Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

22 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Screenshot_2024-01-16_215528.png?ex=65b9e0e2&is=65a76be2&hm=98bf28cdaa023fa830d5007e7468a38d9d0086c74cb7bccff94aa2d8b69626b4&Screenshot_2024-01-16_215434.png?ex=65b9e0ac&is=65a76bac&hm=2c6d70511736b2554b464b4d3c9f130f08094f1c96579ab015f41c3c996f7059&l0i7n6d72ez51.jpg?ex=65b69dff&is=65a428ff&hm=334886a4dd631ccd68ccbe6dcb71e5634a3e61c0cf4314c169da24c8f59e8964&

Girlhood is a spectrum.

I wasn't expecting "Lenin best girl" to be a conclusion I'd reach tonight.

What a weird night it has been. And I still cannot sleep. I finally managed to feel more comfortable, suddely there's wind and something is knocking somewhere in the house and making noise.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, the good old White Base. Only playable in early Classicverse, gets a small appearance/cameo in Alpha 1, and then never again... until GC/XO.

If Amuro was allowed to build a replica '78 in 30, Bright should've been allowed to -however briefly- command the White Base again.😛 Just say either he was doing a once-a-year "teach some freshly-enrolled prospective battleship crews using the famous old vessel" military academic obligation, or that he was forced to host a charity event aboard the now-museum'ed ship. -And then enemies attacked.

No, it looked different enough.

MS05B_Zaku_I_-_Front.jpg

By the time the OYW happens, the Zaku I was already largely phased out by the Zaku II. They were still used for behind the front-lines stuff like cargo transportation. Though by the end of the way, as Zeon was losing, they began to send everything that still worked, including the Zaku I's. I don't know if GC does this, so don't cross out the Zaku I just yet.

Thank you, as always, for the clarification!😀

After all, Huckey was based on the Gundam, and Grungy on Mazinger and Daitarn.

And the Duraxyl! Outright stated to be derived from looking at Gundam data, and it was forced to get a headpiece tweak in 2nd OG.

Does the Repair Module doesn't work on limbs? Would be weird if not.

I don't think so? I need to check again, though Guts and Trust doesn't heal them. It does me leave me a touch worried about the viability of Supers, if they keep getting their limbs crippled from not dodging.

Char's battleship did have a Repair Kit and used it after I blew up the Control, so those at least can fix them. I never use them, so maybe I'll be compelled to this time.

Not to mention, Giganos and Zeon were hostile in there.

That slipped my mind, though yeah, the change of whom Miss Stardust Traitor betrayed to.

Would a CCA Char think "Marshall Guiltorre only appears to be one of us, he really isn't. He believes the Earth is for the chosen few, when nobody of true wisdom would yearn for that planet of savagery"? Thus Neo Zeon shall break its alliance with him shortly before we get the drop underway, be prepared to fend off Giganos as you will the Federation. And how's that operation to hijack their Mobile Fortress coming along?

You know, this reminds me. I remember once thinking a reboot/reimagining of the Classicverse. A Classicverse+, if you will. One of my additions was adding Dragonar to the SRW 2 segment, precisely since a Zeon+Giganos alliance had potential. Definitely I was inspired by this game for sure, heh.

Wouldn't be a bad idea at all.😄 Go ahead and F SRW2, if that's what you want to do. F it good.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Outside of "New Spain", what's interesting about European colonization of the Americas is that Europe only cared about the coasts and the islands.

They were looking primarily for wealth, were they not?

With that in mind, the warm and wet conditions of Brazil and the Caribbean were great for Europeans. They craved sugar, and you can't grow cane sugar in Europe. The nearest source outside of a few islands (the Canaries which Spain conquered I think) was Arabian, namely Egypt as the Nile's bounty can't be overstated.

What did the mainland of North America have of high value? Tobacco? Furs? Okay the former was very popular, but this still wasn't a lot. 

