Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

12 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

3HoMRxL.jpg

Hi there

Vander needing RR to be good.

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thracian healers missing is one of the most overblown things people complain about in that game.

I understand that after a certain point, it stops mattering.

But it shouldn't have been a thing at all to begin with.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I understand that after a certain point, it stops mattering.

even early on it doesn't matter that much due to Vulns healing all HP

Also missing staves can be used to farm exp

I do agree that it shouldn't be a thing, but it's not really a big issue and part of Thracia's chaotic charm

I've noticed there's a Zone of the Enders game in Steam... put The Fist of Mars in there too, you cowards!

Okay, time for the Cave of Tides...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

*Laughs in SRW Bullseye*

Using that on a healer would be... weird.😆 Guts is where it's at anyhow. I don't use it as much as I should, but a nice bulky super having total self-restoration like once or thrice per battle if they need it is cool.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I do agree that it shouldn't be a thing, but it's not really a big issue and part of Thracia's chaotic charm

I get why they got rid of double-heals (which apparently peaked at a 30% activation rate), but if we're going to get a touch of randomness in healing, I'd much rather have that. Or a weaker, earlier version of Fortify that does a random number of single-target heals within the potential area of effect.

-One thing I'd like to see FE have in the healing side of things, is the concept of "overheal". Meaning- a special skill that allows units to be healed above their maximum HP, for like one turn and then the surplus HP goes away. A cap being placed on how high overheal can go, so like no more than 150% of the unit's max HP value, so a 20 HP unit could get no more than 10 temporary bonus HP. It wouldn't be quite the same as stacking extra Def, this would be more of an airbag that could make a huge single hit survivable when it wouldn't otherwise be.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Using that on a healer would be... weird.😆 Guts is where it's at anyhow. I don't use it as much as I should, but a nice bulky super having total self-restoration like once or thrice per battle if they need it is cool.

Of course, if the unit can fight well as well as heal...

SRW T Gespenst is quite versatile on that front. Though yeah, all the healing Spirit Commands, combined with the SP Regen of the newer games, means you can be more liberal on your healing needs. Still, having a Repair unit with the Repair/Maintenance skill ain't a bad thing to have as a just in case.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I get why they got rid of double-heals (which apparently peaked at a 30% activation rate), but if we're going to get a touch of randomness in healing, I'd much rather have that. Or a weaker, earlier version of Fortify that does a random number of single-target heals within the potential area of effect.

-One thing I'd like to see FE have in the healing side of things, is the concept of "overheal". Meaning- a special skill that allows units to be healed above their maximum HP, for like one turn and then the surplus HP goes away. A cap being placed on how high overheal can go, so like no more than 150% of the unit's max HP value, so a 20 HP unit could get no more than 10 temporary bonus HP. It wouldn't be quite the same as stacking extra Def, this would be more of an airbag that could make a huge single hit survivable when it wouldn't otherwise be.

Reminds me how "increase max HP" skills is a common ability to find in Another Eden. They don't last only for a turn, though.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright, time to fight the Kraken!

Okay, another first try boss. Had to mostly use my Scholar and Zeus Wrath's. And now more jobs! I'm aware of what awaits me in the future, so I'm switching someone to a Dragoon.

Also... RIP Aria. Sheesh, I think Desch was the only one guest party member so far to be used for a considerable number of time...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW T Gespenst is quite versatile on that front. Though yeah, all the healing Spirit Commands, combined with the SP Regen of the newer games, means you can be more liberal on your healing needs. Still, having a Repair unit with the Repair/Maintenance skill ain't a bad thing to have as a just in case.

There seems to be a bit of irony. SP Regenerate/Recovery was the go-to skill (well, not really if you think about it, b/c SRW battles don't actually have to last that long, but infinite SP sounds powerful) in the OG games when it wasn't all that buyable if at all in mainline. Yet, since SP Regen and Attacker (who doesn't go crazy for an easy damage boost?) were the blazingly obvious choices spend PP on, starting with 2nd OG, these two skills were taken out of the shops, while it seems mainline gained them later on.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reminds me how "increase max HP" skills is a common ability to find in Another Eden. They don't last only for a turn, though.

Passive HP boosts are something a little different. The idea of overheal exists, I'd say more to fix the "excessiveness" of healers with "excessive" healing, by giving the excess a purpose.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also... RIP Aria. Sheesh, I think Desch was the only one guest party member so far to be used for a considerable number of time...

