Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah at least in SMT, there's a narrative justification. Doesn't change it from being dumb but at least they justify it.

And I know they outright dropped in SMTIV. IV: Apocalypse brought it back- but I think only for the highest difficulty setting. Strange Journey had it, but then SJRedux added a "March to the Death" app that can negate it on the lower difficulties. I need to resume V to see if it has it, but I would doubt it if IV ditched it. -And it sure wasn't around in the Digital Devil Saga or Devil Survivor spinoffs.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Man, this truly is a grinding map for funds and the like. Every unit drops Gold Bars and most of them do an additional Power Part. Also the Crossbone Gundam theme plays as the map theme, just to emphasize the pirate operation, heh. I think EXP is the only thing that's not given in abundant quantities, but that's okay.

And done. Too bad it's just the one time, but well, it is meant to be a small helping hand. I'm at the point where I'm upgrading my endgame team to max, and... sheesh, it really is pricey. Considering the final map is 5 Battleships + 24 Units for deployment... that be a lot.

Clearing Scenario 42 opens up two more DLC maps. First one is Koji asking Tetsuya to grain him up. So, they spar for a bit while the Getter Team watches. Then all of a sudden... a Kedora shows up and takes the Mazing Emperor G! It seems it stowed away and bid its time to strike. So now it's Koji and the Getter Team trying to rescue Tetsuya.

So, Koji calls forth ZERO, and after defeating the Kedora, Tetsuya is able to take control back and destroy it. But now more Kedora show up, but so does the younger Getter Team to help out.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The second DLC map is another simulator battle. Once again, it's composed of boss-units. Though in this case, it's UC Dimension bosses. Curiously, Judau makes a comment about G-Hound being there too if they hadn't join us. I'm guessing if we really hadn't recruited them, Yazan, Jerid, and Lane would be among the bosses to fight. As the last one, it's a defend battle, but this time, we must defend a 5x5 area rather than a line. Kinda like Alpha Gaiden's final map. There's enough units to wall the perimeter, so I can just camp. Hmm... can I truly do that? Unfortunately, the area is nothing special. Unlike in Alpha Gaiden which was a base, so you could enjoy the terrain and recovery effects while camping. Oh well.

Hmm, some interesting things to see here, due to not taking certain route splits. Dr. Hell is in Hell King Gordon, not Ashura. Was this different for Shin Mazinger? Also, I see a Zaku I Sniper Type... wow. An actual Zaku I... wait. It's piloted by Kirks. Did I actually not register he was piloting that? Ahahaha, guess I didn't.

Okay, it's done. I'll stop for today, and continue tomorrow.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Eternights-Edit.jpg

Fixed.😄

It is nice that the gay boi gets called a favorite son by the psychological deity labeling her an "Architect" made me Xenogiggle. And that she laughed and said "you two will get along" when I picked the bottom choice.

Yeah, I can't play tonight, that edit of a scene from before I was plunged into the river of elation is all I can do.😅 And why bother when I'm still cruisin' along on what I beheld in awe 24 hours ago?😎 Let the hot winds continue to blow the sails, until the ship comes to rest upon the shores of tranquility.

...Ever wish you had an MRI machine a home, or CT or PET, or whatever it is that could observe your brain activity? Because, right now, I do.😀 To know which regions of the mind's organ are firing at full steam. Is it endorphins, is it oxytocin -what biochemistry powers this engine of ecstasy?🤓 And perhaps, being divergent of the neurons, if my reaction is in some way elevated compared to the average person's. There is something to be said for mystery, but so too there is for understanding thyself.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Opera_Snapshot_2024-03-02_134147_twitter

Sorry I didn't notice the important context on lower edge before. My mind has been very one-track today.😆

But that is good news. I thought I might've heard something about issues with helium supplies years ago. (And that the United States has historically had a fair share of it, which might've been responsible for the demise of the Hindenburg. Banning helium exports to Germany resulted in the use of highly-combustible hydrogen gas in the infamous zeppelin -so I think the claim went.)

What the-

The heck, didn't you died in Alpha!?

You as well- What is going on!?

According to a comment in those video, they only show in the Easy Mode path? As in, you have very few Battle Masteries.

Yet, I can't seem to find anything about this, and apparently...

I'm not alone on this.

lyYSdqp0HcTGlkx14BxGOA.jpg?ex=65f66a72&i

I'm gonna headcanon that Orphe reproduction was partially inspired by Doctor Who's Regeneration. 