Not to mention Europe to the Americas came by sea, of course they'd be settling the coasts first.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If Amuro was allowed to build a replica '78 in 30, Bright should've been allowed to -however briefly- command the White Base again.😛 Just say either he was doing a once-a-year "teach some freshly-enrolled prospective battleship crews using the famous old vessel" military academic obligation, or that he was forced to host a charity event aboard the now-museum'ed ship. -And then enemies attacked.

Heh, that's certainly an idea. I feel with SRW having DLC now, it'd be the perfect scenario for a DLC stage.

And the Duraxyl! Outright stated to be derived from looking at Gundam data, and it was forced to get a headpiece tweak in 2nd OG.

Ah yes, that too. It's funnier when in OGverse it's instead based on the Huckebein... so same difference. lol

I don't think so? I need to check again, though Guts and Trust doesn't heal them. It does me leave me a touch worried about the viability of Supers, if they keep getting their limbs crippled from not dodging.

Char's battleship did have a Repair Kit and used it after I blew up the Control, so those at least can fix them. I never use them, so maybe I'll be compelled to this time.

Hmm, then I guess you'll find out soon enough.

That slipped my mind, though yeah, the change of whom Miss Stardust Traitor betrayed to.

Would a CCA Char think "Marshall Guiltorre only appears to be one of us, he really isn't. He believes the Earth is for the chosen few, when nobody of true wisdom would yearn for that planet of savagery"? Thus Neo Zeon shall break its alliance with him shortly before we get the drop underway, be prepared to fend off Giganos as you will the Federation. And how's that operation to hijack their Mobile Fortress coming along?

It would certainly be an alliance of convenience at first, due to shared hostility with the Federation.

Wouldn't be a bad idea at all.😄 Go ahead and F SRW2, if that's what you want to do. F it good.

Admittedly, I long dropped the idea. Well, it's still there, gathering digital dust. Also alongside my Compact+ idea. Admittedly my current SRW focus is for my own more original fan idea. But perhaps one day I may revisit.

Speaking of Compact. I had forgotten, but Compact actually also uses the OYW. Though circumstances are quite a bit different (in that the Federation and Zeon first were allies against alien invaders before turning against each other once that was dealt with), and it gets cut short early in the game. So GC remains the only one using it from start to finish in a mostly unaltered form (as Alpha 1 you could say resumed the war with the Zabi and brings it to closure years after the OYW itself ended).

What did the mainland of North America have of high value? Tobacco? Furs? Okay the former was very popular, but this still wasn't a lot. 

Precious metals, I'd wager. At the very least, after Mesoamerica, the first settlements in Aridoamerica were mostly mining towns.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Having serious trouble sleeping.

Hate it when that happens

My sympathies, beardsaint.

I know very well gow that feels, since i am basically a vampire

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

swear this is racially motivated

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes it absolutely is racism.

No, it's not.

Before we go throwing racism accusations around at an anime poll, there multiple reasons Solm's Royalty are lacking in popularity:

* Come pretty late

* Out of all the royals, they are the most healthy and sane ones - that makes for less interesting characters

* Story wise, the conflict early on centers around Brodia & Elusia - there's a reason their characters are the most popular. Solm is relatively unharmed, because they are the smartest country on the continent lol

* No outstanding combat performance either - infact, their retainers outdo them quite hard

* They don't have much going for them either. Alear & Veyle are the leads and centers of the story, Alfred is a classic Shoujo Prince, Celine has alot of baggage, Brodia & Solm Royals have their conflict, their fathers zombiefied & alot going on in general. What do Solm get? Fun & Healthy characters ig

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Honestly, it feels like joining late should actually be helpful.

The longer you don't join, the more you can contribute to the story. Once you are recruited, you effectively cease to exist as an actual character.

Not the case in Engage, especially since others do get something later on - Solm Royals don't

And by late i should be more accurate and say "relatively late" - compared to the other popular options

Also Tiki is iconic

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

My sympathies, beardsaint.

