Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I'm already on the final dungeon in Solar Boy Django.😅 Though the game is kinda short, which I don't mind. Considering it's still October and I'd skip the two bonus arena & roguelike dungeon (assuming they and the Mega Man crossover content don't require I save after defeating the final boss, since I never sorted out the inability to save issue), I could download the third, Japan-only Boktai entry and take care of that.

49 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i felt that

Don't become like me in regards to sleep lol

As I've said before, 😱 has been making me stay up later than usual in this case the simple phrase "RIP" is enough to trigger me now

It was that, plus volunteering for once to take over getting up for the old dog who yaps every morning for food pre-sunrise and has been doing so for months now.🐶 That woke me up at 5. Then as I stood there waiting for the beloved canine to finish eating so I could take them outside (they're rather blind now, and has issues getting down the outdoor steps in the dark, I have to carry them down), 💀😨 returned. When I went back to bed, I could've tried to sleep again, but instead I jumped on the computer to try suppressing the existential dread. With a murder show on TV for background noise (somehow, those don't really trigger me very much).

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It has only been 11 minutes (when I first started typing this, even if it's being posted later than that) since I posted the above? I stepped into my room to charge this laptop, and like as I soon as I laid down, extremely heavy breathing  with sheer immobilizing terror. Depression attack to the highest degree (well, short of that Degree of No Return). I feel overheated now.😫 Literally a few seconds of a mind not distracted by gaming or posting here, and that happens.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

mobile doesn't help? Or Handheld gaming?

Don't have smartphone, just a buy-your-minutes-no-monthly-fee cheap flip phone😆, and the family tablets were elsewhere in the house.

As for gaming, I wanted to stick to Boktai can I please get infused with dark matter and become an Immortal?. So gaming laptop it had to be.

46 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why do you hurt me like this?

Wow, I'm so good at Sifu. I unlocked the "complete all dragon challenges" achievement after only completing the first one. I must be some kind of secret kung-fu genius.

...That's a bug and a half lol, but I intend on doing it regardless, so I'll have earned it by the end.

I'm am hungry I want some lasaga

After all this time...

ODFfGLV.jpg

Finally, I have them all. The gold sealing stones, that is, since I'm still not done with the Reverie Corridor.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Just got a video on my recommended feed and discovered through it that all this time, there was a F-Zero GX cup I hadn't unlocked. Turns out you get the AX cup by beating all the other cups on master.

Did you get the AX characters already? The world needs more of funny taxi alien PJ.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

They're really making Peter Parker go through the Eren Yeager "nooo I don't want Mikasa to be with another man" arc lmaoooooooo.

Genuinely who is this for? We really about to see Peter Parker and MJ fight each other, like in an actual super battle.

One More Day and it's consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Punished "Venom" Peter is just mad at the writers, can you blame him?

Normally I'd assume these are alternate universe Spider-Man and Mary Jane, but you can never be too sure with comics...

2 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Rise from the Ashes is too long. I don't think I'm even halfway through it.

Relevant

Did you encounter the Blue Badger yet?

@Saint Rubenio yo what's the cheapest digital camera can go for at Carrefour?

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1134927589564235877.webp?size=128&qualit1134927589564235877.webp?size=128&qualit1134927589564235877.webp?size=128&qualit1134927589564235877.webp?size=128&qualit1134927589564235877.webp?size=128&qualit

Feel what we felt, Spider fans

also lol "big girl" What is she, 10?

Zeb Wells is a 10 year old so it checks out.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hope we get to see Dave or whatever his name was join her in attacking Peter with a glock or something

He is also in the scene yes but he's just there to give The Spidey Who Gobs an excuse to get mad.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Her hair became pink when she unlocked her superpowers and became the new superhero, Girlman.

Unironically yes. She's "Jackpot" a new superhero who gained powers like last week.

Remember when a core aspect of Mary Jane was that she supported Peter without being a super? Yeah....

And like it's the execution that's the problem, you can write an AU storyline where she has powers and it worked out fine (Renew Your Vows).

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Normally I'd assume these are alternate universe Spider-Man and Mary Jane, but you can never be too sure with comics...

Nope. Mainline. Peter got infected with "the sins of Norman Osborne" or whatever the fuck is going on.

Some fast Zelda thoughts i have

• I am kinda getting sick of shrines ngl. Honestly i think they should've been reduced by like 50-75% and consolidated or give us more dungeons instead
  • Master Sword having Durability in TotK makes 0 narrative sense lol
3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Why do you hurt me like this?

