Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I could say the same about you insulting the shit out of games you don't like all the time. You don't say "I don't like it", you say they're bad. And you don't see the thread as a whole start going "oh boy this again 🙄"

Not to say I enjoy that either. Silence is not meant to be taken as implicit approval.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And that's the last I'll say about that here, I think. Knowing everyone hates to talk about this, I probably shouldn't have bitten back with the designs when you started with Kaga. Sorry.

I mean, you don't have to stop. I'll confess that if I had my way with the entire Internet, I'm afraid I'd rule it like a bit of an Ashera, demanding too much harmony, order, and only "civil" discussion.😅

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not to say I enjoy that either. Silence is not meant to be taken as implicit approval.

I mean, I'd be lying if I said I don't get it. Ocasionally there's certainly conversations that make me go "I really don't feel like tackling this right now." But I try to just... well, not tackle it. Still, this is a recurring topic, and I can understand being annoyed when I make it rear its ugly head again.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean, you don't have to stop. I'll confess that if I had my way with the entire Internet, I'm afraid I'd rule it like a bit of an Ashera, demanding too much harmony, order, and only "civil" discussion.😅

Well, I don't really have much else to add, in any case. I got the disses out of my sistem. Think I'll just retreat to the solace of giving a cast of characters I like horrible tragic deaths. Today's a double-dish - Gerik and Saleh, step up and wave!

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

There is a double standard, but it's the entire opposite of what you are describing. Imagine any "Western" game getting away with shit like Fates' molestation mini-game or Awakening letting you impregnate this kid
nono_confess.jpg

...or letting one of your friends impregnate her so you can impregnate her daughter instead, as the case may be.

...what exactly are you complaining about? Xd

Like, i dont understand. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The artstyle is hideous to me - that's what it means to not like it. If it looked good to me, I'd like it. I'm not saying they have to change to appeal to me, they can do whatever they want. I'm just saying I don't like it.

I feel that this argument is much different than the one about Nowi above for example. Arguing... that she is too young? I mean, arguing this for morality's sake is silly when you are playing a game that is based around killing people. Is that "moral"? I don't think so, but anyone can realise it's a game, right? So it's just consciously accepted. So why is the gameplay excused but the character design is not?

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I feel that this argument is much different than the one about Nowi above for example. Arguing... that she is too young? I mean, arguing this for morality's sake is silly when you are playing a game that is based around killing people. Is that "moral"? I don't think so, but anyone can realise it's a game, right? So it's just consciously accepted. So why is the gameplay excused but the character design is not?

Uh, Armagon was whining about a supposed double standard against Japanese games. Do you not read what the posts you are quoting are replying to?

Just now, BrightBow said:

Uh, Armagon was whining about a supposed double standard against Japanese games. Do you not read what the posts you are quoting are replying to?

I -did- ask a question that you obviously refused to answer. XD

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Also, that doesn't really answer any of what I had said. Why argue morality in a game that clearly has none? lmao

Nothing you said is in any way applicable to what is being talked about.

Although given how much like shouting "Xd" and "lmao", I imagine you aren't actually sincere about what you are posting in the first place. 

Edited by BrightBow

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Nothing you said is in any way applicable to what is being talked about.

I asked you your opinion, and you refuse to give it. I don't give a damn about the rest of that. What do any of their opinions have to do with me asking you a question?

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Fates' molestation mini-game

Yeah, this right here shows exactly the double standard being talked about.

Do you even know what exactly Skinship is? Skinship is a real thing, practiced in many East Asian cultures. It takes on many forms (even hugging and kissing can be considered Skinship, in a way), but physical contact is a core aspect of it. Since that's what the word derives from. Skin + Kinship. That's why it got added into the game as a way to increase support points. Since that is pretty much what it is.

You can not like it. That's fine. But to call it outright molestation just displays a level of cultural ignorance and a disrespect to other people's cultures, I'd believe.

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, this right here shows exactly the double standard being talked about.

Do you even know what exactly Skinship is? Skinship is a real thing, practiced in many East Asian cultures. It takes on many forms (even hugging and kissing can be considered Skinship, in a way), but physical contact is a core aspect of it. Since that's what the word derives from. Skin + Kinship. That's why it got added into the game as a way to increase support points. Since that is pretty much what it is.

You can not like it. That's fine. But to call it outright molestation just displays a level of cultural ignorance and a disrespect to other people's cultures, I'd believe.

I dunno, I think it's normal to want physical contact as a way of showing love.

7 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I dunno, I think it's normal to want physical contact as a way of showing love.

