Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Big-Bad-Guy.png

Interesting.Β Can I counter-summon that Ten Man Topper Current Laban?πŸ˜›

Ehhhhh, I wouldn't have needed the universe-tosser. Being a direct continuation of the prior battle, all the GGG units are still infused with The Power for that 250 Will cap and full HP/EN regeneration every turn. Everyone else begins at 150 Will too. Guy and J can safely slice their way through this mess of massive HP units pretty easily. All the Zonder guys are worth oodles of cash too, would be a perfect grinding chapter if one wanted to do that (I think I earned 200-300k?). Some of that cash would probably be spent on repairs for losing units to those three mandatory turns of random HP-halving, but I lucked out and didn't lose anyone to it, even after it struck the Nadesico twice.

First fight against the Recorders of Knowledge baddies too. The fighter jets were all too easy to swat down. As were the Evoluted reinforcements.Β 

Annnnnd...

Valguard.png

Valguard! The Real + Battleship = Super has taken form! ...I sorta forgot about this intermediary between 'stork & 'hawk and 'zacard.πŸ˜…

Doesn't look bad in gameplay ofc (the sprite looks a little vertically squished). Although, it oddly lacks any ammo/EN-free attacks. And the cheapest EN attack is still 20. 460 with 10 upgrades is plenty, but I still think this would be the best user of EN-boosting Parts, maybe even the precious first Solar Panel, it does have a generous four Part slots. Didn't get to hear its new BGM, given Scenario 26 had musical override the entire time.

Sooooo J & Kaido are off to play dead now with GGG pre-Final finally over(?). (Random inquiry- when did Japan invent its "naive, heroic boy & cool, antiheroic boy" trope? Mamoru and Kaido, Mega Man and Proto Man, Django and Sabata, Pit and Dark Pit, possibly Pokemon with Red & Green/Blue. There's bound to be many more I'm missing.) The Evoluted Armada is en route to Earth, the Tekkamen are gleeful the Z-Master is destroyed. I also get to see the faces of the Database baddies now, their weird names aside, I see they're all human in appearance, and sounds like they'll be the opposition in the next battle. As for the date they're waiting for, February 14th... that's Valentine's Day ...SEED, Bloody Valentine, are these guys going to nudge Azrael into pulling the nuclear trigger?πŸš€β˜’οΈ

Β 

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, as we discussed with the likes of Deathscythe Hell, being a boss killer ain't everything. With it's Post-Movement high Hit/Crit rocket punch, and the 2-8 range Gravity Wave Cannon, the Daitetsujin I can easily see viable even to the very end. Just give it one of the crit-boosting parts so that GWC can also put on some extra damage, and perhaps a movement or range boosting part for the rocket punch, and it can be golden.

I was thinking of that comparison actually. Definitely agree with it.

Oh, since you feel it could be a Super Robot, maybe you can add the Daitetsujin here? XD If you do, the other slot can be for... well, if you saw it when looking up the game's secrets, then you can pair it up with the Alstromeia.

I won't be getting that until... Scenario 46, still another 20 away.⏳

Plot twist, the Jupiter Fleet includes a certain Shinra Electric Company in their midst.

πŸ˜„

Though I was thinking more "What if someone revved up their Mobile Suit and suddenly had their displays hijacked by a ghost who just really wanted to talk?".

Pretty much. The initial chapters of D is basically OZ and Neo Zeon going through the realization there are bigger threats out there and they are among the few options left to fight them.

Congratulations, you get to rule the world!πŸ˜ƒ Now live up to your promises and show that you can protect it!😝

Since for the most part, D doesn't have a lot of human enemy factions. It's mostly just the Zanscare, with just about everything else being aliens or the transdimensional Ruina. With the Federation disbanded/defeated, the only human organizations large enough left are OZ, Neo Zeon, Milliard's White Fang (who were already allied with Neo Zeon when D begins), and Macross 7's Battle 7 fleet. This alongside the usual Super Robot laboratories/bases. So basically D's main picture is that humanity, already in a bleak situation due to Getter Robo Armageddon's backstory, can't afford in-fighting with so many extraterrestrial threats around (though the Zanscare don't get that memo), and some being quite nasty like the Ruina and Invaders.

Going with 90% aliens for the bad guys? Hmm...

Well, thinking on GC, it was, minus Zeon-Giganos (heavily emphasized in the beginning), it was mostly aliens. The only other non-aliens or transdimensional beings being Dr. Hell (barely a presence) and the Dinosaur Empire (also not well-integrated), and Khamen-Khamen was an intergalactic cultist. Although, I guess you can say the aliens there were all different flavors. Pentagonans and Gradosians didn't quite taste the same as Muge and Zarl, the Real-Super divide and all. And the Sasuraiger half of Edonian affairs was Solar-System-Humans-Creatively-Transplanted-Into-Deep-Space, so not true aliens but rather a complicated situation SRW had to write in.

A on the other hand... Vegans, Bharmians, Campbellians, Boazanians, Megaborgs, a dash of Gaizok, all Super aliens. Counterbalanced by the midgame G Gundam focus, some early Stardust Memory on the UC Gundam side too, and the debuts of Nadesico and Dragonar. The Vegans didn't show up until late, the Campbellians always felt like a supplementary part of the Super bad guys (as were the Hyakki and the Mycenaeans), the Megaborgs disappeared for a long stretch of the game, and the Gaizok were just disposable pawns of Shadow Mirror (and it wasn't fully explained why they were).

