I am actually surprised

She just split his head open

#NotMyFalcomLead

3l9gzpS.jpeg

Agree

Seatown food best

1TtH2Gl.jpeg
5fGXQTv.jpeg

Poor peeps, got a choice between the series big evil - the romun empire - and Vikings

Sucks to be them

GWm2Z5Z.jpeg

Adol on the hunt!

wBEAHB8.jpeg

Apple lady mentioned.

YDnoYKh.jpeg

And then they wonder why no one likes to work smh

uZLUvGv.jpeg

>Blue colored mystery voice

here we go again

5GfoVpj.jpeg

England?

3CtWanM.jpeg

Harr so OP, he is now worshipped by Vikings in Ys!

xQ5pT0N.jpeg

And now they are bound. Romcom shenanigans abound?

jTIFCU6.jpeg

Falcom can write bloody leads now? 😮

Well...Adol himself is not really bloodfree, but not like this, ya know?

QsyTcrl.jpeg

Truly a pirate princess

2MFtuxh.jpeg

Crusade time

913XQVQ.jpeg

Finally someone got some nice words for our boy Dogi!

MpviKFc.jpeg

Told ya

wZU1I0U.jpeg

Hey!

Also did Falcom want to middle finger here

hNq30z2.jpeg

Too late

M5I2cxQ.jpeg

Yup, people already talking

FYzl890.jpeg

And he seems to be our main shipper xD

0iOMJav.jpeg

You know it Dogi, and this happens before your childhood friend joins the ever grown squad XD

6jsEjWq.jpeg

capitalism-ho-recettear.gif

IWryTuK.jpeg

Do you think you can bribe monsters, lady?

TEvvi2t.jpeg

Sounds like a fun clinic 😛

qZYmGK8.jpeg

And a wrap for today.

Like the demo quite a lot so far. Seems Falcom is experimenting here, not just gameplay, but Karja seems quite fresh as a lead character from Falcom. Can she overcome Dana tho? Remains to be seen.

But i have one major issue - an issue i foresaw, but still an issue:

The music SUCKS

Dear god, how much Ys has fallen - a series where one of the draws used to be the music that comes with the high speed action gameplay....

• Replies 180.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimp of the North

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, one new one with XY stuff coming out:

Spoiler

https://old.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/1g3tzae/potential_kalos_map_found_in_2012_build_featuring/

Holy shit, PokémOccitan big if real leak. Hell, Pokorisica! Having as much for the postgame would have been lovely for XY.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah the leaker was from here so Nintendo had to shut us down.

I knew SF was a danger to the world and ourselves

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Also the public transportation in London is dogshit on account that it's way too expensive. Motherfucker, an all-day bus ticket for all of Central Florida is $4.50 meanwhile a single bus ticket in London in $17.

That Florida bus ticket ain't bad actually.

considering an Amtrak in the northeast cost us $100 each a definite relief

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And enemies rotate one special that they're immune to, I don't exactly get why they did that.

Nah, I feel the Rock-Paper-Scissors idea behind it personally. Makes you decide what you're using each life and allows for ebb and flow for countering spam.

17 minutes ago, Venger_06 said:

Good mourning

I'm on Futaba's palace now, I'm feeling fatigued (it's not good)

This is why I'm not talking about the lore stuff.

14 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

M5I2cxQ.jpeg

Yup, people already talking

Norman Man talking a lot of shit for being in sword distance

I assume Norman Man is a recurring gag

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

When they don’t however, testing what went wrong is not always so fun. 

What kind of exemptions to rules for skills are you having to check for?

1 hour ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Tis time lads

I'll follow... ...eventually.😆 I'll get it for Xmas on Switch (b/c physical gift then), but that doesn't mean I'll play it right away TotK is still unplayed almost 10 months later. Felghana and Napishtim (or rather Uta-napishtim, the Mesopotamian king who was entrusted by the creation/wisdom/water god Enki with building a boat that could survive the coming great flood) are waiting in my Steam library. Though maybe I could do Felghana-Nordics-Napishtim to alternate between older and newest Ys.

-Also, only Nightmare? Aren't modern video games supposed to be toothless compared to the past?🤨 I thought you were going to leap into Inferno and later complain you trounced a boss half-asleep.

I wanna be student again ;_;

I'd join you.😀

We can?

Is 31 too young to have life regrets?

*cough* -Post all the screenshots ya want, but I'm going to brush past them. Since I know I'll be witnessing it all myself at some point.

Like the demo quite a lot so far.

-Oh demo.😅 I wrote the above seriously thinking the game was out, despite checking and seeing the contrary earlier today.🤣

capitalism-ho-recettear.gif

Greed-1.pngGreed-2.png

Some small talk I recently bumped into.

