Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Leaving this headline because we should have some teeheeing.

18 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I pray none of your grids are like Texas's.

Not quite on that level, but the grid's also not been threatened on that level either.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was surprised to seem them imply social isolation is itself a form of stress (the feature article being on the science of stress and its long-term effects on human health).

Well, I can say I believe it from experience. It's a pretty bad time.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Man they should have been taking drugs.

No chances of a second debate after this is there?

36 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The whole world is heading in the same direction, dw

Or at least threatening it, what fun /s

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Inti putting an ASG boss battle into Umbraclaw (which got mixed reviews if you hadn't seen them

Yeah I saw.

Demo was cool but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The whole world is heading in the same direction,

All I'm saying is it's been a while since an American politic-my lawyer has advised me not to say anything further.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh my God, are these actual lines from the debate?

Yikes...

No but that was the vibes. Trump saying the most unhinged racist shit and Biden just sort of let him do it.

Trump saying immigrants are taking black and Hispanic jobs. What do you mean by that Trump? What is a "black and Hispanic job".

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

In a couple days Le Pen will get a majority in France. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn

In happier news at least, the resistance in Venezuela is feeling an energy not seen in like....forever. Even more so than the Caprilles stuff.

Would Maduro and his goons accept the results, probably not but we'll see...

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Leaving this headline because we should have some teeheeing.

Saw the headlight yesterday, though not worded like this.😛

It's rare one encounters charming situations like this in sports, no? In many sports, I'd think the elder would have long aged out of competitive athletic viability.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Well, I can say I believe it from experience. It's a pretty bad time.

It's just that in common parlance, stress means something related to a workload or decision-making of some kind. Anxiety and stress are synonyms yes, and "social anxiety" is a real thing. Yet, social isolation involves no work, and decision-making is ...okay, that isn't entirely absent in all cases, namely those where the person could realistically take actions to reduce their loneliness 😒. Still, uttering the statement "being lonely is stressful" comes off as odd, unless it results from being too busy (the workload) to engage in enjoyable social activities.

To admit social isolation causes stress, furthermore, makes me question myself. Since, given I live a no-obligations no-life life, wherein this one topic is my only source of social interaction. Me making the statement "I am stressed" sounds self-centered and absurd, making a mockery of everyone who works a terrible five-to-nine job with personal life obligations and challenges atop that. Those people may dream they could be as devoid of demands as I. They are stressed, how could I be?

I think it stems from the fact that we are social creatures, at least on a general level. So perhaps it's some subconscious desire for companionship, hence loneliness can evoke distress as a deterrance.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's just that in common parlance, stress means something related to a workload or decision-making of some kind. Anxiety and stress are synonyms yes, and "social anxiety" is a real thing. Yet, social isolation involves no work, and decision-making is ...okay, that isn't entirely absent in all cases, namely those where the person could realistically take actions to reduce their loneliness 😒. Still, uttering the statement "being lonely is stressful" comes off as odd, unless it results from being too busy (the workload) to engage in enjoyable social activities.

To admit social isolation causes stress, furthermore, makes me question myself. Since, given I live a no-obligations no-life life, wherein this one topic is my only source of social interaction. Me making the statement "I am stressed" sounds self-centered and absurd, making a mockery of everyone who works a terrible five-to-nine job with personal life obligations and challenges atop that. Those people may dream they could be as devoid of demands as I. They are stressed, how could I be?

I would argue for example stress could come as much from not getting yourself out there (unless one is an absolute introvert, we all crave some desire for contact and connection), letting yourself stress over that seeming failure to do so, or not really having the avenue to do so due to circumstance. Now, that being said I would probably be beaten by professionals for putting it like that and they'd probably be able to point to cause and effect better than I could.

And as to the idea that no work can be it's own misery, no I can say that shit fucked with me in some form or another for a while (to much more confidence at that). Different times now, feeling pretty good at the minute, but it's only changed with circumstances changing.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Look, all I'm saying is that life terms don't have to be that long.

I suppose that's one way.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Watch the GOP pack the court the first chance it gets as well.

Once again.

Last night I had a dream where Mario Kart 9 was announced. The only part I remember was the DLC characters, who were Toadette, Joker from Persona 5, and Heavy, Scout, and Spy from Team Fortress 2.

Incidentally Heavy and Spy were playable in the PC version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but the third TF2 character was Pyro, not Scout.

ypvkGCO.png

I wonder if IGN is doing it on purpose at this point.

On 6/25/2024 at 11:22 PM, Armagon said:

My favorite part of Metroid Prime is when you get the Ice Beam and the closest ice beam door from where you get it leads to a dead end.

