Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Squandered an opportunity to speak up yesterday. For all the practice I've done in my head, I revert to cold silence on the matter whenever the chance arrives.😑 I wish I could just write an email instead, but that feels both cowardly, and like it wouldn't be as effective, even though I prefer written communication myself.

...I also feel like delaying the SoL visit again.😅 I'm not still hyped up for it, and honestly now it feels like it's something that "I have to get done". Maybe this is just how I am. And it's easy enough to do that I can push it back to whenever I want, there is no inflexible fixed day.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

my life is falling apart bingo Meme Generator

Play SMT1, the three Fiends only appear in specific random rooms with a 1/256 chance of spawning. And even if one defeats a Fiend, they have a separate 1/256 chance of dropping one of the three strongest weapons in the game. Which means you have only a 0.000015 or 1/65536 chance of encountering a Fiend and getting its weapon to drop.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Well, I had a bit of a heckin' concern at the moment, but after getting checked, we have determined.... well it's not something to be hospitalised for. I got the diagnosis of "maybe anxiety, maybe acid reflux?", which is just great, nice little vague answer to be nervous over.

Be well!🙂 And nothing calms like the human mind like ambiguity, doesn't it?😐

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

It's funny how thanks to that sword power-up, even the Copy Link command is also true. lol

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Man can't even be a Nazi properly.

I mean, they don't need to. Some people just want to be duped.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Zenobia the GOAT.

How long did it take you?

Hundreds of Core Crystals, for sure.

58 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Play SMT1, the three Fiends only appear in specific random rooms with a 1/256 chance of spawning. And even if one defeats a Fiend, they have a separate 1/256 chance of dropping one of the three strongest weapons in the game. Which means you have only a 0.000015 or 1/65536 chance of encountering a Fiend and getting its weapon to drop.

Sheesh.

ahaha what

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Squandered an opportunity to speak up yesterday. For all the practice I've done in my head, I revert to cold silence on the matter whenever the chance arrives.😑 I wish I could just write an email instead, but that feels both cowardly, and like it wouldn't be as effective, even though I prefer written communication myself.

Hmm, I'll admit, your mention of this leads me to ask, have you something drafted out? Not even to send as written, but something you could read out, either in full or the bullet points that you want to raise, to get it across to them.

Fair enough if going about it like that feels daunting.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...I also feel like delaying the SoL visit again.😅 I'm not still hyped up for it, and honestly now it feels like it's something that "I have to get done". Maybe this is just how I am. And it's easy enough to do that I can push it back to whenever I want, there is no inflexible fixed day.

All I'll say there is, the opportunity awaits. You at least have the chance to.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Be well!🙂 And nothing calms like the human mind like ambiguity, doesn't it?😐

And now there's a blame game on top of it, fun /s

54 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's funny how thanks to that sword power-up, even the Copy Link command is also true. lol

There's even an option to put him in your pocket.

4 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Fie has moves:
b906c81b72c28792e7013d209bdfd3e2.gif

always

Ain't she the one with the most Trails appearances, with 8 consecutive games?

well, atleast they picked one of the good CS characters

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Speaking of speedruns:

lol

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Invading Russia during the winter.

P3 approaching Armagon xD

Guys I'm sorry for the political posts but this is probably the most insane election year I've been conscious for

"I'm not a Nazi.......but".

JD Vance absolutely the kinda guy to make the Heil Hitler salute in the middle of Berlin as a joke and get arrested for it.

6 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ain't she the one with the most Trails appearances, with 8 consecutive games?

In terms of total appearances, Olivier beats her with nine appearances (Sky trilogy+Azure+Cold Steel quadolgy+Reviere). But Fie maintains the consecutive record yeah. 

Just now, Armagon said:

In terms of total appearances, Olivier beats her with nine appearances (Sky trilogy+Azure+Cold Steel quadolgy+Reviere). But Fie maintains the consecutive record yeah. 

Also unlike Olivier she's like playable in all of them.

And she will probably still appear in the future, being a bracer and all, while Olivier's Story is done

3 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Also unlike Olivier she's like playable in all of them.

And she will probably still appear in the future, being a bracer and all, while Olivier's Story is done

That is true, while Olivier got some playable segments in Cold Steel, he was more of a support character in the narrative than in Sky.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That is true, while Olivier got some playable segments in Cold Steel, he was more of a support character in the narrative than in Sky.

