Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J307.png

Fuck it, might as well use this thing before the timeskip

Lmao use it on Quan and Ethynol

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

In either case the main problem was the writers lampshading gayness while refusing to actually add aside from two characters and only with Corrin.

Personally if feel that if you're gonna make a game where the player gets to decide who marries who, you should just make everyone bisexual at that point, why limit yourself, they're gonna write fanfiction about it anyways.

The only correct way to play Fates is with the Gay Fates mod. You get gayness, and you get to keep the most important character in the game, Izana, in Rev. Also it's made by some incredibly cool people who deserve all the downloads.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 178.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

How did this happen again bruh? 

Yeah it's just the Xenoblade 2 curse at this point. Accuse it of being coomer bait and the game will strike back.

It's not just Xenoblade 2

Majority of the "anti-fanservice" and moralist types are criminals and/or protect criminals amongst them, knowingly, too

Every

Fucking

Time

Projection.

It's like Republicans and gays.

And yes, i am suspicious of anyone who goes into a circle full of immoral/degen stuff only to hate on the users there, harass and complain. It's always like this. Always.

Anyways, reset the clock.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Majority of the "anti-fanservice"

885370607de7b517ff7c2efb7f34e70e.png

I am okay with this enlightenment.

Edit: Obviously the topic here is the girls' outfits.

Edited by Lightcosmo

Honestly speaking: Everyone cares about appearance one way or another, saying otherwise is just deluding themselves. And in my opinion, since more care is put into female designs, they tend to stand out and look better/more fun to me.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lmao use it on Quan and Ethynol

I'd honestly have so much respect for this game if they allowed you to do that and it changed the story someway, or at least changed some dialogue.

50 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'd honestly have so much respect for this game if they allowed you to do that and it changed the story someway, or at least changed some dialogue.

All things considered, it probably wouldn't affect things that much, but... Well, this is the same game that employs forcefields to stop you from interfering with the battle setpiece. They could've acknowledged still it in some way that wouldn't have been much of a hassle, though. Doesn't even have to be with those two specifically - just say that Claude needs the corpse to be able to rouse the dead. Obviously, since the Leonster lovebirds die in the middle of the desert with not a soul escaping to tell the tale, there's nobody to retrieve their bodies, and thus they can't be restored. Easy.

Tangentially related fun fact: Quan and Ethlyn can potentially survive the onslaught. If he makes it, Quan will move to seize Phinora, and then... he just softlocks your game lmao, you need to seize the castle to progress but you can't seize it from allies. Otherwise, if any Leonster units are still alive and you seize the castle, they just vanish and the game moves on as if they all died. Nothing all that amazing, but little scenarios the game doesn't account for like this are always fun.

Screenshot_2023-10-10_152607.png?ex=65f1

So just throwing some ideas...

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

And in my opinion, since more care is put into female designs, they tend to stand out and look better/more fun to me.

Personally I think they just need to hire more bisexual artists, that would fix the issue right up.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

All things considered, it probably wouldn't affect things that much.

Give Ethlyn a side quest to get her daughter back so she can be in Thracia 1776 or whatever it's called.

Actually, you know what? I take back what I said before. Nintendo needs to eat shit on the Yuzu front. If they win that it's going to set a dreadful precedent. ROM preservation sites are like a hydra, but emulators are a different story. If they start bringing the axe down on those, game preservation's going to stagnate as more consoles come out and nobody is able to make emulators for them, or update existing emulators to be better.

Which of course, means more money for Nintendo when they sell you the games back for another 50 bucks! I'm so happy for them and for the fans of Really Popular Games (no other games will ever see the light of day again).

54 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, you know what? I take back what I said before. Nintendo needs to eat shit on the Yuzu front. If they win that it's going to set a dreadful precedent. ROM preservation sites are like a hydra, but emulators are a different story. If they start bringing the axe down on those, game preservation's going to stagnate as more consoles come out and nobody is able to make emulators for them, or update existing emulators to be better.

Which of course, means more money for Nintendo when they sell you the games back for another 50 bucks! I'm so happy for them and for the fans of Really Popular Games (no other games will ever see the light of day again).

You don't need to worry about that. Emulation is legal. Nintendo themselves use them for their online shops and stuff. It's mainly the game distribution that's not legal. If I recall, the issue is more about using Nintendo's own code and profiting from it through trying to loophole it via Patreon.

Okay, checked further, it's more than that. Still, I would say they did tried to bite more than they could chew. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You don't need to worry about that. Emulation is legal. Nintendo themselves use them for their online shops and stuff. It's mainly the game distribution that's not legal. If I recall, the issue is more about using Nintendo's own code and profiting from it through trying to loophole it via Patreon.

Okay, checked further, it's more than that. Still, I would say they did tried to bite more than they could chew. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I want to believe people would find a way even in the worst case scenario, but still. If Ninty successfully bullies Yuzu into submission here, even just by settling out of court - in fact, that's likely what they are truly going for - it's going to set a bad precedent. A precedent of "Nintendo has all the money and everyone has to bow down before them, even if emulation is technically legal."

