Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I feel like an idiot. An idiot for thinking and feeling about this game well beyond acceptable limits. An idiot for thinking that, because people write entire essays about their favorite games all the time. And an idiot for undermining your own mental-emotional Eden like this.

Do I regret buying this game? I don’t want to, I shouldn’t, I have absolutely no reason to. The recent GLAAD survey had 36% of queer gamers stating that video games helped them discover their sexuality. And there’s nothing wrong with falling in love with good fictional romance in general. -I’m an idiot for even considering being regretful about this, the wrongful regret being for how stupid it has been making me act. I'm stupid for so demeaning one's own undeniable feelings like this, and having the lack of self-esteem that makes such self-doubting possible. Self-doubt causing mental anguish? I guess I really am my first avi on this site, he from whom my SF username owes much derivation.😆

I’m stupid too for not just getting Eternights done. My mistake is what has given me time and space to overthink about it. -But I was only thinking of what would be mentally best for myself. Turns out I was wrong.

-And now I have a headache.😣

---

Interviewer: Lastly, could you give a message to the users who are enjoying playing the game?

Hosoi: The half-anniversary marks a milestone with the completion of the first part, but Resleriana is not over yet. We are preparing for many things, so please look forward to the first anniversary as well as the half-anniversary. We are also working on a new consumer* version of the Atelier series, so we hope you are looking forward to that as well.

Translator’s Note: *Consumer: Usually, it’s a word that means “consoles.”

@Armagon Not like you weren't expecting it? -From Famitsu.

• Replies 177.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Once the Invaders get taken care of... it's time. Domel gets in position, and more ships show up. This is it, the final showdown against Domel!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In limiting the MC, in making Chani sexually incompatible, it added weight. Yohan is gay, his intimacy with the MC is gay love.

To explain in more detail, with comparison.:

• With Rune Factory 5, I knew that everything every bachelor said to Ares, he’d say just the same to Alice (or slightly amended). I still greatly appreciated their dialogue, as I expressed here last year.
    • Yet, the Schrodinger of love called avatarsexuality could not be forgotten. This doesn’t add weight, it takes some away. (I still love ya Rigbarth guys! Please don’t take this the wrong way!!!😲)
  • And with Haven, straight and lesbian Yuus & Kays were also possible.
    • -Which didn’t prevent that game from putting me on a male-male intimacy emotional rollercoaster.😐
  • With Yohan, he didn’t magically have to be attracted to the MC, Chani just likes him as a friend. Nor is there a world where Yohan would order a girl to kiss him again. Yohan only kissed the MC me, because he was sincerely attracted to the guy in front of him. I’m the only one for him.
    • Without actively noticing it, this strengthened the precious moments’ impact on me.

This is in no way means I’ve suddenly turned against gender-agnostic avatarsexuality. What I’m saying, is that now I think I can better understand what restrictions add. Some would say “realism”, I’ll just call it “weight”.

Like, I’ve thought to myself before, checking the gaming news, “Another otome VN on the Switch -if only there was a guy protag option”. However, I did come to learn of the issues that such would bring, like redrawing CGs, and plot scenarios and the writing in general often demanding an expressly female protagonist in order to work. You can’t gender/sexuality-neutralize an extant dating-sim VN like you could the two Story of Seasons remakes.

After Eternights, I think I can intuit something else. If -hypothetically- I forced an otome to make a huge patch that edited in a male protagonist, I would be doing an offense to the intended audience of straight women. By converting their men from straight to avatarsexuals, I would be weakening the strength of their original convictions, of their vows to forever love the women for whom the genre was invented. I wouldn’t want to do that to them, just as I want Yohan to be eternally gay.

Interesting analysis. In this age where romancing options are usually demanded to have options for both, i didn't think what it meant having canonically straight characters and canonically gay characters, as opposed to just making everyone "bi". Cause the latter is what people prefer and you're still fine with that but if say, Fire Emblem went back to pre-established gay and straight characters, you would prefer that?

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I feel like an idiot. An idiot for thinking and feeling about this game well beyond acceptable limits. An idiot for thinking that, because people write entire essays about their favorite games all the time. And an idiot for undermining your own mental-emotional Eden like this.

