Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

> Floor 94

> Two Amayzee Dayzee

Thats always nice! Its always a blessing when your fortune seems endless!

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Thats always nice! Its always a blessing when your fortune seems endless!

It was revenge for that wrathful Amayzee from Twilight Trail!

Alright, Floor 99. Sadly I couldn't time to get a level up just before Bonetail. That's fine. Never once I had to use the Ultra Shrooms and Jammin' Jelly I brought. So I'm well stocked. Have a good badge setup, I hope. Alright, time to end this!

Darn, Argentina just got lucky this time. We almost had them! The game looked like a rematch between Titanic and Iceberg we got demolished oh lordy

Edited by Benice

Ahahaha, I did it! Bonetail defeated!

Phew. Now only the remake-only Superbosses are left to defeat. Hmm... well, definitely not tonight, at least.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

Darn, Argentina just got lucky this time. We almost had them! The game looked like a rematch between Titanic and Iceberg we got demolished oh lordy

Hey, you still have a shot for third place.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ahahaha, I did it! Bonetail defeated!

Nice.😀

I never once completed the Po100T (in TTYD; SPM's Flipside yes, Flopside no), I only went down halfway for the Strange Sack and that was it. Child me was too intimidated by the prospect of Bonetail and the bad guys on the lower floors.😅

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nice.😀

I never once completed the Po100T (in TTYD; SPM's Flipside yes, Flopside no), I only went down halfway for the Strange Sack and that was it. Child me was too intimidated by the prospect of Bonetail and the bad guys on the lower floors.😅

I did it once, back in the NGC version. I would say I had a much easier run this time around. Though admittedly I was playing less blind.

Like, I had 45 BP, so that allowed this Badge Setup:

Lucky Day
2 Pretty Lucky
2 Power Plus
2 Power Plus P
Piercing Blow
2 Flower Saver P

I forgot what I used for the last BP. Anyway, that evasion stack on Mario pretty much ensured I could stay on the offensive almost all the time. Did lost a few of my partners, though, hahaha. Should've brought a Life Shroom or two with me, but ah well.

In a way it is a tragedy that 20021 has been delayed for an indefinite time, as things did end a little bit of a cliffhanger. Also much to my surprise the brilliant caper of Manny and Nick, with such highlights as the locomotive lateral, and the upcoming culmination of a multi-thousand year plan to even have a chance with a 5 mile desert run along the Mexico border in almost exactly 18 minute, with the impending tragedy of either one of the couple having to either abandon the game for good, or a roughly 1000 year wait before they can be reunited have gotten me more invested in the human characters than I expected from the series. Don't get me wrong the lovable protagonists of 17776 and 20020 are still my favorites, but the drama of Manny and Nick impresses.

Messi chose his successor all those years ago /s

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Sheisbeuw9 I can't find Dayni's reply to me on Mobile serenes so I'll have to answer later

I like the idea sheisbeuw9 is some newfangled swear.

Like "I can't stand walking through the mud, it's sheisbeuw9 to me"

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shall I find you a recipe for some French onion soup?🧅🥣

My tastebuds ain't that fond of layers.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ya know, going through a bout of MDD of late (feels like I'm in the recovery phase now, though still to some extent "aging/death-hypersensitive" and ever wary of a possible backslide) I was thinking about video games and depression.

It's pretty normal to see characters with trauma/sad baggage, and who witness tragedies like family/friends murdered and hometowns destroyed and then go emotionally downhill for a bit. -But for me, that's -thankfully- pure fantasy. What of someone who wasn't a tortured laboratory test subject and don't get backstabbed halfway into the plot by their adoptive fathers? Of someone who is simply, "intrinsically", pained with melancholy?

Maybe such people exist. The gaming landscape is vast nowadays, what I've seen is limited, and even more so by my own disinclination for anything too dark/sad.😆 But I haven't seen them/wouldn't know.

Feel like that's the case (though I'll admit the fact I'm not recalling is unfortunate), but the main issue for most games is that if you're not the protagonist in most genres you're unlikely to get much time dedicated to your issues and thus don't get the perspective to see someone in this state and explore that.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yet for whatever fighting she does, I wouldn't say Samus's journeys are akin to, I sincerely don't know 😅, some Western sci-fi dude clad in heavy armor with a laser assault rifle? It's like how people say Metroid Prime is a First-Person Adventure, not a First-Person Shooter.

Yes Samus does end up powerful by her missions' ends, and she knows how to take down prey, sometimes being assigned to outright kill things -Metroid 2. But when I play a Metroid, I don't feel like I need to kill everything I see if they aren't unavoidable & aggressive. I could just be running and jumping and Morph Balling through the room looking for upgrades or to reach the next objective.

...Okay, maybe "Space Ninja" is the wrong phrase, since it can mean full-stealth all the time. "Space Assassin", is more denotatively lethal, but still not "obliterate everything in sight. That better?

I see my own ideas on this are pretty dissimilar, at least on aggression. That's probably due to the game setting itself as a hostile world, with the fauna, at times flora and liquids in some holes causing damage and it's that hostility that is set for the player early.

I tend to get myself damaged as I go, so the bit of "I should probably try and get healed" is there too.

Also, I cut my sentence short there. "but she has a good capability of fighting opponents either up close or by blasting them."

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also much to my surprise the brilliant caper of Manny and Nick, with such highlights as the locomotive lateral, and the upcoming culmination of a multi-thousand year plan to even have a chance with a 5 mile desert run along the Mexico border in almost exactly 18 minute, with the impending tragedy of either one of the couple having to either abandon the game for good, or a roughly 1000 year wait before they can be reunited have gotten me more invested in the human characters than I expected from the series.

