Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

On 2/15/2024 at 6:01 AM, Armagon said:

Using the old fan-translated names in the year of our Lord current year.

Shrug, I have played something like 3-4 rather different translations of that game over the years (5 if you count the original Japanese, as I have had a bit of fun with my hard copy of it), there is no official translation of FE4, and the places FE4 character names have come up in modern times are not consistent. Plus these versions are one of the easiest to look up.

On 2/15/2024 at 6:11 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, is that ever said? Lewyn's uncles don't have Forseti blood, and they're said to be the late king's brothers. So then Rahna has the holy blood? Or is this just "IS was too lazy to program the usurper dukes gameplay-useless holy blood" or "holy blood inheritance is more random than the gameplay implementation would have you believe it to be"?

Holy blood inheritance is meant to be a bit more random than the gameplay indicates, how the holy blood of Dierdre's children end up is definitely one hint at that, the story of Hezul's youngest of something silly like 7 children being the one to inherit strong hoy blood is another hint at that...

On 2/15/2024 at 8:07 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, Dryas is ドリアス while Darius is ダリウス. Not exactly one kana off.

Ehhh...there is more than one way to skin a cat (for example are you using the extremely foreign ヴ to represent V sounds or just characters with B sounds...) and its important to remember that Japanese characters represent sounds not simply letters, such that I think the first is a lot closer to Darius than the second is (the u sounds are more of an oo sound like fool)

On 2/15/2024 at 9:07 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

...Actually, doing a quick search, the original Scathach from Irish mithology was a woman and mentor to the hero Ulster. So I guess they just figured since he's a guy and OG Scathach was a woman, they had to give him a male name and just chose to give him the completely different name of a related mithological figure? And then Heroes went "nope lol" and undid it. How fickle this whole thing is...

That is especially silly, as there are a lot of FE4 Mythological names applied to people of different genders from their mythological counterparts.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:02 AM, GuardianSing said:

Fire Emblem in general is reluctant to use queen or any other female gendered term for the very few female rulers it has. Celica and Elincia are the only ones I can think of at the top of my head with Celica fitting the description as more queen consort than anything.

I don't think FE has really gotten enough into the weeds enough to talk about a title as one given to a consort. Really that distinction that has kind of lost so much relevance in our times of irrelevant monarchs that it isn't something people generally think about.

On 2/15/2024 at 10:02 AM, GuardianSing said:

After all in real life the justification for patriarchal society was that God himself was a man and so only men could be godly. It's why you have father priests and popes but never mother priestesses and just sister nuns who are married to God.

That's honestly a big reason misogyny bugs me in these games because it's always in a world where it doesn't really make sense to exist as a prejudice, at least not in the same way.

I don't think religion has ever had a causal relationship with misogyny, at most it is an easy lie to point to for the lazy.

22 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(okay, so before medieval, but same-sex desires certainly existed even then, they simply weren't written down),

Its more that the consequences of such desires in medieval time were so dire that any writing about it are treated like lies, slander, or criminal evidence (even in modern day).

22 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire Emblem wants to have it both ways by having it so Gods are flawed characters with limited power but have the people look to them as though they are the sole authority and moral power. The way that Rhea talks about Sothis is not the same way that an ancient Greek priest would talk about Aphrodite if you get me.

You are definitely painting the religions in FE in far too wide a brush. Due to you playing one of Kaga's games right now, I will be a bit vague here, but Kaga tends to play it fairly straight with the polytheistic gods being powerful being in the world, or that once were part of the world, without much moralizing beyond the most malicious being seen as evil, and kindest as good, although most are rather aloof.

If you read through the more religious of FE6's supports, Elibe's Church of St. Elmine is a simple monotheistic faith, very like our modern day one with St. Elmine as the prophet of this perfect ideal god that isn't treated as a part of the world. The people of the Sacae also follow a far more animistic religion very vaguely reminiscent of Shintoism.

I have never cared enough about FE8 to figure out if it even had a religion.

Tellius is an interesting case, as the truth of the matter is more similar to the flawed character with only minor limitations on their powers, but because the goddesses have not been a part of the world for so long, a faith more similar to that of the moralist nature of monotheism falsely arisen. It is a bit of a theme on FE10 that the gods are flawed in spite of human's beliefs that have come to pass in their absence.

