Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

The PC version is a port of the DS version. I think it's also on mobile. To differentiate it from the now defunct mobile port of the PSP Complete Edition (which includes The After Years and an Interlude section bridging the two), it's usually denoted as IV (3D). With the Pixel Remaster version being a thing, it still merits being referred to as the 3D verison.

That said, I think it does have a difference or two form the DS version (no second Limit Break, for instance), but other than that, it is just the DS version ported.

Interesting, thank you for letting me know!

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)

xFbpOt2.jpeg
5MU1nsr.jpeg

FUCK This mission!!

Why is it so damn hard lol.

qdT7ZSn.jpeg

How can't i panic when i have been stuck here for a few days lol

Tbf, i can't really blame the game, considering i was approaching the map wrong and once i finally found the right approach - after quadzillion tries, i was able to do it xD

Still...

dszRWDU.jpeg

To 3000? How much HP does he have...

nh9hShT.jpeg

>6500

Boi

mKdkPT4.jpeg

....? I only brought you down to like 4800 tho?

Well, still

33Di0eG.jpeg

FUCK YOU!

shcGJCe.jpeg
GCyclVw.jpeg
UIxKrw5.jpeg

Atleast we got a couple cool outfits out of it lmao.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Posted (edited)

I think this is the first time I ever gave the full 300 coins to Lumpy. Why did I never gathered that many coins before? I don't remember. At the very least, I have yet to buy anything from the shops. Been able to go by without so far.

I think I'm gonna do as many requests from the Trouble Center before actually heading down to the door.

Okay, did all the ones I could do without leaving Rogueport. Then I finally went down to the door. Finally getting the Contact Lense for Zess T., I'll go explore West Rogueport and open the shortcut pipe back to Petalburg next time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

-Another day 4X'ed away.😐 

...At least I did a pinch of reading in the cool of the morning. The suckers on octopuses tentacles apparently taste things and can pseudo-smell, in addition to their skin being light-sensitive, a sight-like property. ...Unfortunately, my brain plunged into the gutter reading that.😆 I think I'm too corrupted to walk the 88 temples & 700 miles/1100km pilgrimage trail around Shikoku which immediately followed said article on the very intelligent and flexible creatures of the seas.

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, wouldn't be the first time, actually. SRW T has Proffesor Wolfgang from Mightgaine get Zonderized and you even have to fight him that way (though he turns into a copy of EI-15, not a unique design or anything).

It's basically one of the ways SRW can 'cheat' to have cross-piloting without showing it. Z3 also had an example with Heero in the Bonta-kun suit. Since we only ever hear the fumofumo and Bonta-kun counts as a separate "pilot", then visually nothing is different from Sosuke using it, pretty much.

Cute.😀 Because why can't it be somebody else beneath the costume? It could be anyone really.

23 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Surprisingly, it wasn't. ZZ only fares a little better (as you saw, A used its plot, when Zeta was already in the post-script camp), but then it's countered that it's now missing out. The entire Zverse excluded it, and 30 did the same. T at least used its storyline again, as well showing up for the entire VTX trilogy. Remains to be seen if 30 was a hiccup (can't be that it has no international license, since other Japan-only stuff like J-Decker got to appear), or if ZZ will be missing out again and VTX was the hiccup.

Well, barely. It was the final confrontation... but no buildup, and Haman didn't really do anything until the end, outside of her attempt to immediately follow up on the failed Endless Waltz. GC made better partial use of ZZ I'd say, despite the whole "Neo Zeon doesn't exist" limitation.

14 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, this is getting an anime? Interesting...

I saw the news some time ago. The game did sell a million, I suppose it's worth pursuing. Not sure how much they can do with it, the cast is pretty small and plain, the plot isn't all that much either, but I'm sure they can make an anime out of anything. I suppose it could be on the more chill side.

And reminder- it's Of Rice and Ruin. The show will not be truly reflective of the game if it doesn't devote an hour total on every step of the rice cultivation process- seeding, fertilizer, adjusting the water levels and picking out weeds, deciding when to harvest, how long to dry, threshing, sorting, deciding how much to polish the rice, ploughing the field at the end of winter for next spring. Every step MUST get at least five minutes dedicated to it, ideally twice, once with Sakuna messing up the first time, and once again, later, to show how she has learned from experience how to farm the national grain of (Not-)Japan!🌾*

*Historically, not everyone in Japan ate rice. From what I've been told, poor people ate millet as their primary grain. As you rose out of poverty, millet would be increasingly replaced by rice. Wealth also determined which kind of rice you ate. The wealthier you became, the less brown rice you ate and the more you consumed of white rice, not unlike Europe's historic cultural love of white bread. Despite white bread and white rice alike having less nutritional value than their darker, huskier forms.

8 hours ago, Capt. Fargus said:

@Saint Rubenio I know you’re no fan of the Final Fantasy series but if you ever get the inkling give the DS version of FF4 a shot. That one might be a worthy challenge for ya

No guarantees, but if I ever get the JRPG itch again I'll keep it in mind.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

No guarantees, but if I ever get the JRPG itch again I'll keep it in mind.

