Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Reaper reaped!✌️

Now I need to go around the lower floors again. Mitsuru and Junpei are lagging behind and in need of a Great Clock.

c42VZuJ.jpeg

---------

I'm already halfway through January and the complete shift in atmosphere is hitting so hard now. Probably because it's in 3D (thanks, Portable).

17 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

No, play the pixel perfect remaster of FF6 first. FF4 on the DS is great, but it isn’t as good as FF6.

Wraith, Ruben doesn't want an easy game, and a kid can beat FFVI just by mashing 1 button blindfolded.

• Replies 177.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Wraith, Ruben doesn't want an easy game, and a kid can beat FFVI just by mashing 1 button blindfolded.

If you don’t know what you’re doing FF6 can be challenging. We’re talking about a main line game, not Mystic Quest.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

4 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

We’re talking about a main line game

You -have- played FFVIII, yes? Xd

4 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

If you don’t know what you’re doing FF6 can be challenging.

that said, I still can agree with this. Knowledge and hindsight simply make the game very easy.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

You -have- played FFVIII, yes? Xd

Sorry, but I have standards.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

That said, I still can agree with this. Knowledge and hindsight simply make the game very easy.

Of the ones I’ve play FF5 is easily the hardest of the FF series.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

43 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Of the ones I’ve play FF5 is easily the hardest of the FF series.

As far as older FF games go, this is fair. Without prior knowledge, much of what comes your way can be quite difficult to deal with. Plenty of knowledge is needed regardless of enemy encounters, honestly. Getting the Stone Tablets for example is no easy feat on the first run lol

6 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

As far as older FF games go, this is fair. Without prior knowledge, much of what comes your way can be quite difficult to deal with. Plenty of knowledge is needed regardless of enemy encounters, honestly. Getting the Stone Tablets for example is no easy feat on the first run lol

If you don’t know what you’re doing with the job system the game will shove it’s boot up your ass.

1 minute ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

If you don’t know what you’re doing with the job system the game will shove it’s boot up your ass.

I was one of those when I first played! 

Though for what it's worth, their job system is decently well-handled all things considered. I found many of their roles quite helpful overall.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

I was one of those when I first played! 

Though for what it's worth, their job system is decently well-handled all things considered. I found many of their roles quite helpful overall.

I used a walkthrough and still found the game very challenging, especially towards the endgame. Exdeath wasn’t an easy final boss.

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

I used a walkthrough and still found the game very challenging, especially towards the endgame. Exdeath wasn’t an easy final boss.

Oh yeah, their guidance is really terrible in V, isn't it?

Attacking every enemy that absorbs Holy element endgame with Excalibur like I did when first playing the game. lmao

On 5/27/2024 at 9:32 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Probably just one season, then? Could easily be a simple 13-episode affair.

From what little I know -I'm not certain of the detailed definition of the acronym- they could've done an OVA. 

Though this is also the point even ZZ began to be just post-script, as it would be in both D and Compact 3. Though as you said, GC still used more of it than with Zeta.

Kinda weird, since while Z and ZZ alike have been around from the very start ...it's not until 4 you said that plots began getting adapted. So it's not like it either was overused at the outset.

Yeah, I remember reading something about this. Also, one measure to determine how powerful a Daimyo was in the Sengoku Era was how much rice they could cultivate in a year or so. Like, some clans like the Mouri at their most powerful could grow more than 1M bushels of rice, or something like that.

Koku. That's the word, enough rice to feed one adult person for an entire year. *Checks the measurement online* 180 liters/48 US gallons or 150 kilos/330 pounds of rice.

Feudal society for you, when value could be assessed in food production.😄 

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alright, finally began Chrono Cross. I missed playing this game...

Enjoy!😀

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If you aren't Rapid-Fire Dual Wielding, what are you even doing.

Dualcasting Summons and Blue Magic, obviously.

