Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Silent Hope did get a near-simultaneous release this year. -Albeit I would imagine that had a lot less text than an RF will.

I'll say, the release gap between RF3S in Japan and over here was closer too. But that is a game that already exists.

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I think people tend to make a way bigger deal of this than neccessary. And its not like DLC is any different, by any means.

You don't have to worry about DLC vanishing into the void once you already have it.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You don't have to worry about DLC vanishing into the void once you already have it.

That and with DLC you know what you're getting. With gacha, you could get the thing you want, or you might get a different thing, or you might get crap. Who knows? Give us money to find out! It's just gambling, which is probably the reason why gachas get in trouble in countries that crack down heavily on gambling. Because it's gambling.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That and with DLC you know what you're getting. With gacha, you could get the thing you want, or you might get a different thing, or you might get crap. Who knows? Give us money to find out! It's just gambling, which is probably the reason why gachas get in trouble in countries that crack down heavily on gambling. Because it's gambling.

And there's no FOMO. The thing with gachas, the real reason they cause FOMO, is because of the timed exclusivity of things. Even when they rerun the event characters, the actual events they are part of are a one and done thing.

I booted up FEH a few days ago out of boredom, looked around and I was like

hell.jpg?ex=65903692&is=657dc192&hm=8903

The last time I was actually engaged with FEH was at the start of Book 3. Man, I hadn't even begun my freshman year of college yet. That's how long ago it was. Game's borderline unrecognizable and I could see all the events and stuff that I can no longer do because they expired like years ago. Bloody hell, even the free CYL banners expire like after a year or two. I thought they were just there forever until you redeemed them but nope, only the last two are available right now. The rest? Pay up.

I was about to get hit by FOMO myself until I slapped myself and remembered it wasn't worth it. But this is why it gets you. It's like alcohol, if you got no self control, it'll just keep drawing you down.

What the fuck

Some asshole archer just shot Emilia to pieces.

Then Zagan just went "wow am I full, that was one helluva meal haha I am evil" but like... dude, you didn't get to eat shit! That other jerk fucking blew her shit up before you could cannibalize her! Kaga why didn't you program the other enemies not to attack Emilia? I know you can do it, I've used SRPGStudio too!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And there's no FOMO. The thing with gachas, the real reason they cause FOMO, is because of the timed exclusivity of things. Even when they rerun the event characters, the actual events they are part of are a one and done thing.

I booted up FEH a few days ago out of boredom, looked around and I was like

hell.jpg?ex=65903692&is=657dc192&hm=8903

The last time I was actually engaged with FEH was at the start of Book 3. Man, I hadn't even begun my freshman year of college yet. That's how long ago it was. Game's borderline unrecognizable and I could see all the events and stuff that I can no longer do because they expired like years ago. Bloody hell, even the free CYL banners expire like after a year or two. I thought they were just there forever until you redeemed them but nope, only the last two are available right now. The rest? Pay up.

I was about to get hit by FOMO myself until I slapped myself and remembered it wasn't worth it. But this is why it gets you. It's like alcohol, if you got no self control, it'll just keep drawing you down.

Eyup. Every gacha has a slew of people like "I play F2P, it's playable, it's not that bad", but they're not the target. The target is ludopaths, children, impulsive buyers, competitive/min-maxing players... Folks who can be manipulated into giving up their wallets to avoid the tedious grind or missing out on limited offers. Kind of like how scam emails are often incredibly obvious - that's because in this way, they weed out people until they're left with only those who will fall for everything they throw at them. Until they've nothing left to steal.

Gacha is the most rotten kind of videogame monetization. All in the name of money. Fuck them.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What the fuck

Some asshole archer just shot Emilia to pieces.

Then Zagan just went "wow am I full, that was one helluva meal haha I am evil" but like... dude, you didn't get to eat shit! That other jerk fucking blew her shit up before you could cannibalize her! Kaga why didn't you program the other enemies not to attack Emilia? I know you can do it, I've used SRPGStudio too

What's the context?

Gacha is the most rotten kind of videogame monetization. All in the name of money. Fuck them

And this loops around to why I'm mildly looking forward to Granblue ReLink. I can experience the actual worthwhile stuff the series has to offer without the gacha.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What's the context?

Margulite demons need to consume human sacrifices to regain their power. Usually female because... I don't remember if Kaga explained the bias in the multiple novels' worth of text in the two Vestarias so far, but you can imagine the Doylist explanation. Anyway, this character Emilia went looking for one of my team's characters, wandered to the final chapter place offscreen for no reason and got caught by the enemy. Midway through the map, Zagan spawns in and begins to deal 1 damage to her per turn. You have to get to him before he can kill her. Once you open the cell, enemies spawn inside to impede you.

...Except, there's a staircase with archer reinforcements right there. I retreated a bit to deal with the enemies summoned by Zagan, which allowed the archer to slip right into the opened cell and turn Emilia into a stain on the wall. This triggered the event where Zagan finishes her off and powers up, except he didn't finish shit. His meal was stolen by a generic archer lol

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eyup. Every gacha has a slew of people like "I play F2P, it's playable, it's not that bad", but they're not the target. The target is ludopaths, children, impulsive buyers, competitive/min-maxing players... Folks who can be manipulated into giving up their wallets to avoid the tedious grind or missing out on limited offers. Kind of like how scam emails are often incredibly obvious - that's because in this way, they weed out people until they're left with only those who will fall for everything they throw at them. Until they've nothing left to steal.

