Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I started Drakenhold and immediately two women were imprisoned (well one got out on her own).

Well, that as well xD

I was talking more in the gameplay and gameplay-story-integration side xD

And the fact that this game answers the question: What if FE4 was fun to play? 😛

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, OG character defeated. More Gardim show up, but only to grab them and leave, including the initial ones if still standing. Still, unlocked the secret at least.

Oh, I can attack the Large ELS after all. I have to target the map tile, but I can.

Okay, now only the Large ELS is left to defeat. Wow, it has 140,000 HP!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

57 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What if FE4 was fun to play? 😛

I said that during the demo but Drakenhold introducing multiple mandatory capture objectives made me see the vision.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I said that during the demo but Drakenhold introducing multiple mandatory capture objectives made me see the vision.

The maps keep getting bigger yh

Did you play that defense map yet? Was great

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The maps keep getting bigger yh

Did you play that defense map yet? Was great

I just finished the first major Drakenhold battle and imma swap over to Xenoblade X in a bit cause time's running out.

With the Large ELS defeated, events go as per the movie. Setsuna dives in, reaches the core, and connects his mind with it. He manages to actually communicate this time around, and let the ELS see they do not want to fight. Gimleh tells Dessler now's the chance to fire the cannon again, but then Gardim forces show up and attack them. Dessler knows that millennia ago Gardim and Iscandar fought over control of the Large Magellanic Cloud, and thinks Gardim are making a comeback. He leaves the Baleras II, as the Gardim infiltrate the ship. Yurisha considers this is the chance to rescue Mori. Thus Kodai and the OG Protagonist move in. Celestella, who knows Mori isn't Yurisha, wants to use her as a decoy, but it seems the Zaltzian don't despite that. Oshetto is killed, but the group manages to rescue Mori in time. But then a Commander android seems to hack into Nine and takes control of her! If not deduced before, this is where it's revealed it was Gardim who designed the VangRay OS. They ask for the OG protagonist to go with them, who comply, not wanting to abandon Nine. Dessler's ship descends to Gamillas, and Okita orders pursuit.

Thus the scenario ends...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

O.M.G.

So close to the end... so close to the end...

But that's enough for today. Will continue tomorrow.

Also, that was an interesting way to handle the Awakening of the Trailblazer plot. With the ELS not even in the same dimension. Now I do wonder what would happen afterwards. In the movie, the ELS remain in Earth orbit, now in co-habitation with humanity in the Earth Sphere. But here, the ELS live in the Large Magellanic Cloud. So... will they hang out between Iscandar and Gamillas now? Who knows. Maybe the game will answer that question later on...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ah, it's Daylight Savings Time again. Dammit US, keeping us tied to change the clock with you and we're not even part of your country...

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, it's Daylight Savings Time again. Dammit US, keeping us tied to change the clock with you and we're not even part of your country...

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I’m usually truckin eastbound by sunrise right now and that’s pretty rough depending on when you hit it. I’m hopin this will give a little relief, at least until the beginning of summer when I’ll be back in the same boat again 🙄

I had no idea other countries did that. Hell, I thought it was only our time zone

Somehow... Miyamoto returned.

I was wondering why it was taking so long to announce a second one. Besides that, The Thousand-Year Door remake and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD have release dates now (May 23 and June 27, respectively).

On 3/8/2024 at 11:02 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Ohlolololol, the invisible Campanella bug. Wasn't it stated it got fixed? XD

Campanella is a pretty tricky fellow, even the game itself isn't safe from him.

On 3/9/2024 at 8:14 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I should get around to playing that one of these days...

It's available for free, so it's worth trying out at least.

18 hours ago, Armagon said:

Why the fuck is a remaster of two 20 year old games fucking 50 GB?

I'm guessing at least 20 of those GB are from adding Kit Fisto and Ventress.

