Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

In FE6, Zephiel's tantrum against humanity is not that much different from a cult's

Zephiel did plan on killing himself when all was said and done though. Unlike Manfroy, Jedah or Gwen Nachos, he wasn't under some delusion of grandeur.

Anankos is a cult himself with the whole curse bs xD

True. He's actually kinda a mix because he does like, intensify the conflict but Hoshido and Nohr always had troubles between each other to begin with.

Honestly, i do think she's one of the few must haves in a FE4 remake, along Saias, Salem and (maybe) Olwen.

Might have to include Mareeta too, given her connection to Brigid/Evyel. Who i imagine would also show up since Thracia confirmed she survived (it wasn't stated in FE4 i think).

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

y6IRUqE.jpg

We are in GV1 LESSGOOOOOO

8rqGpad.jpg

Hi there, it's been 2 games

2jbnYLK.jpg

The OG FInal boss, after all!

0dKBQeY.jpg

Oh no

Oh no no no no

xGCO4hD.jpg

<.<

>.>

The writing in this game man

7ecJIqv.jpg

There was no better plan

ZFGjqZ0.jpg

I want old GV back, and not mr. "let's talk it over with mass mind washing dude" <.<

SKBQ509.jpg

Lul

mGCrzh5.jpg

He did to save them, because they may have called him a terrorist...

but GV was a hero

7256w53.jpg

LET'S GO

GnonGCS.jpg

Hey, that's not your catchphrase!

508IUj6.jpg

Neither is this your attack!

-few tries to get anthem activation later-

tnOWWox.jpg

Old dad, the true final boss!

Kirin as a queen...worldwide theocracy?

2uK0103.jpg

Ya know, ruling the world and stuff

And lol bodybuilder with a rocket launcher

LURUEUY.jpg

You tell him!

IPTnFoX.jpg

Come at me, Court jester!

UChbAE1.jpg

Because don't wanna, now scram!

ekTTGIS.jpg

Even a king will have to fight!

sZ0JaaI.jpg

Tell him, GV!

3FSlbp6.jpg

Now that's the old GV talking!

MORE OF THAT!

Qh2LUop.jpg

WE WILL STOP YOU, JUST LIKE WE DID 2 GAMES AGO!

LcO4Tev.jpg

It doesn't one shot anymore

5LWSXTr.jpg

NTR'ing your own son, smh

Ezak7Rn.jpg

Daga Kotowaru!

UAEgsMH.jpg

I can feel the emotions through the screen!

qgENbEl.jpg
ji4j2hx.jpg

OVERSURGE, AZURE STRIKER!

sqHWRpG.jpg

You know what...

MEOczcu.jpg

For old time's sake - GV, you're up!

uq19naR.jpg
kYOxzhi.jpg

The ost is aptly named: Lightning crashes/The Collision of Thunderstorms

vfipWfZ.jpg

NO YOU WON'T!

7VBmPuR.jpg

The attack that brought me so much pain in GV1...i will use it to end you here!

iH3ntld.jpg

o7

2o9BZtk.jpg

A dead man's dream...

40GdVoC.jpgG

Sadly, taking care of GV is hard....

A1YCifk.jpg

the classic Good Luck!

That was fun

But why is the best writing in this game and the only really good one in an optional boss fight?

Even if Asimov seemed a bit meaner than usual.

But it honestly feels like the only piece of writing since the first game that actually followed the first game's spirit?

Still gotta do the booses again, maybe on hard mode, and if i can, unlock GV D-nizer mode and make him face them

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Really? I don't recall it being too bad to manage, at least on the remakes.

Too many units to control, and always lead to blocks crashing at each other

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Astarteyune

Interesting

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Hoshido and Nohr always had troubles between each other to begin with

do we even know how much of the troubles are Anankos made and how much aren't?

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

IntSys cults:

• Blazing Blade
  • Awakening
  • Three Houses
  • Engage

Total count: 4

The Black Fang wasn’t a cult.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5LWSXTr.jpg

NTR'ing your own son, smh

There are.....far darker implications of this.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

do we even know how much of the troubles are Anankos made and how much aren't?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are.....far darker implications of this

yeah ik

Especially when he said that he will remove everything that makes Kirin, Kirin.

I did feel like Asimov is here more fucked up than in GV1, but he was already pretty fucked up there tbh

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fates moment

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Interesting

That is the Japanese name for Ashera.

