• Replies 178k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I have now confirmed the emulator device is full of roms beans.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What a bold take.

The boldest part was saying it to someone who never played it

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If the post-"complete all 300 Missions" judgeship plot is canon, it makes Marche a hypocrite. Mewt gets sent back to the real world shorn of princehood yet Marche gets to become Judgemaster in a world where Laws are too strong. -And let's never forget Doned, you couldn't let your bro having working legs.

Marche really just gets it all, fucking hell he's a dick to Doned.

You didn't have to explain why bench Marcus by C14 BiBla, use him forever in BlaBla, solo SS with Seth. But I get why ya did.😜

Replacing the Jagen discussion took a minute when the person you describe it to has never played 🙂

I forgot to warn him about Sacae 😞

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Btw, where is "here" if you don't mind me asking.

I think Shrimpy answered that one, but yeah, Ireland. It arguably complicates discussion.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The US being "Easy mode" for independence is a statement alright

7NhZZMO.jpeg

Outlaws?

q0ywGFw.jpeg

ey man, Dragon-kun, take it easy no need to Genkidama me!

vOnXAqt.jpeg

Really a shame you are a cultist nut

gl5UKia.jpeg

What is she-

eoX6xPE.jpeg

Oh

0ssQsST.jpeg

Finally, flying riding Technique!

prnJlm4.jpeg

Summoning Snakes eh? Cooliu!

Seems like a really fun character to play with!

ECLoX13.jpeg

....for someone who hates Idiocy she sounds like an Idiot lol

8wKXUpG.jpeg

OH BOI XD

MknLo3m.jpeg

Something something Justice

uNPenhV.jpeg

Even Sky Fantasy world can not avoid medieval woes

29ZNHP5.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9526ht6ygqoqf4fvo5e5t

Seems she can back up her arrogance atleast? xD

Also she has 2 voices, a cutesy one and Tough one, ie. her real one xD

mCvAVKX.jpeg

Tfw you suffer from success so much your own descendants seal you sounds like there's more to it tbh lol

8TBDIax.jpeg

Just because a cute girl is sealed away doesn't mean you have to free her, man xD

Bh9Sijv.jpeg

Alchemists are cats?

KuM7KR6.jpeg

4th Wall break. And Ofc the last bit with her cutesy voice XD

3FOpqaS.jpeg

....why is there an airship under the castle?

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Really a shame you are a cultist nut

Wish she was the puncher nun?

Oh

Scripted defeat?😛

Summoning Snakes eh? Cooliu!

If she's an alchemist, shouldn't she have them bite their own tails?🐍

OH BOI XD

Sv9wHwp4vpMgMKHWsepbhT.jpg

This fellow megalomaniacal narcissist agrees, mirrors are the best.🪞

Even Sky Fantasy world can not avoid medieval woes

Not like you'd turn down a cup o' suf.

Tfw you suffer from success so much your own descendants seal you sounds like there's more to it tbh lol

Never doubt the words of the Perfect One!😛

Just because a cute girl is sealed away doesn't mean you have to free her, man xD

This is anime. First you free her, then she spends the rest of the game scheming world-domination, but ends up going absolutely nowhere serious with it.😝

Alchemists are cats?

Maybe. Maybe it was their experiments with mercury that were the proverbial felinecide, or the ingredients of what would become early gunpowder.

....why is there an airship under the castle?

Why not Shrimpy? Why not?😜

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

think Shrimpy answered that one, but yeah, Ireland. It arguably complicates discussion.

Ah. I thought Shrimpy was posting that video for the hell of it.

Ireland huh. It's on my travel list. The whole of the isles are, though out of all of them I want to check out Wales the most.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ireland huh. It's on my travel list. The whole of the isles are, though out of all of them I want to check out Wales the most.

?

Why Wales?🤔 -Not to criticize it. But of the three realms on the isle of Britain okay, four, Cornwall! it's the smallest and easily the most forgettable in the popular mind. So whereas one can say England or Scotland no questions asked, Wales demands inquiry.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So whereas one can say England or Scotland no questions asked, Wales demands inquiry.

Precisely. It's the one people don't really talk about. Everybody knows England, Scotland and Ireland. So I wanna see.

ZkktdnB.jpeg

Bringing a Mecha to a Magic fight again? Time to die!

*defeats*

dXLwhkq.jpeg

?

what's going on?

1RK4Tyl.jpeg

😮

fK6rDIr.jpeg

The cool factor in this game is PEAK.

TIME FOR MECHA TO MEACHA COMBAT BWAHAHA WHO CARES ABOUT MAGIC AND SWORDS. PEW PEW PEW IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR-

Ix13lYD.jpeg

You have some ancient evil!