This is probably a fair critique of how Awakening handles things, but that is another game I do not feel strongly about.

Fates definitely doesn't have that sense of morality attached to its gods, we don't hear all that much about the dragon gods of old, or how they are usually worshiped (because Fates world building is hilariously bad) but it comes across far more similarly to the way you describe polytheistic faiths.

I will point out for Three Houses that it comes across to me as a bit of intentional propaganda from Rhea for her own purposes. How much that changes things is debatable, but I do feel it is a bit of interesting context to add.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ehhh...there is more than one way to skin a cat (for example are you using the extremely foreign ヴ to represent V sounds or just characters with B sounds...) and its important to remember that Japanese characters represent sounds not simply letters, such that I think the first is a lot closer to Darius than the second is (the u sounds are more of an oo sound like fool)

It depends which pronunciation of Darius you're using.

Even Warriors Darios is ダリオス, with the O kana, and Da instead of Do.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It's funny that Mario got arrested after being mistaken for a criminal doppelganger with "Shadow" in his name a year after the same thing happened to Sonic.

On 2/15/2024 at 4:44 PM, Armagon said:

Imagine going backwards.

Apparently it's because they were imitating Prussia. They would probably change the inheritance laws in the event that there are no potential male heirs, which almost happened before 2006.

19 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey, if it doesn't involve timing or mashing the button, it's good in my book.

So if fishing peaked in FC and it's all downhill from there... well, so be it.

Just wait until you get to Estelle's Big Fishing Adventure 3 in the next game, haha...

14 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Neither with me. I guess that being forced to fish with Big in Sonic Adventure to be able to finish the game, specially after...

(Spoiler for Big's final stage in Sonic adventure)

Reveal hidden contents

You're forced to fish for the fucking frog inside CHAOS 6!

absolutely killed every inch of interest I could possibly have in fishing in a videogame (which I'm sure would be very little anyway), ever, for the rest of my life.

My copy of Sonic Adventure DX no longer works, so sadly I cannot experience the wonders of Big (unless I get it on Steam). At least I still have Big's fishing minigame in Frontiers, and my copy of SA2B fortunately still works.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

endless now.png

If people predict a new console every year, they'll be right eventually. Personally, I predict that there will be a new Nintendo console by 2064.

Edited by Lightchao42

Playing Grimgrimoire demo atm

Defo reminds me of the RTS of yesteryear - brings back memories - even if the ones i played weren't 2D scrolling ones like this - thank god for fast forward feature tho

Also the academy is weird xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

12 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I don't think FE has really gotten enough into the weeds enough to talk about a title as one given to a consort. Really that distinction that has kind of lost so much relevance in our times of irrelevant monarchs that it isn't something people generally think about.

Regardless of the what the game chooses to call it, by action they imply a consort role.

14 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I don't think religion has ever had a causal relationship with misogyny.

It was never casual. They've been married for several centuries and have had 14 kids. Religion and Misogyny go hand in hand like butter and bread. What else do you expect from a religion in which one of the main female figures is forced to give birth to God's child. I know my way around religious texts and let me tell ya, they aren't complete without one absurdly sexist remark or tenet slapped in there somewhere.

And regardless, all of theological history disagrees with you on this point, with churches and faiths to this day being one of the few spots in the world that restrict certain membership hierarchies to men only. Official religious leaders almost always exclude women, a pope can't be a women nor can the cardinals electing the pope, the patriarch of Moscow can only be, you guessed it, a patriarch.

Now I don't think they are inherently linked, and patriarchy has certainly existed with and without religion, but that's just the thing. If Fire Emblem stories take place in patriarchal worlds then how does such a culture continue to exist in a very matriarchal faith? The concept of divine right of kings inspires the story telling of these games but fail to address the how the specific divine is female yet actively denies agency to other women in favor of men being the ones who rule the nations primarily. Female religious rulers exist but unlike the pope in real medieval history, they are largely unimportant or non-existent to the greater political happenings in the story until we get to Three Houses. Men remain the main drivers of the plot and the most important political figures in the world with male preferred heirs to all dynasties, religious power means almost nothing in that sense as Naga seems deeply uninterested in giving her divine right to women. Note how Marth had an older sister who was just completely skipped.