Which is why the devs opted for having them provide random assists in battle, instead of making the guests actually playable fifth party members as they had considered. (Even if playable temps had been done in FFII and IV long before IIIDS.)

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

so I'm switching someone to a Dragoon.

I think I abruptly made everyone a Dragoon before that boss? I think that worked out.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There seems to be a bit of irony. SP Regenerate/Recovery was the go-to skill (well, not really if you think about it, b/c SRW battles don't actually have to last that long, but infinite SP sounds powerful) in the OG games when it wasn't all that buyable if at all in mainline. Yet, since SP Regen and Attacker (who doesn't go crazy for an easy damage boost?) were the blazingly obvious choices spend PP on, starting with 2nd OG, these two skills were taken out of the shops, while it seems mainline gained them later on.

Oh, that's so true. Even looking up on SRW V, I already saw how a thing or two were nerfed for X, then some further nerfs happened for T. It happens.

Passive HP boosts are something a little different. The idea of overheal exists, I'd say more to fix the "excessiveness" of healers with "excessive" healing, by giving the excess a purpose.

It's certainly not a bad idea.

Which is why the devs opted for having them provide random assists in battle, instead of making the guests actually playable fifth party members as they had considered. (Even if playable temps had been done in FFII and IV long before IIIDS.)

Random indeed! Better than nothing, but still...

I think I abruptly made everyone a Dragoon before that boss? I think that worked out.

I only know it doesn't work as effective in the 3D version than the 2D one, but yeah. At least one Geomancer could be ideal too since their wind elemental attack is the one that tends to pop up more often... and there's always lucking out with Shadowflare.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, Goldor was defeated on second try. First attempt was going so well until he cast Confuse and hit the entire party...

Second try he cast spells more often, unfortunately including Protect but fortunately not Thundara. Still got half the party under Confuse, but I managed.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J130.png

I will never forgive this game if they make the generic blond hunk on the right the recruitable one instead of the lad with the sick hat on the left

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J135.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J136.png

"Suicide is badass!" -Green units probably

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J139.png

I do like how this game has significant moments of retreat and regroup.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J140.png

We can never have nice things...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J141.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J142.png

FfuF2-MaMAA1kN_.jpg?ex=65b20f24&is=659f9a24&hm=b7239321a4a991bce7dfe5372d95c15de6b119607610d5e41947de5cd86bce24&

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J143.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J144.png

I didn't even get a choice in that. Guy just robbed me blind

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J145.png

Boss design 101

If your boss has skills like this its probably a bad boss

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J146.png

Especially if it can casually dodge a 90 like that

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J147.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J148.png

This feels like less of a "I'm jealous of your dad"  thing and more of a "You literally have the fucking prince heir to the currently vacant throne of our fucking enemies so therefore is by jure, the current ruler. Why in all the fucking gods' names have you been playing pattycake with him and his aunt for the past several months."

On 1/9/2024 at 6:37 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Or any Paradox player.

Unless you can't. *shakes fist at Victoria 2 only letting you take one "state" per added War Goal, and you can't take the capital until the next war when it's the only state left*

No blobbing is a welcome change with the Victoria games if you ask me

On 1/9/2024 at 6:37 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Pawn Shop. That's how you trade items, pretty much.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:56 PM, Armagon said:

Pawn it and have someone else buy it back.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:28 PM, BrightBow said:

You can sell it to the Pawn Shop, then have another character buy it.

On 1/9/2024 at 10:13 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

You sell it in pawn shop, or keep it strategically as inheritance you otherwise couldn't give to your child (as you can only buy weapons you can use...)

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sell it to the store, then buy it back with a unit that can actually use it.

On 1/9/2024 at 7:39 PM, Armagon said:

GDbU4L8XEAA7wWj?format=jpg&name=medium

Joe Biden has the opportunity to do the funniest thing ever and i'm totally not the first person to make this joke.

"Will you be a dictator, Trump?"
"No, expect on day 1"

You know its been amazing with Colorado and Maine ban Trump from the primaries and the seeing the reaction from some republicans all like "This proves the true agenda of the democrats, the mask is finally off but we always knew!"

Suppose it takes one to know one, huh?