And then for J... Gradosians, Boazanians, Radam. ...That's it. Pretty light on the total number of different aliens, though plenty present. -Oh, and the Fury I suppose.πŸŒ•

It's enough to make even Char start to question his own motives.

How I wonder what they had written for him for this totally-not-in-the-Counterattack scenario.πŸ˜„

Even as you outline yet more details of the many you have already relayed to me about D, I'm still left eager to witness its story myself.πŸ˜† If only it was translated.

Hmm, maybe you can add one of the Tekkaman from Part II?

New Tekkamen?πŸ˜ƒΒ -I'll just have to wait and see who/what they are. Although if they're more Sols, then they can stay on the bench, those things were pretty low on the totem pole in J.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

*Surfs the Web past midnight*

Armed Fantasia, the spiritual successor to theΒ Wild ArmsΒ series,Β takes place in the land of Londenium. The protagonist, Ingram, decides to leave his hometown after his grandfather passes away.Β 

🀭

...And of course they get a gun (given they're named after a gun).

---

image.jpg

Must've washed up on the beach.πŸŒŠβ›΅ Official BTW.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Big-Bad-Guy.png

Interesting.Β Can I counter-summon that Ten Man Topper Current Laban?πŸ˜›

Fun fact. In Alphaverse, Z Master shows up in Alpha 3 (I guess since they had to wait until Alpha 2 to add it, so the second half of the original series and FINAL ended up in the same game), and while he looks impressive here, in there... he's only one tile big, pft.

You'd think the 3D format means they couldn't do this, but then they had no problem with the giant Rei from the End of Evangelion (second) finale. Then again, you don't have to fight the giant Rei, but you do the Z Master. Though they did solved this issue eventually, since in V the Giant ELS is in the background, but also fightable by making you select an "empty" tile as if something was there.

Ehhhhh, I wouldn't have needed the universe-tosser. Being a direct continuation of the prior battle, all the GGG units are still infused with The Power for that 250 Will cap and full HP/EN regeneration every turn. Everyone else begins at 150 Will too. Guy and J can safely slice their way through this mess of massive HP units pretty easily. All the Zonder guys are worth oodles of cash too, would be a perfect grinding chapter if one wanted to do that (I think I earned 200-300k?). Some of that cash would probably be spent on repairs for losing units to those three mandatory turns of random HP-halving, but I lucked out and didn't lose anyone to it, even after it struck the Nadesico twice.

First fight against the Recorders of Knowledge baddies too. The fighter jets were all too easy to swat down. As were the Evoluted reinforcements.Β 

The first half of the game is certainly ending with a bang. The Z Master is definitely a good climax boss.

Annnnnd...

Valguard.png

Valguard! The Real + Battleship = Super has taken form! ...I sorta forgot about this intermediary between 'stork & 'hawk and 'zacard.πŸ˜…

Doesn't look bad in gameplay ofc (the sprite looks a little vertically squished). Although, it oddly lacks any ammo/EN-free attacks. And the cheapest EN attack is still 20. 460 with 10 upgrades is plenty, but I still think this would be the best user of EN-boosting Parts, maybe even the precious first Solar Panel, it does have a generous four Part slots. Didn't get to hear its new BGM, given Scenario 26 had musical override the entire time.

You know, as it is it reminds me of the Macross. I guess it was the first instance of a humanoid battleship. Or at least among the first, and it would become a staple in the series as well.

Sooooo J & Kaido are off to play dead now with GGG pre-Final finally over(?). (Random inquiry- when did Japan invent its "naive, heroic boy & cool, antiheroic boy" trope? Mamoru and Kaido, Mega Man and Proto Man, Django and Sabata, Pit and Dark Pit, possibly Pokemon with Red & Green/Blue. There's bound to be many more I'm missing.)

Hmm... good question.

The Evoluted Armada is en route to Earth, the Tekkamen are gleeful the Z-Master is destroyed. I also get to see the faces of the Database baddies now, their weird names aside, I see they're all human in appearance, and sounds like they'll be the opposition in the next battle. As for the date they're waiting for, February 14th... that's Valentine's Day ...SEED, Bloody Valentine, are these guys going to nudge Azrael into pulling the nuclear trigger?πŸš€β˜’οΈ

And indeed the first part will end with a bang...

I won't be getting that until... Scenario 46, still another 20 away.⏳

Hmm, yeah, that would be pretty late. Still...

πŸ˜„

Though I was thinking more "What if someone revved up their Mobile Suit and suddenly had their displays hijacked by a ghost who just really wanted to talk?".

I mean, Newtype Ghosts are definitely a thing. So Newtypes at least would definitely be able to sense them if they were there.

Congratulations, you get to rule the world!πŸ˜ƒ Now live up to your promises and show that you can protect it!😝

Going with 90% aliens for the bad guys? Hmm...

