• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

One thing i super appreciate in Paper Mario tho, and it's something i appreciate in FE as well (makes sense, same dev)...

Small numbers. Small easily calculable numbers.

I know exactly what you mean. Easily calculable damage numbers makes both those series so much better than a lot RPGs where the numbers might as well be meaningless beyond big is good.

This is the gayest thing i've seen in the show in a while.

On 6/6/2024 at 10:38 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll see about juggling XC3 and Nexus beside each other. The former requiring narrative immersion from me and the latter being pure gameplay goodness means they won't overlap.

You said this before.

13 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

20240509213500_1.jpg?ex=666475f0&is=6663

America after the election probably

Why is that bit of Mexico like that? What is this, the Kazakhstani/Mongolian border?

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why is that bit of Mexico like that? What is this, the Kazakhstani/Mongolian border?

AI doesn't exactly have a set plan when taking over the in-game states in Paradox games. Well, most of the time. So you end up sometimes with weird enclaves still waiting for their turn to be taken.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ugh, don't remind me of beating Shinra in Sphere Break...

I apologise! It -is- very satisfying though! 

I admit, the Sphere Break game is poorly explained in-game. Their tutorial is way overcomplicated.

@Acacia Sgt

I don't mind that this exists, a sign of awareness of it going a little beyond its niche.😛

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

You said this before.

I, know, my word is worthless. Without a hard deadline, I'm really, really, really bad.😅 it's an utter disgrace to spoken vows for me to say anything.🤣

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

I apologise! It -is- very satisfying though! 

I admit, the Sphere Break game is poorly explained in-game. Their tutorial is way overcomplicated.

Certainly took several tries, though, heh.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't mind that this exists, a sign of awareness of it going a little beyond its niche.😛

Ooh, nice.

Buddhism-Redo.png

Considering all the named Jovians are Japanese, no surprise the Pure Land would extend to Jupiter.

-Finally got back to W. Jarring at first, given how much plot I have to lower myself back into with SRW. Only did the one battle.

So back to the Martian ruins -but first the Earth Alliance tries attacking Warter. A Boson Jump fixes this, but it does leave me pondering how SEED is going to play out. Blue Cosmos just attacked the good guys, even if Natarle cloned herself a thousand times, how in the entire galaxy will Warter grudgingly go along with the Alliance once it's time for SEED's story? Like, Spitbreak/Alaska, I can't see how the heroes would be duped into getting caught in the Cyclops, and I'm not sure if Azrael even would be patient enough to wait on that to kill them. Is the SEED storyline going to get bent more this time in SRW? It is SEED's third appearance, its story already been played straight before. Will Astray put Kira & Athrun kinda on the backburner (yet you could only do that so much when things will eventually go nuclear) and lead the SEED narrative ...astray?😛 I'm curious.

At Mars, the final battle of Martian Successor Nadesico. -With my first enigmatic sighting of a bad guy from The Prince of Darkness. Did as required for Genichiro and keeping Akatsuki and defeated the Kagurazuki instead of getting the Nadesico to the ruins. No challenge there given no time limit nor retreat HP value, though the three named Jovians all packing MAP Gravity Blasts made things kinda hairy. I really should upgrade more units of mine.

Gai lives, Fukube is said to be as well, so does Tsukumo (who joins afterwards), everything goes well here, doesn't it?😄 -Though this upturn will be short-lived, given the movie should create a new crisis soon enough. And as per a final battle, this one gave the license leads lines once the Gekiganger music started playing and the Galra showed up as a Warter-Jovians unifying third faction. I liked how the Jovians are infatuated with -as someone commented after the battle- Nyna Fala being a literal anime princess. And I get to lay eyes for the first time on the gold cube that's to blame for the Jovians occasionally dodging my attacks.

On to Jupiter, for the last fight before the timeskip? Looks like it'll be GGG and GoLion again.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Finally got back to W. Jarring at first, given how much plot I have to lower myself back into with SRW. Only did the one battle.

Good to see this back, heh.