Astarte (in case Fate didn't teach you it) was an ancient Middle Eastern goddess. Despite starting with "As" in English like her, Astarte was not Asherah by another name. Although Astarte and Ishtar seem to have been the same deity in different languages/cultures/similar ancient Middle East religions.

-Although it seems at some point in time (we're talking the passing of a couple thousands of years), perhaps as one or both of the old faiths faded, Astarte and Asherah did blend together. And unless you're a specialized scholar, two ancient Middle East mother goddesses are going to seem very samey to a modern person. So conflating them nowadays isn't unusual, I get the localization change (even if it wasn't needed).

Asherah was the wife of El aka Baal (and all those other name variants), the Lord/Master god. Her name appears in the Old Testament a few times. I'm not entirely familiar with it, but there might even be references to Elohim having His Asherah, His divine consort. -If that's actually the case, it's probably a recorded vestige of when Judaism was just another El/Baal-oriented Semitic religion, before it -very distinctively for the time- said "We're MONOtheistic!" and declared the idea of there being any gods beside God, including a wife for Him, to be blasphemy.

So, Asherah better as the name for RD's final boss?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That is the Japanese name for Ashera.

huh

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Astarte was not Asherah by another name

yeah that's why i am surprised

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Zephiel did plan on killing himself when all was said and done though. Unlike Manfroy, Jedah or Gwen Nachos, he wasn't under some delusion of grandeur.

So, SuicideCult-kun?

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I did feel like Asimov is here more fucked up than in GV1, but he was already pretty fucked up there tbh

Asimov was personal. That's why despite GV's doubts about the others, this is the one guy he will refuse to show mercy.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Asimov was personal

so was kinda everyone. Not as much as Asimov, but he did everything to save Joule and help Adepts

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

his is the one guy he will refuse to show mercy.

No one in GV1 deserves to be shown Mercy

Except maybe timid!Elise, and she has 2 crazy selves.

Nova especially out of everyone (and GV here going "we should've talked it out" is really another ???? moment of the game). Remember all the human experimentation shit they pulled?

Speaking about human experimentation, even the "good" Sumeragi in GV3 still does it

https://www.reddit.com/r/shitpostemblem/s/Yjoj0WdmWP

This one popped off.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

so was kinda everyone. Not as much as Asimov, but he did everything to save Joule and help Adepts

But they didn't betray him like Asimov did. Asimov was his father figure and it turns out he was probably the worst genocidal maniac of them all.

Hell, iirc GV even gave Nova a chance to return Joule before things got messy.

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Speaking about human experimentation, even the "good" Sumeragi in GV3 still does it

I do remember the Zed line but I also don't know if he was joking or not. Idk Kirin and the Dragon Saviors seems like a very "out of character" thing for Sumeragi to have if they were still the baddies. Not that they didn't empty Adepts before but they never sended them out to actually help people.

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Kirin and the Dragon Saviors seems like a very "out of character" thing for Sumeragi to have if they were still the baddies.

Baddies still need to have their good side for the public - they are, after all, a Megacorpo

And well, the whole Moebius thing is pretty sus

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Baddies still need to have their good side for the public - they are, after all, a Megacorpo

Guess it really is just Stark Industries then. 

Bruh

A def level up screwed up my Vantage strats lmao

13/53 is less than 25%

15/53 is not

😂

Damn it Rosado

Good thing i cought it before i sent him right into a pack of Wyverns lmao

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Guess it really is just Stark Industries then. 

Well, let's see what they will do with GV4. Gimme Magical girl Mytyl frfr

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Bruh

A def level up screwed up my Vantage strats lmao

13/53 is less than 25%

15/53 is not

You take strategy very seriously.

Screen-Shot-2024-01-12-at-4-43-27-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2024-01-12-at-4-45-39-PM.png

I wasn't sure if I could access these photos from one of my magazines online, so I took pictures of two of the academic reconstruction images.

-Not sure if anyone here really cares, but I felt like sharing this projection of what the past was like when it was living.🤓

The city of Tadmur (or Tadmor) (now in central Syria), found in the written record going back as far as the second millennium BC. Later renamed Palmyra by the Romans in 64 BC, when they added the city to their empire, being so generous as to grant it autonomy. At its peak, Palmyra was home to a population of about 200,000.

Palmyra was a city that thrived on East-West trade in spices, silk and all the rest. In religion, the article described the relation between Palmyrene gods and mortals as being like the exchange of goods, according to surviving inscriptions. Honesty and shrewdness in business were true virtues, and defending the merchant caravans that were the lifeblood of Palmyra from bandits were acts of highest honor Anna likey?. Commerce and wealth also made Palmyrene religion and culture diverse, with Greco-Roman, Ancient Near East, and Persian influences.