Do I regret buying this game? I don’t want to, I shouldn’t, I have absolutely no reason to. The recent GLAAD survey had 36% of queer gamers stating that video games helped them discover their sexuality. And there’s nothing wrong with falling in love with good fictional romance in general. -I’m an idiot for even considering being regretful about this, the wrongful regret being for how stupid it has been making me act. I'm stupid for so demeaning one's own undeniable feelings like this, and having the lack of self-esteem that makes such self-doubting possible. Self-doubt causing mental anguish? I guess I really am my first avi on this site, he from whom my SF username owes much derivation.😆

I’m stupid too for not just getting Eternights done. My mistake is what has given me time and space to overthink about it. -But I was only thinking of what would be mentally best for myself. Turns out I was wrong.

-And now I have a headache.😣

---

Interviewer: Lastly, could you give a message to the users who are enjoying playing the game?

Hosoi: The half-anniversary marks a milestone with the completion of the first part, but Resleriana is not over yet. We are preparing for many things, so please look forward to the first anniversary as well as the half-anniversary. We are also working on a new consumer* version of the Atelier series, so we hope you are looking forward to that as well.

Translator’s Note: *Consumer: Usually, it’s a word that means “consoles.”

@Armagon Not like you weren't expecting it? -From Famitsu.

Yeah this has been stated before. I'll imagine we'll see something this year.

53pL8UovMQUdCleUEHN9Zu.jpg?ex=65f7b2d0&i

GRyRK87QbdKAwaOF84VruZ.jpg?ex=65f7b2d0&i

OKnIS3fnrB5Ge8sX2HIxOJ.jpg?ex=65f7b2d0&i

jvEOf8WSFfh5KsW7jdqCnN.jpg?ex=65f7b2d0&i

Honestly what this tells me is that not a single Ma-non in the history of their species has ever even considered suicide before.

Hm? Domel attempts some kind of strategy involving a warp device, but the heroes intercept it by having Akito Boson Jump right next to Domel's ship and destroy the device.

Well, that was a thing.

It's done.

Domel orders to evacuate ship, though the crew refuses to comply, not intending to abandon him. Despite Okita stating that the battle is over and to step aside, Domel refuses. He's a soldier to the bitter end, and though he doesn't regret they fought the Invaders together, he still can't abandon his duty. Yes, he's a Camus. With a final farewell, the ship blows up.

It's a somber mood all around the Yamato. With Domel choosing death, Mori kidnapped, and now Ito and Yabu are MIA too. Yurisha and Kodai talk. The former thinks that Mori was kidnapped because she was mistaken for her, but can't say any more than that. The answers, it seem, will have to wait at Iscandar itself.

Phew! That was a long stage... finally stopping here. Will resume next weekend...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

ZIFJimVjUexylHCIWmr7tV.jpg?ex=65f7bf2a&i

I understand that it's still under construction but the most realistic part of NLA is that it's still not a walkable city lmao. American car dependency reigns supreme. Just look at how the suburbs are away from everything else.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Interesting analysis. In this age where romancing options are usually demanded to have options for both, i didn't think what it meant having canonically straight characters and canonically gay characters, as opposed to just making everyone "bi".

Right after I wrote that, I was thinking of SoS and RF again. A totally out-there thought. Bear with me, if you want to.😅

• Like, what is avatarsexuality when -no duh- the franchises began with everyone being straight?
    • Mechanically, it's a concession to the changing of the times. That's the easy part to understand.
  • Maybe -call this a little gay inferiority complex I conjured up out of pure void in an infinitesimal moment😆- but is everyone "implicitly written/designed straight", and then made avatarsexual for sake of the queers afterwards?
  • I'm not just saying that for the two SoS remakes' characters, where it's factually true. I'm saying this even of new games and their bachelor/ettes.
    • I know that sounds weird, since anyone can be queer. There is no physical appearance or personality that "simply has to" belong to any sexuality.
    • Although -going off appearances which I just discounted- I could contradict my proposition. By claiming Murakumo is a bear, and take Ryker's kinda odd butterfly-laden attire, late night personality shift, and enjoyment working under the eccentric Palmo as signs he ain't entirely straight. On the female side, Ludmilla is the easy counter- a succubus could readily be a succubi.