So back to the Martian ruins -but first the Earth Alliance tries attacking Warter. A Boson Jump fixes this, but it does leave me pondering how SEED is going to play out. Blue Cosmos just attacked the good guys, even if Natarle cloned herself a thousand times, how in the entire galaxy will Warter grudgingly go along with the Alliance once it's time for SEED's story? Like, Spitbreak/Alaska, I can't see how the heroes would be duped into getting caught in the Cyclops, and I'm not sure if Azrael even would be patient enough to wait on that to kill them. Is the SEED storyline going to get bent more this time in SRW? It is SEED's third appearance, its story already been played straight before. Will Astray put Kira & Athrun kinda on the backburner (yet you could only do that so much when things will eventually go nuclear) and lead the SEED narrative ...astray?😛 I'm curious.

Ah, well, you'll see once you get to the timeskip point.

Still, such situations are not that strange. SRW 64 has a big route choice where the heroes can actually join OZ. Wufei will leave the party and never becomes playable again if you do this, but it happens. This also leads to Anavel Gato becoming temporary playable for a few maps, too. It's kinda interesting since this dictates some late game changes. Char does his Axis drop in 64, but depending if you joined OZ or not, it's either of Milliard/Zechs or Gato acting as his second in command.

As it is, probably the biggest and well known example is in Z1, with half the playable cast working for ZAFT, leading to the famous "party vs party" map.

At Mars, the final battle of Martian Successor Nadesico. -With my first enigmatic sighting of a bad guy from The Prince of Darkness. Did as required for Genichiro and keeping Akatsuki and defeated the Kagurazuki instead of getting the Nadesico to the ruins. No challenge there given no time limit nor retreat HP value, though the three named Jovians all packing MAP Gravity Blasts made things kinda hairy. I really should upgrade more units of mine.

Gai lives, Fukube is said to be as well, so does Tsukumo (who joins afterwards), everything goes well here, doesn't it?😄 -Though this upturn will be short-lived, given the movie should create a new crisis soon enough. And as per a final battle, this one gave the license leads lines once the Gekiganger music started playing and the Galra showed up as a Warter-Jovians unifying third faction. I liked how the Jovians are infatuated with -as someone commented after the battle- Nyna Fala being a literal anime princess. And I get to lay eyes for the first time on the gold cube that's to blame for the Jovians occasionally dodging my attacks.

Yeah, this being the only (well, save for R but it goes in an unusual way due to time travel shenanigans) SRW with both the TV series and movie storylines, allows for actually unique development. Like actually having Gai and Tsukumo present for the Prince of Darkness plot. As SRW games that only use Prince of Darkness (MX, V, T, etc) will keep them dead, then you're soon to enjoy a very unique experience.

And as such, this is the one SRW that has to keep Prince of Darkness able to happen. It mostly was since Kusakabe gets his hands on the Calculation Unit. As you saw in A and J, SRW tends to either make the Calculation Unit out of the Jovians hands (A), or outright kills Kusakabe (J). Here, neither happens, just like in the TV Series, which is why the setting can have a happy ending while leaving things open for further conflict.

You can tell the Jovians needed different media to consume. XD Or maybe just not take it to the extreme to essentially live out what they watched, pft.

On to Jupiter, for the last fight before the timeskip? Looks like it'll be GGG and GoLion again.

One good way to tell if you're reaching the timeskip is Kazuma's diary. Are you close to February 14? If so, then...

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Certainly took several tries, though, heh.

Agreed, but that satisfying sensation for knocking him down... Ah, such relief! Xd

-GAH! Two humping hornets just landed on my laptop! ...And they're off now.😅 -Felt like recording this for posterity.😝

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Good to see this back, heh.

I needed the breather. Though I admit it was too long of one. And now I need a breather from Etrian Odyssey because, even if only played it for like 2-3 days (YOU DON'T NEED TO READ ANYTHING IN THE BOX! -Just showing via sheer quantity of text how I wasted my time and thinking planning it all out in like two days.😅)...

Spoiler

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl Team Ideas:

Ronin-Medic-Protector/Alchemist-Troubadour

• Ronin- The old Swallow Strike, with the occasional hit of other things.
  • Medic- Build for heals in the back row initially, swap to Clear Strike later. You really want to try a combat medic.
  • Protector- Does what a Protector does, later add Shield Smite.
  • Alchemist- Set the world on fire, or ice, or shock it. Simple.
  • Troubadour- Doesn’t need Echoing Rondo this time. Consider Fantasia, or Barbaric March. Taboo Rondo is still great for Ronin. Peace Ballad is always lovely too.

