Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Better to have clothes that dry in an hour than having to wait several.

...Why? Do you only have one shirt?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Female Robin coming in after the fact.

Pheros is like, so much hotter though--

It's only natural, though. She's an unplayable character in a Kozaki Fire Emblem. Those always look cooler than the playables. Wally should've just taken what he already had instead of waging a war, losing everything, then settling for some white-haired know-it-all.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Cousin's boyfriend picked us up today to visit the Portuguese border town of Valença.

....his name is Ruben. I'm not making this up. He even has a beard.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why? Do you only have one shirt?

No but if you need something cleaned and dried in short notice, you can do so. If you got a whole basket, you can get it done in less than an hour or two.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cousin's boyfriend picked us up today to visit the Portuguese border town of Valença.

....his name is Ruben. I'm not making this up. He even has a beard.

Ruben is a really common name in Spain, so I'm not surprised. Back in first year of my web dev FP, we had four Rubens in class. Two with identical first surnames, one with a very similar first surname, just a letter off. Almost got listed as absent a couple times in my classmate's stead, the fuck.

What I'm saying is, the best thing about being me? There's so many mes. You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No but if you need something cleaned and dried in short notice, you can do so. If you got a whole basket, you can get it done in less than an hour or two.

Well, yeah, and the power bills go up. If I need something cleaned and dried in short notice, I'll take something else that's currently clean and dry. If all of my clothes are wet, my house is probably flooded and I have bigger problems than needing a dry shirt.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What I'm saying is, the best thing about being me? There's so many mes. You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into.

"There is an imposter among us".

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, yeah, and the power bills go up. If I need something cleaned and dried in short notice, I'll take something else that's currently clean and dry. If all of my clothes are wet, my house is probably flooded and I have bigger problems than needing a dry shirt

All I'm saying is that I've realized I've been taking the dryer machine for granted.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

That reminds me, the Clannad anime never actually went for the good ending, which is why it has the reputation that it does.

School Days also did the same, but it's reputation is entierly different lmao.

Oh no, it did. The movie adaptation does not, but it's more because it just... stops, without actually adapting the last arc. But the TV series totally went all the way through.

... and THAT is why some dislike it, because it's yet another Happy Ending that has its haters for being that, though there is some criticism to how it was done, never mind the fact that was the whole point. Though admittedly, due to the nature of the anime adaptation, it was a bit different from how the VN does it.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Also if it's been a thousand years wouldn't that mean like most of Valentia would be distantly descended from him

Two thousand, actually. Well, maybe at some point cadet branches just stop counting, and they only cared for the direct line of descent.

Why

the FUCK

is a "Izana and Yukimura in Rev" mod hiding at the Gay Fates discord?

I just checked it on a whim and someone was talking about it. Never would've found it otherwise, the only publicly available one is the Scarlet mod.

Why? Why not release this to the world? The world needs more Izana. And Yukimura needs to exist, like holy shit that guys gets majorly shafted lol. He exists for like, two seconds in Birthright, and that's it. No wonder he has the best design out of any playable character in the game, Kozaki mistook him for a NPC

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Why? Why not release this to the world? The world needs more Izana. And Yukimura needs to exist, like holy shit that guys gets majorly shafted lol. He exists for like, two seconds in Birthright, and that's it. No wonder he has the best design out of any playable character in the game, Kozaki mistook him for a NPC

I feel the idea was that he'd be a single-route exclusive. So him for Birthright, Fuga for Revelation, and... no one for Conquest. Guess they got shafted there.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I feel the idea was that he'd be a single-route exclusive. So him for Birthright, Fuga for Revelation, and... no one for Conquest. Guess they got shafted there.

I feel like if you're going to try to do a perfect golden route where everyone gets along and beats the TRUE villain, you should stick to your guns and not kill off two random characters for no apparent reason. It having characters exclusive to it is fine, but I feel it should've been exempt from missing characters from the other routes. Especially such random choices as Scarlet, Yukimura (two Birthright-only characters) and Izana (who is in both the other routes).