NzhimF61u7j9h6UzxzZOgd.jpg?ex=65f66b68&i

tUEAE7Ip8CmTSSB2XWoEFu.jpg?ex=65f66be5&i

I like how you could be a bigot about it if you wanted to.

Edited by Armagon

I'm so glad Dark Matter just... obliterates the Shining Pom, hehehe.

lol, found the chest with the Ys reference. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 3/1/2024 at 3:12 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

If overplaying is the problem, then how is the final battle of the trilogy going to feel truly breathtaking? If Sephiroth has been shown and fought to death, how will that possibly make the last, death-dealing & closure-giving confrontation with him actually feel special?🤔

Turn it into a cutscene and put half the budget into it. Sony fanboys are already used to interactive films so they're going to wet their pants anyway.

On 3/1/2024 at 6:25 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Tifa likes Cloud more if he shows concern for Aerith, but Aerith likes Cloud less if he shows concern for Tifa.

Just another reason why Tifa's best girl

On 3/1/2024 at 6:25 PM, Lightchao42 said:

While I agree that Rebuild technically isn't as good as the original series--the shorter runtime meant they didn't have as much time to flesh things out--I think it was decent on its own. Rei should've gotten more screentime though.

I don't even have a problem with the shorter runtime -- assuming the films expect you to have watched the anime before -- but with things like all the time jumps, uneven characterization and Mari's entire existence.

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

Final Fantasy XIII moment

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In SMT, MC death = game over makes some in-universe sense, I think. The demons obey you because you control them via pact, you die and SMT grittiness makes me think some would consider the pact annulled and start munching on your corpse.

Persona? You're surrounded by friends, they won't leave you, won't eat you. Why wouldn't they fight on and revive you? (...Actually I don't think Oldsona had MC death = GO?)

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah at least in SMT, there's a narrative justification. Doesn't change it from being dumb but at least they justify it. But Modern Persona makes such a massive deal about bonds and whatnot yet the moment you fall to the ground, your friends just give up. Some nice friends you got there Joker.

TMS was smart enough to not make Itsuki KO = game over. It works in Fire Emblem because revives are not a thing but TMS does have revives so that system doesn't need to be there.

I don't know if there's any special reason in 4, but in 3 if the protagonist dies they won't have any way to stop the apocalypse, so yeah, it's valid.

Inb4 "muh bonds"

One of the themes of 3 is that death is inevitable and that we have to accept it

We don't talk about Shinji and Chidori here

11 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I don't know if there's any special reason in 4, but in 3 if the protagonist dies they won't have any way to stop the apocalypse, so yeah, it's valid.

*Looks at list of RPGs where the protagonist living is absolutely necessary for the salvation of the world but the game doesn't game over if they die*

11 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

One of the themes of 3 is that death is inevitable and that we have to accept it

Personally, if it was me, i'd simply live. Death ain't got no hold on me, i'd simply Regenerate.

I'm simply built different.

Also, 2,000,000 seems like alot of Gald, but it runs dry very quickly between Elite Bottle refills and upgrading equipment/crystals.

Still smiling.😃

Did the morning exercise, didn't watch/listen to anything. Electronic screen turned off, I saw only my reflection with a cheeky, toothy expression (top row only because the bottom would ruin it😆). I didn't mind one minute of the routine.😄

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

I like how you could be a bigot about it if you wanted to.

I missed this edit last night.

Reproduction via fission is the way the very first way the ancient ancestral single-celled lifeforms from whence we descend, multiplied. To call it "unnatural", is to deny the second link (the first being abiogenesis) in the chain of events that led to us, and still sustains the uncountable number of microbes which invisibly sustain the world we live in today. Very science-ignorant.😝

Screenshot_20.png?ex=65f72d3d&is=65e4b83

Wait.......so that wasn't his stomach he was attacking me with.........oh no...........Ohhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooo

Screenshot_22.png?ex=65f72db3&is=65e4b8b

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.jpg

We've entered the final five.

Oh wow, nothing quite like a dull surprise face when about to put an arrow through someone's brain.

Holy fuck the world map in FE8 is difficult to hack.

Limitation breeds creativity, though, as they say. I've had to adapt my plans but I've been able to ìt together a decent solution. Hopefully.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Still smiling.😃

Did the morning exercise, didn't watch/listen to anything. Electronic screen turned off, I saw only my reflection with a cheeky, toothy expression (top row only because the bottom would ruin it😆). I didn't mind one minute of the routine.😄

Sometimes disconnecting does wonders. Good that you're feeling better.

17 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh wow, nothing quite like a dull surprise face when about to put an arrow through someone's brain.

Or someone is about to take an arrow to the knee.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith