Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh hey, this. Like the first one, I might end up watching it by sheer coincidence. Friends and I were thinking of going hiking but the weather is being shitty. Not entirely sure what we'll do instead but we might just end up watching this. Even though one of them hasn't seen the first and neither of us can remember how the first one ended.

Godzilla hits up Spain in this one so you're legally obligated to watch it.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hmmm

Jefuty (20€), Star Ocean (40€), Tsukihime (7 seas) or Astral Chain (own)

hmmm

What am i in the mood for

🤔

Astral Chain begging for it's life right now.

• Replies 178k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Astral Chain begging for it's life right now.

Honestly, yeah i should get to it lmao. I have owned the game for years now and didn't play it yet XD

Time to play, finish and sell like i just did a third of my switch library a couple days ago

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Godzilla hits up Spain in this one so you're legally obligated to watch it.

Oh, huh, does he? Well, guess we'll see.

Played through the Jin storyline in Dynasty Warriors 8 the past two days, was needing to get to that. The second rendition of Jin in the franchise was definitely different from the first. Sima Yi never actually died onscreen this time and instead simply retired from public life. Xiahou Ba tried defecting ...but was persuaded not to, but only temporarily, long enough to playable in the color of Jin-cyan once. And they chose to end things with the conquest of Shu ...and never mentioned Sima Zhao's death or the events that followed that culminated in the conquest of Wu. Likely since that stuff has an unsatisfying timeskip that has to be told entirely in text and has nobody from the prior generations left alive to celebrate the reunification of China. Although I don't remember it well, the addition of Jia Chong means Zhao's reluctance and ultimate acceptance to take up his family's signature coldness felt decidedly different from DW7.

Not sure if I'm entirely emptied of Musou cravings now. I suppose I'll do the thing of 100% fan fiction called the Lu Bu storyline since it's there, even if I'm not one for the barking cockroach at all. Then maybe the Other assortment of battles. And then at a later date, fulfill all the conditions I didn't complete on the four normal storylines and then do their hypothetical routes and other alternative battles.

2 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Jefuty (20€),

?

zone-of-the-enders-zoe-the-2nd-runner-jehuty-model-kit-by-kotobukiya.jpg?fit=1200,675

Saw this thing a few days ago- Jehuty.

The groinspike looks absolutely ridiculously bad.😝 But it tells me what I'll have to pick up hopefully on the next major Steam sale. ...After I play the GBA not-SRW side story to Zone of the Enders.😆

Or maybe Engage

Wouldn't surprise me if you fell back on a (relatively-new) old favorite.😛 Though it's pretty relatable.

Honestly, yeah i should get to it lmao. I have owned the game for years now and didn't play it yet XD

R-E-L-A-T-A-B-L-E.🤣

Time to play, finish and sell like i just did a third of my switch library a couple days ago

Why the willingness to materially detach oneself like this? I don't think I'd have the guts to do that, even if I was done with and or didn't particularly enjoy the game.😅

If it's to buy a SRPG, buy a SRW game, dammit!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And they chose to end things with the conquest of Shu ...and never mentioned Sima Zhao's death or the events that followed that culminated in the conquest of Wu. Likely since that stuff has an unsatisfying timeskip that has to be told entirely in text and has nobody from the prior generations left alive to celebrate the reunification of China. Although I don't remember it well, the addition of Jia Chong means Zhao's reluctance and ultimate acceptance to take up his family's signature coldness felt decidedly different from DW7.

I guess it was to not make it look a bit lame with just generics. Even with Wu they had to keep Lianshi for way more than her recorded death so it wasn't just Ding Feng.

That said, I feel it is kinda fitting if we had less and less playables showing up. With DW8 cast, you could have a Conquest of Wu... even if on your side it'd just be Jia Chong and Wen Yang, and on Wu... nothing but generics. But perhaps, it could be a good symbolic way about how the Thee Kingdoms era is truly coming to an end, with how the people that participated in it are long gone or soon be gone (Jia Chong died 1-2 years after the fall of Wu), and the only playables left are vassals/generals doing one last glory run for leaders long gone and current leaders who will be relevant in the new era... but are not part of the era that's ending.

Well, maybe that's just me.

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

?

reverse-collapse-button-1-1652410896514.

Many people i asked are really enjoying the game - and also say it's really fucking hard and you know how i am attracted to hard games. Biggest complaint i've heard is that the stealth missions might be too puzzle-y, but they are releasing a patch later today to make stealth missions also doable by combat if needed, since that is one of the biggest complaints players have.

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why the willingness to materially detach oneself like this? I don't think I'd have the guts to do that, even if I was done with and or didn't particularly enjoy the game.😅

Unless it's something i super loved and/or plan to replay (like Engage, the Xenos, etc.), i sell games once i finish them and know i don't wanna replay them, and get more games with the money. Basically the money i get from selling flows right back into my gaming budget. It's something i've been doing since my student days, and still do nowadays.

Other people get enjoy games cheaper instead of them collecting dust over here, i get money to enjoy more games!

Even games i enjoyed i sell - only absolute favs. stay honestly.