Okay, took my remaining claims in the Maghreb. This time they did put up a fight, I had to White Peace the Byzantines in a separate treaty so I could have Maghreb accept my demands.

I finally have a couple more Colonists, so made a beeline to Santo Domingo and Havana for the related Missions. Also at Fernando Po in Guinea for the same.

My Explorer has finished mapping the entire Atlantic. Don't see an option to head Plus Ultra, but I guess it's a matter of time.

I decided to skip ahead a little, and started conquering the Yucatan. I want to Core ASAP to establish a Colonial Nation. I want to do it in Mexico and not the Caribbean first so I can transfer ownership. From my gathering, I can transfer all but the Leeward and Windward Islands to the future New Spain. Since the Core Colony provinces cap is five before a Colonial Nation is established, I also started a colony in the province west of Havana so I can begin transferring the island once ready.

Need to focus on some of my other Missions, but for many I need to wait to unlock stuff. It's fine.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Also, only Nightmare? Aren't modern video games supposed to be toothless compared to the past?🤨

This seems quite harder than 9 so far.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Oh demo.😅 

yeah still have to wait ~1.5 weeks for full game 😭

21 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Very early opinion on Metroid Dread so far is I like a lot of it, but sometimes it feels like the E.M.M.I sections can be a bit frustrating when you are still exploring an area and don't know which doors they created to simply trap the player to death in. Once you have a better understanding of the map and aren't stumbling around playing a game of guess what the developers were thinking, they are kind of interesting

The EMMI sections do lose a bit of luster in subsequent playthroughs because you memorized the optimal route.

14 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Weekly ticked for Zone 1+2 should be enough tbh. Was like 40 pounds iirc and you could use everything

Yeah but The Who Shop was beyond those two zones.

No but honestly even then 40 pounds is way too much. The Paris tickets were single use but the tickets in Barcelona and Madrid would last you multiple days on everything and it was far cheaper.

9 hours ago, Venger_06 said:

I'm on Futaba's palace now, I'm feeling fatigued (it's not good)

Futaba's ain't even the worse palace.

9 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Tis time lads

Image links for most of them aren't working.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

considering an Amtrak in the northeast cost us $100 each a definite relief

The mistake was using Amtrak.

8 hours ago, Dayni said:

That Florida bus ticket ain't bad actually

It's pretty good. Lynx is a decent bus network, the main issue is that it's kinda stretched thin. Some lines will see multiple buses every 15 minutes, the others will see one maybe each hour and the line from UCF to Altamonte (I think) that passes by the Oviedo Mall is like every two hours.

Students also ride free btw. Haven't paid a single bus fare in four years.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll follow... ...eventually

Me when I preordered the game before leaving but now I'm broke as hell.

Xi5rFuV.jpeg

Wind waker time

also XBC3

kcVG0YV.jpeg

Shenanigans continue

EockXqC.jpeg

Busted by dear dad

IDGblXL.jpeg

Thing?

Really?

xD

uHKpSYv.jpeg

Ah yes, a prince for the princess?

WHkrFqS.jpeg

Quartztetris?

hpy6Rge.jpeg
VOSP41Y.jpeg

Seems like it

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but The Who Shop was beyond those two zones.

Yeah for that one day/few trips you will have to pay extra, but most of the good stuff should be in Zone 1+2

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No but honestly even then 40 pounds is way too much.

Yh London is very expensive

Berlin weekly ticket is also 40€ atm lol

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Image links for most of them aren't working

eh?

They are just standard imgur links 🤔

3 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Berlin weekly ticket is also 40€ atm lol

With the catch being the train never arrives or so I've heard.

3 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

eh?

They are just standard imgur links 🤔

Idk maybe when I get home they'll work again.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

What kind of exemptions to rules for skills are you having to check for?

Well the effect is as simple as (if enemy initiates combat with a magic weapon equipped, reduce damage taken) but when putting effects on Emblem skills, it gets a bit more confusing lol.

44 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Thing?

Really?

xD

Factually true, I've heard this before. Falcom invented no-thing.

Forget not that before the Norman Conquest, England was culturally/politically connected to the Norse world. The first famed Viking raid on England happened in 793 AD, at the monastery of Lindisfarne. From then until 1066, where Harald Hardrada died at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, the Norse had significant interactions with the Anglo-Saxons. This era peaked with King Canute the Great (r. 1017-1035)- King of England, Denmark, and later Norway. The death of the aforementioned Hardrada being one traditional end date for the Viking Age (in England, in Ireland and Scotland it came later).