Gacha is the most rotten kind of videogame monetization. All in the name of money. Fuck them.

In what little I’ve read about that I hafta agree

Never opened my wallet before to play a game outside of buying it outright. Not about to start now

I'd say, one reason I like Another Eden is that they try to not have timed anything. Or even paid outside the usual "buy the Gacha currency". I don't need to pay up to get any of the collaboration characters, and they and their events are here to stay forever. Well, unfortunately, Square-Enix still forced them a five-years deadline for any collab they'd wish to do with them. Can't win them all, I suppose. And the developers have admitted it does make it hard to strike up collaboration works in general because they want them to be free and available indefinitely.

50 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then Zagan just went "wow am I full, that was one helluva meal haha I am evil" but like... dude, you didn't get to eat shit! That other jerk fucking blew her shit up before you could cannibalize her! Kaga why didn't you program the other enemies not to attack Emilia? I know you can do it, I've used SRPGStudio too!

Wah? How did that happen? I mean, he summons a bunch of skeleton dudes when the door opens. If she was a valid target, they would just kill her. But they don't.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Wah? How did that happen? I mean, he summons a bunch of skeleton dudes when the door opens. If she was a valid target, they would just kill her. But they don't.

It wasn't the skeletons, it was the archer that comes out of the staircase near the cell. Zade got paralyzed, so I retreated him and gave myself some space to handle the skeletons next turn. Which I did, no problems there. I was ready to confront Zagan the turn after.

...But then the archer just ran inside the cell and shot Emilia in the face. Ended up having to use the paralyzed Zade to distract him lol

It wasn't the skeletons, it was the archer that comes out of the staircase near the cell. Zade got paralyzed, so I retreated him and gave myself some space to handle the skeletons next turn. Which I did, no problems there. I was ready to confront Zagan the turn after.

...But then the archer just ran inside the cell and shot Emilia in the face. Ended up having to use the paralyzed Zade to distract him lol

Interesting how she is a viable target for some enemies but not others. Seems like it would be easier to just not make her a possible target, period.
I suppose I can see how this slipped through the cracks, at least. I mean, you have to stand in front of the door before Emilia could actually get in range of anyone. It's probably not something that happens a lot.

Getting to Therenius now.

24 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Interesting how she is a viable target for some enemies but not others. Seems like it would be easier to just not make her a possible target, period.
I suppose I can see how this slipped through the cracks, at least. I mean, you have to stand in front of the door before Emilia could actually get in range of anyone. It's probably not something that happens a lot.

From my experience with SRPGStudio, there's not an all-encompasing "don't target this unit" rule. You have to set those things for every enemy. I can understand not giving it to every enemy on the map, but the archer that spawns right next to the door is something that should probably have occured to him.

Still, as you said, I can't imagine most people wander from the cell long enough, or far enough after opening it to allow the archer inside, so it's possible it just never came up.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

You don't have to worry about DLC vanishing into the void once you already have it

If its trash quality it might as well though. And its not as though you van return it once its bought, unlike the base game.

Vestaria_Saga_I_16_12_2023_18_44_46.png?

Gotta love the switcheroo the game pulls on you, making it look like you're just going to die horribly. Pretty sure the trapmen don't even fire a shot after Therenius goes down. Kaga just did that to scare the player.

Well, that's that. Solid B tier FE, won't move on the tier list becuase I'm pretty sure it's in the right place for me. Few annoying moments, couple of really dumb maps, very wordy, but overall it suffers most from the sequel's existence in English. VS2 is the better game by a very long shot.

16 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The final boss I expected:
avs094.jpg

The final boss that I got:
pexels-photo-7096723.jpeg

Hahahahahaha

Those fucking stairs are so rancid. Not like you gain that much time if Zade isn't on his horse, I mean, you still have to go all the way around to get Emmung, but...

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The biggest troll move is that after getting Zade's horse all the way to the top, the asshole decides to just dismount anyway.

And yet he can't be arsed to dismount when he begins to climb the most hazardous terrain in the entirety of Vestaria.

Never forget. Never forget Verula...

Btw, do you know about the epilogue scene between Garlan and Zade that requires both Theodel and Accorte to be dead?

It's still the only time in the games where it's explained how Zech and Athol ended up being eloped. What with both Athol and Garlan making it quite clear he didn't love her. And with the way everyone treats him as such a pure and honest soul, it seems out of character that he would jump at the chance to marry someone who is like half his age just to get a shot at the Meledian throne.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Btw, do you know about the epilogue scene between Garlan and Zade that requires both Theodel and Accorte to be dead?

It's still the only time in the games where it's explained how Zech and Athol ended up being eloped. What with both Athol and Garlan making it quite clear he didn't love her. And with the way everyone treats him as such a pure and honest soul, it seems out of character that he would jump at the chance to marry someone who is like half his age just to get a shot at the Meledian throne.

I didn't, no. Actually, might be worth checking out over the regular prologue again. One sec, off to commit horrid murder.

AHAHAHAHA, oh yeah I'd forgotten. The game does try to explain why King Naccara would let his daughter keep a slave. It was to save Tallan! Of course. You know how he feels about slavery. That's a direct line Garlan says, and Garlan is never wrong.

...Then why did you let your demon of a daughter have him fucking whipped, man!?