Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh yeah, R to A was pretty much how W would be to J. Lots of shared series. Makes me wonder if they get the licenses on a "per number of games" basis or with a set time period of use.

So you're not actually sure of how it works?🤔

With the PC digital storefront nowadays, per-game would be better for Banpresto. Since that I would think would allow them to keep SRW30 on Steam technically forever. (Both Project X Zones eventually got taken down from the 3DS eShop, indicating perhaps a timed licensing agreement for those Namco-originated three-company crossovers.) But before the recent invention of the digital storefront, a timed legal agreement would've worked just fine, since they'd only be producing so many copies of an individual SRW before moving on to the next. Whether or companies behave differently to the different forms of contract in this modern cyber marketplace -perhaps charging more for a per-game basis than a temporal one- I do not claim to know.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I see what you did there, game.

UTGHnoC.jpeg

I see what you did there! XD

Oh my God.🤣

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

41 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So you're not actually sure of how it works?🤔

Sadly, no.

With the PC digital storefront nowadays, per-game would be better for Banpresto. Since that I would think would allow them to keep SRW30 on Steam technically forever. (Both Project X Zones eventually got taken down from the 3DS eShop, indicating perhaps a timed licensing agreement for those Namco-originated three-company crossovers.) But before the recent invention of the digital storefront, a timed legal agreement would've worked just fine, since they'd only be producing so many copies of an individual SRW before moving on to the next. Whether or companies behave differently to the different forms of contract in this modern cyber marketplace -perhaps charging more for a per-game basis than a temporal one- I do not claim to know.

There's certainly a complex system behind it. Since you have cases where distribution of the product isn't affected by license expirations. Since those are more geared on the making of the product itself. I don't think Square-Enix and Disney have to keep paying the Edgar Rice Boroughs Estate every time they re-release the first Kingdom Hearts game because of Tarzan, for example.

So I hope that is the case for SRW VTX, 30, and any future ones.

Still, I am reminded that SRW Z, which was in the Playstation Network Store, got removed at some point. But I can't tell you the exact reason why. I haven't checked it in a while to see if Alpha and Alpha Gaiden are still there. I do remember the Classicverse games were still there, relatively recent.

Oh my God.🤣

AE is certainly a great game. lol

I wonder what other references they might've snuck in there...

Finished the normal mode on Returns to Dream Land (though it's only at 92% because I didn't clear the challenge rooms). Extra Mode and the Arena unlocked afterwards. As did...

2023101912271400-s-1.jpg

this. Nice title.

Maybe I'll give it a whirl tomorrow (or today? IDK), and check out whatever Merry Magoland is supposed to be.

See, the thing is, this doesn't look like a game that'd be too hard on the hardware, and emulator's looking like a mighty fine option...

I'm genuinely struggling to convince myself to buy it at this point lol. I opened Pandora's box for the sake of Engage mods...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm undecided if I'll buy Wonder at release. Anyone here intending on doing that?

I have bad record when it comes to finishing 2D Mario games, but I will be picking up Wonder -for the holidays. It's too close to them and it's not like there's much beyond video games I ask for as gifts.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

See, the thing is, this doesn't look like a game that'd be too hard on the hardware, and emulator's looking like a mighty fine option...

I'm genuinely struggling to convince myself to buy it at this point lol. I opened Pandora's box for the sake of Engage mods...

Because it's about to come out, I'd say buy it first and then emulate. You can return the physical copy later.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Because it's about to come out, I'd say buy it first and then emulate. You can return the physical copy later.

I don't know. Like, there's something about that's not getting me super hyped, for some reason. Maybe I'll wait on it a mite.

Persona and SMT V Zippo Lighters Appear in December - Siliconera

Persona-themed lighters, and there's no design for the protagonist who carries one with him everywhere.😑

---

Looking at Japanese physical sales, Rear Sekai did 6k in its first week. Low, although the title is most certainly niche. Silent Hope released two weeks ago with over 10k sales. Perhaps some close-release cannibalization here, since both look to be simple, easy, cozy ARPGs. Silent Hope being Marvelous-developed and technically some distant part of Rune Factory (and the game got 7/10 reviews good enough if you ask me), while Hakama the now-makers of RF made Rear Sekai (which hasn't gotten a Western release yet). Thus I've been paying attention to them.