C7qHFzO.jpeg

We use the power of love to-

dFAdWFW.jpeg

SUMMON A FINAL BOSS DRAGON!

nqLoV9D.jpeg

This game sure knows how to one up it's own cool factor. WHO CARES ABOUT MECHA IMMA FIRIN MAH DRAGON LAZORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

mCHXpSP.jpeg
BEeIX7u.jpeg
ws9SsiW.jpeg

😎

Some say cool peeps don't look at their own explosion, but if the damage is that high you can look while still being cool!

lRex3At.jpeg

...but aren't the starts even higher than the skies?

48 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ah. I thought Shrimpy was posting that video for the hell of it.

Both tbh. I wanted to post earlier today but forgot and Dayni reminded me xD

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This is anime. First you free her, then she spends the rest of the game scheming world-domination, but ends up going absolutely nowhere serious with it.

World domination 😡

Love 😎

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe. Maybe it was their experiments with mercury that were the proverbial felinecide, or the ingredients of what would become early gunpowder.

Or maybe the result of the whatsitsname Stone is cats?

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why not Shrimpy? Why not?😜

Fair xD
Especially since the countries are on Sky islands anyway, or as the game calls them, Skydoms

25 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Precisely. It's the one people don't really talk about. Everybody knows England, Scotland and Ireland. So I wanna see.

Ah, that logic. I've fallen for it before.😆

*Turns on Aerial Britain on Smithsonian Channel for quick advice*😛

Put Offa's Dyke on your itinerary then. Traditionally believed to have been constructed during the reign of the 8th Century AD King Offa of Mercia (part of Anglo-Saxon England). It's a lengthy earthwork whose still-visible remnants align roughly with the historical and modern Wales-England border, kinda like Trajan's Wall up north. Folklore has it that any Welshman found east of the Dyke would have their ears cut off, any Englishman found west would be hanged.

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

TIME FOR MECHA TO MEACHA COMBAT

Say no more!😝

SUMMON A FINAL BOSS DRAGON!

I'm getting Bayonetta vibes?

Or maybe the result of the whatsitsname Stone is cats?

The Philosopher's Stone is supposed to make gold. Are you telling me cats are the true priceless treasure?

Just now, Codename Shrimp said:

They do in her ultimate attack

...And there's the ouroboros!😆

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm getting Bayonetta vibes?

Well, Platinum did work on the game in early development

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you telling me cats are the true priceless treasure?

Are you telling me they are not?

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ah, there we are with the reasons, didn't find it looking earlier.

The sad part? His career seemed bright? I always seen good things said about his work. If he did nothing wrong, hopefully they give him a fair chance. 

This is why 3rd Doctor is unfathomably based.

Folklore has it that any Welshman found east of the Dyke would have their ears cut off, any Englishman found west would be hanged.

Well that escalated quickly.

Watched some fireworks on TV with family. Sure it's not going anywhere, but it does help me mentally ever so slightly.

---

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/07/ys-x-nordics-lands-on-switch-in-the-west-this-october

Xmas gift it is.

Switch version b/c physical giftability then. ...But please confirm Switch successor is backwards-compatible then, Ninty.

3 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Well, Platinum did work on the game in early development

Toooooootally random, but taking advantage of the thinnest thread related to witchiness, Shrimpy. If you have a witch folder and throw just about anything into it that counts.:

Spoiler

2-war_magus_portraits.png

Here's something you've might've already had in there b/c of me.😆 Etrian Odyssey's War Magus class. Looks witchy enough for you?

I haven't played EO2 where they debuted and played differently than in the 3DS entries. And while I haven't used one yet, I'm told War Magi were nerfed in Nexus. ...Nerfed from their 2 Untold incarnation, where the War Magus class is pretty good from the times I've used it.😀

My breakdown of the class in 2 Untold...