Or, swap the Ronin for a Dark Hunter. Try Drain Bite and Bait, not as good as Ecstasy, but not terrible.

Shame the Internet doesn’t tell you what the treasure chest Grimoire Stones in EOU are, if you knew if any had the elemental Walls, and of what level, you could possibly ditch the Protector. And it's annoying that Gunner and Highlander require I run through Story Mode first.

Nexus redux team ideas:

Team 1

Imperial-Shogun-Protector/Gunner Zodiac-Sovereign

• Imperial does Drives, as it should.
  • Shogun can use Front Command. Applies Great Warrior on the Imperial, Gunner Protector, or itself. Alternatively uses a katana attack.
  • Protector uses the Guards and Walls, as well as Taunt for predictable Front Command procs. Later maximizes this with Shield Flare.
  • Gunner provides more offense? Admittedly, it doesn’t fit in all too well with the rest of this team.
    • As weak as it is, maybe Zodiac? Ether Shot does benefit from Elemental Arms.
      • And honestly, this team already looks pretty good, having a weaker class shouldn’t be a big deal.
      • Dark Ether can be timed for Drive + Five-Ring Sword + Shield Bash (maybe) turns, serious TP savings here.
      • Imperial is strong against bosses, weak in randoms; the Zodiac is strong in randoms, weak in bosses, they balance out.
      • Prophecies and Walls are redundant, but that frees the Protector to indulge in more Shield-attacking in the game where it’s great.
      • Can take up a Harbinger subclass to throw on some additional lategame debuffs? Relegating the Zodiac to a more supportive role that is.
  • Sovereign provides healing, and Elemental Arms to the front row. The Imperial’s Natural Edge and several of the Shogun’s katana skills plus the Commands all benefit from Arms.
    • Maybe Ninja as its lategame subclass? Twice the buffing speeds up the process.

Team 2

Hero-Highlander-Gunner-Survivalist-Medic

• Hero is a hero, it does everything outside of Binds & Ailments.
  • Highlander supposedly has some synergy with Hero. Bulky enough to not care at all about not having a Protector. Can get Spear Assists imbued from the Hero and Gunner.
  • Gunner is more back row offense. Specializes in the Charged skills, though it could add in the binds.
  • Survivalist could consider dodgetanking + Hazy Arrow, not that the team requires it. Quick Step is good when I don’t feel like activating Intensive Care and didn’t predict the need for a Delayed Heal (the Gunner will always use Act Quick for the TP savings). Otherwise a little weak, but the rest of this team is solid.
  • Medic heals and debuffs enemy offense, nothing more to it than that. Deja Vu makes Bloody Offense a nonissue to keep up.
    • Between Miracle Edge, Hero Battle, and Intensive Care/Healing Touch, that’s three healing Force skills. Plenty of emergency healing.

Team 3- Binds & Ailments

Nightseeker-Pugilist-Harbinger/Ninja-Arcanist

…Or do you get rid of the Ninja, move the Harbinger to the back, and add a War Magus to the front? That’s sooooo much healing though. Maybe no Arcanist then? Nightseeker-Pugilist-War Magus/Ninja-Harbinger. War Magus and Harbinger can swap places when no ailment is inflicted.

• Nightseeker would be big damage and some ailments.
  • Pugilist would be on bind duty. Hopefully it could find a chance to 5-hit Leading Blow at some point, maybe via a lucky combination of Shadow Bind + Headcut/Concussion + Armcut/Arm Breaker?
  • War Magus would heal. Except when ailments are inflicted, then it could either Ailing Slash or Guard Slash or bind-Cut.
  • Harbinger uses Wilting/Binding Miasmas, maybe Atonement or Eroding Miasma, or even Ephemeral Reap when the Magus is in the back.
  • Ninja- Best source of Panic and Petrify, the two best ailments around. Hawk Strike could provide some damage too, this team could use it. Creating a Bunshin is optional, but maybe lower risk with so much shutdown.

