Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

A few turns, more events. Basically the whole thing with Shinji refusing to kill Asuka, and Gendo forcing the activation of the Dummy Plug. But it doesn't work. Is this different from Rebuild or was it a change the movies already made?

In any case, now the Tenth Angel shows up. Zeruel, which was the Fourteenth in the original anime. The third requirement is for Shinji to also defeat it. The two of three rule basically is here in case you couldn't get him to Ace, most likely. More events and... Zeruel eats Rei's EVA and she, and blows up Unit-02. The party finally appears here. And if it wasn't enough, Gardim shows up.

Shinji is... kinda losing it at this point. But thankfully, this is SRW, so the party can get him to calm down and steel his resolve to save Asuka and Rei.

Wait, the objective is to defeat either Angel. So I can't have Shinji defeat both? Good thing I can get him to Ace, but still. I wonder...

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wonder if it's a Gundam reference. Granada is a city on the Moon in UC Gundam, and Anaheim has a factory there, if I recall.

I wouldn't rule it out. They hired for XCX the G00 mech designer and the Unicorn composer, plus Xenogears had "I Can't Believe It's Not Funnels". A Japanese developer using mechs with a Real lean and not knowing Gundam is pretty unlikely methinks.

Okay, got Shinji to defeat Bardiel. He gets fired up, Unit-01 seemingly goes Berserk, though Shinji still has control it seems. But before it can get dangerous to him, Ryoma charges in. In what once could also happen in Alpha 1, the Shin Getter destroys Bardiel while also saving the pilot. Good!

But now the Mazinger ZERO appears! Koji is there, trapped by the Mazinger. In a reversal of what happened maps ago, now Shinji vows to rescue Koji, as he did to him when the EVA first went Berserk. The ZERO is so dangerous, even Gendo orders for it to be defeated before the remaining Angel. Yikes...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't rule it out. They hired for XCX the G00 mech designer and the Unicorn composer, plus Xenogears had "I Can't Believe It's Not Funnels". A Japanese developer using mechs with a Real lean and not knowing Gundam is pretty unlikely methinks.

Plus don't forget the other references in the game. Evangelion, Alien, Back to the Future. Bloody hell, the opening shot is a 2001 A Space Odyssey reference.

I'd say a lot of it is pretty intentional.

Lowering its HP enough, Tetsuya goads the ZERO to attack him. The Great Mazinger starts to overload with Mazing Power, but Tetsuya says this has been happening for a while. He plans to sacrifice himself to take down the ZERO, as atonement. It... doesn't work, but at least Tetsuya ejected in time. But then, a Mazinger appears, sent by a mysterious voice that Tetsuya recognizes. Kenzo Kabuto? I... don't know. Anyway, this is the Mazin Emperor G.

Fun fact, this is its debut. Mazin Emperor G was created for SRW V. And so far, it looks like it has only showed up in SRW.

QYN5PTfzhakzDt2XZpo9XE.jpg?ex=65e538d1&i

Shots like these is why Monolith Soft the GOAT.

Also the big fella coming in from the right turned out to be a Tyrant and killed me instantly.

Edited by Armagon

Defeating ZERO, it's finally revealed why Tetsuya wanted Ryoma. Getter Radiation can fuse the organic and inorganic, creating the Metal Beasts... but can also separate them. Thus, ZERO also gets dosed with Getter Radiation.

Koji ends up in a void, and a voices reaches him. It's... the voice of possibility, it claims, having awakened thanks to the Getter Rays. It's what people call Mazin. Juuzo Kabuto found it, and created Mazinger Z as a way to harness its power. They talk about Juuzo and his intentions for a bit, but in the end, the choice lies with Koji. Will he submit to possibility, or resist? Humans create reality out of the infinite possibilities. Koji, naturally, doesn't submit. This creates a new light, showing the way to the future. The true meaning of photonic power. The voice acknowledges what Koji might bring forth will be stronger than what it will get by consuming him. Even it doesn't know what it will be, but it couldn't help but yield to it. As always, it can become a God or Devil... but the choice lies with Koji.

And thus, Koji is back to normal. More Gardim come, with Jamie at the helm. Here to test their new androids... with the appearance and combat data of Gulli. Koji is ready to fight, having mastered the Mazin Power he can unleash ZERO with him in control. Alright, let's do this! Not even Zeruel can stop us now!

... well, I have to stop for now. Will have to finish this next weekend. Ahhhhh...

Hmm... so, they aired four episodes of Witch from Mercury. If this will be every Friday, they might go through the entire series in just a couple weeks.

I'm completely stumped about the locations of a 10-Coin and a Wonder Seed, and it's only World-1.😅

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Plus don't forget the other references in the game. Evangelion, Alien, Back to the Future. Bloody hell, the opening shot is a 2001 A Space Odyssey reference.

You mean, the studio itself and the Zo-frickken-hars.

...Plus, the Slave Generators in Xenogears and similar generators for the A.M/G.W.S. are possibly references to Martian Successor Nadesico, which aired over a year before Xenogears ...but Xenogears was in development for two. Yet, Wikipedia says the titular Gears weren't present at the start of development? And, could a little detail like the Slave Generators have come later?🤔 I know Nikola Tesla proposed the idea of wireless energy transmission in the 19th century, but I don't know how prevalent it was in science fiction after that.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I like how Sylvalum has it's own Florida. Complete with a set of islands just off the coast of it.

Except Sylvalum isn't all that weird.😜

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Fun fact, this is its debut. Mazin Emperor G was created for SRW V. And so far, it looks like it has only showed up in SRW.