I don't think I could possibly arrive at an answer to this. How would anyone get an answer?🤔 You could ask whoever wrote/drew up the characters, but then I'm asking about something in hypothesis so pervasive nobody would consciously see that they're doing it.

(BTW as a total aside, IRL, bisexual people hate it when their partners persistently think they're not truly bi, and are actually rooting only for the team the partner isn't on. It's a relationship-sinker.)

Cause the latter is what people prefer and you're still fine with that but if say, Fire Emblem went back to pre-established gay and straight characters, you would prefer that?

In Fire Emblem's case, we've a cast of at least 30 or so each game. (What's the PC count for Engage?) That's well in excess of a J/WRPG, or a dating sim.

• Let's make 10 of the 30 playable characters undateable. For reasons of being underaged, already married, too old, maybe voluntarily celibate, maybe asexual.
  • We split the remaining 20, all eligible for avatar-loving, equally male and female, so 10 each.
  • If we make half gay and half straight, that's 5 for whichever sexuality the player happens to be, double for bisexuality. (Though we should have bis, especially to avoid a Claude & Dimitri situation again.)
    • 5 is a common number of candidates for a dating sim VN, and one less than RF4/5. Not all that bad when you think of it like that.
      • -Although, wouldn't you expect to get a lot more bonding with the husbandos/waifus than you would in Fire Emblem? Has FE been hiding inferior quality behind sheer quantity?🤔

I think Fire Emblem could survive potential fan backlash on restoring pre-established sexual identities. It has numbers on its side.

Now, Rune Factory, that is tricker.

• Increasing the number bachelor/ettes risks diluting quality, so we can't really do that. People already complained about the ones in 5 as dull, I think. (I disagree, at least somewhat, possibly biased by not caring so much about the bachelorettes and being the only RF game where I could be myself.)
  • Maybe we could do 2 bi, 2 gay, 2 straight for each gender (do we try progressively slotting in a non-binary?). That'd be 4 options for straights/gays, and double for bisexuals.
  • That's... a loss of 1/3rd of choice compared to avatarsexual, not a terrible reduction. But it would require that the options available for each sexuality be sufficiently diverse and good. We simply couldn't have clunkers.

Although, if we're talking clunkers, methinks Persona would have it the roughest.😛 What's the usual cast size & composition? P5 is NaviGirl, Blonde Girl, Mature Girl, Other Girl, Royal Girl; Bro Guy, Other Guy, "Dating You Might Have... Challenges" Guy? How many viable NPC Confidants? I'd advise avatarsexuality here as a precaution.

-The smaller the number you begin with, the more pre-established sexualities can be a potential issue. Because nobody wants to play a dating game and discover they've only lemons to drive, like gay guys and Three Houses at launch. Although with pre-established sexualities and two avatar genders, you will inevitably leave some player(s) pining for another they can't have, the dev responsible has to accept that as the price of the realism or weight they're trying to add.

I'll be honest, I'm lucky that Yohan turned out sooooo well for me.😊 I was very afraid that he wouldn't. Otherwise I would've sat through a mandatory accidental peek at a girl undressing scene for nothing.😝

Oh, yes, what do I want? ...I'm a beggar, I'm not choosy.😆 As long as I can find some nice guy to woo, and can make me 😄 or better 😍, I'm fine.

...How many hours did I spend writing this? Two? Who really cares?😅

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly what this tells me is that not a single Ma-non in the history of their species has ever even considered suicide before.

I'm just impressed that conversation exists at all. Did you think you'd learn about what little aliens with falsetto voices think of suicide when you started XCX? It's dark, funny, and fascinating.😃

rhHfW1fchrHpmFITlNhJJR.jpg?ex=65f7b51a&i

-Suicide conversation claimed Ma-non are thoughtful and not emotional. -Calling another of your species a big jerk. -Does not compute.

GHy3F02aEAAucv8?format=jpg&name=large

Famitsu cover

More new & good art, I should not be surprised.😀

I understand that it's still under construction but the most realistic part of NLA is that it's still not a walkable city lmao. American car dependency reigns supreme. Just look at how the suburbs are away from everything else.