On 1/9/2024 at 10:13 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oh you have not gotten around to playing Crusader Kings yet, and known the hassle of ambitious vassals, or being that ambitious vassal, knowing your incompetent king is the biggest hurdle to you running a country of your own. Also he does say he is raiding the king's property, and if the king is controlling lands that by all rights should be yours, raid away, and show everyone why you should be the one in control of it, considering the king is too busy with other affairs to properly defend it

Give me a Fire Emblem game about that.

Wait

20 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey I don't know if you're still in contact with Blindcoco?

Please tell them the pistol healer was genius. I need them to know the pistol healer was genius.

Screenshot_2024-01-11_000408.png?ex=65b2

This was their response

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looking at the map, I do like how Agustria has a great big forest in the middle. Why is the country a donut with a tree-filled center? What does it say about the land and climate? Or about human development of Agustria's landscape?

I did hear that the Netherlands has the Groene Hart (Green Heart), a large (for the tiny Netherlands) rural area of farms and rolling grasslands/wetlands, encircled on all sides by major Dutch cities. It's not forest, and it'd be better if it was polders, but it's a quaint peculiarity nonetheless.

Still going through bronze age development. Judgral went through a very literal period of divine right of kings and they've been riding that wave ever since without actually developing anything

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like the idea of personal funds for everyone. But how to make it good in practice? Not sure. It clashes with FE putting you in charge of an army and commanding a war treasury, you aren't the individual soldiers.

What would a soldier do with their personal salary? Extra food/drink? Extra weapons/armor? Gamble? Hookers? Remittances sent home? It'd feel kinda weird even as the invisible player's hand directing soldiers to buy this stuff, not "natural" in FE as we know it. If you could give out treasury funds as "bonuses" atop the unseen salary paid to the soldiers, which the soldiers randomly spend (probabilities weighted according to their personal inclinations) for various benefits, then maybe that'd work? Eh, still feels off to me. Berwicenaries are still the best implementation of "soldiers having their own finances", even though we don't get to see into their wallets/how it's spent.

They should do Miitopia rules. Give various amount of funds to soldiers when they ask for it and its a roll of the dice what they decided to get.

56 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J135.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J136.png

"Suicide is badass!" -Green units probably

Ah the great green lemmings do their thing. A bit of a shame, as them living gets you a trinket at the end of the chapter, but its enough of a pain that its rarely worth bothering with, and in practice basically means you are hiding Lachesis somewhere far in the back where she can't get any experience, which is a bit of a downside as she has one of the strongest promotions in the franchise, if you can get her the experience to reach it.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J139.png

I do like how this game has significant moments of retreat and regroup.

Its one of those things that the large maps end up facilitating, and a bit of why I like them.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J141.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J142.png

FfuF2-MaMAA1kN_.jpg?ex=65b20f24&is=659f9a24&hm=b7239321a4a991bce7dfe5372d95c15de6b119607610d5e41947de5cd86bce24&

In a surprise to nobody, the manga ran with this line all the way into a painful incest hell.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J143.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J144.png

I didn't even get a choice in that. Guy just robbed me blind

A least you got a new recruit out of it.

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you could give out treasury funds as "bonuses" atop the unseen salary paid to the soldiers,

In a sense not so unseen in FE4, as they get a salary based on the number of blue castles you control at the end of every map...

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

It wasn't me this time, I'm innocent.

I'm watching you, Armagon. Thin fucking ice.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Drake_5.gif?ex=65b1b8be&is=659f43be&hm=2

These memes are always so funny but I have to "uh, ackshually" the shit out of them because staves missing is pretty much only ever relevant for Tina. As it should be, because her staves are broken.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

3HoMRxL.jpg

Hi there

Vandad Good

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ced might not be on the level of August Drias and Saias, but you are selling him fairly short there.

Okay, fair. Still gonna pick Saias every time and so should the lot of you. It has the added benefit of getting to see the funny "funnyman loses his tome" scene!

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Vander needing RR to be good.

Sorry can't hear you over the sound of Vandad killing the final boss.

3 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J130.png

I will never forgive this game if they make the generic blond hunk on the right the recruitable one instead of the lad with the sick hat on the left

Well...

Yeah, now that you've mentioned it, he does look way cooler than boring-ass Beowulf overthere. Not that FE4 has that many memorable designs on the playable roster, anyway. It's basically just the armor knights that are memorable and the rest are generic conventionally attractive fellas with stupid hair lol

Boss design 101

Get used to it. FE4 is a game with flaws.