Nexus classes according to row preference:

• Front-only
    1. Hero (ideally likes a front row slot open for full damage Afterimages)
    2. Highlander
    3. Ronin
    4. Landsknecht
    5. Nightseeker (can work in the back row -but only when using Throws)
    6. Imperial (can spend the off-Drive turns in the back)
    7. Pugilist
  • Back-preferring
    1. Medic (unless using the gimmicky Heavy Strike)
    2. Survivalist (might be better attracting hits in the front row, not sure of enemy aggro math)
    3. Gunner
    4. Sovereign
    5. Ninja (might be better attracting hits in the front row)
    6. Zodiac
    7. Farmer (unless using Harvest Festival for damage, not just insta-death)
    8. Arcanist
  • Flexible, to a degree
    1. Protector (not as much if Provoke tanking, I think)
    2. War Magus (can’t use Ailing Slash from the back)
    3. Shogun (if using Commands and buffs, but not the sword attacks)
    4. Harbinger (if focused on debuffs/ailments/healing, which it probably will given Ephemeral Reap’s debuff dispelling is a drawback, ailment reaps aren’t used for damage so the back row is okay (unless trying to hit the enemy’s back row))

…You should just charge up the 3DS and finish 2 Untold, the Soul Liberator team. Maybe Rest the Alchemist from Palm to the normal build, if it’d help with the Overlord. Then walk into the 6th Stratum to see it, and be done with it.

If you wanted to try another 2 Untold run… what would you even choose for it?

• Whip Dark Hunter-War Magus/Hexer + two other things for another -yet different- Binds & Ailments team?
    • Troubadour is great for offense I’m told. War Magus already has healing, and you mostly don’t require a tank.
    • Maybe Gunner? It also has binds, even if finding a level 10 Stigmata grimoire stone would give the Hexer all the binds you need (or even a lower level would work against those with a bind immunity). Point Blank, Charged Shots, and Ricochet all alike enjoy having the bad guys shut down.
  • Beast again, this time with Point Blank!Gunner instead of PAlmchemist? But then wouldn’t that mean Medic again since it suits Beast better than War Magus too?
    • You’d also need to decide on some additional offense. Would a Ronin be viable with the Beast around? If a War Magus, maybe Hexer to enable Ailing Slash? -But then the Beast would end up with free turns doing this.
    • Fantasias and Barbaric March work well with a Beast I’m told, maybe Troubadour then? -Except you’d really, really need another attacker.
    • … PBGunner-Ronin-Beast/Medic-Troubadour. The Beast and Medic remain, the ailments are out the window.
    • The Ronin’s Frigid Slash apparently works with Compression, cool! And Point Blank. Drawing Stance-Compression-Point Blank is a three-turn setup, but then Immovable and War Song can prolong the Drawing Compression and Crusade can maximize the damage.
    • Gunner meanwhile does Point Blank > Action Boost + Ricochet/A Charged Shot > Point Blank > Burst Shot timed with a Compressed Point Blank Frigid Slash backed by Crusade and the Medic throwing up a Freeze Circle (and who on an earlier turn used Medical Rod for the elemental defense debuff).
      • The first buff the Troubadour throws up needs to be the Fantasia, so that it can be overwritten without issue by the Ronin and Gunner with Compression and Power Gel respectively. Then Prelude and either Barbaric March (for durability) or Warrior Song (for more power). -Keep in mind you need good Compression and Power Gel grimoire stones first for this to be brought into consideration.

-Guild Esbat is very annoying for any no-Protector or Beast team though. They’re basically immune to shutdown and both having kamikaze attacks is very nasty, makes winning against them so much harder if you lack either tank class.

...I was able to burn myself out on it even so.😆

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

One good way to tell if you're reaching the timeskip is Kazuma's diary. Are you close to February 14? If so, then...

December 26th was the scenario I just finished. So over a month away -but then I don't think we're Boson Jumping to Jupiter. The distance between the two planets is... ~550.39 million km/342.01 million miles. No idea what the top cruising speeds on the Nadesico and Valstork are, but I presume that's going to take up a good chunk of time.

