Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Modern game industry moment is when the branch studio that released the new Visions of Mana got immediately shut down.

Tencent moment

1 hour ago, Venger_06 said:

image.png?ex=66d2865d&is=66d134dd&hm=b0e

Should I become a redeemable monster or remain irredeemable?

The more fun option!

92qyu2vc0hs71.png

And here's the old full version

YeRn8.jpeg

O: thanks for this

What are you waiting for???

VN wise already got Lupercalia downloaded do wanna do that first

Epic

KOHA_T01C.png

Pleasured herself too far eh? :p

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I'd say, the fact they made an area for Journey crossover is nice and all... but the best part of it has to be the fact the entrance is in the same room as a refillable chest. One with the potential of having Gold (the item, not money) in it. So it's a matter of heading in, back out, open chest, and repeat.

Thanks to that, I got the Augment Gold Shard to Rank 9 in short order. Getting that 500K gold is now a matter of time.

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nation of Fools and Burnt Paradise, those were things.😐 The weird shapes made them a tad cumbersome to traverse, and the music for Nation of Fools was a bad ear worm. Decidedly modern, decidedly ...nihilistic? Am I reading too much into them if they're post-WWI pessimistic commentary, on the horrors humanity had wrought, in the name of what was seen at the start of WWI as "sane" and "noble" ideas- like fighting to the death for one's country?🤔

Yeah, I've seen people comment/headcanon how they represent Brauner's own feelings regarding the interwar era (specially with those level names, as it could be symbolic of Romania after the Treaty of Bucharest but before jumping in again in 1918). Which for him would include the death of his daughters, after all.

I like it that they threw Dracula X into the GBA collection, and Haunted Castle into the DS one. Because the thing about old franchises, is that they often had these weird spinoffs/weaker entries. And if you wanted to preserve these, well they aren't capable of being tossed together into an "Et Cetera Collection" and sold at a profit- who would want to buy them?🤔 Will Capcom ever save Mega Man Soccer (-to pick something random off the top of my head)?

That's certainly true. Though they could've still fit in the Classic Collection, since it was already covering from that era, after all.

Maybe we can get a collection with Rondo, Symphony, and maybe some other random choice thrown in.

...And maybe it's because I don't have that much attachment to him or anything, but I think I'm okay now with Simon's redesign?😆 

simon-full.png

-Or maybe I'm too tolerant.😅 Or not b/c Judgment's take on Death is still unforgivable.

Either way, I'm only now discovering that Judgment's -overwhelmingly remixes- OST is fairly good.😄

Makes me think of Isaac, pft. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Consent is poggers, stay redeemable!

This is a Clockup game, I'm afraid this line has been crossed a long time ago

Oh, hi Benice, didnt't know you were back. How's the university going?

22 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The more fun option!

both-agree.gif

I'm going to pull a Shiki then

24 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

O: thanks for this

You can find the director's cut patch on nyaa

26 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

VN wise already got Lupercalia downloaded do wanna do that first

Understandable, it got a translation recently, right? Maybe I'll even check it out

This reminds me that I haven't checked Aiyoku no Eustia's translation in a while, I've been waiting for this shit for 10 years at least

I'd probably feel gipped if my lego cat got it's wish to be a real cat.

3 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

So it's a musical to boot?

It threatened to be, but no.

3 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

IcDBPnt.gif

There are people who'd want to see the US collapse on itself and see this as a way to it. I consider that idea to have issues.

Nation of Fools is such a great level. I don't know why it's the only stage that takes advantage of the whole "portrait" concept by presenting this surreal environment with artistic expression. It's insane how it sticks out from all the ordinary locations in the other portraits.

Of course even this gem is really cheapened by the remix after the sisters battle, where instead of there being a thematically fitting boss being at the center of gravity, you just fight Medusa in a random room.
And just in general, losing the sense of mystique and dread that the stage originally had means that you are gonna focus a lot more on how annoying the platforming in the vertical sections is.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Makes me think of Isaac, pft. XD

Just what were they thinking with him?😆

7 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

VN wise already got Lupercalia

The Roman fertility & purification festival, held on Feb 15 (which is why it was also called Dies Februatus). Young men would run around Rome naked, slapping people with thongs.😄

(The men being 20-40 yrs of age. The thongs -februa- being made from a goat they had just sacrificed and eaten. Women would eagerly want to get whipped by the naked men, believing it would help get them pregnant/give birth more safely.)

Lupercalia was a very old Roman holiday, possibly the most ancient. Even in the Roman Republic, writers were asking themselves "Why are we still doing this?🤨", to which, the only plausible answer- "It's tradition!😆".

Marc Antony participated in the naked running at least once, during which he supposedly attempted to crown Julius Caesar (he turned it down, twice). Augustus would give new life to the Lupercalia as its popularity began to decline -but banned beardless men from the sacred streaking to make it less scandalous (Augustus was big on morality). After this, Lupercalia remained popular, especially with the lower classes of Roman society. Even after the rise of Christianity in the 300s, Lupercalia was one of the last pagan Roman festivals to hold out, indicative of its enduring popularity. It wasn't until 495 AD that the Pope banned it, but the Roman Senate (still around even after the fall of the Western Empire) complained and the festival survived a little longer.

Wanna revive the holiday, Shrimpy?😃

69oK0EJ.png
sR4F2al.png

:concern:

Run...