I still want the timeline where Olivier was the MC of CS. Yes, that's was one of the original plans

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

I still want the timeline where Olivier was the MC of CS. Yes, that's was one of the original plans

I can see why they didn't tho. The beginning of each arc is relatively self-contained so starting with a new arc with an MC you're already supposed to know might've been a bit much.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can see why they didn't tho. The beginning of each arc is relatively self-contained so starting with a new arc with an MC you're already supposed to know might've been a bit much.

Yh ik

Tbh tho, i think this whole "new arc gotta be self contained" thing is one of Trails' big weakness.

I get why they do it, new fans and all, but i still think it's eh

Edited by Codename Shrimp

5 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Yh ik

Tbh tho, i think this whole "new arc gotta be self contained" thing is one of Trails' big weakness.

Not even about new fans, I think it just makes sense for each arc to start out with relatively low stakes and then up the ante. With the way they do it at least. If they just kept Estelle and Joshua as protags the whole time, they could've done it differently.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

. If they just kept Estelle and Joshua as protags the whole time, they could've done it differently.

don't promise me with a good time

Tbh, if they did go that way, they would've probably handled it more the Ys way with Estelle and Joshua being effectively Adol of the story.

think it just makes sense for each arc to start out with relatively low stakes and then up the ante.

eh.

That's one of the things that makes the pacing sucky tho, and the series super formulaic.

Edited by Codename Shrimp

Tbh, if they did go that way, they would've probably handled it more the Ys way with Estelle and Joshua being effectively Adol of the story.

Adol and Dogi, more like it. XD

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hmm, I'll admit, your mention of this leads me to ask, have you something drafted out? Not even to send as written, but something you could read out, either in full or the bullet points that you want to raise, to get it across to them.

-I wrote out something... *checks the date* May 5th-6th, 2022 (the fiasco was Apr 29th of that year). A full email written like a written letter that I never sent.😅 Not 100% reflective of what I'd say now, some things are out of date with how I feel, though generally it isn't bad. But I've other bullet points well entrenched in my skull.

And there's the thought "if they don't believe me, do I show pics?". Do I hammer them with the repetition of the s/s games I've played? -But I really don't want to get that personal. I'd rather keep how I felt Eternights to myself and this topic, and keep the MCxYohan CG securely enshrined, away from eyes that might dismiss what it dearly means to me. Paradiso would be something I'd also want to keep away, I have no regrets about getting it, but with things getting 😋 after a boss battle, that I own such a game might trigger a reaction.🤣 And this topic would be evidence I would consider bringing up to counter any accusation "I'm confused and I just want friends" b/c y'all my buds (with no rub).😀 Except I dare not risk putting my existence here out in the open.

-What I do know is that going in with anger would likely not be the most effective. Despite occasionally internally venting with scripted anger.😆

55 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Fair enough if going about it like that feels daunting.

I instinctually clam up into the same quiet, visibly unemotional expression every time. Wishing in my mind that the one-on-one conversation would be over with already. It'd probably be quite the shock if I actually bore my heart out, since that doesn't match my external appearances at all.

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

All I'll say there is, the opportunity awaits. You at least have the chance to.

True. It's doubly frustrating.

• There's the ugh! of having to muster the effort and make the visit. And having had this hanging over me for me the past month or so.😩
  • But then, I shouldn't feel like seeing one of America's great historical immigration hubs & the Green Lady is a chore. Many would love to see these things Shrimpy wanna body-swap with me tomorrow?. That my struggle to wholeheartedly look forward to such a little trip is a sign I'm waaaaay too much of a homebody.🤨

Hate the daytrip? Or hate myself? -Why not both?😑

...The idea of visiting Ellis came in part from watching a video about it online earlier this year. -Yet somehow I feel almost content with the vid alone. Between video games and the Internet, I feel like I'm not exactly the most connected to physical reality. That to learn in the abstract, provides contentment to me than it does for the average person. Kind of how I like the ideas of snow, the beach, and the underwater world (I read about deep sea exploration earlier today -but ew! at the premise of being immersed in seawater for hours on end), but the physical realities I don't hurry out the door for.🤔

-And now I think I've just canceled it for tomorrow, during an interlude as I was typing this out.😅 TBF, somebody gave me an excuse (under the guise of being considerate of them) to delay it again. No new fixed date this time. I feel both relieved and like an idiot.😕

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

And now there's a blame game on top of it, fun /s

I have no idea what this is entailing, but I wish ya luck through whatever it be.

