• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it's mostly lore ...but good luck getting me to write characters or decide on the steps and specifics within a plot.😝 Think of it like meticulously applying brushstrokes to the canvas and creating one incredible landscape ...yet there's a big blank space in middle of the painting where the people should be. I'd rather detail the process of magical conception and gestation than try creating a personality.🤣

Yeah, I get it. I too have ideas that I flesh out, but never beyond a point.

Only b/c gay, no? -Which is fine, b/c yay there's gay.😁 ...But if it weren't for that, magic babies wouldn't exist. -Unless you're counting how Frontier lets you make monsters reproduce by giving them rune stones.

I think in HM DS Cute was the first time, actually. Well, it was more "the Harvest Goddess gives you a baby to take care of", so it was left ambiguous how the baby came to be.

Oh, Frontier has monster breeding? Interesting.

Thinking about it, we don't really have all that much that could be considered to specifically stem from Earthmate status? The protagonists have never fired off green hadokens the size of mansions, nor changed the seasons in a blink.

Yeah, it's mostly just the "lifeforce of the land" and then mostly shows via farming. RF4 did expanded Earthmate lore a bit what with turning people into runes-generating Guardians, Omnigate, and stuff. But still a whole lot remains unknown.

-The random thought just popped in my head of "Monsters... no, the Protagonist takes it upon themselves to use their own life force to sustain the entire village over a prolonged time period for one reason or another". A rather selfless, somber act demanding a truly great soul.

That's certainly true. I suppose when Earthmates were more common it wasn't that poignant. But now that they're scarce...

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Wow... This is just plain sad.

It's for a mobile game based on a short side story anime spinoff of Trails? The game was probably intended to have a short lifespan, especially short for the international audience as mobile games tend to die faster outside of Japan. This being the potential case, keeping the translation on a minimal budget (or even to AI?), so as to not devour the already-small profits an international release would bring in, would seem plausible. Terribad results may not have been outside of the realm of predictability then.😛

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, Frontier has monster breeding? Interesting.

I remember it, but I don't recall if I ever used it. Make a rune stone by gathering like 20 Runeys of a specific kind (probably Water Runeys, given how the Runey system works), then give the rune stone to a monster. After this, I forget what happens, but you will get an offspring from that monster at some point, I think it'll have slightly increased stats or something too, as an incentive to breed.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, it's mostly just the "lifeforce of the land" and then mostly shows via farming. RF4 did expanded Earthmate lore a bit what with turning people into runes-generating Guardians, Omnigate, and stuff. But still a whole lot remains unknown.

I never finished RF2, but I believe this spell originated there. Needed to reseal Fiersome I think?

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I remember it, but I don't recall if I ever used it. Make a rune stone by gathering like 20 Runeys of a specific kind (probably Water Runeys, given how the Runey system works), then give the rune stone to a monster. After this, I forget what happens, but you will get an offspring from that monster at some point, I think it'll have slightly increased stats or something too, as an incentive to breed.

Ah, interesting. So the Runeys system is expanded there.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I never finished RF2, but I believe this spell originated there. Needed to reseal Fiersome I think?

Oh, really? Then it shows up again in RF4, then. Come to think of it, Barret is important for those parts, not just making a cameo for cameo's sake.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, interesting. So the Runeys system is expanded there.

Frontier introduced Runeys, and made use of them in an "ecological" way. 

I liked it -in principle. In practice... 