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As it is, probably the biggest and well known example is in Z1, with half the playable cast working for ZAFT, leading to the famous "party vs party" map.

Sounds fun to me. Tie some of the heroes to anti-Earth crazies instead of solely the anti-Space ones.😄

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Still, such situations are not that strange. SRW 64 has a big route choice where the heroes can actually join OZ. Wufei will leave the party and never becomes playable again if you do this, but it happens. This also leads to Anavel Gato becoming temporary playable for a few maps, too. It's kinda interesting since this dictates some late game changes. Char does his Axis drop in 64, but depending if you joined OZ or not, it's either of Milliard/Zechs or Gato acting as his second in command.

After the extremely-thin inclusion of Wing in Shin, it's nice to see that 64 went all-out with it. And Zechs as Char's second is 😆, kindred spirits for sure. Shame 64 continued with Shin's lacking animations, but then how else would they have fitted an SRW on a 64 cartridge? ...Okay, maybe it could've held a bunch of additional 2D spritework. Perhaps Ogre Battle 64 would answer that question for me, given Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness got shifted to the GBA.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, this being the only (well, save for R but it goes in an unusual way due to time travel shenanigans) SRW with both the TV series and movie storylines, allows for actually unique development.

Wonderful! Another truly unique experience to be had, to cherish.😄 I like the sound of that. This, Astray, Orgun, GoLion, Tekkaman Blade second season, sure seems like W has a lot of irreplaceable interactions.😃 

26 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like actually having Gai and Tsukumo present for the Prince of Darkness plot. As SRW games that only use Prince of Darkness (MX, V, T, etc) will keep them dead, then you're soon to enjoy a very unique experience.

So a laive Gai isn't overplayed factoring that in (and the odd case of BX). Considering A-J-W all do that. (No offense to Gai, and I do prefer potentially playable characters living in SRW, more toys for me.)

Also, should I allow myself long-term use of the Daitetsujin on this run? Nadesico is a Real series, but how is that particular mech not a Super?😛

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

December 26th was the scenario I just finished. So over a month away -but then I don't think we're Boson Jumping to Jupiter. The distance between the two planets is... ~550.39 million km/342.01 million miles. No idea what the top cruising speeds on the Nadesico and Valstork are, but I presume that's going to take up a good chunk of time.

They didn't? I guess it's due to Valstork, then.

Sounds fun to me. Tie some of the heroes to anti-Earth crazies instead of solely the anti-Space ones.😄

Well, part of that rift is that they're being duped with false information about what the other side is doing (the two groups split up beforehand), but there were already some frictions. As it is, which side you end up playing with depends on which OG protagonist you choose.

After the extremely-thin inclusion of Wing in Shin, it's nice to see that 64 went all-out with it. And Zechs as Char's second is 😆, kindred spirits for sure. Shame 64 continued with Shin's lacking animations, but then how else would they have fitted an SRW on a 64 cartridge? ...Okay, maybe it could've held a bunch of additional 2D spritework. Perhaps Ogre Battle 64 would answer that question for me, given Fire Emblem: Maiden of Darkness got shifted to the GBA.

F/FF got to include more, and I think that was before 64... but yes, 64 did even more than what F/FF did. Heero, Quatre, and Trowa are optional to permanently recruit in F/FF, and then route dependent to boot, having to take the DC Route instead of Guest/Poseydal. The five Wing boys are all also optional to recruit before that, but they all leave before that route split.

I think one of F/FF's highlights with Wing is that you need to recruit them (or at least just Quatre) the first time around to prevent the EVA bad ending, as Shinji becomes friends with Quatre.

But yeah, there was an increasingly use of Wing's content from Shin to F/FF to 64 and finally culminating with Alpha 1. This is where the shift to use Endless Waltz began. With Compact, A, Alpha Gaiden (and by default Alpha 2 and 3 being post-script for Wing), R, and Compact 3. D would use TV Wing again, though with somewhat less content than its previous appearances. Though in exchange OZ actually becomes part of the good guys faction alongside Neo Zeon, so I guess they had that going on for them there.

