Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

It's a shame that the game doesn't have a cutscene player. It has plenty of good shots, but of course catching the right moment is troublesome.
And considering the game is autosave-only and there is only one save slot... well, it's surprisingly ill laid out to share shots and clips.

4e3.gif

Heck, the CDi remasters by the same person had multiple save slots. Wonder what that's all about.

If you're on Windows you might be able to enable the xbox game bar's record functionality for the game. Then you press win+alt+g and it records the last 30 seconds. Handy for this kind of thing.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

This song is a fucking mood

(English translation of the lyrics available)

If we don't send this to ESC we're fucking idiots

...i honestly don't like the Song much due to the music, but the lyrics are a fucking mood

Give it a listen (with translation)

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

A 20-day illustrated countdown is excessive. -But I won't say no to more Vanillart.😄

Oh. We eatin

Wait MC has red eyes?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3LuL1eL.jpeg

While Alchemy here isn't as deep as in Atelier, i do quite like how it's used - and how one of our familiar has a "tool" action

You can use one at the start - and then every turn you can use combat tools (that doesn't count towards MCs turn) - wether buffs/debuffs, or attack items like bombs

However, if you use an healing item, the combat tools familiar will need an extra turn to recharge - which against dangerous bosses can be really deadly since that's one less turn without buffs/debuffs/attacks.

Speaking about debuffs, it's has one of my fav. debuffs system concerning enemies in JRPGs

Bosses aren't just immune to debuffs/status like most JRPG or are chance based, but

3doABh6.jpeg

They have a certain resistance that needs bypassed by the number of attacks/items applying a certain debuff.

So here i need to him 1 more time with a stun effect attack to stun him...

However, here's the catch:

Everytime i apply a debuff, the boss' debuff resistance increases by 1 - ie, i will need 1 extra debuff action than the last attempt to debuff him with the same status again (so first stun will need 2 stun attacks for example, to stun him again i will need 3 stun attacks, etc.) - the same applies to all debuffs/status. I slowed him down with a combat tool once, next time i need to slow him down will require 2 stick bombs (slow debuff tool)

Makes planning debuffs really important - and i really really dig the removal of the RNG aspect of debuffs or just going the lazy way of making bosses immune to status effects.

It's one of the things that makes the battle system elements synergize so well, amongst many other things.

I am really digging the battle system more than i expected

U4q5NZw.jpeg

I have been trying for more than an hour, Berry

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Irish, after escaping from the British to the US only to see the Mexican-American War break out:

Ah shit here we go again guy but with no background : r ...

Already got that with the "No Irish need apply" signs.

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Already got that with the "No Irish need apply" signs.

Yeah, but the war hit even closer to home in comparison.

IMG20240219201232.jpg?ex=65e6719d&is=65d

"Did you ever hear the tragedy of March Rosa the Saint? I thought not. It’s not a story the Church would tell you. It’s a Scientific legend. March Rosa was a Scientist of the Science, so powerful and so wise he could use the medicine to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of Science that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Science is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he died to Mother Nature herself. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself."

Jump Jump Jump is probably the first level I throw in the towel on. I knew I wouldn't be able to 100% Wonder, and while I got all three 10-Coins from the stage, I'm not willing to try to complete that last little stretch.😅

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wait MC has red eyes?

I never really noticed before, but,

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_09-20-23_016-768x1

yep. Does the realization engage your senses?

40 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Everytime i apply a debuff, the boss' debuff resistance increases by 1 - ie, i will need 1 extra debuff action than the last attempt to debuff him with the same status again (so first stun will need 2 stun attacks for example, to stun him again i will need 3 stun attacks, etc.) - the same applies to all debuffs/status. I slowed him down with a combat tool once, next time i need to slow him down will require 2 stick bombs (slow debuff tool)

Etrian also has cumulative resistances. +30% for each successful infliction of a given bind/ailment, reaching immunity in that bind/ailment if the resistance value reaches or goes over at 100% (it might decline ten turns after the successful infliction IIRC). 

EO is chance-based, as the percentages indicate. Though once you get to EO4 and beyond, you can usually have a pretty high chance of inflicting something on a given enemy with a properly-leveled skill and a high enough Luck stat.

I wonder if Clog Boots + Long Barrel is a good combination for Olivier...

Anyway, finished the job requests (Dorothy once again coming in clutch with the camera), and finally at Jenis... and best girl is back! Hurray!

uEB2hum.jpeg

Science, fuck yeah

FhO451M.jpeg

First we team up with bandits, then we are gonna team up with Cult-kun?

The reverse Fire Emblem?

YLe6rs3.jpeg

The Man, the Myth, the legend

V9rm6y9.jpeg

Boo

LL3e9hQ.jpeg

BOO

nZbFDZV.jpeg

Stop being thirsty berry and kill the bastard already xD

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Definitely can hear GG/OS familiarity in this, Basiscape kept it consistent.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

nZbFDZV.jpeg

Stop being thirsty berry and kill the bastard already xD

So she wants to sink her sweet tooth into something other than pie?😜 Or maybe she dreams of eating a blueberry 🥧 off his bare chest.

Okay, stopping for tonight. Will resume the dungeon tomorrow.

---

Heard my dad putting Mospeada's OP on his playlist... cue half an hour of Robotech/Mospeada discussion as we watched Mospeada's first episode after who knows how many years that we watched it together. Ah, good times.

I certainly owe my dad. By introducing me to Robotech, it's where I got my love for mecha, heh.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

image.png

I'll keep doing this if nobody minds.

Unless that little symbol in the lower left is their tag, I don't see the artist's name on here, like the prior images.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

r4zlZS2X6AdJUXRVZcmpVK.jpg?ex=65e6a390&i

Messing with the colors I see. I pretty much never did on my first run. Only started toying around with that on my second, where I painted one orange & red resembling Samus in her classic Varia Suit.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

sfVOElU.jpeg

😞

Literally? One of the deceased who stubbornly refused to accept death? Game looked too cute to have one of those.

Sounds like you might be enjoying it though?🤔

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll keep doing this if nobody minds.

Yes please!

I need to HQ'fy this images for wallpaper purposes

One of the deceased who stubbornly refused to accept death?

She wanted to meet her daughter again, hence she bound her soul to her dead body

Game looked too cute to have one of those.

Game looks cute

But it's witch hunt setting where our MC faces execution on every corner, people are thrown over cliffs for sign of witchcraft, human experimentation, etc.

Sounds like you might be enjoying it though?🤔

Super enjoying it. 20h in less than 4 days say everything