Maybe NLA was the mistake, the cities out west didn't have anything/enough of a past before the car. NNYC could've been different.

On 3/1/2024 at 6:29 AM, Lightcosmo said:

8d5b4a00a9469d0ecef1b580e0e46c25.png

Yes, yes, yes! I can't echo this enough, Crow.

Bah, men should get as many interesting outfits as the ladies in games.

On 3/1/2024 at 8:48 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Wrong - Some might be, but not even close to all. And Rewrites are definitely not "interpretation"

I think that rather depends on the nature of the rewrite, and how expansive you mean by that. As an example, lets talk about a bit of a rewrite in the project Naga translation of Genealogy of the Holy War. In the story segment of the prologue there is a point where the game quotes Sigurd near the end of it, where after hearing about Edain's kidnapping he exclaims "those barbarian", and while that sounds fine in the Japanese, in English it always came off as awkward and tone breaking for the map view wider section of the story. All the older translations were shackled to the more faithful version, and was even a frustrating hurdle when little high school me tried to translate it for funsies (I wouldn't quite get all that far, as it turns out even when you take enough Japanese in high school to try for college credits with the AP, the kind of vocabulary used in an elaborate fantasy feudal drama is not the kind of thing you generally learn, and so much of it was looking up obscure words that it became exhausting). The project Naga translation improved that section of the script by rewriting it to maintain the more distant tone of the rest of that overarching narrative, talking more about Sigurds feeling horrified by the event, and describing a Verdanite horde, rather than be shackled to that awkward exclamation he makes about them being barbarians in response to their actions. Something that I think a lot of people complaining about rewrites miss, these sections of differing translation aren't in isolation; you aren't just conveying information in artistic works like this, you are conveying things like tone, and character, and sometimes you need to make a bit of a departure to better capture what is going on, or emphasize what needs to be emphasized.

The best kind of translator is one who is ....invisible...who you don't see in the product you get.

And outside of extreme examples, that is what we have. Most of the time you have to cross reference multiple sources to notice anything even slightly different...

Stop putting all people in a box.

First off, I am not, I am pointing out that your little group doesn't exist in a bubble disconnected from the rest of the world. Also you are a bit fuzzy with putting yourself in a big box as well with how you talk about fans as a collective.

Ya know, last year during the Engage "drama" - you know who else complained about the translation? small parts of the LGBTQ community - and they pointed out why (The translation in some ways had less LGBTQ than JP version - which is why all the "woke" complaints made me laugh lmao.) - are you gonna put them in the same wave as people who harass translators or alt right bigots? When they don't wanna be near each other and hate each other?

I wouldn't but I could see why people would treat them as part of the same hate mob, especially if both of them were targeting the same individuals. If they were more generally criticizing the game, and localization without targeting individuals, I don't see how that could be mistaken. Its the targeting of individuals where it starts getting weird.

We have very clear & strict guidelines on how to deal with that.

They are not a part of your industry, and probably don't have the same guidelines you follow, and might not even have the external resources that make those guidelines function properly.

I had to because i wasn't even aware of the drama Armagon pointed out - and i am knee deep in animanga and gaming communities and i always get this happening very fast - only to find even said unsavory side not finding the translation bad.

I am not judging you for going to those sites, or knowing about them, or assuming you are a part of them, I am pointing out that the kind of people that organize harassment have similar enough interests in translations, that them using similar talking points to harass people is rather likely. You get so indignant about localizers reacting negatively to your branch of criticism, acting so "unprofessionally" when of course they would, people are using similar talking points to harass them, and sincerity isn't obvious in text form.

And discussing it in gaming forums don't count? Or in review spaces? That's some of the little tools we players/fans have. Making grievances loud and discussing them is a legit way to do so - or might as well delete gaming forums and review spaces because some abuse them.

Sure, that is fine, as long as you don't try singling out some named localizers as a bunch of villains. Really its the weird way you talk about, and treat the personal twitter of these people (and the IRL events, there is something a bit sketch about that too...), that are really sending up redflags.

On 3/2/2024 at 3:27 AM, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I got hit by "gamergate" (right wing) and "communism" in the same discussion.