Because we were denied our rightful ending ;_;

And because i am into a ship atm more than i was into EH and that ship has a 70% chance of sinking lol

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Zeb Wells is a 10 year old so it checks out.

lmao

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I am kinda getting sick of shrines ngl. Honestly i think they should've been reduced by like 50-75% and consolidated or give us more dungeons instead

The only thing i got sick of was the constant Rauru's Blessings after a certain point. 

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Master Sword having Durability in TotK makes 0 narrative sense lol

Meanwhile me, who hasn't even broken it once in the near 200 hours of playtime (i fused it to a Silver Lynel Horn).

It does have unlimited durability against Ganondorf and his phantoms.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The one at death mountain with the fire golem thingy sucks tbh

Really? Stone Taluses got so nerfed in this game (Recall go brrrrr).

However there was definitely a point where if I saw a green crystal, I was like "come on really". Sometimes there's a Rauru's Blessing even when there was no overworld puzzle (BotW did this too but less times).

When the Shrines have actual puzzles, that's when they are great.

1. [NSW] Fate/Samurai Remnant (Koei Tecmo, 09/28/23) – 34,728 (New)
  2. [NSW] Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai (Square Enix, 09/28/23) – 24,367 (New)
  3. [PS5] Fate/Samurai Remnant (Koei Tecmo, 09/28/23) – 21,569 (New)
  4. [PS5] Ys X: Nordics (Nihon Falcom, 09/28/23) – 18,563 (New)
  5. [NSW] Pikmin 4 (Nintendo, 07/21/23) – 18,307 (882,536)
  6. [NSW] EA Sports FC 24 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/23) – 16,485 (New)
  7. [PS5] EA Sports FC 24 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/23) – 15,863 (New)
  8. [NSW] Ys X: Nordics (Nihon Falcom, 09/28/23) – 15,846 (New)
  9. [PS4] Fate/Samurai Remnant (Koei Tecmo, 09/28/23) – 12,203 (New)
  10. [PS4] EA Sports FC 24 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/23) – 11,750 (New)
  11. [NSW] Silent Hope (Marvelous, 09/28/23) – 10,880 (New)
  12. [PS4] Ys X: Nordics (Nihon Falcom, 09/28/23) – 10,183 (New)

No idea what to make of Ys X's Japanese debut numbers. -These are only physical too.

With regards to Fate, it has been announced that total worldwide sales are over 300k.

47 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  1. [NSW] Fate/Samurai Remnant (Koei Tecmo, 09/28/23) – 34,728 (New)
  2. [NSW] Infinity Strash: Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai (Square Enix, 09/28/23) – 24,367 (New)
  3. [PS5] Fate/Samurai Remnant (Koei Tecmo, 09/28/23) – 21,569 (New)
  4. [PS5] Ys X: Nordics (Nihon Falcom, 09/28/23) – 18,563 (New)
  5. [NSW] Pikmin 4 (Nintendo, 07/21/23) – 18,307 (882,536)
  6. [NSW] EA Sports FC 24 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/23) – 16,485 (New)
  7. [PS5] EA Sports FC 24 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/23) – 15,863 (New)
  8. [NSW] Ys X: Nordics (Nihon Falcom, 09/28/23) – 15,846 (New)
  9. [PS4] Fate/Samurai Remnant (Koei Tecmo, 09/28/23) – 12,203 (New)
  10. [PS4] EA Sports FC 24 (Electronic Arts, 09/29/23) – 11,750 (New)
  11. [NSW] Silent Hope (Marvelous, 09/28/23) – 10,880 (New)
  12. [PS4] Ys X: Nordics (Nihon Falcom, 09/28/23) – 10,183 (New)

No idea what to make of Ys X's Japanese debut numbers. -These are only physical too.

With regards to Fate, it has been announced that total worldwide sales are over 300k.

Why can't Famitsu just join the numbers into one. Half this list is Ys and Fate.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yesn't

many shrines are repititive and just a redo and/or extension of a puzzle or gimmick seen before

On the contrary, it's fun to mess around with the mechanics in a new way. Can't say i ever felt "not this again" with the Shrines Blessings don't count it was moreso, "oooh what do we have this time".

Chatting honestly with family is helpful, it didn't vanquish these thoughts, but vocalizing provided at least momentary relief. I love them, I thank them, and I profusely apologize for them having to put up with maddened me. As much as my constant professions of gratitude lightly annoy them since they believe such statements to be unnecessary b/c listening is simply what family should do.🙂

I shall also thank everyone here again. For not minding this constant downpour of melancholic blabbing.

48 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

So my brother is playing the OoT+MM randomiser and I just watch him trying to destroy a pot as Fierce Diety. 

He cant hit a pot with his horizontal slash... Why?