Well, thinking on GC, it was, minus Zeon-Giganos (heavily emphasized in the beginning), it was mostly aliens. The only other non-aliens or transdimensional beings being Dr. Hell (barely a presence) and the Dinosaur Empire (also not well-integrated), and Khamen-Khamen was an intergalactic cultist. Although, I guess you can say the aliens there were all different flavors. Pentagonans and Gradosians didn't quite taste the same as Muge and Zarl, the Real-Super divide and all. And the Sasuraiger half of Edonian affairs was Solar-System-Humans-Creatively-Transplanted-Into-Deep-Space, so not true aliens but rather a complicated situation SRW had to write in.

A on the other hand... Vegans, Bharmians, Campbellians, Boazanians, Megaborgs, a dash of Gaizok, all Super aliens. Counterbalanced by the midgame G Gundam focus, some early Stardust Memory on the UC Gundam side too, and the debuts of Nadesico and Dragonar. The Vegans didn't show up until late, the Campbellians always felt like a supplementary part of the Super bad guys (as were the Hyakki and the Mycenaeans), the Megaborgs disappeared for a long stretch of the game, and the Gaizok were just disposable pawns of Shadow Mirror (and it wasn't fully explained why they were).

And then for J... Gradosians, Boazanians, Radam. ...That's it. Pretty light on the total number of different aliens, though plenty present. -Oh, and the Fury I suppose.πŸŒ•

Yeah, it's an interest contrast how many games go for different human/non-human ratios. As it is, I think the only game where you fight against humans the most is 2. Since the whole point is that there are no aliens... yet. So it's just humans and AI-controlled mechs all the way to the end. Just about the only non-humans in 2 are what few Dinosaur and Hyakki non AI enemies that show up. Which is... just one for each I think. Captain Radra for the Dinosaur Empire and Kochou Ki for the Hyakki. There's also Duke Freid, but no Vegans show up, thus making him the only alien of the game. When you think about it, maybe Bian found out about the Freid refugees, and that's how he knew more aliens would be coming over? At least for the Classicverse, this is a good guess as any.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, I think D is among the ones with the highest non-human ratio. Zanscare is the only full blown enemy human faction. OZ is hostile at the beginning since they're kinda caught in a civil war by those refusing to comply with Trieze and Lady Une's decision to ally with Neo Zeon, but that gets taken care off in the early game. Then there's the Megazone 23 enemies, but they're only a thing for just one chapter. Not to mention, while human, they do come from a different universe. They pretty much fled their world because of the Ruina. While you do fight Megazone 23 units later on, it's actually stated that the Zanscare raided the Megazone and... well, guess who did that when you consider the Megazone 23 units are motorbikes. XD So you're fighting Zanscare soldiers, even if they're still Megazone soldiers in the data. And the only other hostile humans are Beck and Scharzwald from Big O, and the latter is kinda suspect about being human, if I recall. So yeah. I don't think there's a SRW game with exclusively non-human enemies, I think. So D is among the most you'll get.

How I wonder what they had written for him for this totally-not-in-the-Counterattack scenario.πŸ˜„

Even as you outline yet more details of the many you have already relayed to me about D, I'm still left eager to witness its story myself.πŸ˜† If only it was translated.

Yeah, it's a big shame no one has thought to work on fan translating D yet. There's a menu translation patch, but that's about it. Just reading summaries ain't enough, for sure.

New Tekkamen?πŸ˜ƒΒ -I'll just have to wait and see who/what they are. Although if they're more Sols, then they can stay on the bench, those things were pretty low on the totem pole in J.

Hahaha, I don't think they are, so you're fine there.

Clinging to the blue light at 2 in the morning to delay confronting oneself as one usually does before dozing off to sleep. I'm getting into the semi-habit of this again.πŸ›οΈ

Β 

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, as it is it reminds me of the Macross. I guess it was the first instance of a humanoid battleship. Or at least among the first, and it would become a staple in the series as well.

I was thinking that could be the Valguard's inspiration. -Not like I'd really have any other idea of what it could be.πŸ˜…Β And it's not like I've actually seen the Super Dimensional Fortress Macross yet either.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The first half of the game is certainly ending with a bang. The Z Master is definitely a good climax boss.

GaoGaiGar sure has a lot of bang. This felt like the third final battle for GGG in W, it was a reason why I need a little break from W. Getting Goldion hammered with sooooo much GGG b/c it had to tell the entire pre-Final show in the first half got tiring. -Though I do like the bombast, it's just that one's body can only take so much of it at once.πŸ˜†

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, it's an interest contrast how many games go for different human/non-human ratios. As it is, I think the only game where you fight against humans the most is 2. Since the whole point is that there are no aliens... yet. So it's just humans and AI-controlled mechs all the way to the end. Just about the only non-humans in 2 are what few Dinosaur and Hyakki non AI enemies that show up. Which is... just one for each I think. Captain Radra for the Dinosaur Empire and Kochou Ki for the Hyakki. There's also Duke Freid, but no Vegans show up, thus making him the only alien of the game. When you think about it, maybe Bian found out about the Freid refugees, and that's how he knew more aliens would be coming over? At least for the Classicverse, this is a good guess as any.

Time to remake the Classicverse?πŸ˜› -Nah, the ancient VAs are the hemlock that kills this joke suggestion.