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I feel like if you're going to try to do a perfect golden route where everyone gets along and beats the TRUE villain, you should stick to your guns and not kill off two random characters for no apparent reason. It having characters exclusive to it is fine, but I feel it should've been exempt from missing characters from the other routes. Especially such random choices as Scarlet, Yukimura (two Birthright-only characters) and Izana (who is in both the other routes).

That's certainly true. I can guess they wanted to show how even the Golden Route isn't completely perfect, but well, ends up being a detriment to the characters affected.

Finding the mod did not come without a price, however. Turns out people at the Gay Fates discord had played my first hack.

I just spent half an hour getting roasted. It's been... enlightening, at least.

57 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That's certainly true. I can guess they wanted to show how even the Golden Route isn't completely perfect, but well, ends up being a detriment to the characters affected.

I find it funny how there is no alternative dialogue in Rev if Corrin married Scarlet.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In other news, I revisited my latest dropped Conquest run.

imagen.png?ex=653be545&is=65297045&hm=43

I'd forgotten I had built this absolute powerhouse. Damn. Beat that, actual playables.

Who else but Saint Rubenio?

*cue laugh track and applause*

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nobody I know even has a dryer. We could have one, but I mean, like, why?

The clothes being draped across thin city streets from high apartments aesthetic is unmatched so I get it.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pheros could've singlehandedly prevented the entire second act from happening. Too bad Wally's an incel.

Wait who's Phero-

Portrait_pheros_fe13.png

*sigh* Why do all the hot men and women get regulated to unplayable throwaway boss...

but seriously, that is an incredible character design, I never noticed till now.

Also counterpoint. Walhart marries Priam instead because the homo-erotic tension there is insane.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I find it funny how there is no alternative dialogue in Rev if Corrin married Scarlet.

There's no alternative dialogue in Fates at all depending on who Corrin marries I believe, which is strange considering Awakening did that to some degree. I thought at least Azura would have some different dialogue but nope.

Edited by GuardianSing

16 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

Who else but Saint Rubenio?

*cue laugh track and applause*

Still kinda sad I didn't get to the end of that. Might see about doing something about that. I did want to play Fates.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Wait who's Perho-

Portrait_pheros_fe13.png

*sigh* Why do all the hot men and women get regulated to unplayable throwaway boss...

but seriously, that is an incredible character design, I never noticed till now.

Actually beautiful character design. She takes every playable girl in her game and breaks them over her knee. And... she's a throwaway boss in one chapter.

Classic Fatesawakening. The better your design is, the less likely you are to be playable or have any importance. Hence why Yukimura has like, two chapters to exist across all three routes, while Camilla is a main character.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Also counterpoint. Walhart marries Priam instead because the homo-erotic tension there is insane.

Threesome. Walhart is a bi-icon. It's canon because I said so.

H-Sp3_R_top_web.jpg?width=600&height=450

Tokyo.

In Japan's population of 125 million, a tiny 100-200k Muslims exist. When you factor out immigrants residing in Japan, the ethnic Japanese population who is Muslim numbers no more than tens of thousands.

Nonetheless, an interesting read.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not gonna deny Pheros' design is gorgeous, but like, the best one among the female cast? Not fully sure on that...

Hey, opinions do be opinions. That's just mine.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually beautiful character design. She takes every playable girl in her game and breaks them over her knee. And... she's a throwaway boss in one chapter.

I mean if it's not already obvious my favorite female character designs tend to be women who are red and could kick my ass.

See Edelgard, Titania, Minerva, Rinkah, Cordelia, and so on...

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Classic Fatesawakening. The better your design is, the less likely you are to be playable or have any importance. Hence why Yukimura has like, two chapters to exist across all three routes, while Camilla is a main character.

Too true. Still, I appreciate Reina for being the closest we'll get to an unconventionally attractive woman in Fates.

FEF_Reina_01.png

Which is ironic considering she's actually pretty similar to Camilla in the bloodthirsty personality department but at least you can imagine she's ripped under the uniform.