Considering the Fierce Deity is normally restricted to boss fights, it wouldn't surprise me if that results in it having some strange interactions. Interactions that you couldn't normally see because it wasn't intended to be used outside of those very narrow confines.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why can't Famitsu just join the numbers into one. Half this list is Ys and Fate.

TBF, this is an abnormal week. Three significant triple-platform games releasing in the same seven day time period doesn't happen often.😆

Ah, felt so close... but it won't be tonight after all.

Hmm... once read up hers was meant to be one of the main routes of the VN, but the development team didn't end up quite satisfied with it. A shame.

Holy shit the speed on some people. How are folks already past Sacae/Ilia? I released the hack roughly 36 hours ago.

They have to have played it nonstop since it got released. I didn't think a slightly improved FE6 with a fanfic would get folks that badly hooked!

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Did you get the AX characters already? The world needs more of funny taxi alien PJ.

I did. I even beat the first cup on master with Princia's shitty-ass rig.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Saint Rubenio yo what's the cheapest digital camera can go for at Carrefour?

He is also in the scene yes but he's just there to give The Spidey Who Gobs an excuse to get mad.

The Spidey Who Gobs lol. I like how I get that reference even though I don't read comics. Thank Youtube reccs for that. Funniest superhero spin-off I've ever seen, I can't believe people actually ate up what amounts to the commercial equivalent of a 14 year old writing an edgy creepypasta about his favorite superhero.

Unironically yes. She's "Jackpot" a new superhero who gained powers like last week.

Remember when a core aspect of Mary Jane was that she supported Peter without being a super? Yeah....

Well--

And like it's the execution that's the problem, you can write an AU storyline where she has powers and it worked out fine (Renew Your Vows).

Yeah, I was about to say, it's not like you MUST conform to the exact same character roles, arcs and stories that have been made and remade for 100 years. Otherwise mainstream superheroes would get even more stale than they already are. But it needs to be done well.

Give Tom, or whatever his name was, superpowers instead. Make his hair turn silver and don a pair of super frying pans as he become the new superhero, Manman.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Some fast Zelda thoughts i have

• I am kinda getting sick of shrines ngl. Honestly i think they should've been reduced by like 50-75% and consolidated or give us more dungeons instead
  • Master Sword having Durability in TotK makes 0 narrative sense lol

These are actually two very common complaints I've heard.

You know a game that only has as much content as it needs and doesn't overstay its welcome? The CDi duology. You can eat them in 40 minutes each. These games are what all true devs strive for.

Me: let's reach the next checkpoint in the linkedman

Serenes: slow af

Also, it's FEE3 time 😄 It outlived E3, crazy, right?

I know (of) most projects there, but let's see if i can discover something new.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

it's fun to mess around with the mechanics in a new way.

while yes, wether floating balls or wood makes float on water is not really that different. And there're many such repetitions with minor difference

TIL you can put a Switch emulator on the Steam Deck.

That's actually hilarious. It works... inconsistently, depends on the game, but still. When this starts getting perfected, Ninty better hurry and release another console to buy themselves a few more years of emulator development, because the Deck's just the superior option for a console. Emulate Switch games on the Deck, as well as any other console because the regular PC emulators just work on it, and most Steam games? And you also get portability without complete shit hardware? Insane.

...Not that I'm going to get it, I don't care for portable gaming nowadays. I'm just amazed you can emulate Switch on the Deck, that must be having Ninty seething with rage.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also, it's FEE3 time 😄 It outlived E3, crazy, right?

I know (of) most projects there, but let's see if i can discover something new.

Don't remind me, every time I'm reminded that I missed it like an idiot and it makes me angry. And I don't want to be angry.

10 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Bad collision detection? Or is it one of those things that actually does make sense when you think about it?

It would make sense, but he can hit them with a slash when they are on his left side with ease. But straight on? Dream on. 

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Considering the Fierce Deity is normally restricted to boss fights, it wouldn't surprise me if that results in it having some strange interactions. Interactions that you couldn't normally see because it wasn't intended to be used outside of those very narrow confines.

He can't even open doors. XD

Also, he jumps like 80% of most gaps with ease considering his size.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

i am kinda getting sick of shrines ngl. Honestly i think they should've been reduced by like 50-75% and consolidated or give us more dungeons instead

Based opinion. They get exhausting after a while, i agree.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

These are actually two very common complaints I've heard.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Based opinion. They get exhausting after a while, i agree.

I've heard the argument that there's a lot of it so the player can get comfortable without having to seek out everything. It's why there's 1000 Koroks seeds, the devs don't actually intend for you to get them all. I don't know how true this is but I can kinda see it?

With Shrines, there's only 150 but the average player won't get them all. Even I didn't do them all until "post-game". You can max out the Stamina Wheel long before then.