Scenario 49

The OG protagonist is brought before Ahlforz, who gives a history lesson about Gardim. They were not unlike Gamillas today. Thought their way of things was the best there was, and so wanted to share it to the rest of the Galaxy... by force, even if they wouldn't call it that. But then they encountered Iscandar, and war ensued. The talk then shifts to Nine, which Ahlforz first explains about Nevanlinna, the system designed to bring back Gardim from civilization collapse. It's not yet complete, and apparently Nine is needed to finish it? Either way, it all starts to make sense. The other OG protagonist got convinced it was better to use Nevanlinna to restore NCC's Earth than Iscandar's Cosmo Reverse System. In any case, the data they seek from Nine is all she learned about humans. Since, as it stands, the Gardim seen so far are all androids, with Ahlforz as the only one that isn't, it seems. Which isn't enough to rebuild society.

And here's where the catch comes in. Ahlforz does intend to keep his word on rebuilding Earth... after it's done with Gardim. Which will take... much more than what Earth has to live. Unless, of course, Earth becomes part of Gardim... whether humans like it or not. To be brought into Gardim doctrine. The Gardim Man's Burden, if you will. But first, wiping out Gamillas comes first...

Meanwhile, the Yamato has descended over the Gamillas capital, Baleras. Alright, time for a showdown against Supreme Leader Dessler! Who... actually seems to want for the battle to happen over the capital. Methinks he wants collateral damage on purpose. Dissidents? Or just plain sadism? Hmm...

So the dilemma here is that Tactical is a bit too easy. But Expert does the thing where it jacks up the stats for no reason and you run out of stamina really quickly.

Yeah idk Tactical just feels like the more balanced option.

Of course Shrimpy likes Expert but he also thinks Conquest Lunatic is well designed.

So, reducing Dessler's flagship below a HP threshold, he activates his trap card. He calls forth more ships... which get destroyed by the arrival of Gardim forces. Dessler retreats, likely intending for they and the heroes to destroy each other... and the city. Yeah, it's clear he wants Baleras destroyed. Wait... no, it's the Baleras II! He wants to drop part of it on the capital!? Okay, who told Dessler about the Axis Shock? That will destroy it, the heroes, and the Gardim in one strike. A "noble" sacrifice, as he puts it. And that's why it's the Baleras II. Once Balreas is wiped, he'll land the thing on Iscandar so it can be the new capital of the new union.

Yeah, all his officers he left behind... are definitely not that keen with that idea. Okita is quick to propose a cease-fire so the city can be evacuated... but Ahlforz refuses, and begin attacking the city. He allows for the heroes to flee, as he has an interest in the Yamato. But of course, they won't stand for him wiping out the Gamillas and take over Earth to rebuild Gardim. So the battle continues...

Oh, yeah, there's also a turn limit. Must defeat Ahlforz within four turns of his arrival.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So, a turn in, the Gamillas are shocked to see the heroes are protecting them. Meanwhile, inside the ship the OG protagonist tries to flee, but are caught. Nine shows up, and they tried to plead with her to snap out of it. Which works in the nick of time, and so Nine quickly hacks the other androids to stop.

Then a Soldier android arrives and... well, just with the Bio-Brain from the early game, this android seems to have awakened the original personality that was copied over. It was actually one of the androids that arrived to retrieve the other protagonist away last map, as it were. Anyway, despite Ghuli and Jamie being androids, they were originally actual people. First having their will and memories put into android bodies... and later those became mass-produced. But it seems enough resurfaced through their constant encounters with the heroes, as seen with this android here. Who didn't came alone, but the other OG protagonist is with them. I don't know if this goes different if I didn't do the secret step, but anyway, they've come around and want to abandon Gardim now. This Ghuli android doesn't feel like turning sides, he's just doing it to get even, and itching for one last battle. Thus, Soji, Chitose, and Nine escape.

Nine calls the old VangRay, which she had been repairing and improving all this time. So, it's now the VangRay II. They use it to escape, and if unlocked, this is what the other OG protagonist uses from now on. That said, Nine is staying behind. Has something to take care of first, it seems. The Ghuli android also deploys, ready to fight too.