Games with class mix & match can have some brokenly strong meta-combos. Bravely Second's Meteor Meteor Rain (Time Mage + Spellcraft + Good Measure) for 16 hits of upwards to 9999 damage each springs to mind.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kinda weird, since while Z and ZZ alike have been around from the very start ...it's not until 4 you said that plots began getting adapted. So it's not like it either was overused at the outset.

Perhaps, though even without the overall plots, you still had elements present. No need for the Titans to exist in order to have, say, the Four subplot, for example. GC did that, for instance.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Koku. That's the word, enough rice to feed one adult person for an entire year. *Checks the measurement online* 180 liters/48 US gallons or 150 kilos/330 pounds of rice.

Feudal society for you, when value could be assessed in food production.😄 

Well, it is tied to how much land they controlled, after all.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I feel like you have said that a lot with this game.

Game is hard. Really really hard XD.

Mostly in a fun way, but sometimes it does kinda get over the top imo

Maybe it's also a combination of highest difficulty + first run

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Posted (edited)

IpCZmCb.jpeg

El

Psy

Kongroo

Also accurate pic of me retrying hard missions

w1JWSQV.jpeg

I hope xD

4tm4aL7.jpeg

Oh?

jgU7FPI.jpeg
36ZvBwj.jpeg

Interesting.

So i have to find the way myself to the ending? Or maybe try the different routes to Unlock it?

I quite dig.

Finally, Radiant Historia SRPG

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Opera_Snapshot_2024-05-28_220053_twitter

Fellas...

And yeah, Midori is like an actual legit insider, in case anyone's wondering. 

47 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

jgU7FPI.jpeg

I'm glad they actually tell you what the points are and you aren't just trial and erroring them to find them.

I swear Kuro 3 better not bring Crow back. 

Dont get me wrong, CS I Crow is amazing of course, but they didnt do anything with his character later on. I imagine due to popular demand he will likely come back, though. They need to cut cast members, not keep bringing them back. 

As someone who loved the Sky cast, im glad most of them got left in Sky. Sometimes moving on is for the best imo, more so when a character arc is concluded. And since Crow was concluded in II, he was uneccesary.

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Game is hard. Really really hard XD.

Mostly in a fun way, but sometimes it does kinda get over the top imo

Maybe it's also a combination of highest difficulty + first run

Why'd you do that?😆 Did you ask first as to whether it was suitable for a blind first time? Considering how FE has been with its highest difficulties since at least Shadow Dragon, maybe PoR, I would've inquired first.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Tell me when you find the bad ending where the wimp of the group kills everyone.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Opera_Snapshot_2024-05-28_220053_twitter

Fellas...

And yeah, Midori is like an actual legit insider, in case anyone's wondering. 

Legacy? As in Builders of the Legacy After the Destruction of Earth? (Why on Mira did the localization give it a totally different meaning?)

I have heard of this Deliverer of Magical Punishment before Devil Survivor joke. Although I remain skeptical of any and all rumors. They said last month that the Oldsona trio will be getting some kind of "updated form", backtracking a prior statement using the more-ambitious word "remake". Next month is Innocent Sin's 25th birthday, and June is the traditional big gaming announcement month. Unlike a Persona 6 announcement (even if it's 2 1/2 years away), I doubt revealing anything related to the old trio -especially if they're simple ports🤨- would cannibalize sales of Re Fantazio, which I get the sense Atlus really wants to do really well.

On 5/27/2024 at 8:25 PM, Venger_06 said:

I'm already halfway through January and the complete shift in atmosphere is hitting so hard now. Probably because it's in 3D (thanks, Portable).

That really is a great moment of transition, when the memories of the city starts playing throughout the town. It hits so hard, and all the memories songs are so powerful and well used.

Also the remake did a good job with this song, the changes aren't distracting from what made it great (like a fair number of the remake tracks do)

On 5/27/2024 at 8:51 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Chrono Cross has some real iconic tracks to it...its making me a bit nostalgic for the classic little RPG.

7 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Lol, Radiant Historia is what I was thinking about when the mechanic was being described too. Also that does sound rather interesting...