As an aside I had a thought about this concerning Dorothea the other day and how her whole deal in Three Houses is that she's afraid for being only liked because of superficial reasons and she'll lose companionship with age once she loses her beauty and voice.

...And it's like, in a game with a 5 year timeskip. TH had one hell of an opportunity to follow through on that. Could you imagine a post TS war scarred unconventionally attractive Dorothea who lost both her looks and her voice as fuck you towards any player who only romanced her in the beginning because of those things.

15 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I mean if it's not already obvious my favorite female character designs tend to be women who are red and could kick my ass.

See Edelgard, Titania, Minerva, Rinkah, Cordelia, and so on...

Oh, I can relate.

...I can really relate...

9 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Too true. Still, I appreciate Reina for being the closest we'll get to an unconventionally attractive woman in Fates.

FEF_Reina_01.png

Reina is one of the best female designs in Fates, to be sure. Heck, strike the one of - she has the best female design in Fates, no questions asked. She avoids all the pitfalls, and does so while still having a decently unique design with personality. The scar is so raw.

...Therefore, naturally, she's a Corrinsexual with only one support chain to her name. Because cool people don't get to talk in Fateslandia.

ngl now that I've found the mod I'm legit tempted to just throw caution to the wind and replay Rev instead so I can make my dream team of all cool Corrinsexuals

11 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

As an aside I had a thought about this concerning Dorothea the other day and how her whole deal in Three Houses is that she's afraid for being only liked because of superficial reasons and she'll lose companionship with age once she loses her beauty and voice.

...And it's like, in a game with a 5 year timeskip. TH had one hell of an opportunity to follow through on that. Could you imagine a post TS war scarred unconventionally attractive Dorothea who lost both her looks and her voice as fuck you towards any player who only romanced her in the beginning because of those things.

That would've been one of those awesome, awesome things that exist in the same alternate dimension Three Houses where the devs have something called "balls" and give you Jeralt as a playable character without warning you of anything.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Also counterpoint. Walhart marries Priam instead because the homo-erotic tension there is insane

Broke: Ike is gay

Woke: Priam is gay

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

There's no alternative dialogue in Fates at all depending on who Corrin marries I believe, which is strange considering Awakening did that to some degree. I thought at least Azura would have some different dialogue but nope.

It really goes to show how much of an afterthought the system was in Fates.

It gave us Soleil tho so I'll let it slide.

31 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

And it's like, in a game with a 5 year timeskip. TH had one hell of an opportunity to follow through on that. Could you imagine a post TS war scarred unconventionally attractive Dorothea who lost both her looks and her voice as fuck you towards any player who only romanced her in the beginning because of those things.

I'd still smash, battle scars won't stop me.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Reina is one of the best female designs in Fates, to be sure. Heck, strike the one of - she has the best female design in Fates, no questions asked. She avoids all the pitfalls, and does so while still having a decently unique design with personality. The scar is so raw.

I mean, her name literally means queen. Makes sense.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Once again showing your true colors, eh.

Never hid 'em.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, her name literally means queen. Makes sense.

Ain't that the truth. Still don't really understand why they changed her name to something so western-like instead of just calling her Yuugiri, but hey. She really is a queen.

Come to think of it, I seem to recall some sort of explanation being found here, but it was a long, long time ago... Ah, here it is.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:58 PM, Acacia Sgt said:
On 7/28/2021 at 11:55 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Old enough. And hey, she's a Spanish person that isn't either a brigand or a boring healer girl! Even more reason to use her.

Well, not quite. Reina is just a coincidence that it exists in both Spanish and Japanese.

怜奈 or れいな is Reina, which in part means Wise. No relation to the Spanish name.

Actually, it's interesting, because neither of those are her Japanese name. Her Japanese name is ユウギリ Yuugiri. So they sort of... changed her name to a different Japanese word that just so happens to also be a Spanish word? I mean, it's not as dumb as changing someone's perfectly fine name to a name that's already been used in the series.