I know very well gow that feels, since i am basically a vampire

I was able to sleep again later, so I'm decently fine now. Thank goodness.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No, it's not.

Before we go throwing racism accusations around at an anime poll, there multiple reasons Solm's Royalty are lacking in popularity:

* Come pretty late

* Out of all the royals, they are the most healthy and sane ones - that makes for less interesting characters

* Story wise, the conflict early on centers around Brodia & Elusia - there's a reason their characters are the most popular. Solm is relatively unharmed, because they are the smartest country on the continent lol

* No outstanding combat performance either - infact, their retainers outdo them quite hard

* They don't have much going for them either. Alear & Veyle are the leads and centers of the story, Alfred is a classic Shoujo Prince, Celine has alot of baggage, Brodia & Solm Royals have their conflict, their fathers zombiefied & alot going on in general. What do Solm get? Fun & Healthy characters ig

Chicken or the eggs? There's an argument to be made that the screwage of Solm, in itself, is racially motivated. Yeah, Timerra and Fogado come last, have zero real involvement in the plot, are mediocre units, have no real interesting depth to their characters and even their country's tiny, tiny alotted time in the story is hijacked by Hortensia. But this didn't pop out of thin air, it didn't have to be this way. They're not real people, they're fictional characters designed, written and created by real human beings. Real human beings who might've looked at the black royal characters designed by Mika Pikazo and gone "well that stinks, let's make them really irrelevant."

Of course, that is all speculation. Speculation that adds up considering all the factors (and to say Japan has a problem with racism and xenophobia is not racism against Japan, it's just a thing that is), but speculation nonetheless. And don't get me wrong - They, alongside Zelkov and Saphir, still are the best case of racial representation in the entire series! But when the competition is Fates's grey-skinned people, the gross caricature that is Devdan and a handful of tanned people, well...

There's still room for improvement, is all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also Tiki is iconic

Only because they keep pushing her. Neither Fae nor Myrrh are iconic even though Fae is the exact same character and Myrrh is just better. Probably because they didn't get put into Awakening with massive tits, in Heroes a hundred times, in Engage with the only non-Byleth fist proficiency...

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sometimes speaking multiple languages is a freaking curse.

I can't believe what i just read wtf. And no, it's nothing anime related, it's politics and racism <.<

Oh, dear.

Dare I ask?

Of course, I should've clarified (I was in a bit of a hurry to go get my shower lol) that that's all my opinion based on my limited perception of things and what people online who aren't white have to say on the matter. I don't want to come here and pretend to be the expert on racial issues. I can of course be mistaken or disagreed with.

...Aaaaaanyway, still unsure what I'm going to do with my CyL votes. I want to give Leiden a vote to keep him from losing again, but I also want to give Ivy a vote to help her win, but I also want to give Dorothy a vote for no particular reason beyond she's Dorothy... And I basically only have one vote for all of them, because the rest are taken. Hmm... Decisions, decisions. Pointless, because nobody I like is going to win, but hey. I have great stakes in the bottom of the barrel. I must keep my favorites from being last.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chicken or the eggs? There's an argument to be made that the screwage of Solm, in itself, is racially motivated. Yeah, Timerra and Fogado come last, have zero real involvement in the plot, are mediocre units, have no real interesting depth to their characters and even their country's tiny, tiny alotted time in the story is hijacked by Hortensia. But this didn't pop out of thin air, it didn't have to be this way. They're not real people, they're fictional characters designed, written and created by real human beings. Real human beings who might've looked at the black royal characters designed by Mika Pikazo and gone "well that stinks, let's make them really irrelevant."

Honestly, sounds like a reach. A big one, even if Japan has a racism problem yes, but dark skinned characters are usually not unpopular in anime related media. 

Heck, Dedue and Claude from 3H are pretty popular, even in jp. 