Okay, let's continue!

Ah, it was so she could retrieve the VangNex. Okay, now we can resume!

Upon defeat, Ahlforz's ship blows up, seemingly killing him. The Yamato then gets in position to fire the WMG at the falling piece of the Balreas II. It might be a bit risky, but regardless, the thing is moving too fast to get a lock-on. But then, the thing starts to slow down... it's the ELS! They've come to help! They even are attacking Dessler's ship. With that speed loss, the WMG fires and destroys it. Dessler's ship is also assimilated by the Large ELS.

So... is it over? Nothing stands between them and Iscandar now.

The group goes over what they learned. Gardim and Iscandar fought a war millennia ago. Yurisha, as always, remains silent on the matter until they actually travel there. What she does say is that legend spoke of a Gardim fleet that survived. The 8th Fleet, which is what we've been fighting all this time. Turns out, they fled to the Milky Way. Gamillas sent forces to investigate... and the rest is history. More so since Nine's presence only confirmed the Gardim were indeed there or around at least. And then the Yamato made them come out of hiding, as they saw the Wave Motion Engine as a way to complete their Nevanlinna system.

With that, it's time. Time to pay Iscandar a visit...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Scenario 50

The scene begins with Okita, Bright, and Doctor Sado. Looks like Okita is on his last legs. So close, he doesn't want to die before he can see the Earth restored. The other two tell him he can take it easy, since all that's left is to pick up the Cosmo Reverse System and return.

Now, SRW has often done it where it has two endings. A standard one, and the True Ending. You know, like Mystery or Binding in FE. Sometimes it is unlocking a few more maps like in those FE games, but other times it's done as a route split. V is the latter.

Now, the requirement for the true route is thus: Must have at least 25 Aces and 1 Great Ace. But also, the Wave Motion Gun must've been used when fighting the Invaders. I already fulfilled that, so I get the choice. Which boils down to Okita agreeing the fighting is finally over for the Standard Route, or still thinking they still have hardships ahead for the True Route.

For this first playthrough, I'll go for the Standard Route.

Either way, Okita reminds them they still need to deal with Embryo and Amalgam. In any case, he'll return to the bridge to finally meet the Iscandarians.

In orbit above the planet, the group notes the Large ELS has taken the form of a flower. The same one it takes in the movie, basically. Okita gives small speech, and thus, the fleet descends to the planet. The group is in awe, though the Newtypes note something is off. Yurisha will take a small group to see her sister, the Queen. Which is mostly the Yamato crew, Bright acting as a stand-in for Okita, Setsuna, Nine, and the OG protagonist. Starsha, for her part, has been debriefed over what happened at Baleras.

Starsha is quick to point out they weaponized the Wave Motion Engine, but then muses on things like Setsuna bonding with the ELS. Yurisha then brings up all she has been while traveling with the group. The queen then wants to talk with Nine, and thus the meeting is adjourned for now. Back in the Yamato, the group can only wait. Setsuna then reveals he sensed despair coming from the queen. And the planet... lifeless, it seems. Yurisha comes back, wishing to speak with Mori. They talk of an element needed to finish the Cosmo Reverse System. Starsha is likewise informing Okita of this. Said element is... the Yamato. It will become the Cosmo Reverse System itself. As it were, the Queen can't hold the creation of the WMG against them, since Iscandar did made something similar. She only asks for humanity to not repeat the same sins they committed. She also reveals to Kodai that his brother is here in Iscandar. Well, his body and grave at least.

Now, it's the time to depart. Back home, to Earth. To save all three of them. Yurisha will head to Gamillas to help them in their current time of crisis. With one last hope they might see each other again, they bid farewells.

A Gardim android suddenly shows up before the Queen. She says Iscandar is now worthless. Seems they survivors are leaving the Large Magellanic Cloud back for the Milky Way... again. Oh boy...

The heroes make it all the way back to Balun. Seems a subspace gate is still working there. They found a Gamillas castaway inside, who is currently being interrogated. There's also now sighting of a ghost? Looks like Yurisha, but wears a Federation uniform. They think it is a manifestation of the Cosmo Reverse System. Curious...

