Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Armagon said:

m glad they actually tell you what the points are and you aren't just trial and erroring them to find them.

That would've been a big gameplay pain in the ass

If it was a VN with 0 gameplay maybe it could've worked lol

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why'd you do that?

Seeking a challenge. Maybe lol. Maybe a reaction to how easy the last SRPG i played was kek

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did you ask first as to whether it was suitable for a blind first time? Considering how FE has been with its highest difficulties since at least Shadow Dragon, maybe PoR, I would've inquired first

Tbf, i don't think anything the game did so far was unfair like what some FE tend to pull on higher difficulty. It's just pure tactical and/or puzzle difficulty. Even the times where i go "wtf is this shit" in a mid chapter twist after i calm down and think about it's usually doable. Just had a case like this yesterday lol.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Radiant Historia is what I was thinking about when the mechanic was being described too. Also that does sound rather interesting...

Great minds think alike! And yeah seems like an interesting mechanic from the little bit i played after i got it. Really hope it elevates the game further 😄

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

Fellas

Legacy huh

Edited by Codename Shrimp

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/05/state-of-play-set-for-may-30-featuring-14-ps5-and-ps-vr2-titles-including-playstation-studios-games-due-out-in-2024

Literally same time as the Marvelous one. Hopefully some nice multiplatforms will be announced.

34 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Tbf, i don't think anything the game did so far was unfair like what some FE tend to pull on higher difficulty. It's just pure tactical and/or puzzle difficulty. Even the times where i go "wtf is this shit" in a mid chapter twist after i calm down and think about it's usually doable. Just had a case like this yesterday lol.

...In the same attempt, or after a raging "RESTART!"?😛

On the one hand, I don't see a problem with needing to try multiple times to overcome a map. It's called "difficulty". However, surprises of such a kind risk feeling like BS. It's a dangerous balancing act, perhaps dependent on the player in question.

39 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Legacy huh

It's only a codename. Not like Nintendo had us playing video games via a sea mammal with the GameCube🐬, nor overthrow governments with the console after that.

I did it boys

WssiqCB.jpeg

Now I just need to fuse Messiah and finish the game to Platinum

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also the remake did a good job with this song, the changes aren't distracting from what made it great (like a fair number of the remake tracks do)

It's lowkey better, ngl

Teeniest bit of venting...

Spoiler

I think I'm going to drop the counselor. Two sessions now, and I question if I'll actually get anything out of this. I started the 45 mins wanting them to end immediately, got a little better, but it still overall felt awkward and forced. Dunno how to politely cancel the next session, but I need to do that.

They aren't bad at all, but maybe they're not the kind of person I want. Though I don't know if what I want even has a therapist's whose approach matches it. ...Do I even need anyone? Maybe all along, I haven't. I've been hoping for some kind of miracle cure that I didn't actually need and that doesn't exist. Nice to know I've wasted years wanting for help I don't factually require.

My emotions aren't actually all that strong right now. Compared to same time last week, which feels like an eon ago, it'd be like comparing a forest on fire, to the charred, dead landscape left behind in the aftermath. Perhaps I'm burnt out on feeling miserable about this matter. ...Or maybe I'll be going through a cycle which starts with stoic resignation, and only later does the atmospheric river of "You've pathetically wasted your life!" pour down, once things have sunk in and I've softened up.

Well, tomorrow at 6:00 PM EDT (midnight for you Europeans) I hope to lay eyes on some daddy daikufu, Marvelous.😋 I have that to look forward to.

On 5/28/2024 at 2:53 AM, Sidereal Wraith said:

If you don’t know what you’re doing FF6 can be challenging. We’re talking about a main line game, not Mystic Quest.

Kefka will give ya a fit if you aint careful

On 5/28/2024 at 8:19 AM, Sidereal Wraith said:

Sorry, but I have standards.

Of the ones I’ve play FF5 is easily the hardest of the FF series.

On 5/28/2024 at 9:05 AM, Lightcosmo said:

As far as older FF games go, this is fair. Without prior knowledge, much of what comes your way can be quite difficult to deal with. Plenty of knowledge is needed regardless of enemy encounters, honestly. Getting the Stone Tablets for example is no easy feat on the first run lol

Aint tried that one yet, but I know that DS version of FF4 about rang my bell. Got to the second cave and was like “whoa what the hell? These monsters are pretty badass” 😳

On 5/26/2024 at 8:57 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

The PC version is a port of the DS version. I think it's also on mobile. To differentiate it from the now defunct mobile port of the PSP Complete Edition (which includes The After Years and an Interlude section bridging the two), it's usually denoted as IV (3D). With the Pixel Remaster version being a thing, it still merits being referred to as the 3D verison.