Incidentally, this is one of three bosses in the entire game to get an exclusive portrait. This does not include the very plot-important dude you'll meet next chapter, because Kaga is a very strange man.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J147.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J148.png

This feels like less of a "I'm jealous of your dad"  thing and more of a "You literally have the fucking prince heir to the currently vacant throne of our fucking enemies so therefore is by jure, the current ruler. Why in all the fucking gods' names have you been playing pattycake with him and his aunt for the past several months."

Because...

...Sigurd is not a very bright man. But don't worry, he's a handsome blue-bloodedhaired man, therefore he's good, it's the ugly nobles that are bad.

I like how you quoted everyone getting on your case for the pawn shop and then proceeded to give us the silent treatment.

Power move, Quetz.

Screenshot_2024-01-11_000408.png?ex=65b2

This was their response

I want her to shoot me in the leg and then step on my face. Or the other way around. The other way around's good too.

Sorry I got hacked, what were we talking about?

Boss design 101

Any HP draining weapon ignores the Big Shield skill, it simply cant activate when they are used. Take advantage of that. Xd

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

"Will you be a dictator, Trump?"
"No, expect on day 1"

You know its been amazing with Colorado and Maine ban Trump from the primaries and the seeing the reaction from some republicans all like "This proves the true agenda of the democrats, the mask is finally off but we always knew!"

Suppose it takes one to know one, huh?

I mean, is it really amazing at this point?

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project

It ain't the GOP for nothing.

In the manga, she outright wants to have sex with him. Eldigan declines tho.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

In a surprise to nobody, the manga ran with this line all the way into a painful incest hell.

To be fair, Eldigan's like "no this is wrong", which i'm sure is contrary to Kaga's wishes.

Boss design 101

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Get used to it. FE4 is a game with flaws.

I mean, for all intents and purposes Shannan is pretty much Sigurd's "POW". Why is Grannvale upset on that when he's pretty much in their custody already? Unless they plan to kill him as they did his father and grandfather...

So it's likely more of a, "Damn that Sigurd, not letting us kill the kid... so let's go all GOP on him!"

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

In the manga, she outright wants to have sex with him. Eldigan declines tho.

To be fair, Eldigan's like "no this is wrong", which i'm sure is contrary to Kaga's wishes.

And for the record, only one of the, like, three different manga adaptations the game has. The other two does not have this.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Arted again. This time, the most important characters in Fates.

IMG_20240111_162741.jpg?ex=65b2805e&is=6

Mature woman

Boots

Gunter Bad

And best boy, naturally.

47 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's the most popular of the 3, the longest running one and pretty much THE FE4 manga

Leans heavy into Seliph/Julia as well

The ship that, let's not forget, wasn't even intended. Jealousy is a bug lol or maybe it was caught during development and Kaga said "no wait let it cook"

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-01-11-11-44-43-61_b72a20

💀

Imagine thinking Thracia is "insane" when Berwick Saga and Vestaria Saga 2 exist.

Fire Emblem fans will not survive the winter.

Managed to break my nonsensical indecision and hesitancy on gaming this morning with the resumption of Dynasty Warriors 8.

I had left off at Red Cliffs/Chibi, and did that one a few days ago (Huang Gai swinging a boat around was different). Yesterday (I think) I did the unexpected (new?) followup battle in Jing that's basically a prelude to Fan Castle many years later. Curiously said battle let me use Zhou Yu (surprised me he hadn't died yet), which was nice because I like his staff moveset and I hadn't actually used him yet; his immediate post-battle death by illness becoming a death by arrow allergy was kinda typical of Koei. Continued on today and ended things at Yiling. Always rotating my chosen character, Gan Ning and Lu Xun attack a little too fast for me, while Ling Tong and Lu Meng were slow. Fan Castle was a slaughter for me, almost lost, which is a little odd when you'd expect backstabbing with an allied army in the fray would give you a serious advantage. Laptop was approaching empty, so I couldn't finish the Wu storyline at the Battle of Shiting just yet.

As mindless fun with cheesily-delivered dialogue as it is, I still do love the feel of battlefield Musou has. Of the orderly planned military operations and that lead into chaos as they put into effect, going on across the map as you clobber along.

-Thing is though that I can't overplay Musou or else it starts losing that feel and becomes more of a chore. So I wouldn't start the Shu storyline for a day or three after. Still need to thaw out and play something else.