• Replies 179.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Even I don't go beyond triple posting if I can.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Albion's final map reminds me of Athol's March, but with a bit more action going on lol

And without the useless heroine that becomes a green unit.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nooo i don't want pantless angel shota gimme cool armor dude instead

y6c7e9q2lapc1.png?width=581&format=png&a

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy with the quad post? Where's Armagon with the callout!? Xd

Busy in the final battle. Which is a long one. I'm in the home stretch but i think i'll wrap it up tomorrow lol.

OK SO THAT'S VERY COOL!

There is an actual bullshit mechanic in the final map. One that you can counter only after the fact. What i'm saying is it cost me Virginia's whole squad and i had to pop an Ash to get her back. I had no way of seeing it coming either.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even I don't go beyond triple posting if I can.

I mean, it doesnt really matter since it doesnt break any rules.

Edited by Lightcosmo

Alright, so, all your team comps you had for most of the game? Yeah they don't do shit against Galerius. You have to withdraw everyone and make a very specific team to actually beat him. You will not know this if you're playing blind. This is the first genuine negative I have towards the game, this is some Kaga-tier "punished for trying to play the game" bullshit.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alright, so, all your team comps you had for most of the game? Yeah they don't do shit against Galerius. You have to withdraw everyone and make a very specific team to actually beat him. You will not know this if you're playing blind. This is the first genuine negative I have towards the game, this is some Kaga-tier "punished for trying to play the game" bullshit.

When the person I'd been watching play occasionally finished the game, she said it took a big dive in both story and gameplay at the end. Shame, but it's not like it's the only SRPG that suffers from this. These games tend to struggle with presenting a satisfying gameplay conclusion.

I've been keeping track of Cex. See if UO pops up in my local one. They have a handful of copies now, but all of them are in other shops around Spain. Oh well. I'm not in a hurry, it's more of a "hey if it lines up" deal.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

When the person I'd been watching play occasionally finished the game, she said it took a big dive in both story and gameplay at the end. Shame, but it's not like it's the only SRPG that suffers from this. These games tend to struggle with presenting a satisfying gameplay conclusion.

See, I feel like the final battle does overall have pretty good story/gameplay integration. I just kinda wish you were....warned about it?

I mean for what it's worth, you can save mid battle so honestly maybe it's not full Kaga. I may have overreacted. But definitely is kinda ass that you're more or less forced to change your team comp at the last minute.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Sees "Brave" is in the name. Checks Wikipedia*

Not of one GGG/J-Decker/Mightgaine's relatives?😕 Kinda vaguely looks like it could be.

Guess they don't have exclusivity to the name, heh.

Chapter 15x seems radically different now.

That artwork of Ophelia remains very interesting. Because in the files there has always has been a variation of Ophelia's portrait with the more saturated blue hair and the red cape seen in this art. So I guess that portrait has always been part of a larger artwork?
Makes me wonder how many unused Vestaria Saga art assets that man is sitting on.

I unlocked all supports and reading through them before the final battle lel

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

she said it took a big dive in both story

....the writing gets worse? Or is she talking about Albion because  i did find the writing there FE4 levels of stupid...and no, this is not about Scarlett lol

Then again the writing in this game is decent at best....Fire Emblem basically

Gameplay wise i did find Albion's final map to be the weakest so far of the final maps, but not really bad?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

the writing gets worse?

After Albion (or whatever region you did last) there's really not much else left to the plot so there isn't enough of room for it that to happen tbh.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

did find the writing there FE4 levels of stupid...

I'm lost.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Gameplay wise i did find Albion's final map to be the weakest so far of the final maps, but not really bad?

I don't think there's a single bad map tbh. I mean, apples to oranges cause the Fire Emblem comparisons don't always work but aside from specific mechanical moments, I don't think I actually hated doing a map. Which is cool.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Chapter 15x seems radically different now.

That artwork of Ophelia remains very interesting. Because in the files there has always has been a variation of Ophelia's portrait with the more saturated blue hair and the red cape seen in this art. So I guess that portrait has always been part of a larger artwork?
Makes me wonder how many unused Vestaria Saga art assets that man is sitting on.

I like how the little portrait is not corrected.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

...the writing gets worse? Or is she talking about Albion because  i did find the writing there FE4 levels of stupid...and no, this is not about Scarlett lol

Then again the writing in this game is decent at best....Fire Emblem basically

No no, she was talking about the twist at the very end. Into which I won't go because, well, the twist at the very end lol, there's basically no bigger spoiler.

Without going into detail, though, she (and someone else there too) said that it was a twist that should've happened earlier in the story so it could capitalize on it properly, and as it is, they found themselves not caring about it whatsoever, which made the ending lose all weight with them. The game ending on a whimper made their already low opinion of the story sink even further.

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I cannot speak for that as they did not go as much into detail and I did not see it (actually thinking about it they may have just been talking about the story, I'm not so sure now). Will wait for you guys' own opinions.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm lost.

Shotangel stoopid

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't think there's a single bad map tbh. I mean, apples to oranges cause the Fire Emblem comparisons don't always work but aside from specific mechanical moments, I don't think I actually hated doing a map. Which is cool.

Yeah i agree with this

Map design in general is pretty solid

Just wish the enemy had arena like team comps

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

they found themselves not caring about it whatsoever, which made the ending lose all weight with them

Tbf i felt like that since the demo lol

Some cool moments and character interactions here and there, but writing is as plain as it gets most of the time.

But as i said, it's Fire Emblem. You don't play FE for the story 😛

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Will wait for your own opinions.

Will post more on the gameplay this weekend or next week as i am finishing up, but i will say, despite me finding it too easy, the game is still really engaging - which is a rare one from me.

And honestly, i think expert is a fine "standard" difficulty.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tbf i felt like that since the demo lol

Some cool moments and character interactions here and there, but writing is as plain as it gets most of the time.

It's funny you should say that actually, 'cause one of them said that comparing UO to old FE is an insult to old FE, unless the comparison is being made to Archanea specifically, in which case it's an insult to UO.

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Will post more on the gameplay this weekend or next week as i am finishing up, but i will say, despite me finding it too easy, the game is still really engaging - which is a rare one from me.

And honestly, i think expert is a fine "standard" difficulty.

Not bad. Wouldn't be the first time I've enjoyed a game that's not so difficult, though as I've said before, concerns become dealbreakers when the price is 60€ and the platform is not PC.

Still hoping for that Cex copy coming in clutch. C'mon, people. The Cex price actually doesn't convince me either, but I still got some of those trading funds leftover from the Three Houses / Metroid Dread fiasco. Could use them to cut into the price and get it for a decent... I dunno, 30 bucks maybe? It'd be more willing to go for that. Especially since I'd be able to sell it back to Cex for the full amount if I don't like it.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Maybe you don't.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

'cause one of them said that comparing UO to old FE is an insult to old FE, unless the comparison is being made to Archanea specifically, in which case it's an insult to UO.

They are implying old FE had good writing, which means they are dead wrong 😛

It's on par with all non-Fates non-Copes-FE

Does some stuff better (especially regarding involvement of side characters), some stuff worse (Alain has more rizz than all FE lords combined. The whole continent wants to get his kids), but generally on par

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dunno, 30 bucks

I got it for 40 on preorder lol

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's on par with all non-Fates non-Copes-FE

Does some stuff better (especially regarding involvement of side characters), some stuff worse (Alain has more rizz than all FE lords combined. The whole continent wants to get his kids), but generally on par

Hmm.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I got it for 40 on preorder lol

Honestly? Still feels too high for the amount of concerns I have. And lol preordering, lmao even