Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay no but seriously @gnip I didn't stop to appreciate how fucking funny I found "the Ecking Sachs." It just came back to mind and I started laughing like an idiot again. I really should've called the hack that.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I've always held our Independence Wars could make for good stories for a hack.

A Latin-American SRPG would be amazing. And one that actually covers Latin America as a whole, because Western representation of Latinos usually boils down to Mexicans and Puerto Ricans, everyone else might as well not exist. Although Up did largely take place in the Venezuelan jungles (the main goal was to plop the house atop Angel Falls).

Also the highest-grossing foreign movie in Peru is Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, specifically because half the movie took place in Peru.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Mejor uno sobre corrupción política, me es mas familiar como Español de pura cepa que soy.

No te preocupes, que Latino America tambien tiene sus grandes ejemplos de corrupcion, y al contrario lo que dice Twitter, no siempre es la culpa de los gringos.

Hasta el mismo Gran Colombia tuvo su corrupcion, Simon Bolivar era la uniqa persona manteniendolo. Era como el imperio de Alexander, con un fin similar.

Done with the third dungeon. After a rough start, Solar Boy Django has actually become subtly good. Something nice about a simple 2D isometric Action RPG, with a bit of pixilated GBA charm.

Although, I don't like the total control over stats when leveling. No ability to reset stat allocation meant focusing solely on Agility b/c it reduces damage and increases movement speed made me deal waaaaaaay too little damage.😅 -Still gonna ignore Vitality and Spirit entirely though, or at least Spirit if I can get away with it.

I need to check the game later. Sunset hadn't arrived yet IRL, yet the ingame visuals swapped over to night, the game started counting hours & minutes to sunrise instead of sunset, and humans who were outside went inside. -And yet, the solar sensor continued to work as normal, creating a weird situation where zombies that hadn't been there with the daytime visuals were out in the open, yet taking sunlight damage the moment I stepped into the area. I'm guessing the solar patch keeps the day-night cycle intact, but the Sun never sets, which if true means I can actually play 24/7 IRL.😄

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

..Until people at large start playing it and find another 200 bugs, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

How does the saying go? To bug is to Bethesda? Fret not if the big devs do it all the time.😜

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Hasta el mismo Gran Colombia tuvo su corrupcion, Simon Bolivar era la uniqa persona manteniendolo. Era como el imperio de Alexander, con un fin similar.

TBF, what part of the world that didn't have functioning republican/democratic elements didn't fall into despotism for a while/to this day? The victims of heavy-handed imperialism are bound to be as brutish towards their peoples once set free.

And Alexander the Great is a good point of comparison. With his early death, his oversized empire was split up by his generals (ultimately fracturing into Greece-Macedon, Ptolemaic Egypt, and a vast Seleucid Empire centered in Persia.

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

mZjmlcb.png

Pokemon in shambles. -Unless Foresight/Odor Sleuth. Or maybe she's got something metallic in/on her hands/wrists so it's as a Bullet Punch.

orAJvJ7.png

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Pokemon in shambles. -Unless Foresight/Odor Sleuth. Or maybe she's got something metallic in/on her hands/wrists so it's as a Bullet Punch.

Now you remind me of a thought i had long back - Ghost types being immune to all physical attacks.

OP af naturally

I've been exposed to some Doctor Who rumors thanks to recent castings. The main thing that has some people worried (and honestly I doubt it'll happen) is 

Spoiler

There's supposedly to be a thing where 14 regenerates but it's a "bi-regeneration" where he remains the same but 15 is spawned in (hence the "what the hell is going on here" clip), essentially creating a clone of The Doctor, which something similar happened towards the end of Series 4, only that "Meta-Crisis" Doctor was totally human. But also that 15 gets his own TARDIS, as in like a different one.

Because this was in the same "leak" that seemed to have accurately predicted some Christmas special details, people are seeing it as a hard confirmation buuuuuut I doubt it. I mean, RTD is the guy that had The Doctor regenerate a brand new set of clothes because he felt David Tennant wearing women's clothing would make a mockery of drag, so I really doubt that this man would greenlight "the first black Doctor is technically a separate entity".

Like I can buy that 14 and 15 would exist at the same time but only as a result of the Toymaker's reality fuckery. Having 15 go off as a clone could seriously cripple Series 14 before it begins, let alone jus the fact that it sounds like a really bad idea.

Granted a lot of Doctor Who ideas in the past have also sounded really bad on paper but they ended up being pretty great. I will see what RTD is cooking but I'm fairly positive this part of the leak is made up. Just doesn't feel like his style at all.

I should also mention that apparently a lot of Doctor Who leaks had been wrong in the past.

Edit: turns out the Christmas special leak existed way before the 60th Special leak as well as being posted by somebody different and someone else simply just combined the two, and that's the one that's gaining traction. So the bi-regeneration stuff is probably fake (plus 15 is shown wearing 14's clothes, which wouldn't happen if he were being "cloned").

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And Alexander the Great is a good point of comparison. With his early death, his oversized empire was split up by his generals (ultimately fracturing into Greece-Macedon, Ptolemaic Egypt, and a vast Seleucid Empire centered in Persia.