• The War Magus skillset has two halves- War Lore and War Edge.
  • War Lore is healing. Which it does differently from its fellow healer the Medic.
    • War Heal/Line/All/Revive heal twice per turn, once at the very start, once at the very end. The individual heals are weaker than what a Medic can do, but together they're sufficient, with the unique turn order structuring of the heals being possibly useful.
    • Artery and War Response are a buff and debuff respectively that provide a little healing whenever an ally acts or the enemy acts respectively. They're not very strong HP restores in themselves, but added together with the three War Heals they aren't useless.
      • Warmight and Rockskin are single-target buffs, not line/partywide ones like others are, but factoring in the bonuses from the passive multi-enhancing War Lore Mastery skill, they are competitively strong as general attack/defense buffs.
    • You also have Barrier, which at maximum skill level has a 100% of negating 5 successful ailment/bind/debuff inflictions on the turn it's used. It has to be casted on every turn you think a baddie is going to hit you with something debilitating, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure some would say.
      • The War Magus has Displace to remove Binds & Ailments from a single ally and attempt to transfer them to one enemy. Not great, as enemies tend to resist whatever binds/ailments they use against you, but it's still consumable item-free bind/ailment curing, that's useful.
      • Fairy Robe -the Force Break (one-use special skill) of the War Magus class- provides a big heal with bind/ailment removal to all allies (no revive though) and negates all incoming debuffs/binds/ailments for one turn.
    • Nothing can top the Medic as a dedicated healer, but the War Magus can easily suffice as the main healer of pretty much any team.
  • War Edge is the nastier side of the War Magus.
    • Using either a sword or staff, a War Magus can cut deep into an enemy.
      • War Edge Mastery is the passive skill that enables staffs to be used for sword skills. It also provides the War Magus with a TP increase if equipped with a sword, or an atk increase if equipped with a staff.
    • ...But, War Edge skills do nothing special at all if the target enemy isn't afflicted with an ailment!
      • For this, there is the Random Disease skill, a War Lore skill. But attempting to inflict a completely random ailment is far from ideal.
      • Thus, the War Magus looking to go on offense needs an ally- a Survivalist, a Dark Hunter, or most ideally a Hexer (ez infliction time!), to land some ailments on the enemy for them.
      • In a pinch, the War Magus can activate their Force Boost (3-turn temporary boost)- War Edge Power, which makes all War Edge skills function as if the enemy had an ailment on them.
    • Provided you do have an enemy with an ailment on them...
      • Strength/Guard Slash debuffs enemy atk/def pretty strongly and for a long while.
      • Head/Arm/Legcut have very high base chances of landing their respective binds. Just ignore a Hexer using Chained Benefit + Creeping Curse + Stigmata and landing all three at once. (Though with Displace you could try shifting the three self-inflicted binds off the Hexer onto another enemy in some circumstances.)
      • Ailing Slash is what makes War Magus strong. Very simple- if enemy has ailment, big damage time!😄 It's Cut/Almighty elements, the Almighty aspect meaning almost nothing can resist Ailing Slash.
        • A Dark Hunter with Trance + Soul Liberator or Ecstasy can, with proper complicated setup, deal more single-turn big damage than a War Magus against afflicted foes. Yet Ailing Slash is simpler to execute and still powerful.
      • There is also Vampire. A passive skill that heals all allies on the War Magus's row for up to 30/50% of the damage the War Magus deals, when the enemy is afflicted with an ailment. This plus Ailing Slash can mitigate/reduce the need for flinging War Heals when the enemy has an ailment (which can also weaken their offense).
    • War Edge attacks are all melee range, so they do require the War Magus be in the front row to avoid having their damage halved. Thankfully, the War Magus has stats that are adequate for being upfront.

So, what you get in total from the War Magus is: A solid, slightly-offbeat healer, that, if you've a free slot in the front row and a teammate who can provide ailment support, carve up bad guys too. 

TL;DR- I really like the gameplay flavor of this aesthetically somewhat-witchy class. And just did some 1000% autistic blabbing on in it to explain that to you the witch aficionado.😆

...I should've written this when I was deep in the EO mood last month.😅 But now, I can't play Etrian Odyssey, a week into the melancholy, all video games tastes like ash on the tongue. Meaningless wastes of futile existence, as paradoxical as that sounds. Since if all is meaningless, then how one spends their futility matters not, therefore, if video games are particularly meaningless, then there must be something with meaning. -But my brain hits me as if the opposing statements were both true. Watching video games, reading about video games, talking about video games, is as close as I can get.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you have a witch folder

I actually don't xD

I do have a wallpaper folder, which does have some witches, but i usually don't save images i can't use as wallpaper

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TL;DR- I really like the gameplay flavor of this aesthetically somewhat-witchy class. And just did some 1000% autistic blabbing on in it to explain that to you the witch aficionado.

😄 

Hope you had fun with it!

So Venezuela plays against Canada today. And Venezuela will win. Why?

BECAUSE TODAY IS VENEZUELAN INDEPENDENCE DAY RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Arepa_de_pabellon.jpg

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__conte

chicha.jpg

220px-Chicha_venezuela.jpg

Curacao-Icterus-Icterus-2013.JPG

GLORIA AL BRAVO PUEBLO MOTHERFUCKERS we got the Independence Day advantage. What the fuck is an economy?

The buffed Arrow Knight Chris feels good, I think. The extra durability is most certainly noticeable and two extra points of strength do make for a nice buff to her skill with standard bows. I also gave the Arrow Knight Desperation, so she can celebrate her class change from 10-m by going to town with that on Scorpion's Sting. Desperation with 2 range is also not something the game does anywhere else.

I didn't think Chris actually needed those buffs. Just wanted to make the Arrow Knight class change feel like it actually matters.
And I don't think Paramythis level durability suddenly allows her to completely break the post 10-m game.