And let's not forget, despite their irrelevancy, they are a cool group with the least amount of problems, and seems like a legit cool & chill place to live in.

Probably because they didn't get put into Awakening with massive tits, in Heroes a hundred times, in Engage with the only non-Byleth fist proficiency...

You forgot she's the first. The OG. They always get special treatment

Oh, dear.

Dare I ask?

Read an article supporting our far right in a language whose group would be the first (or 2nd) target of the far right, just to hate on another group spesaing the same language. 

Full of misinformation, bullshit and stuff taked out of context. 

I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

that that's all my opinion based on my limited perception of things and what people online who aren't white have to say on the matter. I don't want to come here and pretend to be the expert on racial issues. I can of course be mistaken or disagreed with.

The problem i see with such discourse is the following: 

* Forcing american/new world views on a completely different culture. Even if the problem exists (and it does, i am not denying that), coming from an outside view with no context of said culture doesn't leave a positive impression. The whole world is not the US (or the west). This just makes it all worse and make it all seem like meddling.

* Massively overinflating the importance of media representation and conflicting what the creators make with their rl views. A very dangerous and quite frankly wrong assumption to make, especially in anime related media.

Heck, Dedue and Claude from 3H are pretty popular, even in jp. 

Yes, this I have to concede. But at that point I was talking about the developers, not the people. And if you look at these two... There's also arguments to be made? Dedue is the only one they had the guts to kill in the story of the only route where he's playable (which, regardless of his survival, turns him into an irrelevant post-timeskip) and Claude is a glorified secondary with a lot of the same problems the Solmians have. They are popular in spite of their issues, not because they didn't have issues.

Also I have to admit I completely forgot the two of them when recounting the pre-Engage racial representation because my mind just sort of blocks out anything Three Houses lol

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And let's not forget, despite their irrelevancy, they are a cool group with the least amount of problems, and seems like a legit cool & chill place to live in.   

This is fair. Well, there's an argument that characters with problems are more difficult to write but make for much more interesting characters, and they may not have wanted to bother with that for Solm. But at that point I'm truly stretching. The truth is that I just don't know. It feels looking at the game that they were far less invested in writing the Solmians than anyone else, but well, I'd have to ask the writers themselves.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You forgot she's the first. The OG. They always get special treatment

True enough. But tell that to Wrys lol he's the OG cute healer girl and yet it's always Lena this Lena that

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Read an article supporting our far right in a language whose group would be the first (or 2nd) target of the far right, just to hate on another group spesking the same language.  Full of misinformation, bullshit and stuff taked out of context.  I wanted to gouge my eyes out   

...Goodness.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

* Forcing american/new world views on a completely different culture. Even if the problem exists (and it does, i am not denying that), coming from an outside view with no context of said culture doesn't leave a positive impression. The whole world is not the US (or the west). This just makes it all worse and make it all seem like meddling.

* Massively overinflating the importance of media representation and conflicting what the creators make with their rl views. A very dangerous and quite frankly wrong assumption to make, especially in anime related media.

I mean... I'd argue media representation is really important. Only ever having cishet white men and women in media reinforces the idea that they are the "default" and that everyone else is a "rare anomaly."

And, yes, I'll argue that when, for example, Kaga writes a long, drawn-out scene where good guy protagonist Reese interrupts Tianna when she was about to make a point and prattles on about how the men have to fight in wars to protect the "women at home" and the game frames this as if he's correct (even though the point falls apart the moment you remember he has female soldiers in his army lol), it says something about Kaga's real views on women. You know, that and all the fetish scenes. He's a low hanging fruit, I know.

And racism is racism, I don't know what "context" can do to exonerate it. Or else I'd have to ask you what the context is for the likes of Saudi Arabia. Also it's funny you should bring up the US when if anything I'm more vocal about my issues with the US than Japan

But at this point I hesitate to believe I'm equipped to argue the point further. Racism is not something I have ever faced, being very white as I am. It's all I can do to try to relate and understand.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Only because they keep pushing her. Neither Fae nor Myrrh are iconic even though Fae is the exact same character and Myrrh is just better. Probably because they didn't get put into Awakening with massive tits, in Heroes a hundred times, in Engage with the only non-Byleth fist proficiency...