4 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Yh ik

-They won't be able to do that with the final final final final final final final arc though? Or at least the truly honestly undoubtedly certainly can't-be-otherwise last game (excluding the epilogue game)? 🤔 Now you have me wishing the SRW Zverse was translated, all five-six (or seven?) parts.

Like, how are you going to write The Protagonist of the Ultimate Conclusion? Can they really afford to be ordinary yet not feel insignificant if a bunch of old heroes show up for the grand finale? However, do you really want to make them obscenely stronger than everyone who fought hard and came before them?😐 -Maybe you write The Antagonist of the Ultimate Conclusion first -whom all the heroes will hate- and then write a protagonist who is specifically designed to be deeply linked to the villain and could not exist as a hero (as opposed to a normal person in the world) without them?

1 minute ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Wouldn't that get a little tiresome? Characters can only develop so much.

...In that case, I guess I some/much of the character development in each game would then get passed to Special Girl of the Month who would always have a crush on Estelle??

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now you have me wishing the SRW Zverse was translated, all five-six (or seven?) parts.

Five.

Z
Z2 Hakai-Hen
Z2 Saisei-Hen
Z3 Jigoku-Hen
Z3 Tengoku-Hen

Technically, there's also Z3 Rengoku-Hen. It was sold stand-alone, but it's more akin to OGs' 2.5 mini-campaign, acting as a OG-only lead-up to Tengoku-Hen.

Wouldn't that get a little tiresome? Characters can only develop so much.

Could instead go on how they help the new casts grow themselves. Think how SRW 30 handles Koji, Ryoma, and Amuro to the younger cast.

Also, as if that stopped RD Ike.

...In that case, I guess I some/much of the character development in each game would then get passed to Special Girl of the Month who would always have a crush on Estelle??

Hey, at least one would want a threesome.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

They won't be able to do that with the final final final final final final final arc though? Or at least the truly honestly undoubtedly certainly can't-be-otherwise last game (excluding the epilogue game)

Yup. If they do that for the final Arc it's gonna be slow AF. Slower than usual

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Like, how are you going to write The Protagonist of the Ultimate Conclusion?

SyzCmaZ.png

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, do you really want to make them obscenely stronger than everyone who fought hard and came before them?

They already did that with Haha Boy

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wouldn't that get a little tiresome? Characters can only develop so much

Hey i still like Adol xD

Just make sure to develop the rest and use Estelle/Joshua more as a PoV - like Adol, kinda.

Despite using Adol every time, Ys is much less formulaic and much more fresh every game than Trails is. Had a discussion about that a while ago which i can summarize here if anyone is interested

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Could instead go on how they help the new casts grow themselves. Think how SRW 30 handles Koji, Ryoma, and Amuro to the younger cast.

yeah this

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I guess I some/much of the character development in each game would then get passed to Special Girl of the Month who would always have a crush on Estelle??

Poor Joshua xD

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Gotta say, Estelle seems like a better protagonist than Mr. Rean "I fuck my own students" Schwarzer.

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Five.

Z
Z2 Hakai-Hen
Z2 Saisei-Hen
Z3 Jigoku-Hen
Z3 Tengoku-Hen

Technically, there's also Z3 Rengoku-Hen. It was sold stand-alone, but it's more akin to OGs' 2.5 mini-campaign, acting as a OG-only lead-up to Tengoku-Hen.

And that's the possible sixth I thinking of.

The possible "seventh" was whatever Z1 Special Disc is. IDK what that has on it.

I started thinking about Zverse, because I'd think you could call Z1, the two halves of Z2, and Z3 each their own arc. And I was curious how Genion & pilots is written when Gunleon, Virgola, Li-Brasta all exist already and eventually show up. Shouldn't all the zodiac spheres be of equal power, or does Gemini end up being > Lion/Maiden/Scales?

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, as if that stopped RD Ike.

True. Particularly of Amuro, since Uso and Jona are both successors within UC. -I also like to think on Endless Frontier EXCEED, since Haken's story wasn't completely over thanks to W03, yet they very effectively passed the torch to Alady. (A little surprising, for a game that's so often so unserious.)

