• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Virginia, obviously. Go full meme.

Biggest arguement against Virginia is that ahe can't make good use of the Ring, since she's a dual shield user

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

No, not that meme.

...Or wait, isn't she the cousin? Now I'm thinking I've mixed things up...

24 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Biggest arguement against Virginia is that ahe can't make good use of the Ring, since she's a dual shield user

Big oof.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

isn't she the cousin? Now I'm thinking I've mixed things up...

Yes

But she also can kick your assxD

Her Ring event is like "I will be taking the Ring now" xD

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Big oof.

She has 1 non shield slot, but i am using that to increade her guard rate to 100%

Ring gives +5 all stats, but that means 25% less guard

Rosa can make the best use of the Ring (along Elto), since they are both mixed attackers

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My memory of the game is already fading, but I think I felt the character stories more than the core narrative. I mean I -mostly- understood it, I think, ...but then the story didn't wow me as I regretfully wrote. So maybe that's the reason (not like the cast was that much better for me, unfortunately). Or maybe it's because the central narrative is torn up between all the cast members not really? did some even contribute anything to it?, and it is easier to remember how they individually unfolded than how things were revealed.

It's more like, 13 Sentinels' main plot has much more of a bigger focus than any Vanillaware game that came before....or after.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Simplicity" for Odin Sphere? Kamitani was inspired by the Ring Cycle, that grandiose four-part work of opera that's hardly what I'd call unambitious. -The individual character stories are easy to follow yes, and not excessively detailed. Yet unless memory fails me, there's a certain gusto put into the tales. The English localization resorting to imitating a Shakespearean tone appropriately added an element of loftiness to the dialogue.

I meant it as like a general vibe. I said this when I beat the game too, Odin Sphere felt like a fairy tale with the whimsy and all that.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Supports are too Alain-centric

Are you sure you don't just mean he has the most of them? He's guaranteed one convo with everyone but that's only because he's the main character. But saying the Rapports as a whole are too Alain-centric is something I don't agree with considering there's a ton that aren't about him.

side quest writing is no better than main plot, in some cases worse even, etc.

I also disagree here because a lot of them feel more personal to the characters and I'm always up for personal stories.

Probably why I like the Albion arc the most? I think? It def felt more personal than the other arcs.

smh my head

Shake my head my head.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

She has 1 non shield slot, but i am using that to increade her guard rate to 100%

Ring gives +5 all stats, but that means 25% less guard

Rosa can make the best use of the Ring (along Elto), since they are both mixed attackers

Going for efficiency rather than vibes. Truly, a Fire Emblem player /s

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Are you sure you don't just mean he has the most of them? He's guaranteed one convo with everyone but that's only because he's the main character. But saying the Rapports as a whole are too Alain-centric is something I don't agree with considering there's a ton that aren't about him.

It's kinda both

There's also the fact that not many outside Alain have more than 1 convo with each other. Sometimes, two, rarely three. Which makes it all a bit Alain-centric

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

also disagree here because a lot of them feel more personal to the characters and I'm always up for personal stories.

Personal yes, maybe, but not really well written imo. More often than not i find myself facepalming and/or laughing.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Shake my head my hea

Scarlett deserves the double. Hmph.

Going for efficiency rather than vibes. Truly, a Fire Emblem player /s

You see Virginia is only vibes. Rosa is both vibes and efficiency!

I think this is the first time I've seen that bird. I guess it is supposed to be the banner animal of Sinon then? Don't think it's used in the game anywhere. I mean, there is a banner animal on the unit screen, next to the weapons skills. But it's just the same lion that is seen in the Narvian throne room.

Alain rizz levels reaching critical mass.

How does he do it?

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

There's also the fact that not many outside Alain have more than 1 convo with each other. Sometimes, two, rarely three.

This def kinda a double edged sword but on the other side, it stops chains from being longer than they need to be and thus, they don't have to always come up with a new scenario for B and A.

but not really well written imo. More often than not i find myself facepalming and/or laughing.

They seemed perfectly fine to me so i guess we'll just agree to disagree here.

Scarlett deserves the double. Hmph.

See the reason you dislike Scarlett is because you're also a tsundere and can't stand when there's another tsundere in the room.

Gottem.

I wonder if Jamulan also got buffed.
He is made out to be a titan in combat and a brilliant tactician who even got the better of the combined forces of Gyshkal and the Nyman League, but as a unit he never lived up to the hype. Mediocre stats and locked to a weapon type that does not forgive mediocrity.
And buffing units that go with Cyltan seems like a good idea in general. Besides Hilda and possibly Dune, his side is really lacking in heavy hitters.

