• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

10 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

yXypKVp.png

If anything it's stronger now?

Maybe it depends on the amount.

...or wait hang on, the PS5 Pro is 650 Euros while being 700 Dollars, yeah the Euro is stronger by a bit i suppose. 

2 hours ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Yeah, Super Castlevania IV does have great soundtrack variety. Slower atmospheric pieces but then also faster, more energetic ones like this one.

Legacy of Darkness did actually have a nice, haunting version of Bloody Tears. Only used in cutscenes, though.

On a related note, I like the dark reprise of Vampire Killer when Cornell meets Dracula, that kicks in at the 0:38 mark.

Did..... Did he just apologise to the Smash community?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

This is for the 1%. 

Just build a PC with that money at this point.

Do not disagree, pointing at the realities of what people are expected to confront if they're jumping to this level of hardware if they've not been keeping up in prior years.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

l9Xu6mH.png

This is straight up highway robbery

80% of the price the PS5 Pro's being charged.

Even with currency fluctuations, that's mad.

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ya know, now is the right time for the switch 2 announcement.

Aslong as Ninty doesn't go "500 bucks" ofc lol, but i think 400 might even be acceptable with every gaming hardware price going crazy

Yeah, I suspect it'll take a massive fumble for Nintendo to get this wrong.

I suspect they could get away with €450 to be honest. Now, will people hold off from launch? This depends on how much of a technical jump actually happens.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's not a bad game and I think I would've enjoyed it more if I were younger. But compared to other Mario RPGs, I think it's just ok.

...And I played it as a child admittedly.😅 Had a Game Boy Player for my GameCube, so I occasionally even played the big bright charming game on a big screen.

On the earlier Joke's End talk, I recall one stopping one of my playthroughs there, but I can't remember why, maybe some mandatory mini-game? And I do remember the Dry DK one had given me trouble before that. 

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Oh hey, you're off to NY after all.

A short trip yeah. I've seen many of the big tourist places in NYC, but the two touristy islands I haven't been to since mid-2001, and I remember nothing of either place.

I watched a show yesterday detailing the construction of One Vanderbilt, a fairly new (finished in 2020) Manhattan skyscraper next to Grand Central Terminal. The 73-story building has an observation deck and was the most expensive skyscraper ever constructed in NYC at the time. Might hit the deck on a later trip perhaps before the year is over too.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the earlier Joke's End talk, I recall one stopping one of my playthroughs there, but I can't remember why, maybe some mandatory mini-game?

Joke's End had a huge segment where the Bros have to split up and you control each one individually. Could've been that.

Sakurai apologies to players "wasting time" playing Smash. Why the hell did he make the game if he thought it was a "waste of time"? Xd

Edited by Lightcosmo

Well, Hardin has been deposed for Marth to take over the continent as a despot. But game's not over yet because I did get all orbs.

Sadly it wasn't Sheema, but Tiki did do a crit for 90 damage.

Edit: Is there a glitch associated with Watch? I used it on this map for the bottom right corner, then when I unlocked it later it was closed off and I couldn't enter it. Does that area close off if you try to go there after fighting Hardin regardless? Or did I learn why Watch was never used again?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A short trip yeah. I've seen many of the big tourist places in NYC, but the two touristy islands I haven't been to since mid-2001, and I remember nothing of either place.

I watched a show yesterday detailing the construction of One Vanderbilt, a fairly new (finished in 2020) Manhattan skyscraper next to Grand Central Terminal. The 73-story building has an observation deck and was the most expensive skyscraper ever constructed in NYC at the time. Might hit the deck on a later trip perhaps before the year is over too.

So much of New York I didn't see last time, but that's just the breaks. An excuse to go without it being primarily family focused

since mid-2001

I wonder what the skyline was like from there back then, ignoring the WTC it's not like skyscrapers have generally gotten taller in Manhattan since, would I be right?

I do think we passed the Vanderbilt, but I wouldn't be able to tell you much about it. And how is already outspent for construction, it's been 4 years?

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

ckq9svkr71od1.png?auto=webp&s=4bcb82de25p

Adding a Wii U and X in there cements it. Now add a PS2 with Xenogears/Saga

You hope it tanks in terms of teaching a lesson.

Edited by Dayni

Welcome back Dick Cheney.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

wonder what the skyline was like from there back then, ignoring the WTC it's not like skyscrapers have generally gotten taller in Manhattan since, would I be right?

They're planning some new ones but the skyline is pretty much the same iirc.

And same, I've been to NYC a few times and there's still a lot I haven't seen. And that's just Manhattan alone, not even taking into account Brooklyn, Queens or 🤢 the Bronx.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Got to this, interesting to see what has been built up to and the little twist compared to what happened in the game. I knew more than I anticipated I would for this (briefly played years ago, have not proceeded with), but yeah I'll be unready for the next part.

Not sure if I'd continue the idea. Got a lot other stuff I'd write first. Though who knows.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I do think we passed the Vanderbilt, but I wouldn't be able to tell you much about it. And how is already outspent for construction, it's been 4 years?