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, I think D is among the ones with the highest non-human ratio. Zanscare is the only full blown enemy human faction. OZ is hostile at the beginning since they're kinda caught in a civil war by those refusing to comply with Trieze and Lady Une's decision to ally with Neo Zeon, but that gets taken care off in the early game. Then there's the Megazone 23 enemies, but they're only a thing for just one chapter. Not to mention, while human, they do come from a different universe. They pretty much fled their world because of the Ruina. While you do fight Megazone 23 units later on, it's actually stated that the Zanscare raided the Megazone and... well, guess who did that when you consider the Megazone 23 units are motorbikes. XD So you're fighting Zanscare soldiers, even if they're still Megazone soldiers in the data. And the only other hostile humans are Beck and Scharzwald from Big O, and the latter is kinda suspect about being human, if I recall. So yeah. I don't think there's a SRW game with exclusively non-human enemies, I think. So D is among the most you'll get.

If only Victory wasn't Tomino's last black dog story, if it wasn't, D could've (easily?) been pristinely aliens & Ruina-only.

...Although it comes off as kinda strange, in a way, that the unusually-dark SRW is so laden with alien menaces. You'd think that one way to stress bleakness, would be to emphasize the weakness of human nature. To show it again, and again, and again unable to rise above bestial savagery, nay, behavior worse than beasts. That we are a hopeless species unable to change. Β -But I haven't a clue if one could find mecha stories in sufficient quantities that did precisely that.πŸ˜†

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was thinking that could be the Valguard's inspiration. -Not like I'd really have any other idea of what it could be.πŸ˜…Β And it's not like I've actually seen the Super Dimensional Fortress Macross yet either.

If Alpha 1 ever gets its translation done, then you could finally see it, heh.

GaoGaiGar sure has a lot of bang. This felt like the third final battle for GGG in W, it was a reason why I need a little break from W. Getting Goldion hammered with sooooo much GGG b/c it had to tell the entire pre-Final show in the first half got tiring. -Though I do like the bombast, it's just that one's body can only take so much of it at once.πŸ˜†

No wonder they wanted to spread it across the entire Alphaverse, then.

Time to remake the Classicverse?πŸ˜› -Nah, the ancient VAs are the hemlock that kills this joke suggestion.

I mean, the Complete Box and Scramble remakes means we do have voiced full Classicverse. They can just HD-fy them (and add some more QoL features like skippable animations) and rerelease them and that would be enough. Problem is, likely, the Akira Kamiya issue regarding using his voice. Then again, Reideen made a return to SRW, so who knows. Maybe it's possible now.

If only Victory wasn't Tomino's last black dog story, if it wasn't, D could've (easily?) been pristinely aliens & Ruina-only.

...Although it comes off as kinda strange, in a way, that the unusually-dark SRW is so laden with alien menaces. You'd think that one way to stress bleakness, would be to emphasize the weakness of human nature. To show it again, and again, and again unable to rise above bestial savagery, nay, behavior worse than beasts. That we are a hopeless species unable to change. Β -But I haven't a clue if one could find mecha stories in sufficient quantities that did precisely that.πŸ˜†

I think it's because they put much of the human in-fighting in the backstory already, plus other factors. Since D has Macross 7, then the events of the original Macross are backstory, and in Macross the Zentraedi do wipe out practically all life on Earth. Well, in D the destruction isn't as total, but it's still quite bleak. Then years later the One Year War breaks out, with brings more devastation. Then not long after that it's the Moon Wars against the Invaders. Then a bit after that it's Dr. Saotome's rampage and Earth once again suffers another planet wide devastation due to the Deuterum (?) Missile. Then AFTER that soon comes the Titans and Haman's Neo Zeon. And then OZ rises up and takes over Earth, and soon end up fighting against the WhiteFang-NeoZeon alliance. Then even after Earth suffering several catastrophes, Char still is plummeting Axis, with the caveat that if not for the Ruina, he would've actually succeeded. He defeated Amuro, and keeps him and Bright as POW's, intending to force them to watch the Axis drop.

So D begins at the apex of human despair... which is precisely why the Ruina get to act out and seal off the Earth. Combined with all the sudden alien invasions and the Zanscare making their move, is precisely a sign to show how things for humanity, indeed, could still get worse than just their in-fighting.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Pretty sure that I already talked to him...But

Β 

I'm also burnt out on card games, tbh

That's understandable. I will say that it is on the higher end of FF's minigame list. It actually has reward for playing and isnt frustrating all the time (endgame rules can be terrible) unless you understand rule manipulation of course.

Lost Eidolons...

Anyone tried it? I did last night for about an hour an enjoyed it

Seems like one a Fire Emblem fan would definitely like

28 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Lost Eidolons...

Anyone tried it? I did last night for about an hour an enjoyed it

Seems like one a Fire Emblem fan would definitely like

I played it like a year ago. The Three Houses inspiration is clear but map design exists so I enjoyed it well enough. Gilbert berserker is hilarious.

