Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Aslong as i get some challenge post game i am generally satisfied.

Well the first Special World level def took me several attempts.

It's Mario World rules where there's not a "post-game" world, instead there's secret spots on the map that take you to a level there. Though i can see what does appear to be a "The Perfect Run" type level in the center.

I'm on World 2 for the record.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but then regular coins are the same old "I collect this for the dopamine rush"

Yeah i think they're just too iconic to get rid of.

It's like a Sonic game without rings.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

like how Magolor's descriptions are cute, yet worrisome in how he seems to enjoy pure destruction.😄

It's in his nature.

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Man, I spent with Another Eden for almost the entire day. Though I did most of the optional stuff of the new update, phew. Might do a little more tomorrow, but I'll focus more on writing instead.

come merda hehehe

18 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Why Beowulf? For casters, Vega should be a go-to. 

It's a CS4 build, Vega only exists in Reverie.

16 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think Laura has one of the lowest ATS among my characters at the moment, so it might take some work.

Even with subpar ATS Laura is a better caster than Emma, lul

In the end, stats don't matter much as long as the characters are fast and have good buffs. That's why Crow is the best caster in the game, for example.

There's also the 0 delay caster Rean build, but its for CS4 only

I'd say, since I pretty much speedrunned what I had left of the Advanced Collection to do, now I dont know what else to play alongside Clannad.

Hmm... I still need to do Omori's Hikikomori route... continue Atelier Rorona... Valkyrie Profile Lenneth...

Well, I do have a few options to not need to start another game, haha. Well, I'll decide tomorrow...

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah i think they're just too iconic to get rid of.

It's like a Sonic game without rings.

I suppose so. Considering purple coins are more scarce and, far as I've seen, don't respawn, maybe they just didn't want the levels to feel empty with less coins, so they kept the classic ones for the dopamine.

4 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

come merda hehehe

Why the rage at that girl? Please, let me in on the context.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I still need to do Omori's Hikikomori route...

Omri

...Hey, so do I. I don't know if I'll ever get around to it lol.

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

It's a CS4 build, Vega only exists in Reverie

I didnt even realise that screenshot was IV!

6 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

That's why Crow is the best caster in the game, for example.

Ew, Azure Destiny cheese. Xd

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

0aqelu8ronvb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=e9e7ff9b7c

I like how the father is just consistently dying inside in every one of these.

Also I just noticed she has the Sylvis hair. It really is the mom hair, huh. I just can't see it as anything other than the Sylvis hair.

On 10/18/2023 at 9:55 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Every time I tried the Aztecs and rolled a really good capital, getting the Hanging Gardens if possible, I ended up with a one-city challenge because somehow I had no good spots to expand to.

Hanging Gardens are child's play, Temple of Artemis is where the real money (or rather food) is. Another 10% bonus on top of the +15% that the Aztecs get from their Floating Gardens. Insane. It's also relatively low on the AI's list of priority as far as ancient/classic wonders go, so it's not nearly as gambly to go for Artemis as it is to go for the Great Library. 

(As I mentioned before somewhere - it'll always be funny to me that Monty, one of the most aggressive leaders when played by the AI, is so incredibly good at peacemongering)

When it turns out I still need to do something from Volume 3 Part 1 to finish something in Volume 3 Part 2... funny how for the latter I'm almost finished while in the former I still have like... a little under half not done yet, hahaha.

Citra_Nightly_2016_22_10_2023_21_34_55.png?ex=6547ee82&is=65357982&hm=1ff046b6438a6826b0e4f46604970528c87f853257417e17ab8a9e900049fa04&

Aight then. Let's see how this goes. Here's hoping all the mods work.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I love eating spicy food

and by spicy i mean spicy and not whatever mild thing people over here call spicy

But i usually regret it after XD

I can't handle that much spice myself. I salute you.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Nintendo: "Kondo-san, how hard will you go for the airship theme in this new game"

Koji Kondo: "yes"

That's pretty good. Entirely unralted, but Payday 2 just hit me with this today and it kind of blew me away.

Fire_Emblem_Fates_22.10.23_22.35.20.447.png?ex=6547fd05&is=65358805&hm=e9ce079b866707a88d79737a24107af1c76f8aeaaccb8f23eebd619f44c805ab&

I had almost forgotten how much I love this character.