Turns out, the castaway is Celestella. She's not keen on going back, now with Dessler gone. She doubts he's dead and... suddenly everything shakes.

Surprise! A Gamillas fleet approaches. Dessler loyalists.... no, it's him in the flesh! He wants the Yamato, the ship that defeated him...

The heroes deploy and... Ange and Sousuke are forced deployments? Oh boy...

This is it, the final battle against Dessler! And last Yamato-related battle of the game. At least in this route. Something to keep in mind, his ship has its own WMG... fun.

Geez, they all move first turn, even Dessler. His MAP weapon is 3 rows wide, so it shouldn't be hard avoiding it. Unless he actually doesn't care of friendly fire, but SRW AI in general does, regardless of what the characters themselves think.

Oh, nice, The Boy and the Heron won Best Animated Film.

---

He's down, Dessler is down! The group intends to leave him behind, but then Goer shows up with more ships. Celestella also tries to flee from the Yamato. Embryo then shows up, and proceeds to kidnap a few of the women of the group. Mainly some of the love interest characters. And if you recall, he already has a few captives already. But even then he went on to capture even more. Full count as it is: Mori, Lacus, Tessa, Yurika, Bernadette, Sally, Marina, Cagalli, Mineva, Berah, and Ange. Because Embryo is as Embryo does. He still wants his Harem for when he builds his new world. Then a dimensional distortion opens up...

And only now is the Scenario Card showing up.

The group ends up... back near Earth? All of them, actually. There they are, almost side by side. I can also spot what looks to be other Earth's, but are much farther away, and I don't think the game will ever explain which exactly are those. Anyway, there's also Arzenal, or a facsimile of, floating in outer space. Turns out, they aren't actually back, but looking at normal space from subspace still. Leonard is here too, and he and Embryo explain how the UC and NCC dimensions began as one, but split off at some point. Back when Dragunium/GetterRadiation almost destroyed the world. A divergenced occurred. One where the dragons survived, and another where things collapsed completely before bounding back. This allowed for NCC to also become part of the dimensional fusion. They're all converging on the singularity... Kaname. Kaname Sagara. Her version of the NCC Dimension. She lost her husband in a war, which led her to research a way to change the past. Simply put, what Leonard wants to do as well. The heroes compare him with Embryo, which actually upsets him. He just wants the world to reset after so many calamities and wars. Even at the cost of the current world.

Anyway, NCC!Kaname didn't quite succeed in traveling to the past, but did opened a dimensional door, which the Yamsk 11 Experiment got entangled with. So simply put, it was NCC!Kaname's desire to avoid the UC Dimension from following the same parth which reached out to those who became the Whispered in the UC Dimension. But this resulted in the wars of the UC Dimension to be more intense. And despite not being the same person, UC!Kaname still feels responsible for it. Hence why she just let Sophia take control.

Of course, the heroes won't stand for it, but the surprises aren't over. Goer still intends to fight, then all of a sudden Hokushin appears! So, he too was still alive. That's not all, they also deploy the Divinidad. Crux Dogatie's mobile armor... and the man himself too. He would often employ clones of himself with Bio Units, and this is no different for two more Divinidades with their own Dogatie show up. Stubbornly still alive to see the death of the Earth. Embryo's last Diamond Rose members and Amalgam members deploy as well.

So! This is quite the final battle esque set-up here.

We're wrapping the Cross Ange and Full Metal Panic storylines here, but we got plenty of party crashers around.

Embryo, Hokushin, three Dogatie's, Sabine, Fowler, two of Hokushin's Six, Goer, Tanya, and Irma. And then some Neo Zeon, Jupiter Empire, Amalgam, and Gamillas mooks. Plus some AI controlled Glaives.

Objective is to defeat only Embryo, but surely that can't be all...

Man, this stage is loooooong, heh...

Edited by Acacia Sgt