You know, that reminds me how the 64 was practically barren in the RPG department. Like, I get developers like Squaresoft had moved to the Playstation, but like, sheesh, it's like they practically took the genre with them!

Wonderful! Another truly unique experience to be had, to cherish.😄 I like the sound of that. This, Astray, Orgun, GoLion, Tekkaman Blade second season, sure seems like W has a lot of irreplaceable interactions.😃 

Oh yeah, just the two-part structure alone definitely makes W unique. Allowing for series and their sequels to be in the same game.

So a laive Gai isn't overplayed factoring that in (and the odd case of BX). Considering A-J-W all do that. (No offense to Gai, and I do prefer potentially playable characters living in SRW, more toys for me.)

Also, should I allow myself long-term use of the Daitetsujin on this run? Nadesico is a Real series, but how is that particular mech not a Super?😛

Indeed. I think Gai also gets to live in Impact, but yeah, Gai and Tsukumo present for Prince of Darkness is also something unique to W.

Considering that, then I'd say yes, make use of the Daitetsujin while you can, heh. Since if you do ever get the VTX trilogy, well, it's not playable there!

Well, I'd say since, Gekiganger being the inspiration and the Boson Jump aside, it still had to be grounded in its construction? XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

So I'm randomly browsing through Youtube and then find this:

And I'm like, "did an anime really named someone Tijuana!?" LOL

But no, the name is actually Tifana, as in, ティファナ. Seems whoever did the subtitles got confused, pft, since the city's name in Katakana is actually...

*checks Wikipedia*

Ah, yes, it's more like Tifuana (ティフアナ). Which reminds how arbitrary it seems whenever they stick to the F sound or actually use a makeshift Hu. Even my name, Juan, is pronounced as Fuan, since it also uses フ.

But then, since I was checking the Wikipedia article, apparently it's also acceptable to write Tijuana's name as either Tiwana (ティワナ), or... Tifana (ティファナ). So... still don't get how the person making the subtitles chose Tijuana, pft. lol

So random, heh. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, continuing with TTYD...

Oh man, the Bowser battle was hilarious. I ended up getting the evasion-boosting mist, but only to my side. Then a falling prop deals the last point of damage to Bowser. XD The game certainly knows he's mostly here for comic relief. lol

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They didn't? I guess it's due to Valstork, then.

They already Organic Boson Jumped to Mars to escape the Earth Alliance, the Valstork included (because it contained a cache of Chulip Crystals that Blessfield had acquired many years ago). Scenario 25 begins on Jan 1st, so it didn't take very long to get to Jupiter.

Speaking of...

Spoiler

A “How & Why of the Nadesico” dedicated to Blessfield Ardygun. The Banpresto Original Dad finally gets his past revealed. …It’s more boring than I expected, though I know it can’t be the whole story. And the writing around the scene was still good.

The last pre-timeskip scuffle with the Galrans. Prince Sincline has a harem, why does he on some level feel like he could be an FE/Kaga villain then? Cult-kun Lady summoning a wandering planet that’s functionally black hole as a gravity well is a trick I don’t remember seeing before. My entire army spending like three turns immobilized wasn’t a problem, Shin Getter got most of the enemy attention and dealt with it. I even managed to kill two of the +30k HP Primevals while shackled to the gravity well, they were surprisingly squishy.

GaoGaiGar stuff then largely stole the thunder from the Galrans. Another use of The Power to make the rest of the fight a breeze. The cylinder Primevals had 11k HP each, but Mazinkaiser that free maximum Will boost from The Power for everyone (+onetime full SP regeneration) could 2HKO each of them with Turbo Smash Punch. Each was worth 4k funds and all the Galran battleships and lead Primevals, lots of cash here, should’ve brought more Bless. Doesn’t seem like Ace status provides a funds boost in W, only being given Favorites status does.