Spoiler
  • There are four kinds of Runeys- Grass, Tree, Rock, Water.
  • The village of Trampoli is divided into 9 regions, each with its own separate count of Runeys. You can usually see them floating in the air. You can check the regions' Runey numbers in the clock tower.
  • A simple food chain exists- Grass are eaten by Tree, Tree are eaten by Rock, Rock are eaten by Water.
    • Grass eats nothing, its growth is dependent on its relative % of the overall Runey population. The lower it is, the more it grows -provided the Trees don't eat them all.😬
    • Nothing eats Water, which presents a problem.😐
  • If a region has high levels of all Runey types -"prosperity" I think it was called- your farm will receive a boost, in the form of faster crop growth.
    • Contrarily, if the Runey population dies off, your crops will take longer to grow (possibly even randomly wilt, I think).
  • For the first seven days of each month, the normal food chain is suspended. As long as there is at least 1 Runey of its kind in a region, it will increase by +1 at the start of each of those seven days.
  • The Homestead region -the one where Raguna's house, non-dungeon farmland, and monster huts are, is different. Runeys won't each other, and mature crops will add Runeys to the Homestead's atmosphere. Dungeon crops don't produce Runeys anywhere, only your typical RP-replenishing white Rune orbs.
  • The problem with the Runey ecosystem, is that if you do absolutely nothing, everything will die off by like the end of the first Summer.
    • The Tree will devour the Grass to extinction, the Waters will devastate the Rocks. Left without food, the Trees and then lastly Waters will die too. 
  • To fix this, you have to take some time, ideally every day, and your Harvester tool to suck Runeys out of the air.
    • To be precise, you want to take Water out of all non-Homestead regions. And add Grass everywhere else.
    • For Grass production, the strat I found posted online (which works IMO), involves designating a region as a "Grass factory".
      • You pick a region -Mist's farm is adjacent to the Homestead and nice & open and also has a Grass affinity, so it's the best choice- and strip it of all Runeys.
      • You then add a small handful of Grass Runeys to the region, and then add a ton of Rocks or Waters (which you'll have taken a lot of) or both. 5 Grass amid like 40 Water should result in major overnight Grass growth.
      • You then vacuum up the Grass back to a tiny number, and add more Rocks/Water, since some will have naturally died of starvation.

...the ecosystem needed better execution.🌳

Though you could skip it. You don't need that much money in Frontier, and fishing becomes a faster way to riches not that far in.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, really? Then it shows up again in RF4, then. Come to think of it, Barret is important for those parts, not just making a cameo for cameo's sake.

Barret is the one who helps decipher the ancient tablets Aaron/Aria finds, he is the schoolteacher after all (there's Mana too, but A/A wouldn't want their likely possible mother to know they're exploring dangerous places but then why does the school teach kids how to make greatswords?).

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Frontier introduced Runeys, and made use of them in an "ecological" way. 

I liked it -in principle. In practice... 

Reveal hidden contents
  • There are four kinds of Runeys- Grass, Tree, Rock, Water.
  • The village of Trampoli is divided into 9 regions, each with its own separate count of Runeys. You can usually see them floating in the air. You can check the regions' Runey numbers in the clock tower.
  • A simple food chain exists- Grass are eaten by Tree, Tree are eaten by Rock, Rock are eaten by Water.
    • Grass eats nothing, its growth is dependent on its relative % of the overall Runey population. The lower it is, the more it grows -provided the Trees don't eat them all.😬
    • Nothing eats Water, which presents a problem.😐
  • If a region has high levels of all Runey types -"prosperity" I think it was called- your farm will receive a boost, in the form of faster crop growth.
    • Contrarily, if the Runey population dies off, your crops will take longer to grow (possibly even randomly wilt, I think).
  • For the first seven days of each month, the normal food chain is suspended. As long as there is at least 1 Runey of its kind in a region, it will increase by +1 at the start of each of those seven days.
  • The Homestead region -the one where Raguna's house, non-dungeon farmland, and monster huts are, is different. Runeys won't each other, and mature crops will add Runeys to the Homestead's atmosphere. Dungeon crops don't produce Runeys anywhere, only your typical RP-replenishing white Rune orbs.
  • The problem with the Runey ecosystem, is that if you do absolutely nothing, everything will die off by like the end of the first Summer.
    • The Tree will devour the Grass to extinction, the Waters will devastate the Rocks. Left without food, the Trees and then lastly Waters will die too. 
  • To fix this, you have to take some time, ideally every day, and your Harvester tool to suck Runeys out of the air.
    • To be precise, you want to take Water out of all non-Homestead regions. And add Grass everywhere else.
    • For Grass production, the strat I found posted online (which works IMO), involves designating a region as a "Grass factory".
      • You pick a region -Mist's farm is adjacent to the Homestead and nice & open and also has a Grass affinity, so it's the best choice- and strip it of all Runeys.
      • You then add a small handful of Grass Runeys to the region, and then add a ton of Rocks or Waters (which you'll have taken a lot of) or both. 5 Grass amid like 40 Water should result in major overnight Grass growth.
      • You then vacuum up the Grass back to a tiny number, and add more Rocks/Water, since some will have naturally died of starvation.