Unfortunately, Queen Zenobia was the city's downfall. Her decision to rebel in 270 AD and declare herself Empress of the Palmyrene Empire two years later assured her a place in history, yet it brought an end to her capital's. Rome was still in the midst of the prolonged imperial succession issues known as the Crisis of the Third Century, which perhaps emboldened Zenobia, as did her late husband's military victory over the Sassanian Empire to the east. Yet Rome wasn't dead yet, it crushed Zenobia's revolt, and in the process destroyed Palmyra. It was later rebuilt, a lingering thin husk of its former self.

Doubly dismal, while modern archaeologists eventually discovered the once-great city's ruins....

palmyra-5.jpg3837972802_f10674a1e0_o.jpg

...When ISIS surged onto the scene, they reduced Palmyra's remains to nothing in 2015. The temple and theatre above were both subjected to explosives.🙁

So I hadn't played this game in almost a year. I never tried out the last update's stuff so I'm doing that now.

20240113000206_1.jpg?ex=65b43a1c&is=65a1

This is a weapon in Rogue Legacy 2.

Amazing.

I'm putting Suikoden 2 on hold because I don't think I'm currently in high enough spirits to endure absolute boredom indefinitely

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hope it was fun doing this!😃

It was, though some of the first-game-quirkiness took some getting used to. I'm glad that I finally got to finish every mainline Pikmin game maybe I'll play Hey! Pikmin someday. I know you have Pikmin experience but I don't recall if you played or finished the first game.

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soooo let Kojima come up with the "high priests"? Flying flamethrower cosmonaut but in dark robes works for me.

Right, you'll be fighting the main villain and they'll say "You S-supported Edelgard in Three Houses, didn't you?"

19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

But they just did that with Engage's Four Hounds

Basically, but there should be more of them and they should be able to (theoretically) solo your army.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

.....funnily enough, Kaga has done more stories with evil cults relatively speaking.

Kaga cults:

• Gaiden
  • FE4
  • Thracia
  • TRS
  • Berwick
  • VS1
  • VS2

Total: 7

IntSys cults:

• Blazing Blade
  • Awakening
  • Three Houses
  • Engage

Total count: 4

Give a half point to Radiant Dawn if you want to count Ashera's Order in Part 4.

Do the Black Fang and those who slither count as cults if they don't worship anything? Or maybe "cult" is just a shorthand for "mysterious villain organization" in FE terms.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

I've reached the part i was at before before i reset my Ryza 3 run

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly? Legit cool idea. Let's just have Bad Guys Emblem.

More moral ambiguity discourse seems kind of risky after we got Conquest and Crimson Flower. And we would get even more Kaga jokes, depending on who gets kidnapped.

Edited by Lightchao42

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When ISIS surged onto the scene, they reduced Palmyra's remains to nothing in 2015. The temple and theatre above were both subjected to explosives

Almost makes you wonder what there's anything that they wouldn't destroy, in a way

On 1/8/2024 at 6:15 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha, well, I really think it's not how it works in TS. Do try it and let me know, though!

Looks like you’re at least partially right, from what I’ve seen so far

Frederica’s Tome of Fire only hits the target. Geela’s cure wounds also only hits the target  

Frederica’s Scorch is a different animal though. That one shows 5 squares in a cross pattern as the target area like in Final Fantasy Tactics

Now I’m up to first decision with the Scales. This should be interesting if some if the conversation decisions I made so far play into it

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J149.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J150.png

Rushing to the other end of the map is always my favorite part of any grand strategy game

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Doubly dismal, while modern archaeologists eventually discovered the once-great city's ruins....

palmyra-5.jpg3837972802_f10674a1e0_o.jpg

...When ISIS surged onto the scene, they reduced Palmyra's remains to nothing in 2015. The temple and theatre above were both subjected to explosives.🙁

It is with remarkable coincidence that I find this post right after rewatching this video. Which happens to mention this exact event.

2 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Almost makes you wonder what there's anything that they wouldn't destroy, in a way

A religious fundamentalist group like Isis definitely isn't keen on keeping around Pagan artifacts. Though fun fact they did sell a good amount of them because as it turns out, destroying stuff isn't very profitable.

9 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The Black Fang wasn’t a cult.

No, but if Kenneth is any indication, a Nergal Cult was quite on its way to be stablished.