The sheer size of Gran Colombia meant that much of the people in them too didn't necessarily relate to others. It wasn't like the US where things gradually expanded.

I mean, I think the original Mexican nation was bigger than Gran Colombia but I think the latter had more diversity? There's a lot of reasons probably why Mexico succeeded where Gran Colombia didn't.

Edited by Armagon

37 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The sheer size of Gran Colombia meant that much of the people in them too didn't necessarily relate to others. It wasn't like the US where things gradually expanded.

I mean, I think the original Mexican nation was bigger than Gran Colombia but I think the latter had more diversity? There's a lot of reasons probably why Mexico succeeded where Gran Colombia didn't.

In our case, if you count Mexico as separate from New Spain, then we only lost Central America and the north.

Overall, Latin America fragmented after independence. It's a miracle we didn't split more than we did...

45 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Overall, Latin America fragmented after independence. It's a miracle we didn't split more than we did...

And yet still a more stable state than Russia.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Actually the best Master Sword pull in the series.

Spoiler

Link pulling his sword out of Zelda while she's struggling and moaning until they reach heaven together

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Peak

They definitely reached a peak

*runs*

Ok, pervy jokes aside, it was pretty cool yh

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:
Spoiler

Link pulling his sword out of Zelda while she's struggling and moaning until they reach heaven together

Spoiler

How lewd. 

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ok, pervy jokes aside, it was pretty cool yh

Master Sword pull ranking:

1. Tears of the Kingdom
  2. Twilight Princess
  3. Ocarina of Time
  4. Wind Waker
  5. Breath of the Wild
  6. A Link to the Past/Between Worlds

I don't know where to put Skyward Sword since you're forging the thing there. There's not really a "Master Sword pull" scene since you technically have the sword since the near start.

Couldn't find the full short but what's really funny about this is that not only is this a multi-Doctor story but Peter Davison (the 5th Doctor) ended up becoming David Tennant's (the 10th Doctor)'s father-in-law.

So yeah, the solar patch does work even at night. Although, Boktai 2 definitely provides more workarounds to playing at night compared to the first game. Not perfect, but certainly enough given a little time.

Also, found the character which the Internet (I had to pop a guide for this old game early on, not everything has been 100% clear, although I haven't touched one since) says is amnesiac rando-timespace-accident Solid Snake. Reminder that this is a Konami game (Castlevania apparently wasn't enough vampire hunting for them), and specifically a Hideo Kojima game. It's saying something that perhaps his least weird games are those that require real sunlight. These are the only things in the "legendary video game auteur"'s portfolio that I've actually played.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Now you remind me of a thought i had long back - Ghost types being immune to all physical attacks.

OP af naturally

Which reminds me that I need to get back to GrimGrimoire.😅 All familiars are either corporeal or immaterial. Some familiars are designed to hard-counter one of either substantial or spectral enemies, which forces the player to consider what they should summon. Fairies can also learn to temporarily become phantasmal, and one familiar can momentarily dematerialize allies.

42 minutes ago, Armagon said:

1. Tears of the Kingdom
  2. Twilight Princess
  3. Ocarina of Time
  4. Wind Waker
  5. Breath of the Wild

Subjectively, my first will probably always will be my first.😛 I think I'm too much of a slave to nostalgia for it to be otherwise.😆

While it's not the pull itself, and it has been forever since I played Wind Waker, the grand clash that immediately follows the drawing I vaguely remember liking. The events immediately prior to the pull are also, you know, major for WW. (TP is also ancient history to me, but my thin recollection drags it down by the events that preceded it.)

Sunohara is truly the gift that keeps on giving... XD

Hmm, so... the VN has an option to rename Tomoya. But the VN is voiced, including his full name. Though looking up, the original release wasn't voiced, so no issue if he could be renamed... but then why is the option still there in a voiced edition? Would feel weird to hear his name while a different one is in the text...

On that subject, why is he still unvoiced? It's not like the VN makes him truly featureless. Already saw a CG partially showing his head. Still, at least for the anime...

Didn't went for a bad choice, heh. Yes, same voice as Joshua Radcliffe. Or more like, they gave Joshua the same voice, since Moon Dwellers came way after.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay no but seriously @gnip I didn't stop to appreciate how fucking funny I found "the Ecking Sachs." It just came back to mind and I started laughing like an idiot again. I really should've called the hack that.

Glad to hear that sometimes my dumb jokes land :]

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

1. Tears of the Kingdom
  2. Twilight Princess
  3. Ocarina of Time
  4. Wind Waker
  5. Breath of the Wild

What about Faces of Evil and Wand of-- oh right, there isn't a master sword in those. There is, however, lamp oil, rope, bombs. You want it? It's yours my friend, as long as you have enough rubees. Sorry Link, I can't give credit! Come back when you're a little, mmmm richer!

2 hours ago, gnip said:

Glad to hear that sometimes my dumb jokes land :]

You're welcome, you ecking genius.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

OP af naturally

That wouldn't be bad in Gen 1 since Body Slam is like, the only good physical attack for the most part. XD