...the ecosystem needed better execution.🌳

Though you could skip it. You don't need that much money in Frontier, and fishing becomes a faster way to riches not that far in.

I see. Never got the chance to play Frontier, but it certainly sounds like quite the system.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Barret is the one who helps decipher the ancient tablets Aaron/Aria finds, he is the schoolteacher after all (there's Mana too, but A/A wouldn't want their likely possible mother to know they're exploring dangerous places but then why does the school teach kids how to make greatswords?).

His role in RF4 is kinda similar. Helps translate some stuff, and forges a ring for the MC to use to warp back from the Forest of Beginnings.

It's to then learn how to use them once they're attending Garreg Mach.

It's time. I bought it on sale in 2022, I think, when the Deluxe Edition was still on the PS Store.

9cL4OEu.jpeg

It booted me back to title screen when I refused to accept the "this is a work of fiction" thing. Didn't expect that

It was thanks to the base game that I discovered the franchise, back in 2017 when it burst the bubble with the global launch. One of the most popular YouTubers in the country started making a Persona 5 series and I, who had been following him since the Minecraft days, was there diligently. With my curiosity sparked, I started from the first game like I did with Final Fantasy (don't do that, read the Persona 1 manga instead) and went all the way to P3 Portable (PPSSPP my beloved). I visited P4 (and even FES) after that, but I never finished them, just like I never finished watching that P5 series.

Seriously, it already had over 100 parts and he wasn't even halfway through the game. That's what happens when you make a series of a game that's over 100 hours long with 20-minute episodes each.

On 5/30/2024 at 2:17 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

If it's b/c good game completion, that's not such a bad thing.😃 -Unless in having come up for air now, you suddenly realize your life is utterly aimless, worthless, and you just wasted your precious time.😐

It's never a waste of time if you're having fun, IO. That's my number 1 rule. We only benefit when we have experiences like this.

On 5/30/2024 at 3:56 AM, Sidereal Wraith said:

But, it’ll burn your balls.

As long as it burns my bDread

4 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

It booted me back to title screen when I refused to accept the "this is a work of fiction" thing. Didn't expect that

Since when those things have Accept/Refuse prompts?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's for a mobile game based on a short side story anime spinoff of Trails? The game was probably intended to have a short lifespan, especially short for the international audience as mobile games tend to die faster outside of Japan. This being the potential case, keeping the translation on a minimal budget (or even to AI?), so as to not devour the already-small profits an international release would bring in, would seem plausible. Terribad results may not have been outside of the realm of predictability then.

Theres bad and then theres this. This is just unacceptable. Low budget or not, character names being so far off is just embarassing imo

24 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Since when those things have Accept/Refuse prompts?

Persona 5 is truly the first of a kind

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I see. Never got the chance to play Frontier, but it certainly sounds like quite the system.

I like it because having a magical ecosystem (or climate) the player can play with in a substantial way sounds real cool to me.

The lesson I take from Frontier, is that if you're to include such a thing, the system should be overall stable without player intervention. You should provide sufficient incentive for the player to upset the norm, and only with such involvement, if done without care, should the system be capable of crashing.

If we had a sci-fi Rune Factory, I would rather like something the paraSOL from Lunar Knights to feature. The vampires there created a system that allows them to block out the Sun and control the weather. As the two heroes defeat the bosses, they end the eternal night and gain the ability to hack the controlled climate system. Whichever of the five climates you pick affect temperature, humidity, and wind speed. Altering these atmospheric stats can activate certain light puzzle elements, and much more subtly a few other things.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's to then learn how to use them once they're attending Garreg Mach.