Posted (edited)

Scenario 27- End of Super Robot Wars W first half the bottom screen or the top screen? reached. Complete with a closing text scroll. Barely any fighting, literally one enemy with a desperate gimmick for the battle (the Solar Sail they dropped the renamed Solar Panel here? -I'll take it!). But plenty o' new unexpected plot despair for the heroes. Turns out going from Jupiter back to Earth took up the entirety of the month and 13 days from Jan 1st to Valentine's. The actual fighting prior to this battle for the entirety of part one spanning from June 13th to Jan 1st, almost six months.

Will eat breakfast, maybe sit outside and do a little reading, give myself a brief morning intermission to phase transition the mind for the second half. (Why'd they chuck the Y-Unit into Jupiter too?)

Β 

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it's because they put much of the human in-fighting in the backstory already, plus other factors. Since D has Macross 7, then the events of the original Macross are backstory, and in Macross the Zentraedi do wipe out practically all life on Earth. Well, in D the destruction isn't as total, but it's still quite bleak. Then years later the One Year War breaks out, with brings more devastation. Then not long after that it's the Moon Wars against the Invaders. Then a bit after that it's Dr. Saotome's rampage and Earth once again suffers another planet wide devastation due to the Deuterium (?) Missile. Then AFTER that soon comes the Titans and Haman's Neo Zeon. And then OZ rises up and takes over Earth, and soon end up fighting against the WhiteFang-NeoZeon alliance. Then even after Earth suffering several catastrophes, Char still is plummeting Axis, with the caveat that if not for the Ruina, he would've actually succeeded. He defeated Amuro, and keeps him and Bright as POW's, intending to force them to watch the Axis drop.

So D begins at the apex of human despair...

Ah.πŸ˜„πŸΏ

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

59 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Scenario 27- End of Super Robot Wars W first half the bottom screen or the top screen? reached. Complete with a closing text scroll. Barely any fighting, literally one enemy with a desperate gimmick for the battle (the Solar Sail they dropped the renamed Solar Panel here? -I'll take it!). But plenty o' new unexpected plot despair for the heroes. Turns out going from Jupiter back to Earth took up the entirety of the month and 13 days from Jan 1st to Valentine's. The actual fighting prior to this battle for the entirety of part one spanning from June 13th to Jan 1st, almost six months.

Will eat breakfast, maybe sit outside and do a little reading, give myself a brief morning intermission to phase transition the mind for the second half. (Why'd they chuck the Y-Unit into Jupiter too?)

Congrats on reaching the midpoint!

Yeah, the Bloody Valentine is pretty much the culmination of the first part. That's likely why SEED got put on the second part of the game, when you'd otherwise think they could put it in the first part and SEED Destiny for the second. But nope, instead they put Astray but still had it on the second part.

Posted (edited)

rGPMXWY.png

oh fucking hell

paW9Pfk.png
image.png?ex=66672ae3&is=6665d963&hm=bcf

And no hope in future generations either fuck fuck...we are just driving straight into an extreme right wall with these results

Edited by Codename Shrimp

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I played it like a year ago. The Three Houses inspiration is clear but map design exists so I enjoyed it well enough. Gilbert berserker is hilarious.

Guess Im a little jaded since Blazing Blade was my first FE game. You know how that story starts down one tangent then switches to another once you pick up Elwood or Hector’s story?

Well LE goes and starts you right in to a war. Woulda been nice to know what led up to the chaos you just got dropped right into the middle of. Seems like a fun game though otherwise

9 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Guess Im a little jaded since Blazing Blade was my first FE game. You know how that story starts down one tangent then switches to another once you pick up Elwood or Hector’s story?

Well LE goes and starts you right in to a war. Woulda been nice to know what led up to the chaos you just got dropped right into the middle of. Seems like a fun game though otherwise

To be fair, that is most FEs aside from Blazing Sword. Though funnily enough, Eidolons's direct inspiration is also one of the few FEs that doesn't do that. Half of Three Houses is just kids in school with a vague conspiracy that becomes more and more prevalent until the war starts.

Scenarios 28 and 29 done. Heavy on words to set up what's been happening for the past six months to the Valstork Family, and to introduce all the new faces. Although Gai Murakumo did make a one-chapter showing in the first half, and I think one one-chapter route choice I didn't pick featured the Junkmen? Very little fighting, though the Radam and Evoluted making little appearances was still good for establishing their increased presence since the end of W act one.

Mr. Murakumo seems nice enough, as does Elijah. As for Lowe, his hair and headband say Mobile Fighter pilot to me, not Mobile Suit. Their rest of their supportive respective crews seem nice enough too. And on the Junkmen, if Astray had ever been used again in SRW, throwing Judau amongst them would probably be a very conceivable twist to his backstory? The Astray "battleship" the HOME hurling junk at the enemy is a hint of hardscrabble whimsy (with Repair & Resupply too), I wasn't expecting to get another ship -if I get to keep it. Mihiro temporarily piloting the Valhawk, well it's not like I have anything against an 11-year-old piloting a giant robot Latune.

Losing everyone during the timeskip makes logical sense. I also like it from a narrative-gameplay perspective. By which I mean, getting two GINNs -the fancy-looking Zakus of SEED (eh, I think I prefer plainness of the Zaku over the frilly headpiece and arm alterations of the GINN)- when you've Star GaoGaiGar, Mazinkaiser, Shin Getter Robo, Golion, even Tekkaman Blade, it'd be laughable. I was afraid that when Kira finally joined, that I'd have that big robot army accumulated over part one and be chuckling up a storm comparing the puny little Strike fresh out of the factory against my elite seasoned units. As of now, it looks like the only thing that'll (literally) overshadow the itty-bitty Strike, is Valguard.