No, play the pixel perfect remaster of FF6 first. FF4 on the DS is great, but it isn’t as good as FF6.

47 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

No, play the pixel perfect remaster of FF6 first. FF4 on the DS is great, but it isn’t as good as FF6.

If you are going to play FFVI, at least play t-edition.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

If you are going to play FFVI, at least play t-edition.

T-edition? You mean the original?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

11 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

If I recall, doesn't that have issues being emulated? Of course, that was in the past, so likely not any longer.

That’s news to me

I know it ran good on OpenEmu. Havent tried it on my standalone setup yet but dont see why it wouldn’t work

11 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

That’s news to me

I know it ran good on OpenEmu. Havent tried it on my standalone setup yet but dont see why it wouldn’t work

Well, I first tried when No$gba was basically the go-to DS emulator lol. Of course I had no idea back then how terrible an emulator it was, so that sucked. XD

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well, I first tried when No$gba was basically the go-to DS emulator lol. Of course I had no idea back then how terrible an emulator it was, so that sucked. XD

DesMume or something like that is the one I put on my Asus. No problems out of it so far thankfully 

Damn, I love seeing the Kuro 1 vs Kuro 3 animation comparisons. Falcom has gotten GOOD at animating, damn. Beautiful work there! XD

Real talk, this episode will either be amazing or absolute dogshit with no in-between. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, barely. It was the final confrontation... but no buildup, and Haman didn't really do anything until the end, outside of her attempt to immediately follow up on the failed Endless Waltz. GC made better partial use of ZZ I'd say, despite the whole "Neo Zeon doesn't exist" limitation.

Also the Gremmy bit. True, it wasn't that much, but it was still something. Zeta only got the Four/Rosamie thing, but again, it was post-script. Even so, A wasn't an isolated case. R was the same (had to fight Haman and Zeta was post-script), so did Compact2/Impact (though it at least had Titans remnants running about). Though this is also the point even ZZ began to be just post-script, as it would be in both D and Compact 3. Though as you said, GC still used more of it than with Zeta.

I saw the news some time ago. The game did sell a million, I suppose it's worth pursuing. Not sure how much they can do with it, the cast is pretty small and plain, the plot isn't all that much either, but I'm sure they can make an anime out of anything. I suppose it could be on the more chill side.

Probably just one season, then? Could easily be a simple 13-episode affair.

And reminder- it's Of Rice and Ruin. The show will not be truly reflective of the game if it doesn't devote an hour total on every step of the rice cultivation process- seeding, fertilizer, adjusting the water levels and picking out weeds, deciding when to harvest, how long to dry, threshing, sorting, deciding how much to polish the rice, ploughing the field at the end of winter for next spring. Every step MUST get at least five minutes dedicated to it, ideally twice, once with Sakuna messing up the first time, and once again, later, to show how she has learned from experience how to farm the national grain of (Not-)Japan!🌾*

I can see at least one episode being fully dedicated to it, heh.

*Historically, not everyone in Japan ate rice. From what I've been told, poor people ate millet as their primary grain. As you rose out of poverty, millet would be increasingly replaced by rice. Wealth also determined which kind of rice you ate. The wealthier you became, the less brown rice you ate and the more you consumed of white rice, not unlike Europe's historic cultural love of white bread. Despite white bread and white rice alike having less nutritional value than their darker, huskier forms.

Yeah, I remember reading something about this. Also, one measure to determine how powerful a Daimyo was in the Sengoku Era was how much rice they could cultivate in a year or so. Like, some clans like the Mouri at their most powerful could grow more than 1M bushels of rice, or something like that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Playin a scenario of Warlords Battlecry 3 with my newly created orc hero I named Worf leadin a bunch of minotaurs

The name definitely fits cuz damned if he dont talk like a certain klingon from Star Trek TNG Lol

”We have it! Now back to the battle!” 🤣

Finished my Torna replay. Game still good but suffers from the fact that i got older and no longer have the time for artificial gating. 

Next up: Xenoblade 1 on NG+.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Finished my Torna replay. Game still good but suffers from the fact that i got older and no longer have the time for artificial gating. 

Next up: Xenoblade 1 on NG+.

Mods, my friend. Just remove the annoying restrictions, they really add nothing anyways!

22 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

FUCK This mission!!

I feel like you have said that a lot with this game.

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

OMG, it's spreading even to different universes!

They had fun updating the gaming toad I see, with some surprisingly polarizing opinions.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_59.png?ex=66565419&is=6655029

Nobody told me that when painting a drawing, you have to paint the whole thing.

Legitimately you don't have to, as the negative space you leave behind can say as much about your art as what you color in, but it is a stylistic choice not all abide by.

35 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

They had fun updating the gaming toad I see, with some surprisingly polarizing opinions.

Ain't modding grand, heh.