38 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You are definitely painting the religions in FE in far too wide a brush. Due to you playing one of Kaga's games right now, I will be a bit vague here, but Kaga tends to play it fairly straight with the polytheistic gods being powerful being in the world, or that once were part of the world, without much moralizing beyond the most malicious being seen as evil, and kindest as good, although most are rather aloof.

If you read through the more religious of FE6's supports, Elibe's Church of St. Elmine is a simple monotheistic faith, very like our modern day one with St. Elmine as the prophet of this perfect ideal god that isn't treated as a part of the world. The people of the Sacae also follow a far more animistic religion very vaguely reminiscent of Shintoism.

I have never cared enough about FE8 to figure out if it even had a religion.

Tellius is an interesting case, as the truth of the matter is more similar to the flawed character with only minor limitations on their powers, but because the goddesses have not been a part of the world for so long, a faith more similar to that of the moralist nature of monotheism falsely arisen. It is a bit of a theme on FE10 that the gods are flawed in spite of human's beliefs that have come to pass in their absence.

This is probably a fair critique of how Awakening handles things, but that is another game I do not feel strongly about.

Fates definitely doesn't have that sense of morality attached to its gods, we don't hear all that much about the dragon gods of old, or how they are usually worshiped (because Fates world building is hilariously bad) but it comes across far more similarly to the way you describe polytheistic faiths.

I will point out for Three Houses that it comes across to me as a bit of intentional propaganda from Rhea for her own purposes. How much that changes things is debatable, but I do feel it is a bit of interesting context to add.

That wasn't meant as a critique per-say, more of an observation on how the games generally portray it to give an explanation for why female goddesses are common but not female rulers. I know it varies between games but I still get a sense of it closing in on the middle.

With Three houses it's curious because despite having this matriarchal faith the world still subtly acts under patriarchal framing, with all but one dynasty shown having a male ruler. You have women who will inherent dynasties at the start of the game but before that happens it's all fathers and brothers with Judith being the only one established as otherwise. Ingrid talks about the stress of being the only daughter to a house and having to marry into another family to save hers despite wanting to be a knight which is a conflict that, given the state of their world, shouldn't really be a problem for her. This isn't a world that robs her of agency once she marries so why is the story acting like it is?

And again Edelgard is an emperor not an empress. You could say it's a gender neutral term but it's good to think about what "neutral" means here, that the male default is also the de facto default. Men are still considered the default. This may be nickpicky but it's what I noticed. I know I praised TH earlier for talking about sexism in a decent way but I still don't think it made sense to be there exactly.

I'm back.

I want to apologize (again) to my fellow Teehee Madness comrades, I strained my arm muscles and couldn't play anything this last week. Tomorrow I will probably finish my part.

On 2/15/2024 at 12:47 PM, Armagon said:

Scathach is also funny because in Awakening, he was Ulster and remained Ulster until relatively recently.

On 2/15/2024 at 2:07 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

...Actually, doing a quick search, the original Scathach from Irish mithology was a woman and mentor to the hero Ulster. So I guess they just figured since he's a guy and OG Scathach was a woman, they had to give him a male name and just chose to give him the completely different name of a related mithological figure? And then Heroes went "nope lol" and undid it. How fickle this whole thing is...

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is especially silly, as there are a lot of FE4 Mythological names applied to people of different genders from their mythological counterparts.

Larcei and "Ulster's" names are based on Luchtaine (a male carpenter/art god) and Scáthach (a female warrior). The names were simplified to "Larcei and Ulster" when Awakening was translated because, let's admit it, Irish/Celtic names are tricky. Larcei works well as an abbreviation for ラクチェ (Rakuche)/Lakche, but the only connection between her brother's names is the place where the Epic takes place (Ulster is one of the 4 districts of Ireland). He was still called "Ulster" in FEH until the districts of Thracia were translated, and so as not to confuse anyone, they reverted to his original name.