Ofc since me and my brother share switch games, we only sell after we both finish them, or the other doesn't plan to play them.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess it was to not make it look a bit lame with just generics. Even with Wu they had to keep Lianshi for way more than her recorded death so it wasn't just Ding Feng.

Feels like Zhuge Ke would be a viable Wu member, if only for the sake of having another non-generic enemy for Jin to fight. Plus he's a Zhuge and that'd give every kingdom a Zhuge member. Although for that, it sounds like it might would possibly be better to add Ke's father Zhuge Jin, big brother to Liang explains why Liang wears green and Jin would hypothetically wear red. -But Jin wouldn't add anything for Jin to stab.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, I feel it is kinda fitting if we had less and less playables showing up. With DW8 cast, you could have a Conquest of Wu... even if on your side it'd just be Jia Chong and Wen Yang, and on Wu... nothing but generics. But perhaps, it could be a good symbolic way about how the Thee Kingdoms era is truly coming to an end, with how the people that participated in it are long gone or soon be gone (Jia Chong died 1-2 years after the fall of Wu), and the only playables left are vassals/generals doing one last glory run for leaders long gone and current leaders who will be relevant in the new era... but are not part of the era that's ending.

Well, maybe that's just me.

No, I think I can see an appeal to this. The idea did strike me once long ago of a plot wherein all the "true heroes" suddenly died and the plot limped its conclusion with their second-rate underlings in charge of finishing it. Would be very bittersweet, very frustrating for likely a majority of consumers even. But it's still a different idea. And it's no doubt been done before and I simply live in a Platonic cave and are totally unaware of it. 

With Musou, I think they could do it just fine. Again, not overly epic, but I'd settle for such a Jia Chong and Wen Yang-only finale. Maybe Dracula Boy would suddenly start waxing nostalgic for the "Era of Warriors" in his old age, yet still showing his ruthless desire to bury the last vestige of it -the division of China into Jin and Wu- with himself.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

reverse-collapse-button-1-1652410896514.

Looks like it's up your alley? "VN that's serious with plenty of suffering" vibes?🤔 Like "girl always sleeps with one eye open, keeping watch for the next person infected with the Livereater virus to stroll in, and she never thinks about how she unthinkingly shot all her comrades dead when they spontaneously got infected that one day three years ago". -Or maybe I'm totally wrong, and she spends her off-duty hours happily preparing choux buns filled creme patisserie (eclairs) for her man in this picture.

Many people i asked are really enjoying the game - and also say it's really fucking hard and you know how i am attracted to hard games.

...So hard games make you *gets written out of existence before finishing such an awful😑 low-hanging fruit """"joke""""*.

-And then there's me, who doesn't mind Musou games, or easy (and often flashy) games in general.😅

Biggest complaint i've heard is that the stealth missions might be too puzzle-y, but they are releasing a patch later today to make stealth missions also doable by combat if needed, since that is one of the biggest complaints players have.

...Doesn't making stealth optional often lead to "yeah, don't bother, just run in guns/magic blazing, it's easy enough"? Or at least, that's the impression I've gotten from a few games that give the choice.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like it's up your alley? "VN that's serious with plenty of suffering" vibes?

Oh defo. It's also a SRPG, with a setting i am really into it. It hits all checkmarks for me honestly.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Or maybe I'm totally wrong, and she spends her off-duty hours happily preparing choux buns filled creme patisserie (eclairs) for her man in this picture.

Apparently the idle animations are quite fun - from baguette to basketball? xD

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

..So hard games make you *gets written out of existence before finishing such an awful

thanos-infinity.gif

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

.Doesn't making stealth optional often lead to "yeah, don't bother, just run in guns/magic blazing, it's easy enough"? Or at least, that's the impression I've gotten from a few games that give the choice.

yeah, but at the same time...how often are stealth missions done well?

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yeah, but at the same time...how often are stealth missions done well?

Noooooooooo idea.😆

Although, stealth as an element, not the entire mission.... Well, is it any surprise that you saying SRPG + the girl holding a rifle made me think of Valkyria Chronicles?😄 And sure there's the occasional *walks into a surprise hailstorm of bullets, dies in two seconds*, but the stealth aspect there ain't too bad.😀

4 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Oh defo. It's also a SRPG, with a setting i am really into it. It hits all checkmarks for me honestly.

Hopefully it's GOOD then!😃🤞

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, is it any surprise that you saying SRPG + the girl holding a rifle made me think of Valkyria Chronicles?

It's recommended to me on steam because i like Valkyria Chronicles, so...

Maybe i should just bite

And sure there's the occasional *walks into a surprise hailstorm of bullets, dies in two seconds*

THIS IS AN ORDER

Def stonks up!

Hopefully it's GOOD then!😃🤞

Hope so too!

Especially if i decide to get it - i am not sure yet xD

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's recommended to me on steam because i like Valkyria Chronicles, so...

Maybe i should just bite

Dunno why you're holding back, what reason(s) is there for you to resist?😜

-Don't take that seriously, take your time to decide and whatnot.😀 I'm one who seriously overthinks my game buys about as often as I don't.😅

This is a new portrait too. As is the support partner listed.