Of course if he were to get buffed, it would be a problem in the warcrimes chapter, since you need to wall him for a while. Not that I would mind if that chapter received a massive overhaul.

Alain rizz levels reaching critical mass.

Dating Sim MC 😛

34 minutes ago, Armagon said:

See the reason you dislike Scarlett is because you're also a tsundere and can't stand when there's another tsundere in the room.

Gottem.

Tsunshrimp

Hmph.

45 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I wonder if Jamulan also got buffed.
He is made out to be a titan in combat and a brilliant tactician who even got the better of the combined forces of Gyshkal and the Nyman League, but as a unit he never lived up to the hype. Mediocre stats and locked to a weapon type that does not forgive mediocrity.
And buffing units that go with Cyltan seems like a good idea in general. Besides Hilda and possibly Dune, his side is really lacking in heavy hitters.

Of course if he were to get buffed, it would be a problem in the warcrimes chapter, since you need to wall him for a while. Not that I would mind if that chapter received a massive overhaul.

I found him perfectly fine on my second run. Guy's more defensive-oriented, he can tank a few mean hits. And he made great use of the war pick.

That being said, yeah, the wombo-combo of being offensively unimpressive and being stuck with Vestaria's axes is unfortunate. He could probably use a bit of a buff.

Wreck it Ralph meets Battle Network.

46 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Dating Sim MC 😛

They should've let you go harem route with how these A-Rapports tend to end up lmao.

These are so funny if Alain already married someone.

55 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They should've let you go harem route with how these A-Rapports tend to end up lmao.

Galerius unifying the continent through war:

Alain unifying the continent through love: ✔️

Alain unifying the continent through love: ✔️

Hooray, how exciting. I am ecstatic.

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

All you need is love
All you need is love
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need

He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Aramis x Primm OTP and i will not hear otherwise

Not if Observer has anything to say about it.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Not if Observer has anything to say about it.

-Hey! It's not like I can't acknowledge a good straight pairing.😛 

Although the only such couples I'm especially fond of are Reiji & Xiaomu and Kyosuke & Excellen. -Not to say others are worthless ofc. Jr. & MOMO are cute, innocent, physically young (b/c the relevance of actual age is complicated with them) love together. Sagi & Milly nice -but we can't forget Guillo. Fei & Elly are good too ...although there's always something that diminishes it in the back of my head, owing to the fact they're basically programmed to love each other. Although, thinking about it, it would've been something more unique in gaming writing had the Antitype been continually reincarnated as a mother figure as in the first incarnation, instead of a lover. I'll ignore the possible Freudian allusion reasons for this, and say the Wave Existence did that because it was easier than staggering the rebirths of the Contact and Antitype by about 17~30 years. Plus, Fei already has mommy issues.

And -in this world of opinions- there are some couples I'm not so fond of. Namely Final Fantasy VIII's lead duo (Rinoa is eh), and FFX's does little for me, despite both romances being "timeless classics" in the world of JRPGs. In Fire Emblem, EliwoodxNinian is dull and I prefer Lyn as Eliwood's life companion, since she isn't overly defined by mysteriousness, fragility, and a crush on the protagonist. Surprised I'm not breaking that up for EliwoodxHector? That doesn't do anything in particular for me. Where I do use the scalpel to split up an SRPG straight couple is TearRing Saga, HolmesxShigen definitely. Though Holmes is going to want Runan in there too, which is fine if Shigen consents, which I expect he will given everything else he puts up with from Holmes. -Actually, I'm okay with leaving Enteh and Katri in this male-centered polycule as well, just drop Julia and add Sierra for Shigen.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Wreck it Ralph meets Battle Network.

I think I can see the visual Inti Creates-ness. -I mean their style isn't particularly unique, but I think I'm picking up any subtle aspects that distinguish it? It's cute enough.

Unfortunately, Inti continues to largely be something I bounce off of. Roguelike doesn't appeal to me, deck-builder is another issue as my brain can't plan out a deck (obviously didn't apply to BK). And my only experience of MMBN was the first game where I pretty much relied on the Mega Buster instead and kept the chip use very simple. Although, I am aware that the first game is like the second-worst of the six BN entries.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hey! It's not like I can't acknowledge a good straight pairing.😛

I was more joking about how you said you might go for the Alain/Aramis pairing iirc.

Although the only such couples I'm especially fond of are Reiji & Xiaomu and Kyosuke & Excellen. -Not to say others are worthless ofc.

I do wonder how you'll feel about Noah/Mio when you eventually get around to it.

Roguelike doesn't appeal to me,

This one isn't roguelike at least, thank God.