Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

41 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Europe should start investing in ACs, they gonna need them.

But AC needs ENERGY and generating LOTS of it could mean more CO2.

...I mean it doesn't need it, but in the short-term I could see that resorting to the traditional cheap fossil fuels would be a way to handle a EU-to-AC conversion. Although, that scenario would mean rapid mass adoption of aircon, and IDK if that'd actually happen or if it'd strain European power grids as they currently are.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

guess what's at risk from the changing climate

Chocolate, coffee, maple syrup? Probably any and all agriculturally-derived good things that we consume?

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

The duality of man expressed in Lincoln melting wax statues

I mean I could see what Arma was implying, but why not go to dark humor instead? Or the factual way that Catherine the Great died (not the raunchy misogynist lie), although she was brought to her bed not yet dead after the stroke on the toilet.

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Holding back on the strongest attacks for a later date?

...This reminds me that maybe I should work 30 into my existing SRW plans. No route splits to change things up/see things I missed yeah, but I didn't buy the Expansion Pack until long after I finished the game. Plus, I really wasn't paying attention to the plots early on, being rather cold to the non-OG stuff in my adjusting to mainline.😆 Also, with W giving me a full course of GaoGaiGar, I think witnessing the GGG vs. Betterman stuff again will hit quite differently.😄 As could L-Gaim for the reason of now having another SRW to compare its handling of the license against.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Holding back on the strongest attacks for a later date?

It's kinda the norm for DD, yep.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...This reminds me that maybe I should work 30 into my existing SRW plans. No route splits to change things up/see things I missed yeah, but I didn't buy the Expansion Pack until long after I finished the game. Plus, I really wasn't paying attention to the plots early on, being rather cold to the non-OG stuff in my adjusting to mainline.😆 Also, with W giving me a full course of GaoGaiGar, I think witnessing the GGG vs. Betterman stuff again will hit quite differently.😄 As could L-Gaim for the reason of now having another SRW to compare its handling of the license against.

Not a bad idea.

RIP to a commentary legend, now enjoy sandwich making.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Dawg that whole region gets hit by an 85 F heatwave and it's too much for them.

Thanks for the reminder of last June.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

H2FHBVXHJNEWBK44IPC5AJAKJU.png&w=1200

...And for the reminder Ardmore here could also have be 100 Fahrenheit.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Chocolate, coffee, maple syrup? Probably any and all agriculturally-derived good things that we consume?

You know I was on about a weather system specifically collapsing (which would lead to consequences in how temperature is there). But the kinds of damage that can be done certainly will lead to pains.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I mean it doesn't need it, but in the short-term I could see that resorting to the traditional cheap fossil fuels would be a way to handle a EU-to-AC conversion. Although, that scenario would mean rapid mass adoption of aircon, and IDK if that'd actually happen or if it'd strain European power grids as they currently are.

The short term probably would, including any adjustment done in houses to make it useable.

And yeah, the power grid's a factor too.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But AC needs ENERGY and generating LOTS of it could mean more CO2.

Nuclear energy says hello (people are afraid).

29 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ecuador too?

Gran Colombia represent.

I do love how it is deliberately set up that way too, considering that if he survives, he will help out in chapter 20.
And there are not too many other ways you can realistically chase that guy off without killing him, considering he will break his weapon on your face or die trying. And no one is gonna survive 20 hits of 28 attack under normal conditions.
Just a glorious violation of common sense there.

Although if you don't have Salyna visit the nearby house and have someone else do it once you have the chance, you will get some backstory on Salyna and Fernando. Not really relevant, but it's cute.

Edited by BrightBow

A little tired, distracted today. I irrationally kept awake to 2:00 AM last night on the laptop trying to keep the mind diverted. It's too early in the summer for the melancholy to begin.🙁

Still, reached the catfish's boss room, for some reason the Waterfall Wood's third floor has the western edge of it completely ignorable. I could -after doing a little more exploring and some FOE fighting- tackle it tonight. But, do I have the will to do so? And, the music I posted before reminded me of two other video game franchises: Ys, and one which begins with the letter before. On a warm, clear summer night, would undocked it be the time to begin? I don't know, but now indeed feels like a good time.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

RIP to a commentary legend, now enjoy sandwich making.

A good sandwich is never bad.🥪

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

You know I was on about a weather system specifically collapsing (which would lead to consequences in how temperature is there).

This somehow reminded me of what I heard about a potential Pangaea reformation in the Earth's future. Something about the interior of such a mono-continent being extremely hot. (But by then humanity should long have become an interstellar species.)

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

And yeah, the power grid's a factor too.

I pray none of your grids are like Texas's.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nuclear energy says hello (people are afraid).

Not sure of how much of an argument it actually is b/c the numbers are well beyond me. But the CO2 costs of constructing a nuclear plant and later the decommissioning and nuclear storage might largely cancel out the clean energy it'd generate on the final balance sheet? I heard this claim once.