-Once William the Conqueror won at Hastings by defeating the man (Harold Godwinson) who defeated Harald Hardrada, England shifted spheres. The Norman kings spoke Norman French and ruled lands in France, and so English international affairs became tied up in Frenchiness. Whilst the English language got that French and Latin-via-French vocabulary infusion.

A basic English word acquired from the Norse era- husband (husbondi). Originally it meant master of a household and before that a farmer; in a male-dominated agriculture-dominated world, it'd make the sense that a husband was usually a husbondi.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

With the catch being the train never arrives or so I've heard.

eh

about half the time, give or take

Also we have a monthly Berlin subscription for 29€ and a countrywide one for 49€ 😛

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Forget not that before the Norman Conquest, England was culturally/politically connected to the Norse world. The first famed Viking raid on England happened in 793 AD, at the monastery of Lindisfarne. From then until 1066, where Harald Hardrada died at the Battle of Stamford Bridge, the Norse had significant interactions with the Anglo-Saxons. This era peaked with King Canute the Great (r. 1017-1035)- King of England, Denmark, and later Norway. The death of the aforementioned Hardrada being one traditional end date for the Viking Age (in England, in Ireland and Scotland it came later).

-Once William the Conqueror won at Hastings by defeating the man (Harold Godwinson) who defeated Harald Hardrada, England shifted spheres. The Norman kings spoke Norman French and ruled lands in France, and so English international affairs became tied up in Frenchiness. Whilst the English language got that French and Latin-via-French vocabulary infusion.

A basic English word acquired from the Norse era- husband (husbondi). Originally it meant master of a household and before that a farmer; in a male-dominated agriculture-dominated world, it'd make the sense that a husband was usually a husbondi.

Was waiting for one of those when i posted some of the pics

but were the meetings really called "Thing"?

Also, I wanted to change Holy Stance from the useless counter to “if enemy initiates combat with a magical weapon, unit receives 20% at level 1 30% at level two and 40% less damage at level three.” And at level three it would also have “if enemy has an attack count of two or more, take 60% less instead”. 

17 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Was waiting for one of those when i posted some of the pics

My Aspie brain couldn't help itself.😆 -Though my viking knowledge could be a lot better in many aspects.

If Adol ever meets the Romun Emperor, maybe the guy could get a few Norsemen as an elite unit. The Varangian Guard of the later East Roman/Byzantine Empire, was the emperor's bodyguard, the "Varangians" being a synonym for Norsemen, Hardrada actually served in the Varangian Guard in his exiled youth. The Vikings did sail down rivers, they could easily reach Constantinople and work as mercenaries (and merchants) there. The Norsemen also settled in Eastern Europe, intermixing with the Slavs and thus creating the people known as the Rus, and from it Kyivan Rus the ancestral feudal blob to modern Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia. The pre-Romanov tsars of Moscovy-later-Russia claimed to belong to the Rurikid Dynasty (as did many other independent princes of Kyivan Rus), allegedly founded by a Varangian prince named Rurik.

...Although the West Romans had the Praetorian Guard, so I feel like Ys is going to have to blend the two centuries-apart and very different imperial bodyguards if it ever comes to that.

37 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

but were the meetings really called "Thing"?

Yes.😀 The word is apparently Germanic in origin. It could mean "assembly" or the matters discussed at an assembly, so you talked about things at a thing. -And Wikipedia tells me that the names of the national legislatures of Iceland/Norway/Denmark still use "thing" in this ancient meaning. The shift of definitions to thing meaning ...something that exists/existed... happened after the Viking Age was over.

It's done. New Spain has been established. Gonna focus on its expansion now, but first towards the Caribbean. I got my colony in the Guinea region per the Mission, and also colonizing Cabo Verde, but I wonder if I should take the Ivory/Gold/Cape coast as well. For full control of the trade hub. I'm redirecting Trade Power from Guinea to the Caribbean, and from there to Sevilla. Trade Power gets more power as it travels more. Good thing of Sevilla is that it's close to an end node (Genoa), so it can get a very sizable bonus with the right redirection.

Will need to consider when to tackle the Byzantines for my Italian claims. Problem is they have allies more willing to join the foray than mine. The only one, Syria, is sandwiched between the Byzantines and their Arab allies. And I'd still have to deal with Maghreb first, but I can easily White Peace out separately. Hopefully it can be fast enough...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

29 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

For any Engage knowledgeable players: how useful was Celica’s Favorite food skill? I assume it’s okay, but kind of… meh as far as fun goes. 

It is fairly niche. Engage is rather good about giving you the Engage power you need on the map, so I never really felt like I needed to use the skill all that much.