No. Tiki was insanely popular even before Awakening. At least in the circles IS cares about anyway. She probably had about as much porn as Shiida. Just in case you were wondering why Nowi is basically a nude clone of her. IS is rather transparent.

On a side note, really smooth of Warriors to make the only Akaneia characters Marth + the 2 girls with all the porn.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

She probably had about as much porn as Shiida. Just in case you were wondering why Nowi is basically a nude clone of her. IS is rather transparent.

e8bbde9d74941a3b2dbab30131aa1b5e.jpg

That's the face I made reading this line.

I mean, I should've seen it coming, but. For fuck's sake, people...

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

On a side note, really smooth of Warriors to make the only Akaneia characters Marth + the 2 girls with all the porn.

Hey that's not fair. They also had Minerva, Navarre and... Linde. For her feet.

Okay that's actually misinformation but apparently the actual thing they were talking about was her legs so that's not much better lol

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey that's not fair. They also had Minerva, Navarre and... Linde. For her feet.

Okay that's actually misinformation but apparently the actual thing they were talking about was her legs so that's not much better lol

"They"? You mean IS? Them publically talking about their foot fetish is something I can easily imagine. I mean, they also openly compared Camilla to a cow.
https://jokerthebutler.tumblr.com/post/134877774683/kusakihara-art-director-camillas-crown-is

Considering the stuff they are comfortable saying publicly, I don't even wanna know how they are behind closed doors.

In any case, if I were to try to put the Akaneia girls into categories based on how much porn they seem to have, the first category would be Shiida and Tiki. And the 2nd category would be solely occupied by Minerva and Linde.
So... not exactly surprised those two were DLC. Those 4 easily made for the vast majority of the porn out there.

The 3rd category would be Catria and Palla, with Catria comfortably ahead. The rest seems to get next to nothing. Est might technically get more, but only when she is part of the trio. But her sisters will also show up individually. So I feel like grouping her together with the remaining rabble makes the most sense.

Edited by BrightBow

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I agree with this. Claiming "race" is just a bit extreme. 

Claude is a glorified secondary

Boo

There's also Petra

ays something about Kaga's real views on women. You know, that and all the fetish scenes. He's a low hanging fruit, I know.

And that's why at most i just meme at "Kaga sexist" dicussions, as i massively disagree with this.

I will post a kinda relevant pic from a shoujo manga i was reading:

image.png?ex=65b3d25c&is=65a15d5c&hm=fc4

This kinda thought is quite common in jp and anime-related media, and their fans, and why they are fine with alot of the stuff in it.

don't know what "context" can do to exonerate it

Racism has different ways and forms, in the way it's practiced and perceived. It's not the same everywhere.

Or else I'd have to ask you what the context is for the likes of Saudi Arabia.

Funny enough i have a saudi friend who did tell me about it and the reasons/origins.

Tl;dr: Tribals

Racism is not something I have ever faced

I have - People like me always will, everywhere.

My friends, foreigners and different minorities allike, also have.

When the topic of media rep comes up most of us see it as:

a) Virtue signaling

b) distracting from real problems

c) straight up hypocrisy

Especially when we see people very loudly fighting for media rep while minority rights are getting obliterated everywhere, far right is rising and no one is honestly giving a damn, it makes us look at the whole thing as a waste of time for people to feel better about themselves and ignoring real problems.

Not to mention some act like they are entitled to representation, and demand it of writers/creators as if it is their god given right. There was the whole thing with Harada a while ago and that's honestly where i stand.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

And without horses or any other domesticated animals that could pull cargo, there wasn't much efficient trade that could be done when you got to a far enough distance. In the places there where bronze activity it would've taken years to transport a decent amount to a more temperate area, pray that it didn't rust on the journey there.