Steam Summer Sale has begun.

As for what I'm looking at for myself... Who cares if I have big backlog? The joy of retail therapy is the mere acting of buying. Gaining possession of something of value can provide more dopamine than actually partaking of that object's intended value....

Megaton-Sale.png

I think I'd rather save buying this for two months from now, since I can't think of much I'd ask for this year. Though it is tempting. (If only Nintendo revealed whether the Switch successor has backwards compatibility or not. It SHOULD given the enormous popularity of the Switch, and I don't care about the already-dead online this game has (did it sell poorly? what a shame if so 🙁). But I'd rather Steam if Ninty makes the foolish mistake of no bc.)

I'm not one for spring for deluxe editions editions usually, but having a digital art book as a bonus could very well get me to consider it.😅 Plus if Megaton Musashi hasn't done well, well I'd like to show my mecha love & support nonetheless.

Temptation-Again.png

...This is the game I checked very first thing.😆 Still not as cheap I'd like for a game so short I read, yet it has rarely gone on sale. And, when I did indeed see the discount, I instantly cracked into a smile.😄 That feels extraordinarily strange and utterly disparate against the *sigh*-laden losing-interest depression of me today.

Also, lmaoooooooooooooooo at Steam comparing this to Berseria.🤣 Like calling an sea anemone and a zebra "similar".

Just saying, but SRW V right now is on sale too on the Switch eShop. Well, if you use the South Korean or Hong Kong one.

Super Robot Wars V on Nintendo Switch (eshop-prices.com)

At 98 HKD... that's pretty much ~12.5 USD!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Now that football is on a break until Ro16, time to return to baking bread!

LwUndfw.jpeg
q5sr07V.jpeg

Oh boyyyyyyyyyy

After a grueling boss fight we get a map where we are stuck between 2 sides, who are pulling up their best weaponary, while we are 6 split up dudes and dudettes having to maneuver around and kill one of the sides bosses.

Well, atleast i get a fuck you item deployment range for this map xD

ex9NGZR.jpeg

Gotta protect the mountain as well before the enemy destroys it and buries everyone alive.

Oh boy. xD

Ya know, Overboard difficulty aside (which i am *mostly* enjoying), i do really love how creative the maps in this game are.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

"Gaming historian Norman Caruso published court documents [from the 1983 Nintendo vs. Universal case] online in 2020. It’s now receiving attention from Super Mario Broth, which is where the proposed names for Donkey Kong come from. Outside of Kong Dong, other potential names included Funny Kong, Kong the Kong, Jack Kong, Bill Kong, Steel Kong, Giant Kong, Big Kong, Kong Down, Mr Kong, Custom Kong, Kong Chase, Kong Boy, Kong Man, Kong Fighter, Wild Kong, Rookie Kong, and Kong Holiday."

😛

17 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ya know, Overboard difficulty aside (which i am *mostly* enjoying),

I read this, and I think on my current EON playthrough. Which is to say- I think I get the feeling.😀 

20 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

i do really love how creative the maps in this game are.

Blowing up a mountain does sound different yeah. Protecting something/someone from being destroyed is one thing, but a massive mound of rock and dirt is on a whole different scale.🏔️

The urge to leave this country grows ever stronger.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But the CO2 costs of constructing a nuclear plant and later the decommissioning and nuclear storage might largely cancel out the clean energy it'd generate on the final balance sheet? I heard this claim once.

Might be at first but nuclear is cleaner in the long run.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The urge to leave this country grows ever stronger.

I've someone listening to the debate in another room.

Thank goodness doors exist.🚪

-Though I did have to dash in & out of said room to grab the Nat Geo I was reading earlier.🤓 While they didn't provide an exact definition of the matter, I was surprised to seem them imply social isolation is itself a form of stress (the feature article being on the science of stress and its long-term effects on human health).

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank goodness doors exist.🚪

Alas, doors don't exist on the international level.

I actually do wanna know when and why immigration became such a tedious process. Back in the day, all you had to do was sign a document and bam! citizen of country.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually do wanna know when and why immigration became such a tedious process. Back in the day, all you had to do was sign a document and bam! citizen of country.

I mean, immigration has always been point of contention in human civilization. I won't blame the Germanics for the fall of the Roman Empire, the list of factors is long for that, but certainly the end of the empire involved immigration woes. And could we not consider Manifest Destiny and the Israel-Palestine conflict both highly problematic immigration-induced things? Not to say immigration is always violent or plagued with woe, though it is easier to think of problematic cases than the peaceful ones where nothing bad came of them. The post-Second Temple Jewish Diaspora, the Parsi (Zoroastrians) of India, many of the modern day diasporas. (I was also thinking of things like Polynesian expansion through the Pacific and the Bantu across Sub-Saharan Africa, but if those were migrations into truly uninhabited land, they aren't the same.)

