Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, listen, it's extremely important that the bloodline survives. Can't you understand how special they are? They're royalty! Kaga would be very sad if you misconstrued this story into a tale about the failings of monarchy instead of understanding that the only problem is that King Bad. Just kill him and then Next King Good, and it'll all be okay.

Eh this is pretty standard fantasy fare.

But Iike how all of this is Chagall's fault anyways and Eldigan is like "uhhhhh well your a war criminal Sigurd so take that!"

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Eh this is pretty standard fantasy fare.

Yeah, I know, but hey! Just sayin'. Can't I say now?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But Iike how all of this is Chagall's fault anyways and Eldigan is like "uhhhhh well your a war criminal Sigurd so take that!"

Eldigan's a very smart man. To the game's credit, he is very much framed as such. I think.

Oh, Scenario 14 is composed of two maps. Only now is the title card showing up for the second one.

And now the Shangri-La crew shows up! Gundam ZZ is post-script... in fact, almost every UC Gundam series here is. Only Unicorn, and to a lesser extent Hathaway's Flash, have their plots happen here. Not to say the others have nothing to contribute, but their own events are long over at this point.

Considering ZZ missed out being in the Zverse, V would mark a long-needed return.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Eldigan's a very smart man. To the game's credit, he is very much framed as such. I think.

Hey now cut him some slack. There's something in Jugdral's water supply that makes most Jugdrali idiots, as will be revealed in Ch.3 through the rest of the game.

Boooo, Ange is a hair cutter.

Okay, it's route split time! Staying with Arzenal or return to Japan.

Arzenal: Gundam 00 - A wakening of the Trailblazer, Full Metal Panic!, and Cross Ange
Japan: UC Gundam (all of it, including Crossbone), Might Gaine, and Nadesico: The Prince of Darkness

The only relevant thing is the Might Gaine related secret, but it's a non-issue for me now.

Hmm... in that case, I'll go with Arzenal. T already made me familiar enough with Crossbone and Might Gaine, so Arzenal has the most new stuff to offer me. Also, I need to work on Sosuke getting 40 Score. There are secrets requiring Ruri and Judau to become Aces, but I can hold that off for a bit. More so since units in the other route split still gain some Score when the groups reunite.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Berwick_settings.png?ex=65bea0e0&is=65ac

Well, there we go. I have contributed to the cause of dunking on Three Houses fans.

What if it was a tie?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What if it was a tie?

Probably would've asked for a different number.

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Yes. I'm talking about you, Wraith. Now stop moping around and go play Berwick Saga so you can read a good fucking game story. I promise you will like it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Scenario 15 time. I don't even need to know about Cross Ange to know Tusk and Ange will hook up. Oh! Time for SEED Destiny appearance! SEED Destiny is fully post-script here. I'm guessing they still had license time hence why it's here. SEED pretty much is (was?) SRW's go-to Gundam series whenever UC Gundam didn't showed up. I think between its debut and V, SEED only missed out appearing in BX. X, T, and now 30 lacked SEED, so I guess it finally got some well earned rest.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes. I'm talking about you, Wraith. Now stop moping around and go play Berwick Saga so you can read a good fucking game story. I promise you will like it.

But I’m already reading the Dread Empire series and playing Legacy of Kain.

Et tu, Rubenio?

GCeTjNmXsAAw2LN?format=jpg&name=large

This showed on the TL and people going "Americans don't use A4 😮" conveniently ignoring the 12 other countries who also use US Format.

I didn't even know this was a thing, who the fuck gives a shit anyways?

In other news, I've finally been able to start this game I kept talking about. Its name is Radiata Stories, and it's a PS2 ARPG by the creators of Valkyrie Profile and others. It looks like it has some really interesting things going for it, enough to pique my interest and lead me to go to the trouble of pirating the HD pack lolololol

So anyway, after a nice anime title screen intro and an even nicer proper intro where Protagonist's Dad fights a double-headed dragon and shows off his power to change his eye color to Ominous Red, I am introduced to my protagonist.

JYJUSSAJ_o.png

This spirited man-in-the-making, Jack Russel. He's named after a dog. He's introduced as he forgets he was supposed to attend the knight selection trials and sleeps in. He also slept with his PJs backwards. He gets fencing lessons from his older sister and yet has the audacity, upon finding out his opponent at the trails is a short girl with pigtails, to go "what, a gurl!!!???!? And here I expected a real fight! Oh man, I suck at holding back."

Predictably enough, he gets his ass handed to him by the pigtailed girl in an unwinnable battle sequence. And I do mean unwinnable - I had to replay the intro after fiddling about with the memory card files, and on the second go around I discovered you can parry attacks for lower damage. This made me last long enough against her that she used a soul crush volty blow and wiped Jack off the planet. Damn.

Despite his loss, Jack is then inducted as a knight alongside her over the other contestants (one of whom actually won a fight) because of... nepotism! They recognized his surname and since Dad is a big deal, this really villain-looking man just had him let in.

None of this is why I'm playing this game, but the PJs thing was a fun touch. It wasn't pointed out or anything, the game just showed it with a camera shot from his back and let me draw my own conclusions. Subtlety! As important in humor as in drama. I haven't even gotten Japan's favorite gag, "you pervert" yet!

39 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Another thing to blame the Reagan Administration for. They're the ones who did it.

If there's a widely accepted international standard on anything, it's a good initial guess that the US doesn't follow it. It's a small wonder that they're driving on the right side of the road, really. But if Armagon's map is correct, Mexico bowed to the pressure coming from the north in that case.

45 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I didn't even know this was a thing, who the fuck gives a shit anyways?

I mean, call me an Alman, but these kinds of agreements are useful as soon as a good is traded internationally. Not very exciting, but useful. Or, in this case, if somebody living close to the border bought letter paper in Bavaria and envelopes in Austria, they'd be really annoyed if the letter paper was 5.9 mm too wide.

7 minutes ago, ping said:

If there's a widely accepted international standard on anything, it's a good initial guess that the US doesn't follow it. It's a small wonder that they're driving on the right side of the road, really. But if Armagon's map is correct, Mexico bowed to the pressure coming from the north in that case.

Officially we use both, but yes, it's more common US Letter over A4.

48 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Jack Russel.

This is the whitest name you could give a JRPG protagonist.

18 minutes ago, ping said:

But if Armagon's map is correct, Mexico bowed to the pressure coming from the north in that case.

Well they are our #1 trading partner.

19 minutes ago, ping said:

I mean, call me an Alman, but these kinds of agreements are useful as soon as a good is traded internationally. Not very exciting, but useful. Or, in this case, if somebody living close to the border bought letter paper in Bavaria and envelopes in Austria, they'd be really annoyed if the letter paper was 5.9 mm too wide.

I think in most cases it doesn't really matter tbh. Like yes NASA will use metric but the average person wouldn't mind regardless.

I also don't get the example because both locations use the same format. Someone in Bavaria buying paper will be buying the same format you can get in Austria.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I also don't get the example because both locations use the same format. Someone in Bavaria buying paper will be buying the same format you can get in Austria.

I think that's the point. It'd be annoying if the format was mismatched.

4 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

A typical Saturday night:

What’s on tap for tonight?

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A gun's hammer, I'm assuming?

No, at least not in the context of a joke anyway

You guys have trap shooting over there? There’s a range at a state park about a 1/2 hr from here where I shoot clays once in a while. If you ever make it to the eastern US, look me up. You can give it a try yourself 😎