You complain about me strawmanning, and drop this. The comparison isn't to you being right wing, its to your group and the people that were so desperate to talk about ethics in games journalism that they used gamergate as an excuse to really talk about it, and didn't get why they were met with hostility in the middle of a harassment storm.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:28 PM, Sidereal Wraith said:

Gentlemen my resolve is falling me. I’m now mildly interested in actually buying Unicorn Overlord out of sheer morbid curiosity, despite feeling that the story is a bit too utilitarian for my tastes. 

Just get the game, you know you want it. If you really aren't sure give the demo a try first.

On 3/2/2024 at 6:49 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know it'll come off as very sincere given the wall o'text above. But I'm sorry for throwing all this at you.🧎‍♂️ I'll turn down the semi-closeted (not here in our digital surefa (reed huts that people in the marshes of the Tigris have been living in for the past 5000 years), but I certainly ain't living loud & proud IRL 😅), Aspie, introvert, Japanophile nerd gayety now. I promise.😅

Your little walls of text peeking their way out of the closet with the mask of anonymity are really adorable (and I mean that in the best way possible, not to be dismissive), and whenever you feel the need for them, let them lose on the forum.

On 3/2/2024 at 10:23 AM, GuardianSing said:

Remembered to add something here. Most census data on the subject shows that the demographics are far more equal with gender, with males only getting a very slight majority and that getting smaller and smaller each year. It only often feels like a male dominated hobby because those are the people who most often dominate the online spaces regarding it which can create an unequal perception on who is actually playing these games most of the time.

Yeah, its funny how much people try to deny, or forget about that noticeable demographic shift. Part of it is just that people treat vidoegames as a far more niche hobby than it actually is nowadays...

On 3/2/2024 at 11:32 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the matter of demographics and data, I saw this last month.:

https://glaad.org/glaad-gaming/2024/

I haven't actually read it, just the Eurogamer article summary on it.:

https://www.eurogamer.net/nearly-1-in-5-gamers-are-lgbt-says-new-glaad-study

1452 self-reported PC/console gamers in the US sounds both like a small sample size and obviously limited in global scope. But limited data is better than none?

Now that is a very interesting demographic detail...

On 3/2/2024 at 11:43 AM, Armagon said:

>Half the QRTs actually defending this

There could be a Persona game in which if you press the wrong button, it bricks your console and there will somehow be Persona fans defending it.

Of all the Persona games, Persona 3 has by far the most narratively justifiable reason for MC death to lead to a game over, its just really spoilery...If you really are curious see spoiler box below

Spoiler

Ten years before the game the MC's body was used to seal in an incomplete form of the shadow representing the 13 arcana Death. The release of this shadow of Death would let it take on its role as the herald of the end of humanity, so letting the MC fall too early would be triggering an end of the world situation.

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

Personally, if it was me, i'd simply live. Death ain't got no hold on me, i'd simply Regenerate.

I'm simply built different.

Alright Armagon the Time Lord, sadly us mere humans don't have that luxury 😛 

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_20.png?ex=65f72d3d&is=65e4b83

Wait.......so that wasn't his stomach he was attacking me with.........oh no...........Ohhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooo

Never seen any of the classical Japanese images of Tanuki's and them using their massive ball sacks for ridiculous things? Honestly, try to look some of them up, they are very silly.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What I’m saying, is that now I think I can better understand what restrictions add. Some would say “realism”, I’ll just call it “weight”.

I guess the talk on this forum about mechanical bisexuality has become more relevant as you played. Its nice to see you come to appreciate my view on it a bit more.

I did stumble upon a slightly related youtube video relatively recently (while checking out Hbomberguy's recommendations at the end of his plagiarism video...), and almost shared it before, but its far more focused on bisexuality and poly. It is in the same ballpark at least, so I will leave it in the spoiler box if you are curious

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

…How is a game that is noooooowhere near masterpiece status, getting me to do so much thinking?😣 Because I’m one helluva an oddball.😑

If you waited for masterpieces to think about, and discuss games, games analysis would be a far more boring space. Even garbage can lead to interesting insights, so dig deep and find those diamonds of meaning in the rough.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Bah, men should get as many interesting outfits as the ladies in games.

I'm fine with their artists doing their thing the way they desire to. I have no desire to tell them how to do their job by saying "they SHOULD be going something".