Honestly, what pisses me off is that they didn't even bother to find an abbreviation for his name, "Larcei and Scathach" doesn't go over very well.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:02 PM, GuardianSing said:

FESK_Wyvern_Rider.png?20140819061511

I don't remember that part of history...

That's a fallacy, bro. It's not just because a work has dragons that there shouldn't be an internal logic.

Sort of going on a tangent here: what people typically call "realism" in fantasy works is better described as "verisimilitude." It is the connection, nexus or harmony between facts, ideas, etc. in a literary work, even if the imaginative or fantastic elements are decisive in the text. And part of this "verisimilitude" consists in making the people and their behavior feel more period e.g. "historicity". This post talking about the differences between two series about the Borgias is spot on (I'm definitely not trying to get someone to watch one of my favorite shows😞

https://www.exurbe.com/the-borgias-vs-borgia-faith-and-fear/

Anyway, you guys really should watch Borgia.

borgia-s1-brd-fr-2d.jpg

I found it when I was crazy for the Renaissance period and I had the misfortune of watching the American series. Which sucks. As the name implies, the series is focused on the rise and fall of the Borgia family, covering the periods between 1492 to 1507. Cesare Borgia has an excellent arc, from temperamental boy struggling with his faith and his place in the clergy to the figure who inspired Machivelli to write The Prince, and was probably my all-time favorite protagonist up until Eren. Yes, you can laugh at me.

Borgia: Staffel 03 / Directors Cut : Doman, John, Dychauk, Isolda, Malik,  Art, Noyes, Diarmuid, Ryder, Mark, Gastini, Marta, Serna, Assumpta, Weber,  Stanley, Sawatzki, Andrea, Bradstreet, Kyle, Deiboldt, Kevin, Englestein,  Brant, Fontana,

The first season is subtitled Faith and Fear. The second is Rules of Love, Rules of War and the third is Triumph and Oblivion. If possible, watch it dubbed, because the series was made with that in mind. The series has a multicultural cast (like Renaissance Rome, the show tries to be as historically accurate as possible), so the accents can annoy English listeners.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to shill this work.

It is a very common thing in fantasy to have female religious figures bless men to go out on dangerous holy quests. Whether this is inspired from the Catholic idea of the Mother Mary or in Fire Emblem the Japanese idea of Shrine Maidens I'm not sure but either way I've always been fascinated with the fact that many fantasy worlds will have Goddesses and female religious figures yet still have an explicitly patriarchal world. After all in real life the justification for patriarchal society was that God himself was a man and so only men could be godly. It's why you have father priests and popes but never mother priestesses and just sister nuns who are married to God.

God created Man or Man created God?

That's honestly a big reason misogyny bugs me in these games because it's always in a world where it doesn't really make sense to exist as a prejudice, at least not in the same way.

We don't really know how these societies developed until they reached their current state, so there is no way to say with 100% certainty. Is magic something that has been present since the beginning of civilization or is it something that only began to be part of it recently? Was it enough to improve everyone's quality of life to the point of transposing gender roles or did it just accentuate those people's way of life?

In general it comes from the fact that most Fire Emblem games, despite having a 13th century aesthetic, have a 19th century culture with the ideas of nationalism and rationalism overshadowing the ideas of divine right of Kings and general religious matters, stuff that would be much more significant in that time in actual European history. Most priests, monks, or clerics in FE aren't religious, especially in the modern titles. If a character is religious that is usually their gimmick as a character and very rarely are characters presented as being casually religious. The state and the nation is a lot more important to these stories than the Gods and faith. The religious characters in FE are almost always women while the nationalists are almost always men, and historically Fire Emblem has been far more willing to do away with the faith to protect the state.

This is valid, actually a very good point.

Never half-ass

I have found out capybaras, or chiguires as Venezuelans call them, is a delicacy in the country. Especially during Lent, because for some reason capybaras have been declared fish. My mom ate a capybara sandwich once. She hated it.

5 hours ago, Armchair General said:

And it never gets old, lmao

They'll get it right eventually.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

and the places FE4 character names have come up in modern times are not consistent.

I mean the only officially inconsistent names have been Ulster/Scathach and Lachesis/Raquesis, the latter of which is actually just the same name due to Japanese L/R shenanigans.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Plus these versions are one of the easiest to look up.