-If only I got back to RF5.😅 I keep saying I will, I want to, and yet somehow, I keep not doing it!😑

Yesterday was the first day in seven months that I didn't play Trails. But now I can talk about something else for once (until Trails through Daybreak releases), since I got the latest release from one of Nintendo's biggest series...

WQ9UdBS.jpg

Hmm, Super Mario Bros. Wonder looks... different from what I expected. It must be one of those new Wonder Effects. Not to mention, they even included gloom from the hit game Pikmin 4. I look forward to seeing the deep lore connections between Ganondorf and the Smoky Progg.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yesterday was the first day in seven months that I didn't play Trails. But now I can talk about something else for once

You dont have to if you enjoy speaking about Trails, I dont believe im alone in saying you should speak about what you enjoy most.

19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Not to pester folks too much, but any idea when TeeHee madness starts up again?

Next Week!

So tired

of everything

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm undecided if I'll buy Wonder at release. Anyone here intending on doing that?

Was planning to.....but waiting for my brother to finish some stuff first since we play Mario together. So in a few weeks/a Month first, probably.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

WQ9UdBS.jpg

Welcome to the ride!

19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Not to pester folks too much, but any idea when TeeHee madness starts up again?

I will try this weekend now that Serenes is working properly again and it ain't a pain to upload a picture^^

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

VjHt0GP.jpg

This is how you're supposed to complete this challenge, right?

On 10/18/2023 at 8:24 AM, Lightcosmo said:

A boss fight in Reverie taking longer than it needs to kill is normal. HP sponge was literally the name of that game, and unless cheese setups are used, this gets annoying. XD

Being that you have 51 characters to use, I imagine part of the fun is figuring out wacky ways to defeat enemies. Caster Laura let's gooooooooo

I made jokes about the large cast before release, but I found that managing equipment and upgrades for so many characters was easier than I was expecting.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

You dont have to if you enjoy speaking about Trails, I dont believe im alone in saying you should speak about what you enjoy most.

Thanks, though I'm not done with everything yet so I might have some other things to talk about. Like how I'll probably never beat everyone in Pom Pom Party, for example.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Welcome to the ride!

Thank you. I look forward to finding bizarre and time-consuming ways to clear the game's challenges.

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Was planning to.....but waiting for my brother to finish some stuff first since we play Mario together. So in a few weeks/a Month first, probably.

I see.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm pretty sure I saw someone playing Wonder already today...

I've been seeing videos pop up for days. The leakers already got their hands on it ages ago. As per usual.

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Thanks, though I'm not done with everything yet so I might have some other things to talk about. Like how I'll probably never beat everyone in Pom Pom Party, for example.

Talk about Factory Worker Garon.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've been seeing videos pop up for days. The leakers already got their hands on it ages ago. As per usual.

Well, don't know if the guy was one of them. I actually meant as in, physically seeing someone play it with his Switch, not a video.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, don't know if the guy was one of them. I actually meant as in, physically seeing someone play it with his Switch, not a video.

Ohhh, I see. Nah yeah, on an actual Switch it's just some pre-ordered copies that were sent early by mistake to lucky folks. Always happens, too.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

My favorite part is when the movie dragged out the whole war because Warner Bros wanted money.

I hate those movies so much...The old Rankin-Bass animation were so much better.

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'd say push forward and see if you get used to it. Skyward Sword was mixed when it came out on the Wii, many people did not like the motion controls but they were able to vibe with the buttons in the remaster.

I was a big fan of the motion controls back in the day, loved that sword combat, but then I got caught by that game breaking bug...

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Of course. Gay people are different. Perfect concept for an irredeemable villain, sitting right next to "Literal Hitler" Numida!

The Hays Code really fucked with the perception of gay people in media...

3 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Next Week!

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will try this weekend now that Serenes is working properly again and it ain't a pain to upload a picture^^

👍

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Yesterday was the first day in seven months that I didn't play Trails. But now I can talk about something else for once (until Trails through Daybreak releases), since I got the latest release from one of Nintendo's biggest series...

WQ9UdBS.jpg

Hmm, Super Mario Bros. Wonder looks... different from what I expected. It must be one of those new Wonder Effects. Not to mention, they even included gloom from the hit game Pikmin 4. I look forward to seeing the deep lore connections between Ganondorf and the Smoky Progg.

He is playing peak fiction (if you finish this before i finish Ryza 3, it's genuinely over).

45 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

but then I got caught by that game breaking bug...

Is that the one that permanently locks you out of Lanayru?