• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

TIL- Racism worsened WWII rationing in the US.

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

It would have been so easy for her to pick Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro, because Electoral College bullshit makes Pennsylvania a really attractive target. But Shapiro is incredibly divisive, who supported some Republican viewpoints such as school vouchers, is one of the most vocal critics of the Free Palestine movements, shaky relationship with unions and apparently covered up a murder case as a suicide cause his friend was one of the suspects. Also volunteered for the IDF (not in combat capacity), not to mention a sexual harassment scandal in his office that while he personally didn't do it, also didn't do anything about. In other words, picking him would've given Republicans actual ammunition.

Choosing this for the sake of Pennsylvania?🤨 Policies are one thing, but that? I'm exaggerating when I invoke Matthew 16:26 (Castlevania told me of it), but that is one major moral red flag.

I haven't watched the news in months -but since you suggested this was a moment to be hopeful (kinda the opposite of how I felt the night prior hearing of the recession fears, in case that dooms things), I flipped it on. Apparently the vetting interviews went over very differently- Walz asked no questions and said he'd do whatever the Prez told him to do as VP. Shapiro came in asking questions about what specifically the VP's role would be, the man hid not his personal ambitions. 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Choosing this for the sake of Pennsylvania?🤨 Policies are one thing, but that? I'm exaggerating when I invoke Matthew 16:26 (Castlevania told me of it), but that is one major moral red flag.

It's just allegations for now but the Pennsylvania Supreme Court agreed to reopen the case. Easy pickings for the GOP to attack Shapiro over that.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shapiro came in asking questions about what specifically the VP's role would be, the man hid not his personal ambitions. 

Even in his congratulatory letter, the first like three paragraphs were about him. People clown on Fetterman, rightfully so, but he did say Shapiro was more focused on his ambition rather than the country.

Still though, he is a good public speaker looks like and can still rally Penn behind Harris and Walz.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(kinda the opposite of how I felt the night prior hearing of the recession fears, in case that dooms things)

I mean, the market just rebounded today and is climbing back up again. Some of it was noise trying to blame it on Harris/Dems (Trump was outright calling it a Kamala Crash), anyway. Which isn't new.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On one hand, what a relief it wasn't worse, on the other:

8zih01.jpg

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft XD

Pfft

Clearly the curse is blood magic, look how two people died during the duel

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Triggers reminder of when LBJ gifted the Pope a bust of LBJ himself.*

Good thing they workshopped the protest chants, "How many busts did you send today?" doesn't have the same venom to it.

God Hammer was good, despite not being Domon wielding Goldymarg.

-Got back to Megaton Musashi after like a full week of not. The major event was lopsidedly heavy on the dialogue, minus the beefy boss that could 3HKO me, yet it was still awesome. I want to play more, I should given I want this game done and it's compelling and I feel so finicky about when I play. ...But it feels like the chapter was a satisfying meal and I'm full.😆

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

image.png?ex=66b4fdde&is=66b3ac5e&hm=ec6

Fucking finally, god damn.

Me when I'm losing at Mario Party but someone triggers Bowser Revolution.

My appearance of seriousness as I scream "Stop hitting me in the dieck!" as he kills the sixth enemy this enemy phase

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Me when I'm losing at Mario Party but someone triggers Bowser Revolution.

Bowser would go all in on the military parade

17 minutes ago, Dayni said:

A question to Teehee: What's got you bopping in that?

My contribution

Wraith looks out the open window at the blood red sunset, holding a half empty whisky bottle in his benumbed fingers.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

So, I just recruited Draggy in Chrono Cross. You know, adorable little baby dragon... then it hits me.

The incubator area you have to hatch his egg has five of them. Upon hatching, Draggy starts wondering where his siblings are. Specifically calling for an older brother and sister, and younger brother and sister.

Alright, who in the Fates writing staff was the Chrono Cross fan, huh...

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, I just recruited Draggy in Chrono Cross. You know, adorable little baby dragon... then it hits me.

The incubator area you have to hatch his egg has five of them. Upon hatching, Draggy starts wondering where his siblings are. Specifically calling for an older brother and sister, and younger brother and sister.

Wraith:

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Slow Thursday, huh.

I couldn't decide on what "substantial" game to play, so I've been wasting my time watching (virtual) grass grow terraforming Mars.😅

...Think you could clarify Layzner in the SRW64 topic? You know it better than I.

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I couldn't decide on what "substantial" game to play, so I've been wasting my time watching (virtual) grass grow terraforming Mars.😅

...Think you could clarify Layzner in the SRW64 topic? You know it better than I.

Sure. Already made a response there.