Jupiter containing the souls of important dead, including Takaya’s father, yay cross-license soul-preservation! (I don't understand how he claims responsibility for the Evoluted, when they've sure sounded like they're much older than a year or two.) Thank goodness UC Gundam isn’t here, if the plasma generators run off of gas collected from Jupiter itself, there could possibly be a chance they vacuumed up a spirit by mistake. Talk of the Recorders of Knowledge by the deceased is the first time the Database, albeit by another name, has been spoken of to the heroes. -Battle ends with Aria showing up and stating that she belongs to said group the dead just warned the heroes about!😛

Will do the second half of this two-scenario battle later tonight. Looks like Soldato J has joined, at least temporarily. Curiously he has EN maxed out on upgrades and five in Armor too. The same as GaoGaiGar, though upgrading GGG now doesn’t do anything for King J-Der, so they only share upgrades prior to J joining? Should’ve dumped some cash in GGG’s HP and weapons then, oh well.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, part of that rift is that they're being duped with false information about what the other side is doing (the two groups split up beforehand), but there were already some frictions. As it is, which side you end up playing with depends on which OG protagonist you choose.

That's a way to handle a route split. -And I do sincerely appreciate all the different ways SRW has managed to structure route splits over the years.

But yeah, there was an increasingly use of Wing's content from Shin to F/FF to 64 and finally culminating with Alpha 1. This is where the shift to use Endless Waltz began. With Compact, A, Alpha Gaiden (and by default Alpha 2 and 3 being post-script for Wing), R, and Compact 3. D would use TV Wing again, though with somewhat less content than its previous appearances. Though in exchange OZ actually becomes part of the good guys faction alongside Neo Zeon, so I guess they had that going on for them there.

Keeping D's sorta-dark turn of things going, isn't it?😀

And let's take a moment to admire the prolificness of SRW that it could chart a multi-step evolution in the portrayal of one particular anime.😄

Considering that, then I'd say yes, make use of the Daitetsujin while you can, heh. Since if you do ever get the VTX trilogy, well, it's not playable there!

Honestly the Daitetsujin doesn't seem all that bad for a supporting actor mech. High HP, great EN with S Regen, good Armor, a Distortion Field, very good durability, I don't think it'd even need Iron Wall/Guard to survive a turn vs. +10 enemies, Mazinkaiser so far doesn't (I did give it the one S Barrier so far). The only issue is lack of firepower, 3600 as the strongest attack is weak, but that can be worked around. It's a shield of great justice.

Using the Daitetsujin to the very end... I'm not sure of that.

Spoiler

SRW W 1st Run Final Team Considerations (Assuming 14 slots excluding the Banpresto Original.):

1. Genesic GaoGaiGar
  2. GoLion
  3. Shin Getter Robo
  4. Mazinkaiser
  5. Shin Great Mazinger
  6. Tekkaman Blade
  7. Tekkaman Rapier
  8. Detonator Orgun
  9. Mic Sounders XIII
  10. Blue Earth
  11. King J-Der
  12. Big Volfogg?

I'm not exactly sure who else will join that could possibly fill the remaining two slots. Or if Volfogg ends up being combined into Genesic (I haven't looked up who comprises it) -though even if it did, I know I'd be still be missing whoever the sixth Super AI is, unless it's somehow Mic.

-Still better than the NG+ Real run will be. Aesti, Wingers, the Arm Slaves, all the SEEDs that have yet to join. I'll go from having fairly-limited slot endgame slot options to a glut of them. ...Well, a glut once I get to the second half of W, since Real robots aren't all that many for most of the first half.

They already Organic Boson Jumped to Mars to escape the Earth Alliance, the Valstork included (because it contained a cache of Chulip Crystals that Blessfield had acquired many years ago). Scenario 25 begins on Jan 1st, so it didn't take very long to get to Jupiter.

Hmm, I guess the planets were in alignment? That would make the closest distance between them.

Speaking of...

A “How & Why of the Nadesico” dedicated to Blessfield Ardygun. The Banpresto Original Dad finally gets his past revealed. …It’s more boring than I expected, though I know it can’t be the whole story. And the writing around the scene was still good.

Oh, it certainly isn't...

The last pre-timeskip scuffle with the Galrans. Prince Sincline has a harem, why does he on some level feel like he could be an FE/Kaga villain then?

I think the whole Altea thing is getting way in your head. XD

Thank goodness UC Gundam isn’t here, if the plasma generators run off of gas collected from Jupiter itself, there could possibly be a chance they vacuumed up a spirit by mistake. 

