• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Me: Oh I can't wait for the weekend when I don't have to work and I can spend the day doing whatever I want.

My brain who didn't allow me to sleep last night: Yeah you're going to feel too exhausted to do anything for the rest of the weekend.

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Davros is one of the few characters that has struck The Doctor with genuine fear

Davros isn't evil because he's in a chair, he's evil because he created a mutant race of genocidal maniacs genetically engineered to hate anything that isn't Dalek. The ultimate racists. Daleks may have plungers for hands but a single Dalek can kill a city of one million people, they are the most dangerous race in the universe.

I suddenly recall this one episode where they go back to when the empire state building was under construction during the Great Depression and it was revealed that the Daleks were the ones building it.

What a metaphor.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Should also mention how the response has been mixed even among the disabled community. Half of them are like "yes I agree the reason for the change" and the other half feels slighted that RTD even saw Davros as a character who embodied that negative trope in the first place.

Wouldn't you know it, disabled people aren't a monolith.

It is a tricky situation because bigotry is usually not intended and in a situation like this it's impossible to say if the original designers were subconsciously putting in some of those negative stereotypes but all and all, it's best to listen to what different disabled people say on the matter.

I have walked

blocks trying to find mint to make a cake with. I even found a rare natural pink sheep. No mint.

Tomorrow will be three days I've just been walking trying to find mint. This game is killing me.

32 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Barzelphen for president.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Me: Oh I can't wait for the weekend when I don't have to work and I can spend the day doing whatever I want.

My brain who didn't allow me to sleep last night: Yeah you're going to feel too exhausted to do anything for the rest of the weekend

me, every week.

And why i am in an eternal Joker mood atm.

Ngl i hate my life. Ever since i finished Uni and started work life i've probably hated my life every single moment.

This system sucks, and it's super fucking inefficient and unfair.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

I saw some strangers get married today, it was pretty nice. Or rather the wedding was in public and I happened to be in the general vicinity at the time, so whether that counts as "seeing" is open to debate.

In hindsight, Super Mario 64 DS feels like a strange game. Not just because it's Mario's premier 3D game on a portable console, but it also added a decent amount of new content. Could you imagine if Super Mario Odyssey got an updated version that added three new characters and 220 new Moons to collect? Wario is also playable, which is unusual because it's the only mainline Mario where that's the case. Since Luigi was playable, there were rumors about Waluigi being a secret character instead.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:11 PM, Armagon said:

You have seen peak fiction.

It was good, I enjoy the fact that cats auto-revive upon death as long as they have lives left in the Shrek universe (though it didn't share as much continuity with the Shrek series as one might expect, or its predecessor for that matter). I'm glad that I understand all the memes now.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:10 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Took me a moment to figure it out. But cat + mortality and Arma mentioning the film some months ago had a surprisingly macabre element- the most recent Puss In Boots film.

That's right, but I wonder how many other movies that description would apply to...

On 11/17/2023 at 5:56 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

...There's Izana/Shura, Izana/Takumi and Izana/Scarlet that's not mine, and the rest are mine. I've actually, well and truly, done more Izana than both IntSys and the rest of the mod contributors combined now. I have a problem.

You have done a great service for Izana fans everywhere.

On 11/17/2023 at 5:56 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Are you fucking kidding me? She's my favorite girl in Fates.

I see, I should've known that a Garon fan would enjoy trap girl.

4 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I can't believe Serenes Forest has been graced by Mike Stoklasa and Rich "Rich Evans" Evans. It broke new ground!

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

suddenly recall this one episode where they go back to when the empire state building was under construction during the Great Depression and it was revealed that the Daleks were the ones building it.

What a metaphor.

Well technically the Daleks were kidnapping humans, genetically rearranging them and then using them as slaves to build the Empire State Building.

It is a tricky situation because bigotry is usually not intended and in a situation like this it's impossible to say if the original designers were subconsciously putting in some of those negative stereotypes but all and all, it's best to listen to what different disabled people say on the matter.

I just think it would've been better to simply create more disabled heroes instead.

And like, again, nothing wrong with pre-chair Davros. Davros looked great in that minisode. But this is the second time RTD has used a sympathetic but unnecessary reason to make a cool change, instead of just making a cool change. This was the first

David Tennant regenerates a suit because RTD felt that David wearing Jodie's clothes would've "made a mockery of drag culture" and like, I get what he's saying and it doesn't detract from the scene's cool factor.... but just a few years ago Jodie was wearing Peter Capaldi's clothes on her first episode (and ngl she rocked that outfit better than her actual one).

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ngl i hate my life. Ever since i finished Uni and started work life i've probably hated my life every single moment.

Therapy my friend. Or something that can help.