Speaking of the Strike, for the sake of Astray, I see we skip Heliopolis proper in W. I don't exactly mind that alteration, that was narratively intense in J, and besides covering Astray instead, it might've been too high drama for starting up W act two. Murrue's first scene had her acting a lot meaner than in J IIRC -but then having seen how Bright was at basically the same narrative moment in MSG via SRWGC, it doesn't exactly surprise. Oh, and mentioningΒ The Gundam Captain, he was likely smiling somewhere when Shihomi gave her brother a good many slaps.Β 

Kazuma's new portrait is a nice touch, a timeskip redesign is always cool. Not sure when the concept of "hero abandons their post mid-journey and goes into the "wild"/isolation for a while" first came about, but I think they had it in the Middle Ages? (-Considering it more or less began their journeys to religious immortality, I don't think Buddha's and Christ's wilderness trips should count?)

Oh, and I wanted to see how the Favorites system works with W's second half. I changed my Favorites to Tekkaman-Orgun-Mazinkaiser, I lost not only the EXP & Funds boosts on the Banpresto Originals, the extra upgrade slots went away. I hadn't upgraded any stat beyond their normal limit, so I didn't get to see what happens if you did in the first half and then changed Favorites. It's not a big deal, I'll push on and not redo these two battles. I'm thrifty with my funding expenditures in SRW, and other than EN maybe (which I'm usually stringent with too), I wouldn't dump the money into the bonus slots, they'd cost a ton too. Mazinkaiser has only 5 Armor upgrade slots by default, so this is actually good for it anyhow, it gets the five not-too-expensive slots that otherwise doesn't, which is really good b/c the Mazin duo always have like the highest base Armor values in SRW from what I've seen. The Tekkamen (and probably Orgun) likewise because of how high their base Mobility is, don't get a full set of 10 Mobility slots either. ...Okay, maybe I'll redo so I can keep getting big money from all the destruction Valguard will be doing, but then I'm not sure which license I would un-Favorite then. -Don't be Mammon, just push on ya miser!😝

Β 

36 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

And no hope

In this interconnected modern world where similar political currents cover the planet, I'll recite the titular lyric of one satirical song from the 1950s- "We Will All Go Together When We Go". "Go" in this case meant "instantly cremated by nuclear weapons", but that's close enough to today, right?πŸ˜’Β 

Dark yeah, but I know there's nothing that can sugarcoat that kind of fear.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Scenarios 28 and 29 done. Heavy on words to set up what's been happening for the past six months to the Valstork Family, and to introduce all the new faces. Although Gai Murakumo did make a one-chapter showing in the first half, and I think one one-chapter route choice I didn't pick featured the Junkmen? Very little fighting, though the Radam and Evoluted making little appearances was still good for establishing their increased presence since the end of W act one.

Mr. Murakumo seems nice enough, as does Elijah. As for Lowe, his hair and headband say Mobile Fighter pilot to me, not Mobile Suit. Their rest of their supportive respective crews seem nice enough too. And on the Junkmen, if Astray had ever been used again in SRW, throwing Judau amongst them would probably be a very conceivable twist to his backstory? The Astray "battleship" the HOME hurling junk at the enemy is a hint of hardscrabble whimsy (with Repair & Resupply too), I wasn't expecting to get another ship -if I get to keep it.

Ah, finally seeing the ASTRAY gang, huh.

It's funny how this game has Guy/Gai Shishioh, Gai Daigouji, and Gai Murakumo. I think at some point the game does make the joke about the three having the same name.

Mihiro temporarily piloting the Valhawk, well it's not like I have anything against an 11-year-old piloting a giant robot Latune.

Latune is 11? I thought it was closer to 14-15. I think you're mixing it up with Princess Shine... I think.

Well, you did played GC with sixth-grader Watta, heh. And I think Kappei from Zambot is also around that age too.

Still, they got nothing on 9 year old Wataru. XD So if you ever play SRW X, then that'd be a thing.

And I think there have been other mecha anime with even younger protagonists. I legit recall there being one where an entire class of elementary grade schoolers pilot a mech, which is partly disguised as the school itself they attend.

Actually, Combattler does have the two young kids who pilot the Kerot. I don't remember if you got them when you played A, since they're route exclusive.

Losing everyone during the timeskip makes logical sense. I also like it from a narrative-gameplay perspective. By which I mean, getting two GINNs -the fancy-looking Zakus of SEED (eh, I think I prefer plainness of the Zaku over the frilly headpiece and arm alterations of the GINN)- when you've Star GaoGaiGar, Mazinkaiser, Shin Getter Robo, Golion, even Tekkaman Blade, it'd be laughable. I was afraid that when Kira finally joined, that I'd have that big robot army accumulated over part one and be chuckling up a storm comparing the puny little Strike fresh out of the factory against my elite seasoned units. As of now, it looks like the only thing that'll (literally) overshadow the itty-bitty Strike, is Valguard.