Wait he can't run

FLY AWAY OR SOMETHING

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Young men would run around Rome naked, slapping people with thongs.😄

(The men being 20-40 yrs of age. The thongs -februa- being made from a goat they had just sacrificed and eaten. Women would eagerly want to get whipped by the naked men, believing it would help get them pregnant/give birth more safely.)

the olden times were wild XD

"It's tradition!😆".

a classic xD

but banned beardless men from the sacred streaking to make it less scandalous (Augustus was big on morality).

Morality x That festival

I can't compute this xD

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well

Only if i only watch - don't wanna participate in this - i do still have some dignity after all xD

XzBrYej.png

Ah the holy grail - corrupted as usual

-----

Some Sky news from today's Dangeki Steam:
They will add details related to Sora that appeared later in the series.
The game will be revoiced (voice actors yet to be decided).
They will only remake FC, and if it sells well, they'll proceed with the rest.

That means EN voice acting hope is not dead @Armagon

I don't like the first point but eh

Also some Kai news for those who care:

Kai news will be released weekly starting from next week.
The masked rangers are a new force being introduced with Kai.
Kai will kick off with a bang, featuring important characters right from the start.
The development of Kai has been completed.
The game has the second-largest script size in the series.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hopefully better than TotK Depths

----

qHRDuNk.png

loooooool

Edited by Codename Shrimp

23 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

They will add details related to Sora that appeared later in the series

Tbf I think even in SC there were moments like "this guy was there all along".

24 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

They will only remake FC, and if it sells well, they'll proceed with the rest.

Cliffhanger more like abysshanger.

29 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

The game will be revoiced (voice actors yet to be decided).

Very weird thing not to have the voice actors ready when the game comes out next year.

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Very weird thing not to have the voice actors ready when the game comes out next year.

Probably late next year then?

Will be their main game next year after Kai this year?

Hmm, didn't expect to need the heavy boots today.

Finished HoD and this Drac gets wrecked by Bolt Book. Only warped twice in the first phase and I could have been healless if I'd taken more care. Only figures the Dracula that's barely there is easily dispatched. Considering Wind Book helps a lot with the hardest part of the final battle (Maxim), just have a book ready by endgame.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Roman fertility & purification festival, held on Feb 15 (which is why it was also called Dies Februatus). Young men would run around Rome naked, slapping people with thongs.😄

Lupercalia was a very old Roman holiday, possibly the most ancient. Even in the Roman Republic, writers were asking themselves "Why are we still doing this?🤨", to which, the only plausible answer- "It's tradition!😆".

Marc Antony participated in the naked running at least once, during which he supposedly attempted to crown Julius Caesar (he turned it down, twice). Augustus would give new life to the Lupercalia as its popularity began to decline -but banned beardless men from the sacred streaking to make it less scandalous (Augustus was big on morality). After this, Lupercalia remained popular, especially with the lower classes of Roman society. Even after the rise of Christianity in the 300s, Lupercalia was one of the last pagan Roman festivals to hold out, indicative of its enduring popularity. It wasn't until 495 AD that the Pope banned it, but the Roman Senate (still around even after the fall of the Western Empire) complained and the festival survived a little longer.

The tradition writer's barely disguised interest in whipping is clear.

Funny to see it even survived the Fall of Rome, as did the Senate. Truly a cockroach of Rome the Senate.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Buckle up boys, the Bell Riots do be starting.

r/DeepSpaceNine - Things Can Only Get Better From Here....

Don't tell me we're heading down the "Last minute UI" route.

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Guy on the left in the thumbnail is funny to me.

Spoiler

Seeing the Still World is a bit more than just the dungeons but it seems like it's linear sections. Looks like they've a pretty solid plan so far, including with the boss footage we did get.

Seeing Swordfighter Form is sad to me however, mostly because I thought we'd be swordless for once and this denies that. The swordfighter being left handed when Zelda's right handed is a cute detail at least.

27 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

qHRDuNk.png

loooooool

There's a Zelda who slept through the end of the world, this will be a picnic in comparison.

59 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Buckle up boys, the Bell Riots do be starting.

r/DeepSpaceNine - Things Can Only Get Better From Here....

Lol, are we really on the date that DS9 episode was set in?

I remember 2025 as the year for some "30 minutes into the future" settings. Power Rangers: SPD along with a game that I saw advertised at my local Gamestop many years ago titled "Earth Defense Force 2025". The future is always boring to those who actually live in it. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but still.

16 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Lol, are we really on the date that DS9 episode was set in?

Yesterday was Skynet's awakening in Judgement Day.

Yeah, the 2020's seem to be a thing for past writers.

Screenshot_2024-08-30-12-54-35-36_0b2fce

2 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

remember 2025 as the year for some "30 minutes into the future" settings. Power Rangers: SPD along with a game that I saw advertised at my local Gamestop many years ago titled "Earth Defense Force 2025". The future is always boring to those who actually live in it. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but still.

Doctor Who has gone on for long that the 1968 episode set in a futuristic 2018 and the 2018 episodes set in actual 2018 are part of the same canon.

Finally gotten word on the voluntary stuff.

Happening: It's

Start Week: Next

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-08-30-12-54-35-36_0b2fce

BBC getting the One Piece rights because they want to be the ones with control over Pirates, how British of them /s

8 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Wraith loves FEH confirmed.

Does anything else besides slander and lies about my impeccable character ever leave your mouth Shrimp-kun?