Of course, again, Yuzu aren't exactly saints here. Paywalling an emulator is a dick move. All in all, though, I'd rather Nintendo eats shit and deems it more worthwhile to stay away from emulation.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I want to believe people would find a way even in the worst case scenario, but still. If Ninty successfully bullies Yuzu into submission here, even just by settling out of court - in fact, that's likely what they are truly going for - it's going to set a bad precedent. A precedent of "Nintendo has all the money and everyone has to bow down before them, even if emulation is technically legal."

Of course, again, Yuzu aren't exactly saints here. Paywalling an emulator is a dick move. All in all, though, I'd rather Nintendo eats shit and deems it more worthwhile to stay away from emulation.

They ignoring Yuzu also sets a bad precedent, however.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- Some interesting Unicorn Overlord discussion I've seen. There's a debate between whether unique characters and generic mercenaries are better. See the thing is, growths in this game are fixed. However, generics can have their growths optimized.

Additionally, executing potential recruits does give you resources (I was wrong earlier) and if generics are "more optimal", wouldn't the ideal strat be to execute potential recruits for resources and hire generics in their stead? I mean they even get Rapport bonuses (but not the convos). Well.....no. 

See, Uniques are free. You get them for free. Generics have a cost and it's not money, it's Honor. Honor can be used to hire mercenaries, as well as expanding Squads. Thing is, Honor is not....that easy to rack up. It's easy to get but it's not easy to build up basically. This is important because the mere act of expanding a single Squad from three units to four takes a hefty 50 Honor. This balances the "ideal generic" because sure you can spend Honor to hire them but....if you don't have enough space in the Squads to use them, there's no point.

All of this makes it seem like generics are there to round out any squad as opposed to actually being the optimal play. Which I'm sure @Saint Rubenio would like because I don't think it's as fun for him if generics were unanimously the better option lol.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Emulation has been established multiple times as legal I think. The problem is Yuzu wanted money out of it. Had they just kept it free, I think Nintendo would've ignored them.

I mean c'mon, they haven't gone after other popular emulators. Why single out Yuzu specifically unless they are profiting off of it?

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They ignoring Yuzu also sets a bad precedent, however.

Bah, Yuzu's paywalled early access builds were piss easy to obtain. Pretty sure there's a github repo with them that's like, second or third result on Google when looking for Yuzu lol. Not to mention Ryujinx is increasingly more widely regarded as the superior option as time goes on anyway.

Personally, I find the possibility of Nintendo being enabled into declaring war on emulation far more dangerous than the continued existence of one group of greedy emulator devs.

Just now, Armagon said:

All of this makes it seem like generics are there to round out any squad as opposed to actually being the optimal play. Which I'm sure @Saint Rubenio would like because I don't think it's as fun for him if generics were unanimously the better option lol.

Yes, correct. Generics cool.

Just now, Armagon said:

Emulation has been established multiple times as legal I think. The problem is Yuzu wanted money out of it. Had they just kept it free, I think Nintendo would've ignored them.

I mean c'mon, they haven't gone after other popular emulators. Why single out Yuzu specifically unless they are profiting off of it?

This is all true, but again, the problem's the precedent and the possibility that they'll start hunting after other emulators. There's a good chance nothing'll come out of this, but still. It'd be even better if Ninty just failed and the message was "emulators aren't so easy to mess with." With their amount of money, though...

You forget that this isn't the first time something like this happens. Nintendo has lost many times before or only go for what they can actually strike down. Like how they could get Dolphin off Steam, but couldn't stop Dolphin itself.

Interviewer: Please tell me more about the newly revealed character, Hiromine Yoko.

Doi: As a matter of fact, there was a time when we considered having Yoko appear in the previous title, but in the end, we decided not to introduce her.

*Flashbacks to DS2*

This sounds exactly like Miyako. Which, given thoughts I've seen on her (which I understand/potentially agree with), bodes ill for the new gal. But then, when Atlus insists on adding more game, they'll add more game, even if the new characters/plot aren't the smoothest of additions.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Seeing hype like this makes me 😬. Can this end well?  Even if it sells well, if the reception is actually bad and there's a lot of post-buy regret, the repercussions will fall on Vanillaware's next title. -But I'm just a worried pessimist.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Another one

55 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seeing hype like this makes me 😬. Can this end well?  Even if it sells well, if the reception is actually bad and there's a lot of post-buy regret, the repercussions will fall on Vanillaware's next title. -But I'm just a worried pessimist.

I feel like the demo provided enough content that anyone who was sold on it will be positive on it.

On 2/25/2024 at 8:40 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Hello there!

Yeah, this is basically a chat thread. Vanillaware games do tend to pop up in conversation here often.

Thank you! I am sort of- well very confused so every bit of info helps!

45 minutes ago, GRANDGOBO said:

Thank you! I am sort of- well very confused so every bit of info helps!

Heh, it's fine. I can see how a first glimpse can be seen that way. We can have lots of topics spoken about in just a single day, or sometimes just one or two. So dive at what you want to participate at, or speak up your own and maybe others will follow.