That said, I think it does have a difference or two form the DS version (no second Limit Break, for instance), but other than that, it is just the DS version ported.

Is that on Steam? I know Gog doesn’t have it

Would be nice to try it on a big screen instead of that silly ass DS emulator screen. It made Might and Magic Clash of Heroes way better

24 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Aint tried that one yet, but I know that DS version of FF4 about rang my bell. Got to the second cave and was like “whoa what the hell? These monsters are pretty badass”

DS IV is all over the place lol.

"Attack the Defence Node first!"

...instant annihilation. You are clearly supposed to take out the Attack Node first lol

Posted (edited)

It is finished.

ZWu33uj.jpeg

Yes, I know this wasn't the Platinum screen, but I preferred posting this rather than a New Game Plus menu

What a game. If the previous versions can be called flawed masterpieces, this one is the closest to being a fully fledged one. It's the definitive version of Persona 3, but it doesn't leave the other versions obsolete. Kinda like Resident Evil 4 remake. I'll be waiting for The Answer in September.

p9L56xW.png

4 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You can’t have sex with a toaster.

If there's a will there's a way

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Teeniest bit of venting...

I hope you find the peace you seek, IO. I wouldn't go to a therapist in a million years, but realizing that you have a problem and must change is the first step.

Edited by Venger_06
Even made me unearth my Backloggd account lol

32 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Is that on Steam? I know Gog doesn’t have it

Would be nice to try it on a big screen instead of that silly ass DS emulator screen. It made Might and Magic Clash of Heroes way better

Yes, it's on Steam.

8 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

DS IV is all over the place lol.

"Attack the Defence Node first!"

...instant annihilation. You are clearly supposed to take out the Attack Node first lol

When they don't edit the text to match the change, pft.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

When they don't edit the text to match the change, pft.

Thats why you dont listen to their terrible advice. They likely enjoyed misleading you, i wager.

I'm feeling kinda empty rn

61z2IDF.jpeg

4 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

I hope you find the peace you seek, IO. I wouldn't go to a therapist in a million years, but realizing that you have a problem and must change is the first step.

Thank you.😀

20 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

I'm feeling kinda empty rn

If it's b/c good game completion, that's not such a bad thing.😃 -Unless in having come up for air now, you suddenly realize your life is utterly aimless, worthless, and you just wasted your precious time.😐  -But then I suppose you already know facing yourself can sometimes be the most frightening thing in the world, fresh off a Persona.😛

Posted (edited)

Screw it, Perceval is getting Robust so he can actually risk taking advantage of Arrowbane without potentially immediately getting crippled. At least it's worth trying out, I think.
Don't exactly want to give everyone Robust. I like the added layer of depth that the potential risk of crippling gives to the HP stat.

Axel is getting Battle Cry, since fighting dirty and stabbing someone in the back while they least expect it is what he is all about, and Battle Cry enables that perfectly. Considering his fragility, I don't think he is really competing with Daoud there.

Edited by BrightBow

You know, after writing my latest one-shot, I find it clear that my writing funk is specifically about TDatP, and not in general. I think now it's precisely for the scene I still have yet to finish. I wonder if I should start over with a new one. Hmm...

“Right, they were going for an M-Rating with this game and they hadn’t heard back from the agency if they were going to get it yet. So they had me record two takes for every line, and I swear, the version that was for the M-Rating, they had me say f*** in every single line. It was just every sentence, I would be yelling ‘Sonic, give me that f***ing Chaos Emerald!’ or something like that. I had no idea what was going on but I just went with it, and I had fun. There’s a hard drive somewhere with hours of recordings of Shadow yelling f*** at Tails and Sonic and stuff,” he finished, wistfully looking off into the distance.

To think Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't "Why God, why?" enough.🍿

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Teeniest bit of venting

Hang in there, friend! I don't know what else to say, but i hope you'll some day find the happiness you seek!

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I cannot tell if this is satire or not.

With how things are... 95% it's not. Most of the time it's done to rile people up who simply don't know better. Exactly as planned for the GOP.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

oh i liek, although a part in the middle of the OG is missing imo

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I cannot tell if this is satire or not.

Dude satire is dead xD

Here're some news from the last few days that convinced me that Satire is not needed in the world anymore:

>Turkish Galatasary fans chanting "Foreigners out" in Germany

>A man found his wife is a man 12 days after their marriage

>A man unknowingly followed the OF...of his daughter

>American Airlines going full victim blaming on 8 yo and then full racism mode later

>Blackout Challenge

Edited by Codename Shrimp