Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Haaa, maybe I shouldn't have gone yet to the Saronia Catacombs. Well, raided the place at least... but I'm definitely not fighting Odin for now.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, also went to the Sunken Cave. Nice collection of stuff, even if I can only use so much due to my party set-up.

Now on towards the... Temple of Time, eh.

I find it hilarious that every claw I've found I've never need to equip since my Monk's Job Level is so high, its raw Attack unarmed is much higher. Well, the special effects of some claws are still useful, but in matters of DPS...

Alright! The Invincible's mine!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, I got all Four Fangs. I think I'm gonna stop for tonight and resume... maybe tomorrow.

Wow, my Thief is almost at max Job Level. Don't know if I could already get the Mastery Items, but I guess I can find out shortly.

My team is already quite solid. My Dragoon with the Blood Lance is practically self-sufficient, seldom needing healing. My Knight with the Defender can ensure to keep everyone protected. My Thief keeps amassing a steady supply of Hi-Potions. And my Monk is hitting quite hard to be my main damage dealer (unless its a flying enemy then my Dragoon wrecks them), thanks to its high Job Level. Yeah, I've spent almost the whole run without magic outside when needed. Considering the Spell Charges mechanic, I feel safer just either using physical attacks or relying on cost-free magic, like Geomancer's Terrain or the Staff/Rod items.

Sheesh, the gap between the Water and Earth Crystals sure is looooong. I wonder if I can switch Classes again once I gain the last Jobs. I was thinking my Monk to Black Belt, but I wonder if it's worth resetting back to Job Level 1. Hmm... well, I can always grind job levels at Altair Cave.

Ah, this is a fun ride overall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No, but if Kenneth is any indication, a Nergal Cult was quite on its way to be stablished.

Still doesn’t make the Black Fang a cult.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Doubly dismal, while modern archaeologists eventually discovered the once-great city's ruins....

palmyra-5.jpg3837972802_f10674a1e0_o.jpg

...When ISIS surged onto the scene, they reduced Palmyra's remains to nothing in 2015. The temple and theatre above were both subjected to explosives.🙁

Ahhh, humanity. Gotta love us. Who needs enemies when we got us?

11 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

More moral ambiguity discourse seems kind of risky after we got Conquest and Crimson Flower. And we would get even more Kaga jokes, depending on who gets kidnapped.

No, no moral ambiguity. We're just the bad guys, and that's it.

10 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Looks like you’re at least partially right, from what I’ve seen so far

Frederica’s Tome of Fire only hits the target. Geela’s cure wounds also only hits the target  

Frederica’s Scorch is a different animal though. That one shows 5 squares in a cross pattern as the target area like in Final Fantasy Tactics

Even the area spells only hit enemies though. The game is lenient like that.

...Of course, that also means enemy mages are a menace and you don't even get the consolation of them hitting their friends for massive damage. I don't know what difficulty you're playing on, but enemy mages are a huge issue. If you want my advice, prioritize killing them.

10 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Now I’m up to first decision with the Scales. This should be interesting if some if the conversation decisions I made so far play into it

Well... In a way? It's not as direct as "if I say this, I'm going to get that path" but it does influence it in one major way. If you want I can explain in more detail.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J149.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J150.png

Rushing to the other end of the map is always my favorite part of any grand strategy game

There's some gameplay-story integration there if you look hard enough, I'm sure.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

My take is that if the script is good it enough, the feeling will transcend the words because "Xenoblade 3 localization discourse" was not on my bingo tonight.

Foolish Armagon. There are only three constants in life: Death, taxes and localization discourse.

Clearly we need to go back to the good ol' days of translators getting payed in exposure, because typos, incomprehensible wording and one casual voice for the entire cast can be forgived a lot easier than these kinds of stuff. Oboy

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, maybe Manfroy was finally going senile...

You know... That's not such a bad theory. He already looks pretty old in gen 1, and then 20 years pass. My dude must've been pushing it in years.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There he is!

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Still doesn’t make the Black Fang a cult.

The Black Fang is the obligatory country that's being manipulated by the evil cult, Nergal and his entourage. Just, instead of a country, they're some kind of nonsense Robin-Hood-except-not-really assassins guild. But the concept is the same.

I can tell because in the game they shamelessly copied the Black Fang structure from, they were a country.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Even the area spells only hit enemies though. The game is lenient like that.

...Of course, that also means enemy mages are a menace and you don't even get the consolation of them hitting their friends for massive damage. I don't know what difficulty you're playing on, but enemy mages are a huge issue. If you want my advice, prioritize killing them.

Thanks for the tip 👍

I had my first run-in with a bunch of those in Hyzante last nite 

From experience, in Triangle Strategy, the enemy will typically not move in until the player does, taking advantage of that to get max TP is always nice.