I am enjoying Prime (the Phazon Suit's black/silver/red design is good) but it does make me appreciate Dread's level design more.

On 6/26/2024 at 3:00 PM, Armagon said:

Said moment is in S3 yeah

I had a feeling you were talking about that. Or Matt the Radar Technician.

22 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Gaming historian Norman Caruso published court documents [from the 1983 Nintendo vs. Universal case] online in 2020. It’s now receiving attention from Super Mario Broth, which is where the proposed names for Donkey Kong come from. Outside of Kong Dong, other potential names included Funny Kong, Kong the Kong, Jack Kong, Bill Kong, Steel Kong, Giant Kong, Big Kong, Kong Down, Mr Kong, Custom Kong, Kong Chase, Kong Boy, Kong Man, Kong Fighter, Wild Kong, Rookie Kong, and Kong Holiday."

😛

On the subject of names, we dodged a bullet with Diddy Kong in particular. Some of the names suggested were "DK Lite" and "Diet DK". The finalized name was originally Dinky Kong, but it was changed to Diddy Kong for legal reasons.

Diddy was also conceptualized as a redesigned Donkey Kong Jr., but Nintendo nixed that because they didn't want him to look too different.

ZrAl4Nc.jpeg

Steam sales means new game - This time something on the action side.

M1VNs3T.jpeg
ft6mK6V.jpeg

Finally, fighting monsters with the power of Shooter games.

2kA7eKG.jpeg

Cool game, i like so far

Now if only i can just get the controller lay out in order....

Edited by Codename Shrimp

440px-Complaint_tablet_to_Ea-Nasir_2023.

Apparently, this became a meme a few years ago. An 11.6 cm/4.6 in tall cuneiform clay tablet circa 1750 BC, the world's oldest known customer complaint letter.

Written in Akkadian, it's written by a Babylonian trader named Nanni, claiming the copper salesman Ea-nasir was not offering him quality metal, and that Ea-nasir rudely responded to Nanni's claim. We've two other tablets written by other traders making similar accusations of Ea-nasir, and a fourth where Ea-nasir tells the receiver of the letter not to criticize and to trust him.🤓

---

Managed to muster the IRL will and slew the wack-a-mole catfish that brought me to a halt back in EO Nexus years ago. Not too annoying, though it did a take a few tries.

I would say I'll stop at least slow EON play tomorrow to make room for something else ...but once I put EON away, it was back to depressive irrational rapid breathing.😦 Darn it, do I have to wait until this passes entirely before I can start it?🙁

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think it stems from the fact that we are social creatures, at least on a general level. So perhaps it's some subconscious desire for companionship, hence loneliness can evoke distress as a deterrance.

That is one way to look at it.🤔 Homo sapiens isn't quite a school of fish or ant colony, though neither solitary snow leopards. Even when survival no longer depends on banding together, human instincts retain that primitive pre-civilization thinking. (Yes, there is the reproductive need too, but that's why I brought up the snow leopards, not like they don't need to reproduce.)

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I would argue for example stress could come as much from not getting yourself out there (unless one is an absolute introvert, we all crave some desire for contact and connection), letting yourself stress over that seeming failure to do so, or not really having the avenue to do so due to circumstance. Now, that being said I would probably be beaten by professionals for putting it like that and they'd probably be able to point to cause and effect better than I could.

...Definitely me.😐

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

And as to the idea that no work can be it's own misery, no I can say that shit fucked with me in some form or another for a while (to much more confidence at that). Different times now, feeling pretty good at the minute, but it's only changed with circumstances changing.

Glad to hear that.🙂

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

...But where will the homeless sleep then?😐 In a for-profit prison where they provide useful labor? Bring back the English Poor Laws?

35 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

On the subject of names, we dodged a bullet with Diddy Kong in particular. Some of the names suggested were "DK Lite" and "Diet DK". The finalized name was originally Dinky Kong, but it was changed to Diddy Kong for legal reasons.

Both of which sound terrible, because they sound like products, not a person. If it was Rare who threw the names out there, it's even worse since being British, they more than Nintendo would readily see how unhuman it sounds in English.

38 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I am enjoying Prime (the Phazon Suit's black/silver/red design is good)

Certainly one of the more stylish suit designs Samus has had. And since it's the end of Prime 1 only, it doesn't overstay its welcome. The black on Samus all the time would be too "FPS gritty & dark"; Chozo red & orange, Gravity pink/purple/blue, Fusion cyan, they all make Samus pop against her environs.

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

ZrAl4Nc.jpeg

Steam sales means new game - This time something on the action side.