I'm saying don't let that feeling go too far.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

though it didn't share as much continuity with the Shrek series as one might expect, or its predecessor for that matter

Yeah it's basically it's own thing.

Edited by Armagon

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Or something that can help.

I don't think anything can help in the current system. Considering my problems are:

• Routine. I fucking despise Routine. Every day being the same successfully killed me inside. Most of the time i don't feel anything or taste anything - complete Apathy
  • No reward for efficiency. If anything, you get punished for being efficient/fast. I have to artificially slow myself down
  • Everything being basically centered around that thing called work.
  • Lack of flexibility.

And i am in one of the countries with stronger labor laws around the world and higher number of vacation days.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Found out that The Master dancing in this scene wasn't actually a part of the script. Sacha Dhawan just assumed it was.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I don't think anything can help in the current system. Considering my problems are:

• Routine. I fucking despise Routine. Every day being the same successfully killed me inside. Most of the time i don't feel anything or taste anything - complete Apathy
  • No reward for efficiency. If anything, you get punished for being efficient/fast. I have to artificially slow myself down
  • Lack of flexibility.

And i am in one of the countries with stronger labor laws around the world and higher number of vacation days.

I understand, i just meant like mentally. 

Just showing concern here.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Found out that The Master dancing in this scene wasn't actually a part of the script. Sacha Dhawan just assumed it was.

I mean, I'd be surprised that it actually didn't, if the script was already calling for the song to show up.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, I'd be surprised that it actually didn't, if the script was already calling for the song to show up.

Yeah, he said something about like he knew the song itself was in the script but didn't know the dance wasn't so he just started dancing and the cameras kept rolling.

Obviously i'd imagine the scene was altered to accommodate.

Okay, might as well do Tomoyo's route next. Curious decision to put the light from Misae's route there too, but I guess it spices things up a bit.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, he said something about like he knew the song itself was in the script but didn't know the dance wasn't so he just started dancing and the cameras kept rolling.

Obviously i'd imagine the scene was altered to accommodate.

Such an interesting trivia, heh.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

me, every week.

And why i am in an eternal Joker mood atm.

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

In hindsight, Super Mario 64 DS feels like a strange game. Not just because it's Mario's premier 3D game on a portable console, but it also added a decent amount of new content. Could you imagine if Super Mario Odyssey got an updated version that added three new characters and 220 new Moons to collect? Wario is also playable, which is unusual because it's the only mainline Mario where that's the case. Since Luigi was playable, there were rumors about Waluigi being a secret character instead.

Certainly not your usual remake. I know Luigi breaks some of the original challenges, but I definitely preferred 64DS over the original. Not to mention the completely optional mini games. -If only the DS had the slide pad of the 3DS, would've fixed the awkward controls issue.

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

In hindsight, Super Mario 64 DS feels like a strange game. Not just because it's Mario's premier 3D game on a portable console, but it also added a decent amount of new content. Could you imagine if Super Mario Odyssey got an updated version that added three new characters and 220 new Moons to collect? Wario is also playable, which is unusual because it's the only mainline Mario where that's the case.

It's such a weird thing. They remade the game in a console that made the game look worse and play worse. And then they added a whole bunch of extras. Because why not.

I still enjoyed it, but that's because I was playing on PC lol. SM64DS on the Nintendo PC is the optimal way to play it. The controls become a lot less annoying and you can upscale the game so it actually looks as good as it should've, without the DS's ultra crustiness.

Since Luigi was playable, there were rumors about Waluigi being a secret character instead.

I remember that. I wasn't part of that craze, because kid me only ever cared about Loogi and already got him in that version. That being said, a secret character would've definitely been a much better reward for the mysterious fourth door in the character select room than... a fucking star lol. I mean, all the hoops you have to go through to enter that room and then it just has a star in it. Sheesh.

You have done a great service for Izana fans everywhere.

All four of us, yes. Maybe six or seven now, I'm pretty sure I've converted a couple people over at the discord with my barrage of Izana text.

I see, I should've known that a Garon fan would enjoy trap girl.

It wasn't even my best trap.

10 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

• Lack of flexibility.

It's terrible that even if the amount of work hours in a day is dwarfed by how many hours off, the day still feels as though it revolves around those few little hours spent working. It's not just spending time at the workplace, it's dreading having to go there when you wake up in the morning and recovering from the exhaustion thereafter.

I worked 4 hours a day 5 days a week and recently that's been cut down to just 2 hours a day because of winter, and yet it all still feels very exhausting. First ever weekly job I've had and I already fear for my future.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well technically the Daleks were kidnapping humans, genetically rearranging them and then using them as slaves to build the Empire State Building.