Edited by Lightcosmo

image.jpg

I haven't seen this lady in any prior art.

---

@Armagon 

DD-Bolivia-Tiwankau-Condor-Devourer-Effi

Can you really say you're drinking chicha the right way, if it isn't in one of these?😛

Keros ritual cups used for chicha by the people of the city of Tiwanaku (in modern day Bolivia, in the Andes near Lake Titicaca) between AD 590-1150. The "Condor Devourer" motif as modern scholars call it.

I was reading some Archaeology yesterday, a one-off sunny day of low 60sF weather, good enough for me. I grabbed the magazine not really intending to read it, so much as to not look like I was sitting outside doing nothing. A cover to conceal my actual activity of baking in the sun as the rays of love continued to tan my soul.😆 But still, I read a bit.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Your little walls of text peeking their way out of the closet with the mask of anonymity are really adorable (and I mean that in the best way possible, not to be dismissive), and whenever you feel the need for them, let them lose on the forum.

Thank you!😃

I guess the talk on this forum about mechanical bisexuality has become more relevant as you played. Its nice to see you come to appreciate my view on it a bit more.

It's not that I was against it before. However, as with many things in life, reading something gives you only one level of understanding. Feeling, experiencing, receiving the gnosis insight firsthand, gives you another.🧘‍♂️

I did stumble upon a slightly related youtube video relatively recently (while checking out Hbomberguy's recommendations at the end of his plagiarism video...), and almost shared it before, but its far more focused on bisexuality and poly. It is in the same ballpark at least, so I will leave it in the spoiler box if you are curious

I watched the first ten minutes (at double play speed, doesn't take that long to read the captions), it's long, I'll watch more later.😉

...And now it has me thinking the games relevant to me specifically.😅 How would things feel if Rune Factory stayed player/avatarsexual, but brought back that old mechanic of which a few ancient fans are fond- rival marriage? That would require giving all the bachelor/ettes a "default" sexual interest. Would I want that dash of realism (b/c it's weird when you're the only young person looking for love in town), if it meant the man who charmed me most was possibly assigned a bachelorette as my rival for his heart? Would thoughts of inadequacy strike at me (as in the first, speculative, part in my post immediately prior to this one)?

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you waited for masterpieces to think about, and discuss games, games analysis would be a far more boring space. Even garbage can lead to interesting insights, so dig deep and find those diamonds of meaning in the rough.

And really, I should've put "masterpieces" in in quotes.😄 A "masterpiece" is a technical masterpiece, or a popular masterpiece, but we're all different, different things excite, provoke, touch our spirits.

I've seen photographs in National Geographic of the copepods in drops of regular water, of plant cells, of tree bark (why had I never heard of rainbow eucalyptus before?), of the leaf litter on the forest floor. From photographers who see the amazing in the tiny or "unattractive" things we usually ignore. -Not to put myself anywhere remotely near their level hahaha.😝

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How many viable NPC Confidants?

As far as I can tell, any women not explicitly a child is fair game for Persona protagonists.

Suicide conversation claimed Ma-non are thoughtful and not emotional. -Calling another of your species a big jerk. -Does not compute.

Pizza overrides everything.

Maybe NLA was the mistake, the cities out west didn't have anything/enough of a past before the car. NNYC could've been different.

I do wonder why LA specifically was chosen honestly. I know California has a sizable Japanese population but yeah, New New York would've probably been the first choice after Neo Tokyo.

Or....maybe because it was so obvious that they chose to go with LA instead. Maybe they were looking for the abbreviation too. NNY doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

all the Persona games, Persona 3 has by far the most narratively justifiable reason for MC death to lead to a game over, its just really spoilery...If you really are curious see spoiler box below

Like I get that but as I mentioned to 06 earlier, it's not the only game here the MC is that important yet MC death doesn't cause a game over in those games.

Now to be fair to P3 and FES specifically, you couldn't control the others and because item selection has to be manual (turn-based game), well.....but there's no reason why Portable and Reload had to keep it, as well as 4 and 5.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Never seen any of the classical Japanese images of Tanuki's and them using their massive ball sacks for ridiculous things? Honestly, try to look some of them up, they are very silly.