Yeah, with SEED shoved to the second part, if they still gave you grunt-tier mechs, then losing the party via the time skip comes as a blessing if you wanted to give them some time to shine.

Speaking of the Strike, for the sake of Astray, I see we skip Heliopolis proper in W. I don't exactly mind that alteration, that was narratively intense in J, and besides covering Astray instead, it might've been too high drama for starting up W act two. Murrue's first scene had her acting a lot meaner than in J IIRC -but then having seen how Bright was at basically the same narrative moment in MSG via SRWGC, it doesn't exactly surprise. Oh, and mentioningΒ The Gundam Captain, he was likely smiling somewhere when Shihomi gave her brother a good many slaps.Β 

Yeah, I think for this game the main SEED stuff ends up more out of focus, since ASTRAY is the one on the spotlight.

Kazuma's new portrait is a nice touch, a timeskip redesign is always cool. Not sure when the concept of "hero abandons their post mid-journey and goes into the "wild"/isolation for a while" first came about, but I think they had it in the Middle Ages? (-Considering it more or less began their journeys to religious immortality, I don't think Buddha's and Christ's wilderness trips should count?)

Does Gilgamesh count? I'll admit I don't know the full details of The Epic of Gilgamesh, but he does have something like that happen to him after Enkidu's death.

Oh, and I wanted to see how the Favorites system works with W's second half. I changed my Favorites to Tekkaman-Orgun-Mazinkaiser, I lost not only the EXP & Funds boosts on the Banpresto Originals, the extra upgrade slots went away. I hadn't upgraded any stat beyond their normal limit, so I didn't get to see what happens if you did in the first half and then changed Favorites. It's not a big deal, I'll push on and not redo these two battles. I'm thrifty with my funding expenditures in SRW, and other than EN maybe (which I'm usually stringent with too), I wouldn't dump the money into the bonus slots, they'd cost a ton too. Mazinkaiser has only 5 Armor upgrade slots by default, so this is actually good for it anyhow, it gets the five not-too-expensive slots that otherwise doesn't, which is really good b/c the Mazin duo always have like the highest base Armor values in SRW from what I've seen. The Tekkamen (and probably Orgun) likewise because of how high their base Mobility is, don't get a full set of 10 Mobility slots either. ...Okay, maybe I'll redo so I can keep getting big money from all the destruction Valguard will be doing, but then I'm not sure which license I would un-Favorite then. -Don't be Mammon, just push on ya miser!😝

Aaaah, so that's how it worked. Curious way, but I guess it does offer the chance to change things up if you felt you didn't made a good choice of favorites in the first half.

Fudge I'm replaying 28 & 29 to change the Favorites.😝 It feels wrong not having Banpresto Original among them, I guess I really am an OG baby.🀣 Mazinkaiser will be ditched (cry in the next SRW Koji, there's a 99% chance you'll be there😜), though from a financial/combat perspective it'd be better to dump Blade or Orgun, because the W AI totally prioritizes who it can hit. Should only take 15 mins or so to get through them skipping the text.

Β 

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, finally seeing the ASTRAY gang, huh.

I'm generally open to meeting new mecha faces, so I'm inherently cheery about getting to know them.πŸ˜„

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, I think for this game the main SEED stuff ends up more out of focus, since ASTRAY is the one on the spotlight.

Works for me as I've said before. I know Kira & Athrun have had many other days in the SRW sun. Now what's this "Stargazer" that was only in K?

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's funny how this game has Guy/Gai Shishioh, Gai Daigouji, and Gai Murakumo. I think at some point the game does make the joke about the three having the same name.

More than a joke, actually. Akatsuki hired Murakumo during the one-chapter split where you escort the Nadesico fresh from Mars to Earth (well, it heads to the Moon, but it does give GoLion to the heroes). Akito was in his mopey state of mind after Gai's death, and the other Gai offered some words of encouragement that helped move Akito out of it.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Latune is 11? I thought it was closer to 14-15. I think you're mixing it up with Princess Shine... I think.

Whatever, anime little girls be anime little girls, and the point was Latune is awesome. There's Precia too anyway, not that I played Masoukishin far enough to use her.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, you did played GC with sixth-grader Watta, heh. And I think Kappei from Zambot is also around that age too.

Still, they got nothing on 9 year old Wataru. XD So if you ever play SRW X, then that'd be a thing.

And I think there have been other mecha anime with even younger protagonists. I legit recall there being one where an entire class of elementary grade schoolers pilot a mech, which is partly disguised as the school itself they attend.

And you're forgetting that Dream Shift is now forever wedged in my memory, Raijin-Oh was fun to use.πŸ˜„Β ...I wonder if Guy and the Earth Defense Class had any good interactions in BX, they do share in lion-emblazoned mechs. I think Guy could be good with kids, not like Mamoru isn't already around him too.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, with SEED shoved to the second part, if they still gave you grunt-tier mechs, then losing the party via the time skip comes as a blessing if you wanted to give them some time to shine.

Just as those who shine in the storm (and the Guntank and Guncannon) got a chance to be useful before the trip to Pentagona & Edon in GC.πŸ˜€Β I liked that.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Works for me as I've said before. I know Kira & Athrun have had many other days in the SRW sun. Now what's this "Stargazer" that was only in K?