As if 'kaiser wasn't enough.😛

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know Nikola Tesla proposed the idea of wireless energy transmission in the 19th century

There's a Doctor Who episode about this

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except Sylvalum isn't all that weird.😜

Crazy alien continent. Still more normal than Florida.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As if 'kaiser wasn't enough.😛

Indeed. It's certainly part of what makes SRW Great, pun totally intended. XD

Whether it's allowing unused concepts to be used (like Final Dancougar or Layzner mk II), or creating new stuff (like Mazinkaiser), it's certainly awesome.

The comparison with the original Mazinkaiser is very apt. I'll mention it out once the game does, but if you want a hint: It's the Mazin Emperor G, not Z.

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

"Denny's"? Sure, why not.

...I kinda wanna say it's a coincidence but someone with this much passion for CDi Zelda ought to have at least passing knowledge of the crown jewel of so bad it's good movies.

(Nice song by the way)

Finished World 1, found everything in it, I think. The end of the first Special World stage though ...is it okay to resort to Yoshi/Nabbit?😅

I'm enjoying it, good to return to the roots of Nintendo's success once in a while.😀

I'm rotating which character I use. Picked Peach first, then Daisy, then Yellow Toad. I'm not inclined to pick M&L, I heard one quip from the former, sorry, but I'm going to adjust slowly.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The comparison with the original Mazinkaiser is very apt. I'll mention it out once the game does, but if you want a hint: It's the Mazin Emperor G, not Z.

Final Dynamic inspiration?😛

I recall seeing on Akurasu the reason for Mazinkaiser's invention was "something to put Mazinger Z on par with Shin Getter Robo".

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I kinda wanna say it's a coincidence but someone with this much passion for CDi Zelda ought to have at least passing knowledge of the crown jewel of so bad it's good movies.

(Nice song by the way)

This one seems to be based on the restaurant chain, judging by the fact that the Denny in question has a passion for making breakfast.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Final Dynamic inspiration?😛

I recall seeing on Akurasu the reason for Mazinkaiser's invention was "something to put Mazinger Z on par with Shin Getter Robo".

Yeah. Unlike the Getter Team, Koji didn't really had much in terms of mech hopping. Great Mazinger had a different character for pilot, for instance. Although SRW 2 did had the Great but not Tetsuya, thus the Great served as Koji's upgrade in that game. Anyway, I think in Grendizer Koji does pilot something other than the Mazinger Z, but well, Grendizer doesn't tend to show up often, and as you saw in A, even then Koji sticks to the good ol' Z.

Soyeah, in wanting to give Koji a proper Mazinger upgrade, specially since by the time of SRW F/FF it was already several games in that it did made the Z feel like it should be getting outclassed already... enter the Mazinkaiser.

6 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

This one seems to be based on the restaurant chain, judging by the fact that the Denny in question has a passion for making breakfast.

Rather disappointing, I won't lie. I've not bought the game yet but if I had, I'd definitely be looking for a refund. I'd be telling that guy,

I probably wouldn't, just had to reach for another clip

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, I think in Grendizer Koji does pilot something other than the Mazinger Z, but well, Grendizer doesn't tend to show up often, and as you saw in A, even then Koji sticks to the good ol' Z.

Double Spazer IIRC according to the AP Robotpedia (couldn't have Kouji steal Duke's space thunder?). A Spazer when the MaZ exists in SRW is something of a demotion IMO.

(Although, if one could equip the Double Spazer as a frame to Grendizer and thus make it count as a single unit in terms of deployment slots, then relegating Kouji to it wouldn't have been a terrible idea. Would free up a slot and would give Duke a sub-pilot, the Double Spazer still has the full abilities of the regular Grendizer, better than the more situational Drill and Marine.)

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Soyeah, in wanting to give Koji a proper Mazinger upgrade, specially since by the time of SRW F/FF it was already several games in that it did made the Z feel like it should be getting outclassed already... enter the Mazinkaiser.

The curse of being the first Super. You invented the eye lasers, the rocket fists, the chest beams, the hot-blood -but not the concept of total mech upgrades/replacements.😛

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Double Spazer IIRC according to the AP Robotpedia (couldn't have Kouji steal Duke's space thunder?). A Spazer when the MaZ exists in SRW is something of a demotion IMO.

(Although, if one could equip the Double Spazer as a frame to Grendizer and thus make it count as a single unit in terms of deployment slots, then relegating Kouji to it wouldn't have been a terrible idea. Would free up a slot and would give Duke a sub-pilot, the Double Spazer still has the full abilities of the regular Grendizer, better than the more situational Drill and Marine.)

That's what some SRW games do, actually. Let Grendizer combine with the Spazers. Though you still can't move Koji to them, or any of the Mazinger cast. Just the supporting Grendizer characters proper.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The curse of being the first Super. You invented the eye lasers, the rocket fists, the chest beams, the hot-blood -but not the concept of total mech upgrades/replacements.😛

Well, not Z itself, but Sayaka does get the Diana A as an upgrade/replacement to the Aphrodite A. But yeah, Mazinger was more about getting new weapons throughout the series, which also became a standard for Super robots. The one actual upgrade was getting the Jet Scrander so it could fly. A few SRW games would have a "powered up" version of the Z to serve as a late-game upgrade, though. Sometimes, as a choice instead of Mazinkaiser even.

It's a shame that the game doesn't have a cutscene player. It has plenty of good shots, but of course catching the right moment is troublesome.
And considering the game is autosave-only and there is only one save slot... well, it's surprisingly ill laid out to share shots and clips.

4e3.gif

And the only isolated clip I've seen on Youtube so far is this one.

Speaking of, I feel like enabling subtitles kinda ruins the magic. I mean, can anyone to this day claim to know for sure what Glutko compared the taste of a Koridian to?

Edited by BrightBow