• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok so @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- massive difficulty spike if you come into Albion via Elheim. Had to set this Side Quest to Tactical just to beat it cause hooo boy, I wasn't prepared for that.

Is it separated by chapters like a FE game? 

How far into it are you?

Just now, Capt. Fargus said:

it separated by chapters like a FE game? 

Nah, it's more open-world. But I'd say it's like a mix of open-world and Metroidvania with intended sequence breaks. Cause you can technically make your own path but there's a clear intended path as well and it goes beyond just recommended levels.

Man, it feels long... but well, time to resume Trails SC.

Got a dungeon to clear with Team Rocket...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

sgqyd6c.jpeg

>Leafy Boy

>We got trouble

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok so @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- massive difficulty spike if you come into Albion via Elheim. Had to set this Side Quest to Tactical just to beat it cause hooo boy, I wasn't prepared for that.

Eh it was fine

Unless you did it before finishing furryland?

That said yeah i had to go zooming, and those Angel Archers with blind are pretty annoying...thankfully Elven Archers hard counter them lol (but i am only using one Elven Archer...)

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

GJEK6PqaIAEup7p.png?ex=660c7f8c&is=65fa0

GJEK6PfawAAazfW?format=jpg&name=large

Can i get RNG manipulation for 500?

Ye lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Unless you did it before finishing furryland?

Nah.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

That said yeah i had to go zooming, and those Angel Archers with blind are pretty annoying...thankfully Elven Archers hard counter them lol (but i am only using one Elven Archer...)

The final Albion battle has me popping Ashes like no tomorrow to bring my defeated squads back. Shit's fucking insane man.

Like it's just reinforcement vomit at this point, something the game was as a whole very good at not doing.

Lex: "Why Elves nekkid?"

Railnoar: "Fairies hate armor"

Lore moment

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The final Albion battle has me popping Ashes like no tomorrow to brin

Not that far yet - have to try and sleep because gotta work in like 4 hours

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like it's just reinforcement vomit at this point

You should have 10 5 man Squads at this point no?

That should help

Also use Valor attacks to stop reinforcements from spawning. Heavy Swing is cheap and is ideal for this

Alright, Chapter 4 at last.

When airship travel became involved, thought it would shake things up, but it's still just going around Liberl in a circle. Ah well. Okay, reached Rolent, will continue tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Lex: "Why Elves nekkid?"

Railnoar: "Fairies hate armor"

Lore moment

I liked that they even acknowledged that yes, bikini armor offers no actual protection and getting hit would be pretty bad. But if they can't hit you, then it's no big deal.

But also even with that, Zenoria's army was too strong.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You should have 10 5 man Squads at this point no?

I have 9 lol. I mean i could've gone and grinded it out but...

Warning: the Viking squads in this map hit hard and this is on Tactical.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I have 9 lol. I mean i could've gone and grinded it out but...

I am 100 honor points away from the last squad without any grinding - and you're ahead of me....

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I am 100 honor points away from the last squad without any grinding - and you're ahead of me....

I may have focused a bit more on promotions...

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ahhhh that makes sense

Honestly i would've had the Honor requirement for five unit squads set to 100 instead of 200. It's still a hefty amount but it'll round out your squads once 5 unit squads start becoming commonplace in Bastorias and Albion.

All right, that's all regions liberated (minus the final stretch of Cornia). But still some Main Quests left to do. And Rapports. And some other minor stuff.

Kinda amazing how every aspect of this game's writing is pretty awesome except the actual main plot. It really is just like Xenoblade X lol.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Kinda amazing how every aspect of this game's writing is pretty awesome except the actual main plot. It really is just like Xenoblade X lol.

A moment's thought- doesn't that to some degree fit with Vanillaware's record? Their prior emphasis on multiple character stories resulted in something of a deemphasized -or not at all present in Muramasa- central narrative. A focus on branches and their leaves, not the trunk of the tree.

Ok these Alain/Girl A-Rapports might actually make this canon

AlainCHad.png?ex=660cd00e&is=65fa5b0e&hm

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A moment's thought- doesn't that to some degree fit with Vanillaware's record? Their prior emphasis on multiple character stories resulted in something of a deemphasized -or not at all present in Muramasa- central narrative. A focus on branches and their leaves, not the trunk of the tree.

Hmmm. You kinda have a point? Odin Sphere and UO are very character-focused while 13 Sentinels leaned more towards the central plot (even if the character stories made up to that). I'll have to through GrimGrimiore to get a feel for that one.

And obviously Dragon's Crown does not really have a plot. 

But i'd say UO's central narrative is kinda generic, at least a good kind of generic. I don't mean in a "simple is best" way like with Odin Sphere's obvious fairy tale vibe but the plot itself doesn't really do a whole lot, though the worldbuilding does stand out imo.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Hmmm. You kinda have a point? Odin Sphere and UO are very character-focused while 13 Sentinels leaned more towards the central plot (even if the character stories made up to that). I'll have to through GrimGrimiore to get a feel for that one.

My memory of the game is already fading, but I think I felt the character stories more than the core narrative. I mean I -mostly- understood it, I think, ...but then the story didn't wow me as I regretfully wrote. So maybe that's the reason (not like the cast was that much better for me, unfortunately). Or maybe it's because the central narrative is torn up between all the cast members not really? did some even contribute anything to it?, and it is easier to remember how they individually unfolded than how things were revealed.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't mean in a "simple is best" way like with Odin Sphere's obvious fairy tale vibe

"Simplicity" for Odin Sphere? Kamitani was inspired by the Ring Cycle, that grandiose four-part work of opera that's hardly what I'd call unambitious. -The individual character stories are easy to follow yes, and not excessively detailed. Yet unless memory fails me, there's a certain gusto put into the tales. The English localization resorting to imitating a Shakespearean tone appropriately added an element of loftiness to the dialogue.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly i would've had the Honor requirement for five unit squads set to 100 instead of 200. It's still a hefty amount but it'll round out your squads once 5 unit squads start becoming commonplace in Bastorias and Albion.

Otoh that would make the game even easier, something the game defo doesn't need

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hmm

I quite disagree. Even outside of main plot i am quite eh on writing, world building aside.

Supports are too Alain-centric, romance whatevs, quite a few 🤨 decisions, side quest writing is no better than main plot, in some cases worse even, etc.

The one good thing writing wise is that the side cast is involved in the plot, but that's it imo.

And well, ganeplay-story-integration is superb

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ok these Alain/Girl A-Rapports might actually make this canon

AlainCHad.png?ex=660cd00e&is=65fa5b0e&hm

So many promises lmao

Also Scarlett smh my head

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Supports are too Alain-centric

That's a strange way to spell Rean. Xd

Edited by Lightcosmo