I mean, UC Gundam and GGG have showed up in the same games. Alphaverse, T, and now 30.

Plot twist, the Jupiter Fleet includes a certain Shinra Electric Company in their midst.

That's a way to handle a route split. -And I do sincerely appreciate all the different ways SRW has managed to structure route splits over the years.

Yeah, I think for such situation they kept it as simple as possible. So sticking one protagonist to one side each of the ZAFT vs ZEUTH conflict. But yeah, it allows more variety in how route splits are implemented.

Keeping D's sorta-dark turn of things going, isn't it?😀

And let's take a moment to admire the prolificness of SRW that it could chart a multi-step evolution in the portrayal of one particular anime.😄

Pretty much. The initial chapters of D is basically OZ and Neo Zeon going through the realization there are bigger threats out there and they are among the few options left to fight them. Since for the most part, D doesn't have a lot of human enemy factions. It's mostly just the Zanscare, with just about everything else being aliens or the transdimensional Ruina. With the Federation disbanded/defeated, the only human organizations large enough left are OZ, Neo Zeon, Milliard's White Fang (who were already allied with Neo Zeon when D begins), and Macross 7's Battle 7 fleet. This alongside the usual Super Robot laboratories/bases. So basically D's main picture is that humanity, already in a bleak situation due to Getter Robo Armageddon's backstory, can't afford in-fighting with so many extraterrestrial threats around (though the Zanscare don't get that memo), and some being quite nasty like the Ruina and Invaders. It's enough to make even Char start to question his own motives.

Honestly the Daitetsujin doesn't seem all that bad for a supporting actor mech. High HP, great EN with S Regen, good Armor, a Distortion Field, very good durability, I don't think it'd even need Iron Wall/Guard to survive a turn vs. +10 enemies, Mazinkaiser so far doesn't (I did give it the one S Barrier so far). The only issue is lack of firepower, 3600 as the strongest attack is weak, but that can be worked around. It's a shield of great justice.

Using the Daitetsujin to the very end... I'm not sure of that.

Tsukumo does get the Love Seishin too.

Well, as we discussed with the likes of Deathscythe Hell, being a boss killer ain't everything. With it's Post-Movement high Hit/Crit rocket punch, and the 2-8 range Gravity Wave Cannon, the Daitetsujin I can easily see viable even to the very end. Just give it one of the crit-boosting parts so that GWC can also put on some extra damage, and perhaps a movement or range boosting part for the rocket punch, and it can be golden.

SRW W 1st Run Final Team Considerations (Assuming 14 slots excluding the Banpresto Original.):

1. Genesic GaoGaiGar
  2. GoLion
  3. Shin Getter Robo
  4. Mazinkaiser
  5. Shin Great Mazinger
  6. Tekkaman Blade
  7. Tekkaman Rapier
  8. Detonator Orgun
  9. Mic Sounders XIII
  10. Blue Earth
  11. King J-Der
  12. Big Volfogg?

I'm not exactly sure who else will join that could possibly fill the remaining two slots. Or if Volfogg ends up being combined into Genesic (I haven't looked up who comprises it) -though even if it did, I know I'd be still be missing whoever the sixth Super AI is, unless it's somehow Mic.

-Still better than the NG+ Real run will be. Aesti, Wingers, the Arm Slaves, all the SEEDs that have yet to join. I'll go from having fairly-limited slot endgame slot options to a glut of them. ...Well, a glut once I get to the second half of W, since Real robots aren't all that many for most of the first half.

Hmm, maybe you can add one of the Tekkaman from Part II? Or another of the GGG Super AI's.

Oh, since you feel it could be a Super Robot, maybe you can add the Daitetsujin here? XD If you do, the other slot can be for... well, if you saw it when looking up the game's secrets, then you can pair it up with the Alstromeia.

On 6/7/2024 at 6:14 PM, Lightcosmo said:

Triple Triad is playable if you talk to the boy on 2F in Balamb Garden, he gives you a playing deck for free.

Pretty sure that I already talked to him...But

On 6/7/2024 at 7:52 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

If one has any inclination towards card games

I'm also burnt out on card games, tbh