I'm told in the tradition of Arabic calligraphy, a calligrapher must make their own reed pens. Perhaps there's something to that.😛

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Theres bad and then theres this. This is just unacceptable. Low budget or not, character names being so far off is just embarassing imo

-Even though I have no connection the franchise whatsoever, reading it was humorous.😄 I guess I find poor translations rich in comedy.

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

More meta than some other "early game overs" I've seen. Devil Survivor 2 for instance lets you let the train crush you, if you decide you lack a will to live.

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

It was thanks to the base game that I discovered the franchise, back in 2017 when it burst the bubble with the global launch. One of the most popular YouTubers in the country started making a Persona 5 series and I, who had been following him since the Minecraft days, was there diligently. With my curiosity sparked, I started from the first game like I did with Final Fantasy (don't do that, read the Persona 1 manga instead) and went all the way to P3 Portable (PPSSPP my beloved). I visited P4 (and even FES) after that, but I never finished them, just like I never finished watching that P5 series.

Indeed! I gave up during the second dungeon I think? Chugging through P2IS was doable despite *encounter*, but P1 is another level of rigidity and aged visuals.

Anyway, have fun!😀

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Even though I have no connection the franchise whatsoever, reading it was humorous.😄 I guess I find poor translations rich in comedy

I think that really speaks for itself just how low-quality that really is.

Elections Sunday... man...

2 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

Hah, that's funny, heh.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like it because having a magical ecosystem (or climate) the player can play with in a substantial way sounds real cool to me.

The lesson I take from Frontier, is that if you're to include such a thing, the system should be overall stable without player intervention. You should provide sufficient incentive for the player to upset the norm, and only with such involvement, if done without care, should the system be capable of crashing.

Yeah, I can agree. Otherwise it just becomes too much micromanaging without asking for it.

If we had a sci-fi Rune Factory, I would rather like something the paraSOL from Lunar Knights to feature. The vampires there created a system that allows them to block out the Sun and control the weather. As the two heroes defeat the bosses, they end the eternal night and gain the ability to hack the controlled climate system. Whichever of the five climates you pick affect temperature, humidity, and wind speed. Altering these atmospheric stats can activate certain light puzzle elements, and much more subtly a few other things.

Didn't we had Innocent Life for a Sci-Fi esque farming simulator? It was even subtitled "A Futuristic Harvest Moon", like how Rune Factory was "A Fantasy Harvet Moon".

... why did we not got more Innocent Life games...?

Huh, that's interesting.

The setting for a sci-fi farming simulator wouldn't be hard to think up, I'd say. Easiest would be you're part of a colonization project on a far-off planet, and matter replicators aren't a thing yet, so food has to still be grown the old fashioned way. Well, here's a whole planet, go.

I'm told in the tradition of Arabic calligraphy, a calligrapher must make their own reed pens. Perhaps there's something to that.😛

Haven't heard of that example exactly, but yes, I'm familiar with the philosophy.

-Even though I have no connection the franchise whatsoever, reading it was humorous.😄 I guess I find poor translations rich in comedy.

Speaking of misnamings...

Rune Factory Frontier Part #61 - Secret Agent Man

... just... how...

34 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Didn't we had Innocent Life for a Sci-Fi esque farming simulator? It was even subtitled "A Futuristic Harvest Moon", like how Rune Factory was "A Fantasy Harvet Moon".

... why did we not got more Innocent Life games...?

Because the world is a sad place.😛

...An android would actually be a good choice for an RF protagonist. Amnesia in humans? Fairly unrealistic. Amnesia in a robot, a few damaged/corrupted memory banks is easy to do. And at the same time have "hey I'm really good at this whole farming thing!" be pretty natural too, b/c quick-to-process-information robot brain.😜

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The setting for a sci-fi farming simulator wouldn't be hard to think up, I'd say. Easiest would be you're part of a colonization project on a far-off planet, and matter replicators aren't a thing yet, so food has to still be grown the old fashioned way. Well, here's a whole planet, go.