Ehhhhhhh due to the widespread reach of Heroes, the official localized names are more recognizable. The average Fire Emblem fan knows who Larcei is but not Lackhe.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also the academy is weird xD

"Hi welcome to your new school. Don't leave your room at night or the ghost witch will kill you. We are not legally responsible for your demise".

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Religion and Misogyny go hand in hand like butter and bread. What else do you expect from a religion in which one of the main female figures is forced to give birth to God's child.

I think you may have pissed off all of Latin America with this it's interesting because Catholics treat Mary with equal respect and reverence as Jesus and God, to the point where we have a special form of prayer dedicated pretty much to her (well the point is it goes to everyone but it's designed around Mary).

This is one of the big, big differences between Catholics and other Christian branches. Protestants in the like simply treat Mary as just Jesus' mother and otherwise unimportant. Not to generalize but they generally don't believe that she ascended to his side when she died and so seeing Catholic spaces revere her so highly kinda ticks them off. But then Catholics get ticked off when Protestants don't do that and the cycle continues.

Men remain the main drivers of the plot and the most important political figures in the world with male preferred heirs to all dynasties, religious power means almost nothing in that sense as Naga seems deeply uninterested in giving her divine right to women. Note how Marth had an older sister who was just completely skipped.

You should play Xeno, which has very heavy matriarchal symbolism and women tend to be the main drivers of the plot not Xenoblade 1, Xenoblade 1 is the only game in the series that doesn't do this.

that the male default is also the de facto default. Men are still considered the default.

Romance languages looking the other way.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

"Hi welcome to your new school. Don't leave your room at night or the ghost witch will kill you. We are not legally responsible for your demise".

"If you want us to believe you, face THE SCHOOL DEVIL"

Anyway i liked the demo might pick up the game - i want to sell some old Switch games anyway so might get Grimgrimoire with some of the money i get from that

I think you may have pissed off all of Latin America with this

Not just Latin America lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also biology. I mean... really? Call back when men can give birth, then complain the woman was chosen.

Okay, on a serious note...

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

it's interesting because Catholics treat Mary with equal respect and reverence as Jesus and God, to the point where we have a special form of prayer dedicated pretty much to her (well the point is it goes to everyone but it's designed around Mary).

Seriously. Specially over here. I think it even trasends the religious aspect. Catholic or not, she's still Mexico's mother to some degree. 1531 was barely ten years after the fall of Tenochtitlan. New Spain still didn't officially exist. Yet veneration to the Mother Mary as Our Lady of Guadalupe is perhaps one of the first things that you could say were Mexican.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Call back when men can give birth

There was a Doctor Who episode about this.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yet veneration to the Mother Mary as Our Lady of Guadalupe is perhaps one of the first things that you could say were Mexican.

Lady of Guadalupe in particular also like, transcends borders. Like each country will have their own Mary (to clarify for those who don't know, it's where all the apparitions happened), like how Portugal has the Lady of Fatima. But a lot of the time they tend to be localized to the country and outside of the most devout spaces you won't see another country's Mary. But Guadalupe? She appeared first in Mexico but she's everywhere. In Spain alone, i saw statues of her in like three different churches.

Virgin-of-Guadalupe-oil-canvas-collectio

probably the single most iconic painting of Mary honestly.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There was a Doctor Who episode about this.

Lady of Guadalupe in particular also like, transcends borders. Like each country will have their own Mary (to clarify for those who don't know, it's where all the apparitions happened), like how Portugal has the Lady of Fatima. But a lot of the time they tend to be localized to the country and outside of the most devout spaces you won't see another country's Mary. But Guadalupe? She appeared first in Mexico but she's everywhere. In Spain alone, i saw statues of her in like three different churches.

Virgin-of-Guadalupe-oil-canvas-collectio

probably the single most iconic painting of Mary honestly.

I think this is because she was already Lady of Guadalupe from, well, Guadalupe, Spain. Mexico adopted the title since it's what the Conquistadors that came to Mesoamerica, like Hernan Cortes, referred to her. She is also sometimes called Virgin of the Tepeyac, to refer the actual place in here.