...And was it ever really that simple? Citizenship as you're speaking of it is a fairly modern thing, like late 18th-early 19th century thing. The Greek city-states and Rome had citizenship ofc, though otherwise, though my historical knowledge be limited, I'd rather speak of "subjects" or cultural identities than "citizens". 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@Acacia Sgt I randomly discovered that if Tekkaman Blade ever returned to SRW, it'd likely have to be Blade II, and not the first. As I already knew, Blade & Kyosuke share a VA, so it was funny to learn today that Rapier & Excellen shared a VA too. -And that's the problem.😐 

@Armagon

image.png

Inti putting an ASG boss battle into Umbraclaw (which got mixed reviews if you hadn't seen them).

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Acacia Sgt I randomly discovered that if Tekkaman Blade ever returned to SRW, it'd likely have to be Blade II, and not the first. As I already knew, Blade & Kyosuke share a VA, so it was funny to learn today that Rapier & Excellen shared a VA too. -And that's the problem.😐 

Pft, haha.

I mean, Excellen needs a new VA, either way. Chances are, Rapier would get a different one... maybe.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, haha.

Makes me really really wish that Original Generations had slipped in a nod to this.🤣 Even though I wouldn't have been able pick up on such playing OGs, I very much doubt there was any Tek reference. It would've been too blatant if Excellen kicked off a Rampage Ghost by saying "Let's hit them with our Double Vol-" ...and Kyosuke cuts her off for legal reasons.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, Excellen needs a new VA, either way. Chances are, Rapier would get a different one... maybe.

Alternatively, Miyuki wouldn't need a VA if she didn't fight. If she dies or becomes a Supporter instead, then she can show up without voicing a single word. But if we lose Rapier as a secret unit, then give me Evil! W did have him spend his last minutes alive fending off Radam to allow Blade to go after Omega.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Makes me really really wish that Original Generations had slipped in a nod to this.🤣 Even though I wouldn't have been able pick up on such playing OGs, I very much doubt there was any Tek reference. It would've been too blatant if Excellen kicked off a Rampage Ghost by saying "Let's hit them with our Double Vol-" ...and Kyosuke cuts her off for legal reasons.

I guess the G Gundam reference was easier to make, and more fit for Excellen to joke about. Rampage Ghost did debut first in Impact, so the allusion is even better as Excellen did witness that combination attack to then reference it in subsequent games.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Alternatively, Miyuki wouldn't need a VA if she didn't fight. If she dies or becomes a Supporter instead, then she can show up without voicing a single word. But if we lose Rapier as a secret unit, then give me Evil! W did have him spend his last minutes alive fending off Radam to allow Blade to go after Omega.

Since J and W had no voice overs, and what few other video games that Tekkaman got were also in the era of no voice overs (one game for the SNES, for example), I feel that they would go through the trouble of giving her a new VA, regardless of what it would be used for.

Evil would be an interesting choice, if they were to spice things up more for any surprise reappearance.

---

Say, you didn't comment. Would you consider getting SRW V with it currently being on sale? You don't need to play it right away, but good to have it on cheap for any future playing than getting it at full price when you finally feel like playing it.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Say, you didn't comment. Would you consider getting SRW V with it currently being on sale? You don't need to play it right away, but good to have it on cheap for any future playing than getting it at full price when you finally feel like playing it.

Maybe, I'll see. I'd obviously enjoy it 😀, but I'd need to mess around with the eShop first.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess the G Gundam reference was easier to make, and more fit for Excellen to joke about. Rampage Ghost did debut first in Impact, so the allusion is even better as Excellen did witness that combination attack to then reference it in subsequent games.

You know I never realized that she was referencing that.😆 90% because I was completely unaware of G Gundam until I played A Portable, after 30 and well after OGs. Though "Love-Love" might be a Japanese phrase not exactly exclusive G Gundam, whilst it did release several years after the cheesiest of Gundams (nothing wrong with cheese, cheese is delicious), the final battle special weapon of Kirby's Dream Land 3 is the Love-Love Stick.

Maybe, I'll see. I'd obviously enjoy it 😀, but I'd need to mess around with the eShop first.

Well, if you do need help with that, I'd be happy to provide. It's really not as hard as it would look.

You know I never realized that she was referencing that.😆 90% because I was completely unaware of G Gundam until I played A Portable, after 30 and well after OGs. Though "Love-Love" might be a Japanese phrase not exactly exclusive G Gundam, whilst it did release several years after the cheesiest of Gundams (nothing wrong with cheese, cheese is delicious), the final battle special weapon of Kirby's Dream Land 3 is the Love-Love Stick.

Hmm, probably. Looking up, it does seem to be a phrase to refer to something being lovey dovey. But yeah, Excellen is definitely referencing G Gundam there. XD