I guess if there are dragon knight bosses on the map now, this means the Norden will now be a more active threat.

Gonna need something to make up for the carpet being much more manageable now, I suppose.

Edited by BrightBow

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dunno why you're holding back, what reason(s) is there for you to resist?😜

-Backlog

-I just finished a SRPG, dunno if it's wise to jump into another one directly

-a more personal, and perhaps naive & very stupid reason...(a bit political)

Spoiler

...i used to try to not buy much from china, even if that is outright impossible - however my stance on that softened a lot in the last few months since not only do my taxes support genocide (which i can't do anything about or hardly even speak against), anything i buy from the US does the same - There's no ethical consumption under capitalism, so as my brother says, maybe i should not think much about it, even if my money will go into things can make people suffer - but i still feel guilty. Dunno.

Sakurai talked about Cookie Clicker in one of his videos, my life is complete. I wonder what his lifetime cookie total is, mine is 810.12 octodecillion.

On 3/26/2024 at 4:55 PM, Lightcosmo said:

Reverie update says "rebalance English voice lines". Like, what does that mean?

Nadia's DANGER ZONE line was too powerful so they had to nerf it.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

I'll see it over the weekend hopefully. I look forward to the scene where Godzilla uses his atomic breath to fly all the way from Egypt to Brazil while Kong rides on his back.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Editor of the XC3 artbook saying this.

You know what that means

The end of all is coming...

4 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It's nice to know that Arzette is not the only one who struggles to maneuver the library.

I was hoping for Arzette to have an I.M. Meen lookalike as a boss, but apparently Arzette is old enough to avoid not-Meen's ire so he's just an NPC instead. Now I just need to know if there are any Hotel Mario references...

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

-Backlog

-I just finished a SRPG, dunno if it's wise to jump into another one directly

I getcha on both counts.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

-a more personal, and perhaps naive & very stupid reason...(a bit political)

I get having a sort of stigma against Chinese games, I've also had doubts/concerns about buying games from there (thankfully, a lot of what they make is gatcha, so no sweat ignoring that).

One thing I've tried asking myself though- does the developer have much a choice but to be based in China? Now I'm not talking Tencent and Netease, where it's pretty obvious I'm told that the authoritarian gov't has a strong hand. A small developer though? Should you not buy an honestly & lovingly-made game from them just because they have little practical choice (how expensive would it be for the entire dev team to move out their home country and rebase elsewhere?) but to live under the People's Bureaucracy Of Total Control and any restrictions it imposes? -Not sure if I'm right thinking this.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I was hoping for Arzette to have an I.M. Meen lookalike as a boss, but apparently Arzette is old enough to avoid not-Meen's ire so he's just an NPC instead. Now I just need to know if there are any Hotel Mario references...

There might just be.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

thankfully, a lot of what they make is gatcha, so no sweat ignoring that

ye that helps xD

ne thing I've tried asking myself though- does the developer have much a choice but to be based in China? Now I'm not talking Tencent and Netease, where it's pretty obvious I'm told that the authoritarian gov't has a strong hand. A small developer though? Should you not buy an honestly & lovingly-made game from them just because they have little practical choice (how expensive would it be for the entire dev team to move out their home country and rebase elsewhere?) but to live under the People's Bureaucracy Of Total Control and any restrictions it imposes? -Not sure if I'm right thinking this.

yeah i agree with this - i just don't like my money going to people who make others suffer I only enjoy suffering in fiction

But when my country and the country i buy a lot of stuff from directly support genocide, deciding to not buy stuff from a chinese dev due to similar reasons is defo hypocritical. I understand that.

Doesn't make the guilt go away tbh, but at the same time it's not like i can change much lol

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

yeah i agree with this - i just don't like my money going to people who make others suffer I only enjoy suffering in fiction

Where are your physical games made? What about the Switch? And maybe some components of your computer? -You're certainly already giving money to the Red Despotism via your gaming, just not to a Chinese developer. -Though I get declaring these to be different things.

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Doesn't make the guilt go away tbh, but at the same time it's not like i can change much lol

That's true of most of us, ain't it? If -I ask upon this Good Friday- there be divinity almighty, may they hopefully judge it fairly that we were practically-powerless sheep, subject to the vicissitudes caused by our shepherds.

That moment when a pre-FTL civilization within my borders reached FTL status, demands I give the system to them, I say no (already had a inhabited planet there anyway)... and they promptly get annexed since I control the system so they can't spawn anyway.

Well... that happened...

Where are your physical games made? What about the Switch? And maybe some components of your computer? -You're certainly already giving money to the Red Despotism via your gaming, just not to a Chinese developer. -Though I get declaring these to be different things

oh yeah i realize my hypocrisy - i defo do.

I used to justify it with "less/part of my money rather than all of my money", but tbh, there's no avoiding them completely. And the last few months made me go "doesn't matter where my money goes, people will suffer anyway."

Or as my brother told me "stop being an idiot, just get what you want" xD

45 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Nadia's DANGER ZONE line was too powerful so they had to nerf it.

I think it must have been Towa, since now most of her lines are too quiet, making them near useless. Lmao