I created unique colors for the casting incantion in CS:

4ddc4f999e28d45a18039a81a18be183.jpg

which meant i had to set this up JUST right. XD

aab4394f56bc2a5f6380ad349fc28f2d.png

And there are about... 30 or so of those? XD

54 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I created unique colors for the casting incantion in CS:

4ddc4f999e28d45a18039a81a18be183.jpg

which meant i had to set this up JUST right. XD

aab4394f56bc2a5f6380ad349fc28f2d.png

And there are about... 30 or so of those? XD

That looks cool. What’s that game?

On a different note, is anybody else terrified of computer updates? 🤔

Seems like my luck somebody will kick one out and then nothing works right anymore

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can tell because in the game they shamelessly copied the Black Fang structure from, they were a country.

I was gonna post my virgin Gwen Nachos vs chad Nergal but i was hosting it on Discord and the image no longer loads and i no longer have it saved on my stuff. So i'll let you off easy this time.

1 hour ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Thanks for the tip 👍

I had my first run-in with a bunch of those in Hyzante last nite 

It's kinda weird how there's a whole battle dedicated to establishing spell casters as a threat... in one route. Aesfrost gets a far more traditional map with physical enemies. Odd.

36 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

On a different note, is anybody else terrified of computer updates? 🤔

Seems like my luck somebody will kick one out and then nothing works right anymore

Microsoft does love to update Windows and make shit worse. Though for the most part, updates seem to just do nothing to me.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was gonna post my virgin Gwen Nachos vs chad Nergal but i was hosting it on Discord and the image no longer loads and i no longer have it saved on my stuff. So i'll let you off easy this time.

It was me, Armagon. I was the one who hacked into your disco to erase the meme.

20240113093858-1.jpg

Well this is different. 

Saving a few peasants at the Yellow Turban Rebellion lets Heaven's Will! Man be spared and appear as an ally at the Shu version of the Dong Zhuo battle. Should've gone further and created an alternative version of events where Mr. Crazy Daoist replaces Zhuge Liang as Liu Bei's top advisor.

I think the closest he has to anything close to leading role is one of the one-shot maps where he teams up with Zuo Ci.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Black Fang is the obligatory country that's being manipulated by the evil cult, Nergal and his entourage. Just, instead of a country, they're some kind of nonsense Robin-Hood-except-not-really assassins guild. But the concept is the same.

And it was at this point that Rubenio began to release that the cult existed in his mind, and now it’s time to pray to the evil one.

Alright, my Thief is maxed out! But apparently I need to reach Eureka to get the Mastery Item. Ah well.

Okay, now time to fight the Summons...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright, defeated Odin! Even managed to steal Gungnir. Would've been funny if he had dropped a second Gungnir, but ah well. And oh man! That Defender really saved me from an almost (had my Dragoon in the air) total party-kill from Zantetsuken. Nice.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's kinda weird how there's a whole battle dedicated to establishing spell casters as a threat... in one route. Aesfrost gets a far more traditional map with physical enemies. Odd.

Funny you mention that... because now it’s “Narve, the last disciple of the archmage Grandante” that it seems nobody ever heard of Lol 🤣

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Microsoft does love to update Windows and make shit worse. Though for the most part, updates seem to just do nothing to me.

That’s one reason why I’m tryin to keep the computer off the wifi as much as possible

Back, damn you BACK I say!! My shit works fine the way it is!! 🧐

11 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Funny you mention that... because now it’s “Narve, the last disciple of the archmage Grandante” that it seems nobody ever heard of Lol 🤣

Tertiary characters in Triangle Strategy are funky. They took the Fire Emblem approach of characters that are just sort of there in your army, and dialed it up to 11. It's not quite Shadow Dragon levels of "I'm just a face and a bunch of numbers" but characterization is fairly limited for them. They'll make up the majority of your army, though, and unit design is peak in this game, so don't hesitate to give a shot to all the ones you're able to get!

12 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

That’s one reason why I’m tryin to keep the computer off the wifi as much as possible

Back, damn you BACK I say!! My shit works fine the way it is!! 🧐

Nobody even knows what Windows updates do. They're supposed to be important, they tell you if you don't install them you're going to get the shit virused out of you, but then they don't really seem to do much? And when they do, it's for the worse. Meh...

0m8a5pt.jpg

I think I should pop my Golden Ages a bit more aggressively.

FDN2Czt.jpg

I should be disappointed that I didn't find this beatiful spot early enough to prevent Arabia from ruining my Petra dreams, but I can't be mad at a city of this caliber. Still, imagine...

t2XCXKP.jpg

The entire Incan realm. I still love how the snow-settled city is a genuinely great expansion.

yzK05Yy.jpg

It's not a good day to be Genghis. A nice demonstration of what happens to a warmonger civ if they can't find an early victim. Genghis even managed to fail three times at capturing a city state, with two of the attempts directed at a very close city with basically no defensible terrain.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

...Why did they lay off 17% of their staff, though?

Because it's more convenient than slashing their own salaries.