Okay this resulted in me checking what you were talking about, so that this made sense.

14 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Okay this resulted in me checking what you were talking about, so that this made sense.

Did you start with 17776, or jump straight into 20020, or simply look up a description of it?

I was curious how FE would play out had death been like FFT in battle, where they stayed around for 3 "counts" of their turn, and staff units could revive them.

Of course you would need to design that with a drawback, something like said characters cant move for the next turn or two. 

34 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I was curious how FE would play out had death been like FFT in battle, where they stayed around for 3 "counts" of their turn, and staff units could revive them.

Of course you would need to design that with a drawback, something like said characters cant move for the next turn or two. 

There are quite a few weird design decisions you would have to make, especially with what happens to the dying body (or if they are revived immobile) and the weird way that would interplay with regard to choke-points and other defensive formations in FE. FFT generally has more traversable terrain, less populated maps, and higher ranged attack ranges which mitigate the weirdness that can occur by dying bodies taking up space, and if they don't take up space that begs the question of what happens when they are revived and the space they should appear on is occupied. Also adds the question of should this mechanic effect enemies as well, and if it does the extreme skewing it would give to the value of enemy healers. Depending on how you design it, it could have a lot of notable far spanning changes, and have a noticeable impact on what is preferable with map design as well.

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There are quite a few weird design decisions you would have to make, especially with what happens to the dying body (or if they are revived immobile) and the weird way that would interplay with regard to choke-points and other defensive formations in FE

You could allow riders to move them, perhaps? Ally or enemy?

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

FFT generally has more traversable terrain, less populated maps, and higher ranged attack ranges which mitigate the weirdness that can occur by dying bodies taking up space

I can't really deny this though.

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also adds the question of should this mechanic effect enemies as well, and if it does the extreme skewing it would give to the value of enemy healers

Possibly only allow a small handful of them to access it? Also, set those specific units with lower MOV perhaps?

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Depending on how you design it, it could have a lot of notable far spanning changes, and have a noticeable impact on what is preferable with map design as well

The idea isn't without it's negatives for certain, but I think it could allow for some strategic depth as well.

Farage showed up five hours late to the Commons?

Pretty sure most of us wouldn't have a job after that. If he's starting like that, I can only assume it's going to be a shitshow. On top of everything else sure, but it's a possible salve to see him just be so shit at it that him getting in might backfire.

7 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Did you start with 17776, or jump straight into 20020, or simply look up a description of it?

Description (Mainly because 1000 years? I got curious). I'm not much of an ebook guy, couldn't have looked for it that fast physically.

1 minute ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Lmaooooooooooooooooooo

Miss Marple parody but Merkel?

Reality is stranger than fiction sometimes, but here I think fiction wins the day.

4 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I could buy that on paper (though probably as an optional thing for the playthrough, I'd probably go for it), but also that unit being in the square they fell in has it's own balance to consider, such as if they fell to a boss you have to fight and that space is kinda taken up by your squishy trainee now.

(Maybe one square of move to turn to allow for manouvring around them and if opponents hit them on the ground they lose a count to discourage throwing a unit into dozens of enemies)

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There are quite a few weird design decisions you would have to make, especially with what happens to the dying body (or if they are revived immobile) and the weird way that would interplay with regard to choke-points and other defensive formations in FE. FFT generally has more traversable terrain, less populated maps, and higher ranged attack ranges which mitigate the weirdness that can occur by dying bodies taking up space, and if they don't take up space that begs the question of what happens when they are revived and the space they should appear on is occupied. Also adds the question of should this mechanic effect enemies as well, and if it does the extreme skewing it would give to the value of enemy healers. Depending on how you design it, it could have a lot of notable far spanning changes, and have a noticeable impact on what is preferable with map design as well.

See, you considered more than I did.

Ignoring the enemy for a second, another point with FFT map design is that it's more vertical, which of course plays a lot into access to combat with those added ranges and player units having to account for that. As well as that, FFT doesn't do untraversable terrain so much, giving another problem to consider with FE's balance and how often those result in the chokepoints you mentioned.e

(Unofficial) Doom ports are getting weird.

---

I'm considering getting back into playing video games today. But I feel like I've cursed Etrian Odyssey Nexus now by it being the thing I was playing right before I went melancholic, despite wanting to get back to it (still I'm done with like only the first third of the game, my team never unleashed its full potential). I want to Switch instead, which HAS to mean XC3 at last. ...But I'm still afraid won't be in such a mood that it'll be free of being tainted by lingering melancholy. And Megaton Musashi is drawing me towards it, feeling like it might be shine brightly for me, even in my current (improving) state. Yet I'd be breaking my worthless word AGAIN on XC3.😑 -I never bought the Expansion Pass for XC3 actually. Wait two months so I can get some eShop cash to buy it and have any maingame bonuses it provides?

45 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I could buy that on paper (though probably as an optional thing for the playthrough, I'd probably go for it), but also that unit being in the square they fell in has it's own balance to consider, such as if they fell to a boss you have to fight and that space is kinda taken up by your squishy trainee now.

Hence why I mentioned riders being allowed to move them. XD

Trails players upset that Insight isn't insane in Daybreak. XD

They don't realise that enemy DEX actually makes a difference, now!

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Description (Mainly because 1000 years? I got curious). I'm not much of an ebook guy, couldn't have looked for it that fast physically.

Naw they are both online multimedia works, just google the numbers and you can experience them (although 17776 disguises itself as an article about football, entitled What football will look like in the future, and I don't know how well they work on mobile).