Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I think the site is bugged (at least for me). I'm seeing duplicate pages every time I try to go back, so I can't reply people 🙃

Anyway, finally got to the option

I have to say I'm really enjoying it rn. Cleared Madarame's palace, its much better than Kamoshida's

19 hours ago, Dayni said:

...........oh no.

Like I told you from the beginning, you can subdue but never tame me

15 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Three Houses's routes are "subpar" because they were made on a single budget. Fates's routes are sold separately so they could warrant a higher budget and, by extension, more differences.

Fates... good? Three Houses... bad?!

Not that I've played it, but it's probably because Daybreak II as it is mostly exists because Ys X was delayed and they needed something to release in 2022.

Bingo. It's even more clear now that Kai is out. Kuro II touches on time travel stuff but does nothing with it because the real sequel was Kai. The only good things about the game are the more polished gameplay compared to its predecessor, the Intermission and the Connect Events (which could be moved to Kai and it wouldn't make any difference), because the rest of the game is not only unnecessary but actively harms the arc

(I didn't think Reverie would be too relevant in the long run, but it's been referenced pretty often in Daybreak, so Daybreak II will still be mandatory viewing probably.)

Zero and Haji are the most important games in relation to Kuro. And Haji is even more important to Kuro II and Kai.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

@Interdimensional Observer

So, TIL of this:

Victory Five (Manga)

An official manga sequel work for the Robot Romance Trilogy... all at once! Has an interesting enough premise, but apparently it's very divisive in popularity. Mostly for some of its content and changes it does to the original works beyond making them all take place in the same continuity. It had no input from the Trilogy's original creator, either. Though to be fair, he had long passed away by the time this was made.

I don't think this ever has a chance to be used in a SRW game, though who knows. Crossbone Gundam in Alpha 2 already set precedent, as it were. Though the hurdles are likely different. Akira Kamiya's voice, for starters. Anyway, I still think it has potential. As an aside, I consider this one of its highlights:

erika_and_phobos_v5.jpg

Yes, Erika actually joins the action with her own Daimos-like Super Robot to pilot! Called Phobos, because you had to complete the reference I guess, heh.

Speaking off, I also learned another interesting piece of trivia regarding Daimos. It's a 44 episode series, but originally it was meant to have 50. The story was meant to continue past Olban's death into a proper epilogue segment, which those six episodes were going to cover. This included the Balhm-seijin actually settling down on Mars. Which makes me realize it could be why SRW 4 did that whole "they were promised Mars if they allied with DC" plot point that I brought up days ago. A reference to a scrapped story idea.

As it is, Victory Five is not the only manga of its kind. There's another, God Bird, which also throws Reideen and Daltanius (which were both also directed by the same person who did the Romance Trilogy) into the mix.

Fascinating what one can find...

Edited by Acacia Sgt