And, you could have some fun with it. Like, while you'd have access to a dirt field with natural sunlight available, you could instead swap sunlight for UV lights, or the dirt for hydroponics. Plus, the developers could go crazy and include the domestication of alien plants or the gene splicing of alien flora into Earthling stuff.

There's potential here!😃

40 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Speaking of misnamings...

Rune Factory Frontier Part #61 - Secret Agent Man

... just... how...

Ah yeah, I was aware of this.😄

Well, I never played RF4, so I don't know if Sechs is vocalized there. But if it's pronounced "Zikes", I think you could get that out of "Zzyzx".

Think on the bright side- with a spelling like that, nobody will ever think it's the Sex Empire.😃

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Because the world is a sad place.😛

...An android would actually be a good choice for an RF protagonist. Amnesia in humans? Fairly unrealistic. Amnesia in a robot, a few damaged/corrupted memory banks is easy to do. And at the same time have "hey I'm really good at this whole farming thing!" be pretty natural too, b/c quick-to-process-information robot brain.😜

It was certainly a novelty idea for sure. Would be cool to have that again. If I recall, the game did not had romance since, well, you play as an android. Though I did read up the android could have a dream sequence about being married (I guess not all dreams are of electric sheep).

And, you could have some fun with it. Like, while you'd have access to a dirt field with natural sunlight available, you could instead swap sunlight for UV lights, or the dirt for hydroponics. Plus, the developers could go crazy and include the domestication of alien plants or the gene splicing of alien flora into Earthling stuff.

There's potential here!😃

Indeed! Not just plants but also alien fauna. There's plenty of potential there.

The gene splicing reminds me how that's actually a thing in A Wonderful Life. You could create and grow hybrid crops. A curious one-setting thing, since best I know it was never brought back.

And speaking of A Wonderful Life, imposing some kind of goal like in the early games could also be possible. Like, must accomplish so and so in X time, else the colony project fails. But I suppose that sort of thing is a thing of the past.

Ah yeah, I was aware of this.😄

Well, I never played RF4, so I don't know if Sechs is vocalized there. But if it's pronounced "Zikes", I think you could get that out of "Zzyzx".

Think on the bright side- with a spelling like that, nobody will ever think it's the Sex Empire.😃

I don't think so, actually. Not Zikes. It is indeed kinda like saying sex, pft. Sechs itself is German for Six, and the Katakana is pretty close to that. ゼクス used in Rune Factory, but the number is ゼクス. You know, like a certain Zechs Merquise. XD

I guess that can be an upside, though, hahaha.

On 5/27/2024 at 9:25 AM, Armagon said:

Real talk, this episode will either be amazing or absolute dogshit with no in-between. 

Yeah that was pretty good but the ending.....the ending....

Nobody else here watches Doctor Who so imma just

Ncuti Gatwa acted his soul out in this scene. In his thousands of years throughout time and space, for the very first time, someone has refused The Doctor's help for bigoted reasons. Never before has The Doctor seen such stupidity, which is saying a lot because he has met some incredibly stupid individuals. Even when people like The Master refused The Doctor's help, it was out of spite, not out of bigotry.

I did expect The Doctor's race to be brought up but i was expecting it out of a historical, not a futuristic. 

4 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

9cL4OEu.jpeg

If i speak....

..An android would actually be a good choice for an RF protagonist. Amnesia in humans? Fairly unrealistic. Amnesia in a robot, a few damaged/corrupted memory banks is easy to do. And at the same time have "hey I'm really good at this whole farming thing!" be pretty natural too, b/c quick-to-process-information robot brain.😜

And of course, a classic human/android romance where the latter learns the emotion of love (do not ask where the kids come from).

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And of course, a classic human/android romance where the latter learns the emotion of love (do not ask where the kids come from).

Fly! Pow! Bye! — genre: Robots (2005) dir. Chris Wedge

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Indeed! Not just plants but also alien fauna. There's plenty of potential there.

Although, a bubble cow and a wooly will inevitably be among the alien lifeforms.🐮🐑  Plus a sandworm and a menacing-looking eyeless humanoid thing for obvious sci-fi nods.