If I recall, Stargazer was another side spin-off. Basically, stuff like Astray and Stargazer fulfill the same purpose to SEED as what The 8th Team and War in the Pocket do for the original Gundam. Cover the stuff we don't see because we followed the main cast.

More than a joke, actually. Akatsuki hired Murakumo during the one-chapter split where you escort the Nadesico fresh from Mars to Earth (well, it heads to the Moon, but it does give GoLion to the heroes). Akito was in his mopey state of mind after Gai's death, and the other Gai offered some words of encouragement that helped move Akito out of it.

Ah, okay, I remember now.

Whatever, anime little girls be anime little girls, and the point was Latune is awesome. There's Precia too anyway, not that I played Masoukishin far enough to use her.

Ah, lol, forgot about Precia. XD

And you're forgetting that Dream Shift is now forever wedged in my memory, Raijin-Oh was fun to use.πŸ˜„Β ...I wonder if Guy and the Earth Defense Class had any good interactions in BX, they do share in lion-emblazoned mechs. I think Guy could be good with kids, not like Mamoru isn't already around him too.

Oh, right, Raijin-Oh also has young children as pilots. Forgot about that.

Hmm, perhaps they do!

Alright, time to end Chapter 3 of TTYD!

Oh wow, the audience tossed me an Ultra Shroom!? Was that possible in the original? I don't think so...

Hag vs Hag is always a classic. XD

Posted (edited)

Scenario 30 done (and 28&29 replayed with the Favorites change).

The Artemis Umbrella looked kinda cool, from Astray I take it? Its evil commander appeared to be dressed like his generic officer. Four units against the first batch of bad guys - well three actually, since the first thing I did was combine into Valguard. With 10 upgrades, it had over 20k HP, and 460 EN which I upped with a +100 EN Part, a -20% EN consumption chip, the EN Regen S-providing Solar Sail, and a Megabooster to keep Valguard in the fray at all times (10 Move with Accel). It soloed the first wave, and did similar work on the subsequent ZAFT forces. The power of an upgraded godly Super against some Real grunts.

The captive Archangel fled without as much as one turn of usability, indeed, the affairs of SEED proper are feeling sidelined. And while Flay spent a couple days with the Valstork and Junkmen, Kazuma commented (or possibly kept as an internal thought), hoping that the trauma she experienced at Heliopolis won't lead her to do anything extreme.πŸ™„Β -While I won't be recruiting him on this playthrough, I did smash Nicol in the very limited time they give you to do so. His Thruster Module was the best drop amongst him, Dearka, and Yzak anyhow.

...But this scenario had actually little to do with SEED. The introduction to The Prince of Darkness, I see. Nadesico felt zany to me when I first encountered it in AP, and here, my first time with TPoD... whiplash.

• Ryoko dyed her hair from green to blue.
  • The choir boy from the Jovians, Saburota,Β has left God/Gekiganger and joined Thelema, so to speak (corrupted by Earthing values once he left the Jovian Federation?).
  • The villainous Martian Successors (why wait until the movie to strictly use the titular moniker?) look like Japanese nationalists that wear traditional Japanese clothing? Loosely reminded me of Eternal Punishment.
  • As for the Nadesico ...quickly flipping through Akurasu flowcharts, I have long known that Ruri gets to command the Nadesico B. Which left me worried about Yurika. Those worries have been confirmed- damseled. What a pitiful fate for Captain ✌️.πŸ™
    • As for the Nad B as a unit- no Missiles, only the Gravity Blast. The thing will run dry of ENΒ realΒ quick.
  • ...And now Akito is in an edgy phase to match? I hope I'm strapped in, because sudden shift might snap my neck.
    • His Black Sarena ("Sarana" here)-Β I've heard the name, never saw the design,Β I didn't want to ruin the surprise. It looks... fat. Like a walrus, and not very humanoid.Β What exactly is it supposed to be, a flyingΒ bumper-car with a Distortion Field?
    • And the girl with Akito in the battleship-Β very quiet. Some lifeless fragment of Yurika's soul that Akito managed to save?

The Super Aestivalis and Aestivalis Customs does Gai's count as technically a Banpresto Original if he never got his Aesti customized in MSN canon? do look nice. Though ditching the frames is a mixed bag for me. Good b/c I no longer have to swap them as Earth/space circumstances dictate, bad in that I liked the flavor they gave the Aestis. (You Get to Burning remains absolutely the best Nadesico BGM as a little aside, listening to the new tracks here.) -And yes they did a Gai & Gai joke here.

Right now, my biggest The Prince of Darkness question- what was the intent behind the movie?Β What message lay behind all these shifts?πŸ€” ...I won't ask for an answer until everything is done, however.

...And after all that, nobody actually joined. Still just the Valguard, HOME, and the Red Striker (why did Gai get a Full Weapons System/Pack so soon and Lowe hasn't?). -The Valguard is perfectly fine on its lonesome, however.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Whimsy > Edgy. -Is that the lesson?πŸ˜›

Apparently, it was a meme a while ago and somehow everyone agreed M&L can trounce Sephiroth with the power of button prompts XD

So the lesson is know your QTE Prompts? XD

Edited by Codename Shrimp