• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

43 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Oh wow, to lose Zayid of all people. What a scrub.

That moment when Kaga is as good at Fire Emblem as me.

I wonder if I should play something from the NSO next. Mystery, Genealogy, or Binding would be fun. Or perhaps something other than a SRPG this time. Maybe start Torna...

Why am I struggling so much with a single scene, aaaaaaaaaaaah...

Maybe since it's a two person conversation.

Seems the explanation marks on the portraits indicate Talks. That's convenient.

And it seems that Silken Knight Merida was moved into chapter 5. That most certainly addresses her biggest problem compared to regular Merida. And Light Cavalry movement in chapter 7 sounds pretty amazing. Of course I was always perfectly happy to ignore that event, so I didn't exactly mind that SK Merida was not worthwhile anyway.

Seems there are more changes, though. This looks like the Dandelion in her inventory. Or maybe she gets a different pref spear with the same number of uses.
Also a pref shield in her inventory, which is likely responsible for the +5 in defense.
And 2 new skills. Which may or may not be tied to her shield.

32 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Seems the explanation marks on the portraits indicate Talks. That's convenient.

And it seems that Silken Knight Merida was moved into chapter 5. That most certainly addresses her biggest problem compared to regular Merida. And Light Cavalry movement in chapter 7 sounds pretty amazing. Of course I was always perfectly happy to ignore that event, so I didn't exactly mind that SK Merida was not worthwhile anyway.

Seems there are more changes, though. This looks like the Dandelion in her inventory. Or maybe she gets a different pref spear with the same number of uses.
Also a pref shield in her inventory, which is likely responsible for the +5 in defense.

Kaga realized people prefered to avoid the Silken Knight event and decided he needed to encourage it more.

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It does says Dandelion. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure there was a list released months ago saying that she now kept it. I do recall reading about that, at least.

Also, that "shield" (icon is a dress/robe)... is called the Funny Robe? Like, Funny? Unless ファニー (fanii) is some other word I'm not getting...

I suppose her keeping the Dandelion now does make it even more awkward that she doesn't get her armor back too.
Before that part was obvious. She was robbed of all her valuables, weapons, armor, horse and whatnot, before getting sold herself. Her new horse is a priced horse that she specifically stole as part of the event. But she has no way to reclaim any of her old gear.

Idk, maybe now the pirates simply leave her Spear laying around in chapter 3, and you can reunite it with it's owner later. Would also serve as a nod to the player that Merida is not gone for good.

Btw

Where is IO? Last i remember he got UO then he disappeared. Did he got lost in the game as much as i did the first werkend i got it?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Btw

Where is IO? Last i remember he got UO then he disappeared. Did he got lost in the game as much as i did the first werkend i got it?

He last visited five hours ago, so he's around, at least.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Btw

He was avoiding the SRW V spoilers, no doubt.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Btw

Where is IO? Last i remember he got UO then he disappeared.

I'm still here.😉

...I haven't touched UO even once yet, still in the plastic wrap. So much for simul-play, sorry!😅 The delay on me getting it lowered the mood, and then -this is just a weird overly-sensitive quirk of mine no offense to anyone😆- the critique of 🍦's art led me to want to put a few days' pause before starting it, just to kinda forget that -perfectly fine- spat.

-But I admit I've delayed for too long.😑 I had intended to only to do maybe two Endless Space 2 runs before starting UO ...I've logged like 90 hours into the game since the Re-Awakening update. 4X games are baaaaaad for me. I've more or less completed matches with 9/12 of the factions now (including two with the United Empire), a few only after some serious map-rerolling. I've binged too much.😵

Other than that, well, I haven't done anything.😅 Still haven't picked out a therapist yet (someone is egging me into getting it done this time, so I probably will before the month is over, at last), despite this month's earlier internal sound and fury. Because I rotate between storm-of-the-century, and a windless, waveless dead-calm sea; the latter later leads to the former. And when I haven't been playing ES2, I've been enraptured in yet another of my many puerile self-insert melodramatic love daydreams. (A mecha-styled one. I would sell my soul for a Yaoikura Wars.🤣) Which oddly doesn't trigger the same sense of despair at ever finding a guy I had been seriously going through earlier this month. I don't get me as much I seriously try. -And I've been a tad disappointed this one little gayme I've been eyeing isn't part of the Steam spring sale.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Man, what a journey. Or should I say, a Voyage? It was awesome... so awesome... the things you guys miss, tsk tsk tsk. Well, more SRW goodness for me and Interdimensional, then.

🍻

There's little like it.😄

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

He was avoiding the SRW V spoilers, no doubt.

Admittedly, I didn't read a ton of it since there is a chance I'll eventually get V. And neither am I fully familiarized with the licenses included, and those of which I do have familiarity -well it's not always complete.

So close to finishing Chapter 9. I waned to finish it tonight... but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Okay, I think it's finished. Gotta go over it one last time before being sure it's good to be uploaded.

Judging by the arrow going from Bonacel to Athol, I guess he really did manage to implement a Berwick-style Guard skill. That's really cool.
Presumably that means 3 range Hoelun also worked out.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

something that is fun can never be bad for you 😉

It's "bad" in a carefully-defined sense of the word.

Thinking about the last game I was playing before the current Endless Space 2 binge, the contrast is starkly day and Eternights.☀️🌙

• The Game of My Heart (I still instantly smile thinking of him😆) was short, only 13.5 hours total. I was playing specifically for the feels, and those only really happened in the last four-five hours of the game. During which I felt more happy to be alive than ever before.🥴
  • With 4X games like ES2, I'm purely in it for the gameplay. Which is very tempting to me, because I'm so danged hesitant when starting anything with story/world to be attentive to. I can jump in at any time. With this genre, hours instantly pass by without me ever realizing it. I enter a kind of emotionless trance, during which you could give me a double amputation and I would possibly not feel it, to mildly exaggerate.

It's the sheer effortless time consumption of 4X games, which could've been spent on fresher, more lively, and certainly shorter games, that bothers me about them.😐 I coulda gotten through UO, Ys II, and started on XC3 in all the hours I've just wasted on ES2.😑 ...Maybe tomorrow for UO.

15 hours ago, Armagon said:

GI_sDiha0AAnSnt?format=jpg&name=large

Finally man.

That’s a cool lookin pic there. Dungeon lookin places always grab my attention 

23 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Some inspiration to lead your troops Shrimp-kun:

Could put on some war anthem kinda music 😎

May I suggest “A Fine Day to Die” by Bathory...