The gene splicing reminds me how that's actually a thing in A Wonderful Life. You could create and grow hybrid crops. A curious one-setting thing, since best I know it was never brought back.

One of those ideas that probably deserves to be brought back. Since selective plant (& livestock) breeding has been how humanity got to where it is today. Wild maize & wheat aren't the same as the plants we eat now. Plus it could inject some fun additional complexity into farming.

And speaking of A Wonderful Life, imposing some kind of goal like in the early games could also be possible. Like, must accomplish so and so in X time, else the colony project fails. But I suppose that sort of thing is a thing of the past.

The SNES original, 64, Back to Nature, AWL, Save the Homeland, Innocent Life if one wants to count that, and I think Hero of Leaf Valley was the last to have a deadline?

I could see how a deadline could undermine the chillness of the games. -But then give the player the option to turn it off/indefinitely delay the deadline.

I don't think so, actually. Not Zikes. It is indeed kinda like saying sex, pft. Sechs itself is German for Six, and the Katakana is pretty close to that. ゼクス used in Rune Factory, but the number is ゼクス. You know, like a certain Zechs Merquise. XD

I need to get back to that tomorrow. I've logged like 60 hours into Endless Legend since I paused W, and I can only think of how I could've better spent that time.😆

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

If i speak....

*Sounds you out with the noise of a jet engine at full power.*✈️

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Call it "reverse cybernetics". Instead of adding machine to flesh, you integrate flesh into machine. Eventually with enough gradual additions, the android protagonist makes the successful transition into a biorobot/synthetic human, making the whole kids thing easier to imagine. Or, maybe it's an accidental, not intentional metal to organic transition, caused by an alien bacterium capable of ingesting metal and transforming it. It's plot-important for reasons.

47 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

20240531195316_1.jpg?ex=665becaf&is=665a

Well well well...

Modded in the Soviets, and against Cathy. The tsarina and the tsar-killer. Don't forget to take Order, comrade.😜

Excellent start too if I might say. -Provided the German princess doesn't launch an invasion b/c proximity.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, a bubble cow and a wooly will inevitably be among the alien lifeforms.🐮🐑  Plus a sandworm and a menacing-looking eyeless humanoid thing for obvious sci-fi nods.

Woolys IN SPACE. XD

One of those ideas that probably deserves to be brought back. Since selective plant (& livestock) breeding has been how humanity got to where it is today. Wild maize & wheat aren't the same as the plants we eat now. Plus it could inject some fun additional complexity into farming.

Surprisingly, crop hybrids had no relation to the character that is an actual (mad) scientist. Rather it's taught to you from a two-headed talking plant who also is the one who combines them to create the hybrid seeds. So still fantastical in origin. But in a proper sci-fi setting, it could be left to be done by, well, science proper.

The SNES original, 64, Back to Nature, AWL, Save the Homeland, Innocent Life if one wants to count that, and I think Hero of Leaf Valley was the last to have a deadline?

I could see how a deadline could undermine the chillness of the games. -But then give the player the option to turn it off/indefinitely delay the deadline.

Hmm, yeah, talk about right. Though in most of them you could at least then play freely and indefinitely once you got past that. So the deadline at least did served to add something to the game beyond just "go nuts". But I can see how that could get in the way of, well, "go nuts". So a toggable thing or separate mode for it could be workable, perhaps. Or just do it like Rune Factory. No deadlines, just an actual story where you dictate when to advance through it.

I need to get back to that tomorrow. I've logged like 60 hours into Endless Legend since I paused W, and I can only think of how I could've better spent that time.😆

Ah, it's okay.

Call it "reverse cybernetics". Instead of adding machine to flesh, you integrate flesh into machine. Eventually with enough gradual additions, the android protagonist makes the successful transition into a biorobot/synthetic human, making the whole kids thing easier to imagine. Or, maybe it's an accidental, not intentional metal to organic transition, caused by an alien bacterium capable of ingesting metal and transforming it. It's plot-important for reasons.

Now I'm reminded on what the Borg Queen was doing to Data in First Contact. Grafting actual skin tissue on him.