The long-delayed Granblue ARPG I see.

I think it reviewed decently? The playable lineup was a little dated by release I've heard (b/c gatcha constantly adding more), but I think the reviews were positive? Some comparisons to Monster Hunter I think?

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Cool game, i like so far

Nice that it's fun.😀

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Now if only i can just get the controller lay out in order....

The typical mislabeled inputs when you've by default swapped like X&Y and A&B based on your preferred placement of them? Or is it something more than that with this?

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

think it reviewed decently? The playable lineup was a little dated by release I've heard (b/c gatcha constantly adding more), but I think the reviews were positive? Some comparisons to Monster Hunter I think?

It topped the steam charts for while. Main complaint i see is that it's too short (~20 hours)...however Post game is supposed to be real big and where the Monster Hunter comparisons come.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The typical mislabeled inputs when you've by default swapped like X&Y and A&B based on your preferred placement of them?

Yup.

And now the skills are all switched around. In Ys 8/9 i was able to solve it because these games allowed me to bind the buttons however i want, can't do that here xD.

Well, if i could atleast get PS prompts somehow, i think i can live with it as i know these in my head, but Switch and Xbox being the same in reverse just screws my mind over lol

23 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Yup.

And now the skills are all switched around. In Ys 8/9 i was able to solve it because these games allowed me to bind the buttons however i want, can't do that here xD.

Well, if i could atleast get PS prompts somehow, i think i can live with it as i know these in my head, but Switch and Xbox being the same in reverse just screws my mind over lol

Saaaame.😆

23 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

It topped the steam charts for while. Main complaint i see is that it's too short (~20 hours)...however Post game is supposed to be real big and where the Monster Hunter comparisons come.

Tell me how it goes. ARPGs are lighter faire being actiony, so I wouldn't mind adding another to my catalogue. I haven't considered Relink b/c I don't play the gatcha (though sure Relink is made with nonplayers such as you and I in mind).😅

25 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Not bad.😀

I'll offer this in return.:

Wait until 2:40.😉

zTcCuNe.jpeg

Scary

f9maoKX.jpeg
qK56IPs.jpeg

Freaking Winds. Wanted to take a screenshot with the quadzillion Tornados but too busy with controller to do so xD

CmnQ3TG.jpeg

Vergil?

UqUqV1K.jpeg

51eae26b948c691d6f46318b0894243fcfc0b08c

5fXhd5A.jpeg

200px-Counter.gif

0oHn5PX.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952884c6804fo5rzwrhtp

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tell me how it goes

So far really good. It does scratch the action itch, and the boss design early on gives alot of good impressions. Also the characters do seem quite varied. We got a Shooter character, then a timing based one, a mage, and i know one of the Unlockables plays like a DMC character lol.

There're around 20 character i think? Each with their own Fate episodes for their back stories?

I haven't considered Relink b/c I don't play the gatcha (though sure Relink is made with nonplayers such as you and I in mind).

Yh can't stand gacha either as you know. Aslong as the game doesn't have paid gacha i don't mind if it's a spin off of one lol

ll offer this in return.:

*opens*
That's Koshiro isn't it?

*Googles*

Yup

Wait until 2:40.😉

Oho 😮 

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Vergil?

It's Belf, dammit.

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

51eae26b948c691d6f46318b0894243fcfc0b08c

It's amazing how two Power Pluses lets me trivialize even this far into the game.

This reminds I think I can finish the game by next weekend.

Maybe I could actually finish it on Sunday, but my brother who has been out of state since February is coming back here for his Summer vacation, and being both big fans of Paper Mario (well, up to Super Paper Mario since he was never interested in using my 3DS and I... I don't remember why I never got the rest of the games myself), I want to play the fight against the Shadow Queen, or perhaps just the entirety of Chapter 8 itself, with him present.

Once more, I'd like to thank everyone here for putting up with my occasional depressive venting.🧎‍♂️🙂 

55 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

qK56IPs.jpeg

Freaking Winds. Wanted to take a screenshot with the quadzillion Tornados but too busy with controller to do so xD

I will say "Don't go overboard with the screenshots if it gets in the way of your experience". 

I will say "Ignore what I just said, b/c I regularly overdo it with screenshotting".😝

*opens*
That's Koshiro isn't it?

*Googles*

Yup

'Course. The entirety of the Etrian Odyssey franchise was composed by him. While the later games went for real instruments, the original DS trio (now-HD'ed) saw Koshiro return to his FM roots...

-Original version of the above.😛 (Though EOs I and II have less crazy, slower-paced soundtracks, more fitting of an old-fashion Wizardry-inspired dungeon crawler than of Ys I&II.)