Oh was that them turning humans into pig-things that would die in 24 hours? I was going to mention that but I couldn't remember if that was a different episode or not.

Again, one hell of a metaphor for the Pre OSHA days of the Great Depression.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Certainly not your usual remake. I know Luigi breaks some of the original challenges, but I definitely preferred 64DS over the original. Not to mention the completely optional mini games. -If only the DS had the slide pad of the 3DS, would've fixed the awkward controls issue.

I can't believe Wario became a playable character in a mainline Mario game before Peach...

Well- I guess there's Mario 2 USA but that barely counts.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All four of us, yes. Maybe six or seven now, I'm pretty sure I've converted a couple people over at the discord with my barrage of Izana text.

I was into him since the beginning so count me as eighth.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It wasn't even my best trap.

1200px-FEE_Rosado_portrait.png

I can't wait to see him.

42 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I was into him since the beginning so count me as eighth.

Oh, cool. Check out my soups

42 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I can't wait to see him.

Neat character. Very unfortunate unit. You'll make do, I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's such a weird thing. They remade the game in a console that made the game look worse and play worse. And then they added a whole bunch of extras. Because why not.

Excuse me?

Judging from the following statement I didn't quote, I take it you mean "looks worse than it would've been had it been the same, but not on the DS"?

Because compared to original 64, 64DS is waaaaaaaay better visually. Maybe not as good as it hypothetically could've been on the GameCube/Wii, but definitely superior to the 64, much more detail. It's partly why I wouldn't ever return to the original, launch-64 graphics are primitive.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

I can't believe Wario became a playable character in a mainline Mario game before Peach...

Honestly, Wario felt glued onto the game. Outside of when I had to use him (and he does join rather late), I'm not sure how much I actually did. Weaker jumping in a platformer isn't very good.

Wario had seen better platforming days, namely his little long-dead series.

I think the Exit Fate mechanic I miss the most in Last Scenario is bribing. Getting to avoid random encounters altogether with the press of a button, for a price, it was so goddamned genius. Zero hassle involved, I get to just focus on getting where I need to go without even needing to avoid overworld enemies.

Here it's just your bog standard "whoops, battle time." Though luckily, RPGMaker what it is, loading the battle and then escaping takes all of 4 seconds. Sometimes less is more.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Excuse me?

Judging from the following statement I didn't quote, I take it you mean "looks worse than it would've been had it been the same, but not on the DS"?

Because compared to original 64, 64DS is waaaaaaaay better visually. Maybe not as good as it hypothetically could've been on the GameCube/Wii, but definitely superior to the 64, much more detail. It's partly why I wouldn't ever return to the original, launch-64 graphics are primitive.

Yeah, poor wording, but that's what I meant. Game would've been better off in the Wii or something like that. Portability clearly didn't compensate for the hit visuals and controls took, considering the general opinion about it.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, Wario felt glued onto the game. Outside of when I had to use him (and he does join rather late), I'm not sure how much I actually did. Weaker jumping in a platformer isn't very good.

Wario had seen better platforming days, namely his little long-dead series.

Yeah, Wario in this game is completely worthless. Yoshi is technically the optimal character, because he can just use caps to turn into every other character while there's no such thing as a Yoshi cap, and Mario is the only one who gets to fight Bowser for... reasons. But really, they all have pretty flimsy reasons to be used. My man's so obscenely broken that the game basically becomes the Luigi show the moment he's available lol

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Just showing concern here.

Thanks 🙂

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Coping Valley describes my mental state

It's terrible that even if the amount of work hours in a day is dwarfed by how many hours off, the day still feels as though it revolves around those few little hours spent working. It's not just spending time at the workplace, it's dreading having to go there when you wake up in the morning and recovering from the exhaustion thereafter.

We should work to live

Sadly, we live to work

First ever weekly job I've had and I already fear for my future

I remember that feeling from my youngling days. I felt like a machine. Even back then i hated it.

Now? I feel like my life is over already

That, and the bribe thing had a secondary advantage: Due to quirks of RPGMaker, talking to someone, opening a chest, changing screens, etc. reset the random encounter timer. So if I was close to one such thing when the warning to bribe an encounter popped up, I could try to hurry and save myself paying a bribe.

Just, all around really nice system, but oh well. They can't all be as blessed as Exit Fate.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Thanks 🙂

Please don't take my general silence as indifference. I definitely sympathize as well, it's just... well, I'm afraid I just don't know what to say at this point. Life's just not fair.

I'm gonna say that is also my problem. Never been much of a social person to begin with, and... well, not exactly work-related (all of it, anyway), but when you also endure similar problems...

You can voice them out, so I'll say you're better at this than me, at least.

Edited by Acacia Sgt