13 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Can't believe Engage isn't an option for favorite FE, this is the worst FE forum ever smh.

It still isn't? I mean, at this point I'm not changing it, but sheesh.

Having spent most of my time in Tears of the Kingdom bumbling around so far, I eventually made my way to the Great Plateau because I recall Armagon saying it's a good idea.

Spoiler

I bumbled around in the Depths on a whim and somehow found the Autobuild ability, which I assume is what Armagon was referring to. I wonder if there are other areas where you can also get it, or if this is the only location? Getting it this early in the game will be quite useful, though I'm still not fully sure how it works. I used it to get to Rito Village, at any rate.

And somehow... Master Kohga returned. Him using a vehicle to fight is fun, I can't wait to face him in a mecha battle later.

I plan on visiting each area in the opposite order as I did in BotW, so I'll visit the Rito first and then the Gorons -> Gerudo -> Zora. I also fought a Gleeock, it did not go well.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I love eating spicy food

Do you make a weird face every time you eat it?

Spoiler

Edited by Lightchao42

Just got back from NYC.

DavidH.KochTheaterExterior.jpg

-Not my picture. 

The David H. Koch theatre. Directly to the right offscreen is the Metropolitan Opera House ...which is I where I thought the ballet was being held today, the strange total emptiness should've alerted me sooner.😆

This building isn't as grandiose, but still nice, and specifically for American Ballet Theatre and New York City Ballet this one. The theatre itself is very similar to the Met's but a little smaller -which was a good thing as the view from my seat from appreciably better this time.😄

To the right of the Met Opera directly across the street is the Julliard School, which for those who have never heard of it, is the USA's elite music, dance, and acting conservatory. Prestige pools together in this tiny corner of NYC.

Today ballet's offerings two single-act productions separated by an intermission- Ballet Imperial, and The Dream. I felt the two complemented each other well.

Ballet Imperial being a plotless profusion of dance inspired by the pre-Revolution Russian ballet as developed in St. Petersburg, with the stage backdrop a romanticized glimpse of St. Petersburg most of the ballerinas in a Russian imperial bright blue. It's what you'd expect of classical ballet, dainty footwork with the ladies the star of the show -minus a fairy tale story. It felt longer than 40 minutes, but not in a bad way, it was simply dense with nonstop finesse.

The Dream was adaptation as I said before of Shakespeare's comedy A Midsummer Night's Dream. I've never seen the play, but I could feel the whimsy in this ballet, some in the audience audibly laughed. In contrast to Ballet Imperial there was a plot, and there was decidedly less dancing, it was more... performative than some may like. Here, I felt the male dancers had a much greater emphasis than the females, which might be indicative of being invented in the 1960s (neoclassical, instead of plain old classical)? Oberon was good, and his servant sprite Puck especially stood out. I also giggled 🏳️‍🌈 inside a little when Puck for a brief moment threw himself into the arms of Oberon, and later jumped on the back of one nobleman, slid between the legs of the other, and then cartwheeled atop the two noblemen's arms holding hands.😄 -And yes, there was a man with a horsehead on stage doing some light dancing. There was also one blink-and-you-miss-it modest moment in the background repeated a second time, which seemed to be implying to be that Titania was being plowed by said horsehead man???

In both cases, the costumes were absolutely superb as well Titania and Oberon looked nothing like they do in SMT though. And the orchestration was beautiful, with the unusual-for-me addition during part of The Dream of a chorus. I couldn't make out the lyrics, so I treated the voices as just more instruments, as I often do.

While I couldn't entirely escape 😦 thoughts during the 2-hour performance, I was smiling during it, particularly during The Dream.😊 It was very enjoyable, and I thank those who financed and provided transport to this wonderful experience.

-Other than that, I didn't do anything in NYC.😅 (TBF, I can visit whenever I feel like it.) Well, I did have brunch almost directly across the street. Was very busy, we had reservations, but we didn't get seated until 20-30 minutes after the reservation time. Excellent burger though!🍔 Grilled onions and a burger sauce that put it over the top, one of the best I've had.😋 (It was almost $30, but that's to be expected. For anyone whoever wishes to come to NYC, be aware that restaurant prices are unusually high here, the demand for food and perhaps the logistics of importing so much every day into NYC cause this I would think.) ...And now I have both a chocolate chip and a caramel coconut cookie to eat.🍪

Edited by Interdimensional Observer