Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wonder if these would be brought back, or simply forgotten and tossed aside. They have no story, unlike the BS FE stuff.

I guess if we continue the model of having repeatable skirmish maps in the main campaign, then Trial Maps would feel superfluos.

Although, Engage did had Trial Maps, in a way. Just not gated to the post-game.ย 

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I used the number 25 with Roy as the only constant to allude to Melee. Because Roy truly isn't a Fire Emblem character.๐Ÿ˜

But he'll always be our boy!

Well, the manga didn't introduce that many, at least that could count as "playable", hahaha.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Bank doesn't wanna process my payment for the Versailles tickets. It might be over.

To be clear, I'm trying to get the tickets that grant access to the entire estate instead of just the individual parts.

20241002203302-1.jpg

-Using explosives to trigger earthquakes that cause magma to rise to the surface.๐Ÿค”ย Who wrote this manual?

More Terra Nil screenshots...

Spoiler

2024-10-02-21-18-26.png

Region three is the polar landscape. That's cool to me.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

20241002212001-1.jpg

I didn't realize that creating lava on the high ground would cause it to descend like a river to the lower ground.๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Though I do need the lava here, considering wind turbines aren't an option and I have to rely on geothermal plants for this map. Though I can't overdo it on the hot stuff, else I excessively destroy the space needed for the biomes.

20241002214329-1.jpg

Triggering the conditions for snowfall to occur (Humidity must be sufficiently high, Toxicity sufficiently low, Temperate below -5*C) really cleans up the map. The restorative powers of precipitation. (Though how does solid water cleanse the environment when in a polar climate it shouldn't always immediately wash away?)

20241002215427-1.jpg

-The aurora is always pretty. (Sounds silly locking its appearance behind near-zero Toxicity though.๐Ÿ˜›)

The Tundra biome tripped me up. For some reason I don't understand, it demands the higher ground.๐Ÿ˜• On my first attempt of this map I accidentally covered the high ground with Boreal Forest, and decided to just redo the map instead of waste resources burning the Boreal Forest and then growing Tundra in its place.

20241002223328-1.jpg

Jeez narwhals need it cold.๐Ÿคจย (I was going to say "why does it have to be below freezing when they live in the ocean?". -But then I remembered that 0*C is the freezing point of freshwater, and the ocean is salty.)

This map had me playing around with the Temperature, unlike the prior three where I just watched it go up. First, it inevitably goes up as you bring up the lava and plop down geothermal plants. -But if you want to optionally trigger glacier formation, you'll need to drop the temperature back down. Yet I had to raise it again to trigger more bonus conditions (the effects of which remain unlocked afterwards, no matter what Temperature/Humidity are changed to), some of which inevitably happened from the controlled burns I was doing. And then I had drop the temp once more reach the 12/12 happy animals requirement. Humidity also had to be controlled, getting it too high too soon for bonus conditions would prevent me from creating Tundra (not sure if there is any IRL reasoning for it).

20241002224122-1.jpg

Generating solid rock from lava and then growing Lichen on them is fascinating. Yet I ended up generating too much useless rock as I didn't understand the requirements that enable irrigators to be converted into colorful lichen-growing machines. The game was too obtuse.๐Ÿคจ

2024-10-02-22-38-30.png

A closeup of polar bears, moose, penguins, and some geese as it snows. This game isn't the prettiest, but it looks nice enough.๐Ÿ˜€

And it's difficult to see, but there are Kelp Forests beneath the water, can't ignore the marine world entirely.

ย