Being attacked by testicles was the way I found this out honestly.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

image.jpg

I haven't seen this lady in any prior art.

Neither have I. But given elf ears, it's easy to see where she might be found.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can you really say you're drinking chicha the right way, if it isn't in one of these?😛

Wonder if they got these for sale somewhere in Bolivia. I mean, not the actual artificats themselves, obviously but replicas. Drink chicha the original way.

9 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Just get the game, you know you want it. If you really aren't sure give the demo a try first.

It’s not going to be a day one purchase for me, if at all. I need more convincing on the story front before I shell out $60.

From my understanding, the flip side is that this doesn't set legal precedent since it's not being brought to court, so other emulators will be okay. At least, from this particular incident.

So, Unicorn Overlord has purportedly been leaked. Watch out for them spoilers folks.

I did want to bring up this one thing, though, because I believe it may be of interest to some. By some I mean @Interdimensional Observer This concerns the game's romance options. The only spoiler here is a broad description of who you can date in the game, nothing more.

Spoiler

SPOILER_image.png?ex=65f89a0e&is=65e6250

I won't lie, it doesn't surprise me that these developers don't know there are people out there who like men. And that Kaga is in the development team.

Also lmao the FE pfp, this game's entire following really is FE fans isn't it.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Icarus flew too close to the sun.

About what most expected. I just hope they don't try going after anyone else now. And that, if they do, they actually take them to court, win and Ninty eats shit. Too optimistic, I know.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hide contents

I won't lie, it doesn't surprise me that these developers don't know there are people out there who like men. And that Kaga is in the development team.

Spoiler

I like how they add "for some reason", as if the idea of marrying your cousin while being royalty in a medieval-esque setting was so mind-boggling foreign.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

About what most expected. I just hope they don't try going after anyone else now. And that, if they do, they actually take them to court, win and Ninty eats shit. Too optimistic, I know.

For anything still new, chances are lesser. Since it's easier to sell the piracy hurts narrative when the consoles and games are still in store shelves.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So, Unicorn Overlord has purportedly been leaked. Watch out for them spoilers folks.

I did want to bring up this one thing, though, because I believe it may be of interest to some. By some I mean @Interdimensional Observer This concerns the game's romance options. The only spoiler here is a broad description of who you can date in the game, nothing more.

Thank q!

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Really? How? Isn't 4Chan Inceland? Are we sure the "leak" isn't a lie?

13 Sentinels SPOILERS

Spoiler

13S had a gay couple. A couple I didn't actually adore, since Hijiyama was never truly open about his feelings, and Okino did too much teasing. And it was based apparently on a 1980s comedic manga about a crossdressing "female" lead and the male protagonist, so quite possibly based on very dated notions of queerness.

Nonetheless, for what flaws it had, a gay couple was a thing. In the most recent prior Vanillaware game. So this "revelation" surprises me.

22 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank q!

Hide contents

...Really? How? Isn't 4Chan Inceland? Are we sure the "leak" isn't a lie?

13 Sentinels SPOILERS

Hide contents

13S had a gay couple. A couple I didn't actually adore, since Hijiyama was never truly open about his feelings, and Okino did too much teasing. And it was based apparently on a 1980s comedic manga about a crossdressing "female" lead and the male protagonist, so quite possibly based on very dated notions of queerness.

Nonetheless, for what flaws it had, a gay couple was a thing. In the most recent prior Vanillaware game. So this "revelation" surprises me.

There's certainly a possibility I have just spread misinformation lol. I myself received this information second-hand - or more like third-hand, considering the image isn't even the leaker either. If anyone finds out I'm wrong and ugly, please do yell at me.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So this "revelation" surprises me.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

There's certainly a possibility I have just spread misinformation lol. I myself received this information second-hand - or more like third-hand, considering the image isn't even the leaker either. If anyone finds out I'm wrong and ugly, please do yell at me.

Saw something that corroborated Ruben's statement. The actual list and..... honestly, without actually being specific about it (vague general statement)

Spoiler

People are making the mistake of treating Alain like Robin, Corrin, etc. Because the actual list of romancable options is small, so Alain is really more of a Seliph or Roy.