Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'd just like to see the reactions if it did. "B-B-B-B-B-B-But how win when story bad?!!??!?!?!?!"

From whence comes this perdition which now ravenously devours your soul Rubenio?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On 11/11/2023 at 9:13 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

The first was an Immortal Frontier pangaea-type with Siam …and 41 City-States. I could’ve been faster I admit. Ended up starting on the northwestern end of the continent, and was able to expand to five cities going south.

Oh hey we both went for the South East Asian country route in our historical strategy games!

Currently Siam in my Vietnam game of Victoria 3 is going...uh...

20231113132921_1.jpg?ex=65650a87&is=6552

20231113132946_1.jpg?ex=65650a87&is=6552

It could be better.

Amusing detail from Falcom's online shop:

mIocI9X.jpg

Now we know where Estelle buys her sneakers.

On 11/12/2023 at 9:59 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I had no idea you could do that.

That's actually fucking insane.

"[T]he entities formerly known as Mario and Luigi" is an inherently funny sentence.

I also find it funny that the Double Cherry was created by accident. One developer accidentally added two Marios during testing and everyone thought it was a good idea for a power-up.

On 11/12/2023 at 10:53 AM, GuardianSing said:

I remember hearing from my brother about this Brazilian politician who is apparently a big fan of Avatar the Last Airbender...

Plot twist: they think Ozai did nothing wrong.

On 11/12/2023 at 4:57 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

You know what? I want a movie about this now. There's a murder mystery, someone shot a guy square on the forehead and nobody knows who did it. Then after a bunch of drama and meandering about, it turns out the guy just fired at the air and the bullet came back down right on him.

Ace Attorney writers:

287.jpg

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Would be nice if it wins.

Over Pikmin 4? For shame! Not that I'm interested, but I feel obligated to defend Pikmin 4's honor.

Say, here's a stupid little challenge if you want to spend 20 seconds.

Izana_soups.png?ex=656521b5&is=6552acb5&

This is the list of all of Izana's supports in Gay Fates at the moment. Care to guess which ones are mine?

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

From whence comes this perdition which now ravenously devours your soul Rubenio?

Spending too much time writing Fates characters, perhaps.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Considering Three Houses got best strategy game of the year too, any game released under the brand name that uses tiles would probably win this.

Brand recognition! It's a powerful drug. Just ask Pokemon. They could release boxes with nothing but an actual live grenade in them and they'd still hit millions of sales and people would flock to get the next one. The ones that survived, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

"[T]he entities formerly known as Mario and Luigi" is an inherently funny sentence.

I also find it funny that the Double Cherry was created by accident. One developer accidentally added two Marios during testing and everyone thought it was a good idea for a power-up.

I remember reading that. That happens more often than you'd think. You know the Minecraft Creeper? Only the entity that is arguably the face of the biggest selling game of all time, and even if not, still one of the most iconic enemies in videogames period? Glitched pig. Whoops.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Ace Attorney writers:

287.jpg

I really wouldn't put it past them to do something like that at some point. I mean, remember GAA 1-2?

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Deoxys looks so queer posing like that, maybe b/c its DNA arms are replaced by human ones here. -I don't mean this as an insult whatsoever ofc. I actually think a flamboyant cosplay (IDK if a drag stylization specifically would be the perfect fit, I was thinking something more twinkish) wouldn't be half-bad. I've seen a drag Piranha Plant attire before, Deoxys could be made to twerk.

22 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh right, the Tales of Arise DLC came out. I'm not playing it because i will finish Ryza 3, i will overcome the Endless Now.

Speaking of At'...

gsdx-20231113092922.png

From playable to punishable.

Finally got around to starting the second Mana Khemia playthrough last night. Been curious what Razeluxe was up to, the game only briefly hinted at his storyline towards the end of Ulrika’s.

Using clear data from the first playthrough allows you to carry over recipes and various records from the first run. Optionally you can also carry over items (and money). I chose to do so to drastically cut back on crafting and foraging needs, I already had my fill on the first run. Will also make this second playthrough conveniently brisk. In the process, atop a ton of materials, I acquired a full arsenal of armor and accessories, so I could break the second run wide open if I wanted to. -But I’ll hold back somewhat. And while most of the Grow Books are already unlocked as a result, I still need to fight to acquire all the AP necessary to learn the skills/stat boosts. Noticed the school library also added an NG+ shop where you can buy permanent stat boosters -but they cost AP instead of money.

I've seen everyone's first bonding events (Yun's was sadly not that much about him, even if I already intend to pick him for the ending). So far, I have a feeling Team Raze will be better than Team Ulrika in terms of characterization and overall group feel. 

gsdx-20231113125226.png

...Not to say the writing here is 100%-cringe free.😝 But at least Team Raze doesn't have a strong "Why are these people together when they can barely tolerate each other?" vibe.

Also...

gsdx-20231113170945.png

...hopefully that new Atelier Gatcha -since it's already got Raze in there- will add Yun at some point. Such an awesome sprite that it'd be a shame not to bring this into glorious 3D.

Ofc Yun's artwork isn't as good as his sprite, since portraits are flawed throughout the Mana Khemia duology IMO. Hopefully they would downplay the art and focus on the animated pixels. Lightly brown skin looks better for him than the light orange his artwork has -if still making sense for a fire mana.

-And yes, to the right of Yun is a playable Puni. The fifth and final member of Raze's group is Puniyo, a little girl who was found as an infant by some traveling Punis and raised as one. She is accompanied by her very protective three brothers, one of whom she rides into battle upon. (IDK when the Three Puni Bros. started, but they did show up in Iris 1 and I know I saw them in other games before I got to MK2. My impression is that they disappeared with the Arland Restoration?) Apparently Puniyo still hasn't realized she's a human, and was enrolled at the school by her family to prepare her for the day of realization.

(Reminder- Al-Revis expanded in Fall of Alchemy to include non-alchemy courses, including general education for children. -Actually, Raze didn't want become an alchemist at all. He got dragged into coming to the school when his master Rich Girl Lily decided she'd attend and learn alchemy. Raze enrolled in the Combat course, and is only being taught alchemy b/c now-VP Flay orders it for the class if only it was ever stated why the heroic musclehead even bothered to learn it himself.)

Puniyo is going to run into one characterization problem for sure though.

gsdx-20231113134530.png

...She only speaks the Puni language. Her brothers have to translate everything she says into human language. Having her bros around makes the playable crew on Raze's side technically nine characters (the ninth being Lily's water/ice mana maid Whim, who does all the fighting while Lily just stands around).

7 hours ago, ping said:

I think I can guess the plan :lol:

I wanted to play to Siam's strength. +50% City-State bonuses matter more when you have dozens of +50%s.😁

I will say that doing that confirmed that one needn't ever finish Patronage. Despite having so many allies once I got past the earlygame, I got like 4 gifted Great People out of it (including a Merchant of Venice). Not enough to make that last policy in Patronage worth it. The military units were nice though, including three Keshiks,

7 hours ago, ping said:

This seems like Harald was plotting against you and then asked Pachacuti if he wanted to come along. I think I've seen that quite often, too, where only one half of a double war dec actually commits to an attack, while the other one does nothing and sometimes even just asks for peace 10 turns later.

The game said Harald was frie- deception.😑 Slightly odd, his flavor that is only 4, but it's not impossible and it could've always rolled a 6. Although why would he have wanted Mt. Kailash? I heard the AI rarely if ever assigns population to Natural Wonders. I did kinda block his territorial expansion room (he seemed fine building a few Wonders instead, now that's odd b/c he's a 3 there).

7 hours ago, ping said:

I'm starting to suspect myself that wide is really mostly a trap when playing single player. It's probably different if you're playing competitive, but against the AI, I don't know how much the additional production from the extra cities really adds. Warfare doesn't really involve building huge armies out of every city, anyway, since you can generally preserve (most of) your units against most assaults, and having a handful of highly promoted troops (like a melee unit with Cover II, or ideally Xbows with Range and/or Logistics) tends to be the endgame, not a big carpet of doom that will just bankrupt you. And as a result, your 8th city tends to spend all of its hammers on self-improvment, so to speak, and not really something that brings you closer to a victory condition.

Wide does help with winning the World Congress projects. -But I do think it'd be better to go tall, and if one wanted to go wide, just do so via conquest. Feels like the main challenge of wide is the beginning. Once an empire is up and running, adding more cities becomes tolerable. In the long run there is a limit to how much precious Science one can get out of an individual city. -Although at the point we're talking, it'd be better to steal a good city -filled with preexisting improvements, some surviving buildings, perhaps some Wonders, and a unique luxury or two you didn't already own- rather than make a mid/lategame new settlement. 

It's a point in favor of Austria I suppose- a boatload of Gold can buy you a fully-furnished city without having to fire a single arrow/bullet. Although City-States in Civ 5 are programmed to almost always have like one or two bonus resources, one strategic, and one luxury, their territory ain't the greatest (and annoyingly sometimes a Natural Wonder). I guess that's a balancer. And by the time you buy a City-State (if you don't do so early), I suppose good vs. mediocre terrain becomes irrelevant b/c the existing infrastructure and population diminish the need for lots of pretty map icons.

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

It could be better.

I'm not worried. As they say, if you don't win, Thai Thai again.😛

I don't know Southeast Asian history as well as I wish I did, but the region does interest me (although what part of this globe couldn't elicit academic curiosity from me?🤓).

I will also mention that I have a poster of Ha Long Bay adorning my bedroom wall.

530919_poster.jpg

(-Not this particular image though. Just a reminder of what it looks like.)

And the only reason I know this beautiful place of rock, water, and greenery even exists ...is Civilization VI.😆 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

For all my qualms about chapter length and stuff, it comes to my attention that Chapter 4 is ~3.3K words. I suppose I could've not written the Ring Vault scene, and I'd be at about ~3.2K words, and... hmm... might've gone over 3.5K words, but if I could've managed to keep it under 4K words...

Ah well, I'm sticking to what I chose.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ahahaha i can't believe some people want Isayama to write an FE story.

FE stories might be generally trash, but none, not even the absolute fucking worst of them, reached the level of shitiness of Isayama's writing

Is this all because of the Tower-Reaching-Towards-The-Heavens-Gets-Smitten-By-God-Comes-Crumbling-Down-So-Fast-That-The-Surrounding-Town-Is-Killed-In-A-Pompeiian-Dust-Cloud-tier ending? Surely the writing had to be kinda-sorta-maybe-just-a-little-decent before the ending, for anyone to have had to force-shutdown and reboot their their personality OS once the ending happened?

-Just asking.🙂

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Spending too much time writing Fates characters, perhaps.

He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my tastes, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Fates character. Hath not a Fates character eyes? Hath not a Fates character hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as Rubenio is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Fates character wrongs Rubenio, what is his humility? Revenge. If Rubenio wrongs a Fates character, what should his sufferance be by Rubenio’s example? Why, revenge. The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ahahaha i can't believe some people want Isayama to write an FE story.

FE stories might be generally trash, but none, not even the absolute fucking worst of them, reached the level of shitiness of Isayama's writing

…Which game in the series murdered your childhood Shrimp-kun?