As such, it's no surprise if through Mexico it spread. To other places of Latinamerica to the Phillipines. Thanks to the New Spain Viceroyalty.

But yeah, it is the most iconic. I think her Basilica in Mexico City is the place most visited by Catholic pilgrims. Millions come from all over the world every December 12.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I've never seen much veneration of Mary around here. I mean, half of Brazil's population is protestant, so...

Just noted that I was late to the reply again. Well, that's life

This transformation is a pain the ass to achieve

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not even Batman would've gotten me to say that last sentence bruh.

People still won't watch it, Marvel is creatively bankrupt. Execs should know when to quit

2 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

People still won't watch it, Marvel is creatively bankrupt. Execs should know when to quit

It's not just Marvel - and not just Hollywood - look at what's happening in the gaming industry in murica atm.

32 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

People still won't watch it,

Think the only Marvel thing people are actually gonna be watching is Deadpool 3 and Spider-Verse. Last year Guardians 3 took all the money. Nobody watched The Marvels. Or Secret Invasion. They did watch Loki tho, people like Loki.

DC is dead, Marvel fumbling, Dark Universe never took off. Look out, there's a new king in town

seems there's gonna be a big Kaiju brawl in Brazil, you stay safe out there.

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's not just Marvel - and not just Hollywood - look at what's happening in the gaming industry in murica atm.

You're not supposed to say this out loud.

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I pissed off a significant portion of the entire world with that, but misogyny is misogyny and religion isn't excused from it.

43 minutes ago, Armagon said:

it's interesting because Catholics treat Mary with equal respect and reverence as Jesus and God, to the point where we have a special form of prayer dedicated pretty much to her (well the point is it goes to everyone but it's designed around Mary).

This is one of the big, big differences between Catholics and other Christian branches. Protestants in the like simply treat Mary as just Jesus' mother and otherwise unimportant. Not to generalize but they generally don't believe that she ascended to his side when she died and so seeing Catholic spaces revere her so highly kinda ticks them off. But then Catholics get ticked off when Protestants don't do that and the cycle continues.

Indeed, which is why I also considered her as being a possible inspiration for why so many RPGs have Goddesses leading female religious figures. But still should be noted that Catholicism still has misogyny well baked into it as they are completely excluded from the Catholic hierarchy. Mother Mary and the ideas of purity surrounding virginity have also been a leading strategy to shame women in Catholic parts of the world. Mary is propped up as this shinning example of womanhood, a woman who obeys their father and son, a woman who's most important contribution to humanity is giving birth to men.

I know this because half my family is historically Catholic and many many of my cousins and tías love to go on about their hangups with the traditional depiction of Mother Mary.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also biology. I mean... really? Call back when men can give birth, then complain the woman was chosen.

It was God who made it so male's couldn't give birth, placing the burden all on females. Pretty fucked up if you ask me, especially if Jesus could've just been spawned instantly like Adam and Eve.

Also, men can give birth if they were born female.

Fun fact, I've heard more than once from former Christian female friends of mine talk about how one of the driving forces that pushed them away from it was the story of Mother Mary giving birth to Jesus. To them, the idea of randomly being impregnated and forced to birth a child was, rightfully, horrifying. If that sounds familiar to you then good, because it's why primarily religious groups lead movements to ban abortion and their historical tendency to overlook martial rape in accordance to general disdain for divorce.

Man, good thing I got those Long Barrels. Sure, Kevin is meant to use Arts more than his crossbow, but that extra range comes way handy.

I went all the way to Krone Pass, but perhaps I shouldn't have done it yet. I already have Estelle and Agate at level 44. I wonder if wanting to fight every single enemy I come across may make him overleveled... maybe.

Gah, I forgot that Witch from Mercury debuted today! Well, it aired from 1PM to... 3PM? Were they half-hour episodes or full hour? Anyway, I can thankfully rewind, but it's too late to watch two full hours of it. Would do it tomorrow, but I remembered my brother did kinda showed an interest with it... but he's out of town and won't be back until tomorrow midnight. Well, can still rewind on Sunday to Friday stuff, so it's fine. I hope.

I also noticed that before that they aired the Dragon Quest anime. That new one with Dai. Huh, I've been sleeping on that channel as of late...