Those living among the Mississippi river systems might've been able to do something. They probably were. Oh, that reminds me

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

For the US in particular, the Mississippi has changed course countless times.

We actually built a mechanism or something to keep the Mississippi in place because the fear is New Orleans gets fucked if the river changes course and New Orleans is a very important city.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That aside... I really do hope Ivy can win this... maybe it's my bias speaking, but if she does, I hope she dons her Snow Queen outfit Though I guess it can be used too for an Ascended or Legendary or what-have-you.

She probably will.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

* Come pretty late

There are characters with less than that that are still popular. I'm mostly joking about the racism but sometimes it's uh 🤨

This is fair. Well, there's an argument that characters with problems are more difficult to write but make for much more interesting characters, and they may not have wanted to bother with that for Solm.

I think the contrast with Solm was intentional tbh. Serving as a foil to the other nations.

I'll respond to the other shit later.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Do fans really say "I like this character because they are broken."?

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm mostly joking about the racism but sometimes it's uh 🤨

*mostly* 

I don't know if "what a character has going for them" really matters. See RD Mia, she gets 2 scenes and is still ungodly popular, no storyline presence needed at all.

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Do fans really say "I like this character because they are broken."?

Yes

22 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are characters with less than that that are still popular.

In Engage? Most popular character (relative to other Engage charas anyway) do have more...aside from maybe Alfred (and he has Shoujo Prince power).

Series wide? Engage's cast is already super unpopular

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

See RD Mia, she gets 2 scenes and is still ungodly popular, no storyline presence needed at all.

Swordgirl go brrr

Yes

Swordgirl go brrr

Wow... I really don't know what to say to that.

That doesn't always apply, though. Lucia for example wasn't as fortunate as Mia, despite having more relevance in the story and being a Swordmaster. 

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Boo

They boo'd me because I was right

50 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There's also Petra

Yeah, Petra's fine I'd say.

51 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And that's why at most i just meme at "Kaga sexist" dicussions, as i massively disagree with this.

Well, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. We can only agree to disagree at this point.

52 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Funny enough i have a saudi friend who did tell me about it and the reasons/origins.

Tl;dr: Tribals

Well, fair enough. I'd say it's still an issue, but I suppose that's just my perception.

56 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I have - People like me always will, everywhere.

My friends, foreigners and different minorities allike, also have.

When the topic of media rep comes up most of us see it as:

a) Virtue signaling

b) distracting from real problems

c) straight up hypocrisy

Especially when we see people very loudly fighting for media rep while minority rights are getting obliterated everywhere, far right is rising and no one is honestly giving a damn, it makes us look at the whole thing as a waste of time for people to feel better about themselves and ignoring real problems.

I suppose I can see where you're coming from. I personally believe there is value in media representation of minorities and pushing for it, especially considering how the pushback against it has been an important entryway to far right rethoric for young people in recent years, but that's just what I believe, and mine is not the most relevant of opinions on this topic.

56 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Not to mention some act like they are entitled to representation, and demand it of writers/creators as if it is their god given right. There was the whole thing with Harada a while ago and that's honestly where i stand.

I don't know what you're referring to here. Might I ask you to elaborate?

48 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Those sorts of conversations always get taken too far.

Neither of us has raised our tone or thrown any insults around during our discussion. Unless to you "taken too far" means "literally just discussing a real life issue", in which case I don't know what to tell you, man.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think the contrast with Solm was intentional tbh. Serving as a foil to the other nations.

Yeah, like I said, I was stretching there.

On the subject of Solm, I would've find it so hilarious if something had actually backfired on them instead of the expectation of "can't seem to do wrong even with what their appearances/attitudes seem to display". Like, if during the time Hortensia infiltrated the castle, decides to snoop around... and indeed finds the Ike Ring in the doodad drawer.