0oHn5PX.jpeg

I remember seeing Internet comments explaining the gatcha game's name. The MC Gran + blue hair + fantasy, pretty simple.

So far really good. It does scratch the action itch, and the boss design early on gives alot of good impressions. Also the characters do seem quite varied. We got a Shooter character, then a timing based one, a mage, and i know one of the Unlockables plays like a DMC character lol.

There're around 20 character i think? Each with their own Fate episodes for their back stories?

Always a fun thing!😄

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's amazing how two Power Pluses lets me trivialize even this far into the game.

It's 6 BP per badge, a pretty hefty cost. IS knew with such small numbers how strong passively bumping up Mario's Atk and Def could be.

48 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe I could actually finish it on Sunday, but my brother who has been out of state since February is coming back here for his Summer vacation, and being both big fans of Paper Mario (well, up to Super Paper Mario since he was never interested in using my 3DS and I... I don't remember why I never got the rest of the games myself), I want to play the fight against the Shadow Queen, or perhaps just the entirety of Chapter 8 itself, with him present.

Sounds nostalgic/like what could be a good timeless familial moment.😀

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's 6 BP per badge, a pretty hefty cost. IS knew with such small numbers how strong passively bumping up Mario's Atk and Def could be.

Yeah, right now my BP is 24. So that's half the points on those two, heh. My other equipped badges include a single Power Jump/Smash badge each, two Pretty Luckies, Spike Shield... and I think one of the Happy Heart/Flower badges.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds nostalgic/like what could be a good timeless familial moment.😀

Indeed. If not for him having to leave (he's doing his medical specialization, and the field he chose is not available in our home state), I bet he would've started a Paper Mario 64 playthrough when I got the Online. Granted, if I had got it much earlier, then maybe he could've played long already, haha.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

There were people who all their lives knew Pluto as a planet, dying before it lost that status.

interesting is all.

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Last night I had a dream where Mario Kart 9 was announced. The only part I remember was the DLC characters, who were Toadette, Joker from Persona 5, and Heavy, Scout, and Spy from Team Fortress 2.

Incidentally Heavy and Spy were playable in the PC version of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but the third TF2 character was Pyro, not Scout.

RIP Engineer driving a car with three sentries on it.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

440px-Complaint_tablet_to_Ea-Nasir_2023.

Apparently, this became a meme a few years ago. An 11.6 cm/4.6 in tall cuneiform clay tablet circa 1750 BC, the world's oldest known customer complaint letter.

Written in Akkadian, it's written by a Babylonian trader named Nanni, claiming the copper salesman Ea-nasir was not offering him quality metal, and that Ea-nasir rudely responded to Nanni's claim. We've two other tablets written by other traders making similar accusations of Ea-nasir, and a fourth where Ea-nasir tells the receiver of the letter not to criticize and to trust him.🤓

Having multiple records of your dealings being not above board and being known for that. Some legacy, one might say. Course, this is all we have. Imagine if it actually was infrequent and this is how you're remembered.

...Definitely me.😐

I'd see what avenues there are to getting out and meeting people. It certainly helped.

On the other hand my relationship with home has been a bit more strained lately, probably as much from me wanting to focus on my life and not feeling like it's as relaxing heading back (there's always something to do, for instance) and getting frustrated with them at that.

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

0oHn5PX.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952884c6804fo5rzwrhtp

Goddamm international shipping

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

There were people who all their lives knew Pluto as a planet, dying before it lost that status.

interesting is all.

Hmm...

Discovery in 1930, demotion in 2006... yeah, talk about right.

RIP Engineer driving a car with three sentries on it.

Well, if he ain't driving the payload...

Having multiple records of your dealings being not above board and being known for that. Some legacy, one might say. Course, this is all we have. Imagine if it actually was infrequent and this is how you're remembered.

Truly we're creatures of habits.

Goddamm international shipping

Inb4 Houthis.

I will say "Don't go overboard with the screenshots if it gets in the way of your experience". 

I will say "Ignore what I just said, b/c I regularly overdo it with screenshotting".😝

screenshots and sharing are part of the experience xD

The entirety of the Etrian Odyssey franchise was composed by him

Why couldn't Falcom keep him :sob:

I remember seeing Internet comments explaining the gatcha game's name. The MC Gran + blue hair + fantasy, pretty simple

yup the thought came to me as well.

Also their life link is apparently a gameplay mechanic as well? If one dies so does the other, or so i am told

4 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

That's me while I still can't afford it

cursed

It really really sucks that there's no way to get it physical over here without shipping <.<