I'd be willing to argue that Skrimir had a nice little Parts 3 & 4 character arc. That Skrimir became to some degree the protagonist for Part 3 early on at least, but they didn't spin it that way enough, that I concede.

11 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

SyzCmaZ.png

Well the kanji used for "Sky" can also be translated as "Heavens" or "Void", if I'm looking at it correctly? (Similar to the classical Greco-Roman heavenly fifth element of Aether.) Either alternative meaning would be suitable for a finale. Trails into the Aether! Although isn't Kai going to head into the black void of space already?

19 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Hey i still like Adol xD

Just make sure to develop the rest and use Estelle/Joshua more as a PoV - like Adol, kinda.

Despite using Adol every time, Ys is much less formulaic and much more fresh every game than Trails is. Had a discussion about that a while ago which i can summarize here if anyone is interested

-And so do I.😀

And sure, go ahead, post & summarize if you want to.

And that's the possible sixth I thinking of.

The possible "seventh" was whatever Z1 Special Disc is. IDK what that has on it.

The Special Disc is kinda like Rengoku. Has a few playable missions, and while it does have some extra stuff unlike Rengoku, it's still a bonus thing separate from Z. Although, there is connectivity between the two, since you need to do stuff in one to unlock stuff in the other. I'm guessing it relies on checking Save Data on the Memory Card to do so.

So yeah, it would make it seven "works", but like with Rengoku, it'd be more of a 0.5 of a game thing.

I started thinking about Zverse, because I'd think you could call Z1, the two halves of Z2, and Z3 each their own arc. And I was curious how Genion & pilots is written when Gunleon, Virgola, Li-Brasta all exist already and eventually show up. Shouldn't all the zodiac spheres be of equal power, or does Gemini end up being > Lion/Maiden/Scales?

Maybe since Gemini is actually two. XD

But yeah, I can't really help much there. The Z-lore is among the ones I'm least familiar with. Still know quite a bit, but not enough, as it were.

True. Particularly of Amuro, since Uso and Jona are both successors within UC. -I also like to think on Endless Frontier EXCEED, since Haken's story wasn't completely over thanks to W03, yet they very effectively passed the torch to Alady. (A little surprising, for a game that's so often so unserious.)

Wonder if there will ever be another Endless Frontier game. Or it's gonna become a Reiji & Xiamou situation where anything left to wrap up will be done through other games. Then again, for those two, it was always done that way, no?

Well the kanji used for "Sky" can also be translated as "Heavens" or "Void", if I'm looking at it correctly? (Similar to the classical Greco-Roman heavenly fifth element of Aether.) Either alternative meaning would be suitable for a finale. Trails into the Aether! Although isn't Kai going to head into the black void of space already?

Nah, go for the Void.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ell the kanji used for "Sky" can also be translated as "Heavens" or "Void", if I'm looking at it correctly? (Similar to the classical Greco-Roman heavenly fifth element of Aether.) Either alternative meaning would be suitable for a finale. Trails into the Aether! Although isn't Kai going to head into the black void of space already?

My crack theory about to become real

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And sure, go ahead, post & summarize if you want to.

Basically: Bracers

Well, Not bracers to be more exact.

Or, despite not being Bracers anymore after Sky, we still are bracers in everything but name. The series couldn't use the "new" setting to their advantage to create something new, and every game post sky basically follows the template set by Zero no Kiseki to a T. Can't talk about Kuro, all participants in the discussion were peeps who dropped the series after CS, but from what i saw it's the same? with some blood added to the mix

The series never changes. Heck, this formula even infected Ys in Ys 9, which was liked quite less than 8 and made many people afraid Ys will become Trails but with Ys gameplay - thankfully it seems Ys X destroyed these fears from what people tell.

Ys, despite almost always following Adol, is much more fresh and every title does change the formula in some way despite being Ys. Yeah you do have Adol crashing ships every other game and myth of the week, but it still feels fresh and has changes in the formula and the characters.

During the discussion, we wrote some points down and we arrived to 2 conclusions:

• Sky feels like the "Ys" between all the Trails games, and sense of adventure/wonder was kinda gone after because everytime we got hub + quests
  • Even if liked CS, i would've maybe left the series somewhere/-time behind due to how formulaic it is.