Oh, sure, it is common in many cultures. But East Asia does do it in a different level, and more.

Since you also have the concept of Hadaka no Tsukiai. Which is bonding... while naked. The most common known is during bathing time, or just straight up a Furo scene. Which is why anime and video games have lots of bath / hot spring scenes. Since those are meant to be based on Hadaka no Tsukiai. They do have to depict them with bathing suits or towels in media, but usually that kind of stuff is meant to be done while they're naked. Which is why even entire families bathing at the same time is a thing, as well as public baths, sometimes not even gender-segregated. In real life, this kind of practice did dropped a bit when Japan tried to emulate the West during the Meiji Era. As they, naturally, were bothered by the concept when they saw Japan doing it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, sure, it is common in many cultures. But East Asia does do it in a different level, and more.

Since you also have the concept of Hadaka no Tsukiai. Which is bonding... while naked. The most common known is during bathing time, or just straight up a Furo scene. Which is why anime and video games have lots of bath / hot spring scenes. Since those are meant to be based on Hadaka no Tsukiai. They do have to depict them with bathing suits or towels in media, but usually that kind of stuff is meant to be done while they're naked. Which is why even entire families bathing at the same time is a thing, as well as public baths, sometimes not even gender-segregated. In real life, this kind of practice did dropped a bit when Japan tried to emulate the West during the Meiji Era. As they, naturally, were bothered by the concept when they saw Japan doing it.

I don't think Fates' is extreme at all, if that's what the topic at hand is about. What can be defined as "extreme"? That simply depends on the individual.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I don't think Fates' is extreme at all, if that's what the topic at hand is about. What can be defined as "extreme"? That simply depends on the individual.

Mhm, that's pretty much it.

Guys help me out

GIo6Y4oaMAAdWN9?format=jpg&name=large

GIo6Y4mbEAA5ow2?format=jpg&name=large

I feel like these two characters are referencing something but i just can't put my finger on it. It doesn't ring any bells. Anyone have any ideas, cause lord knows i don't.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And that's the last I'll say about that here, I think. Knowing everyone hates to talk about this, I probably shouldn't have bitten back with the designs when you started with Kaga. Sorry.

Are we really Fire Emblem fans if we don't dunk on Kaga at least a little bit?

Honestly, i think it was the "looks like AI" that got me. That's a.....very serious accusation to make in the art world these days. 

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

...what exactly are you complaining about? Xd

Like, i dont understand. 

He's complaining about things Game of Thrones got away with.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/03/famitsu-sales-3-4-24-3-10-24

Very strong start for UO - and that's with shortage problems - apparently so bad, VW had to apologize for it?

They didn't think it would sell that well.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I feel like these two characters are referencing something but i just can't put my finger on it. It doesn't ring any bells. Anyone have any ideas, cause lord knows i don't.

It references the same thing Berwick Saga also referenced a few times.

This really is a Kaga game in disguise lmaoooo

Are we really Fire Emblem fans if we don't dunk on Kaga at least a little bit?

Fair point, but...

Honestly, i think it was the "looks like AI" that got me. That's a.....very serious accusation to make in the art world these days. 

Perhaps I was overly harsh there, yes. Once again, to be clear, I never meant to imply it is AI art. It's just, well... Yeah.

It's so over fellas.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This game even does the TRS thing of having so many characters connected. Granted, the connections are just that and not "Holmes' dad couldn't keep it in his pants".

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Once again, to be clear, I never meant to imply it is AI art. It's just, well... Yeah.

You weren't implying it but it's probably not the way you want to express a criticism. I mean, one of the Oscar hosts a few days ago said that the latest Transformers movie could've been written by AI and that....went about as well as you would expect. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

150%

One of the most games to ever Kaga honestly. Kaga could learn Kaga from them

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They didn't think it would sell that well.

The game atm has verrrrrrrrry positive word of mouth

It's so over fellas.

Status of murican games in a nutshell

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

The game atm has verrrrrrrrry positive word of mouth

The children yearn for Tactics Ogre.

It also got a very good boost because the director of Final Fantasy Tactics said to just go play UO if you wanted a new FFT (the gameplay is obviously different but the vibes are there).

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Status of murican games in a nutshell

I was looking forward to it too 😔

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

He's complaining about things Game of Thrones got away with.

What does that mean? I am honestly confused lol. 

It also got a very good boost because the director of Final Fantasy Tactics said to just go play UO if you wanted a new FFT (the gameplay is obviously different but the vibes are there).

Also almost every FE player i know is playing it
and 70% going "this Kaga" lmao