-Maybe the show was just future-proofing itself by saying "at the time the most expensive commercial project ever built in the United States"?😅

It cost $3.3 billion to construct the office building, the most expensive in US history. It took 5 years and 26,000 US tons of steel. Took ten years of negotiations with the city government and 200 tenants, and $220 million in commitments to public improvements in and around Grand Central, to get permission to clear an entire city block.

The actual demolition and clearing of the site took 19 months. Summer 2016 is when they began excavating the 60 feet deep foundations -with a parting wall only a few feet thick separating the Grand Central Terminal from the construction site. No commuter interruptions happened, everything went smoothly.

400 truckloads of concrete (402,000 cubic yards) reinforced with 1 million pounds of recycled steel formed the foundational slab, 100 long by 100 wide by 9 feet deep. The concrete had to poured continuously, since stopping could cause the concrete to separately dry unevenly, creating structurally-problematic "joints". Feb 3rd 2017 is when the hundreds of trucks from four different locations, each needing to dump its concrete within 2 hours of being loaded into the trucks, were brought in. Several streets had to be shut down to keep traffic from ruining this, and the constructors waited until after rush hour to initiate the speed pour. 27 hours later, twas a success.

When construction of the tower itself began in the summer of 2017, they decided to invert the usual skyscraper building process. Usually you start with the concrete core/spine, and add the steel frame around it. In this case, the steel frame was made strong enough to be able to support itself for up to 12 floors at a time. Two self-rising cranes that could "climb" the structure began work on the steel frame, adding the concrete core as the steel frame rose, the opposite of the usual. This was done to speed up the construction process, as every month's delay over the expected date would cost $20 million (a stronger steel frame was considered a price > a possible delay). One Vanderbilt was finished in September 2020, one month sooner than expected, despite the pandemic striking towards the end.

Oh, and minus the spire, the tower is 1301 feet/397 meters tall, 73 floors. There is an observation deck atop this open to the public (costs $$$) for those who like staring down on urban landscape.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I wonder what the skyline was like from there back then, ignoring the WTC it's not like skyscrapers have generally gotten taller in Manhattan since, would I be right?

The show did say that average Midtown Manhattan building is >75 years of age. One Vanderbilt was intended to sate the desire for modern office space in Midtown. 99% of the tower's office space is presently occupied, so it seems the demand was there.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And same, I've been to NYC a few times and there's still a lot I haven't seen. And that's just Manhattan alone, not even taking into account Brooklyn, Queens or 🤢 the Bronx.

-I've barely gone beyond Manhattan admittedly. Only a tiny bit in Brooklyn (ate there once, went to the Brooklyn Museum a different time, walked the Brooklyn Bridge starting on the Brooklyn side on a third occasion) and New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. Though Manhattan is the tourist center. Also you forgot Staten Island, the fifth and final borough.

44 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

From you, I was expecting G Gundam, b/c Statue of Liberty. Getter was unexpected.😆 (But I do recall GC database entries on SGRv.NGR mentioned NYC.)

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From you, I was expecting G Gundam, b/c Statue of Liberty. Getter was unexpected.😆 (But I do recall GC database entries on SGRv.NGR mentioned NYC.)

The Statue of Liberty cannon is such a USA/10 idea. XD

But yep, in Shin vs Neo, NYC was where the Dinosaur Empire burst up (as you saw from Machineland crushing the majority of Manhattan)... and where Musashi sacrificed himself to stop them.

Can't speak for the original or Go, but not the only time Getter has used the city. Armageddon also has stuff happening there. SRW D covers this, and is primarily why in that game, Big O's Paradigm City is somewhere else since... well, reasons.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Thanks Estonia.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Welcome back Dick Cheney.

There's going to be a conspiracy theory Biden did 9/11 now

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not sure if I'd continue the idea. Got a lot other stuff I'd write first. Though who knows.

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

RDT_20240910_2308263774050026551218274.j

Ahhh GGs, Harris got the Swiftie vote.

I guess the calculations were finally done on this one, took a while but now of all times? Well, that certainly caps the evening.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Signs it as Childless Cat Lady.

Vance in shambles. XD

This man has taken how many shots?

https://i.imgur.com/NYN9Vdd.gif

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

400 truckloads of concrete (402,000 cubic yards) reinforced with 1 million pounds of recycled steel formed the foundational slab, 100 long by 100 wide by 9 feet deep. The concrete had to poured continuously, since stopping could cause the concrete to separately dry unevenly, creating structurally-problematic "joints". Feb 3rd 2017 is when the hundreds of trucks from four different locations, each needing to dump its concrete within 2 hours of being loaded into the trucks, were brought in. Several streets had to be shut down to keep traffic from ruining this, and the constructors waited until after rush hour to initiate the speed pour. 27 hours later, twas a success.

Oh the logistics on that one. I would not want to have been going around there at the time that's for sure. But 9 feet deep? I'll admit I expected somewhat deeper.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

This man has taken how many shots?

https://i.imgur.com/NYN9Vdd.gif

Think about how badly Walz is gonna cook Vance. Gonna make Trump look undercooked and that's saying a lot.