If Adol ever meets the Romun Emperor,

Well

Ys 9

Spoiler

He did meet his clone if you remember

Yes.😀 The word is apparently Germanic in origin. It could mean "assembly" or the matters discussed at an assembly, so you talked about things at a thing. -And Wikipedia tells me that the names of the national legislatures of Iceland/Norway/Denmark still use "thing" in this ancient meaning. The shift of definitions to thing meaning ...something that exists/existed... happened after the Viking Age was over.

naruhodo.gif

Man, I know the leaks haven't sprung that much of a reaction, so one more bit with a walk cycle:

Spoiler

This guy has the Dr. Livesey walk playing.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is 31 too young to have life regrets?

It's never too early

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's pretty good. Lynx is a decent bus network, the main issue is that it's kinda stretched thin. Some lines will see multiple buses every 15 minutes, the others will see one maybe each hour and the line from UCF to Altamonte (I think) that passes by the Oviedo Mall is like every two hours.

Would the many showing up so close be delay related?

3 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Well the effect is as simple as (if enemy initiates combat with a magic weapon equipped, reduce damage taken) but when putting effects on Emblem skills, it gets a bit more confusing lol.

Hmm.

I assume the check is for hitting Res, am I right?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Factually true, I've heard this before. Falcom invented no-thing.

I mean, the Battle of Clontarf was 1014, at which point their diminishment is setting in, even if they still held the enclaves  they settled before the Norman invasion (where their final removal is). Didn't help there wasn't much more intervention from Scandinavia from then on in Ireland......

Lest we forget the Normans themselves being the descendants of Norse invaders in Northern France who kept Normandy as their domain before their growth into the conquerors of England and Sicily.

The defeat of Haralrd led to the end of all tings to all (Norse) men /s

16 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

KM3TMC7.jpeg

I am actually surprised

She just split his head open

#NotMyFalcomLead

You’re damn right Shrimp-kun! You deserve a real lead for your nautical adventure, a truly fierce captain for your ship!

571122c05171014e2c0cc127.png

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/10/bandai-namco-reportedly-cancels-nintendo-commissioned-project

Alongside this, Bandai Namco is reportedly using "oidashi beya" — expulsion rooms — to put pressure on around 200 employees to leave voluntarily, rather than outright fire them. Bloomberg reports that this is a "traditionally Japanese approach to reducing staff" as the employees are given no work to do while in the room. Oftentimes, employees use that time to look for other jobs.

-Never heard of these before.😯

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's done. New Spain has been established. Gonna focus on its expansion now, but first towards the Caribbean. I got my colony in the Guinea region per the Mission, and also colonizing Cabo Verde, but I wonder if I should take the Ivory/Gold/Cape coast as well. For full control of the trade hub. I'm redirecting Trade Power from Guinea to the Caribbean, and from there to Sevilla. Trade Power gets more power as it travels more. Good thing of Sevilla is that it's close to an end node (Genoa), so it can get a very sizable bonus with the right redirection.

If you ever get too dependent on Genoese bankers, just remember you can always default!

2 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Well

Ys 9

Ofc I hadn't forgotten that, why else would it be in my skull?😃

-Although I feel like such a day will be relatively low on adventure -as where could Adol possibly meet the Emperor himself that isn't a big city? But it'll be very high on drama no doubt. I too predict that references to past games will be higher than normal. Krysha will coincidentally be conducting a business trip to wherever Adol & Garmanicus are, Laxia likewise will be attending a scholars' conference in the city, Ys 7 Princess (her name I forget) will be making a diplomatic visit, Griselda will play some role ...and I'm sure this would be just the tip of the iceberg. Hopefully Falcom doesn't screw this big game up. (And then they'll follow it with something breezy, adventurous (and Romun-free) to keep fans happy on that front.) Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't want to tackle for as long as possible b/c it deserves to be epic. (...Yet, for all the world-saving he coincidentally does, Adol seemingly doesn't publicly go down in history as a world savior😆 -if his journals are the most notable record left behind of him that is. Whatever Adol does with the Emperor, it'd possibly have to be hush-hush to an extent.)

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Man, I know the leaks haven't sprung that much of a reaction, so one more bit with a walk cycle:

The seed-shooting Bulbasaur is nice.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I mean, the Battle of Clontarf was 1014, at which point their diminishment is setting in, even if they still held the enclaves  they settled before the Norman invasion (where their final removal is). Didn't help there wasn't much more intervention from Scandinavia from then on in Ireland......

Fair. I know quite little about the Irish aspect of the Viking Age.😅 -And the conversion to Christianity had already begun the Viking decline.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Lest we forget the Normans themselves being the descendants of Norse invaders in Northern France who kept Normandy as their domain before their growth into the conquerors of England and Sicily.

I've heard Roger II of Sicily was a very cultured king. Relatively tolerant of Islam -to the point of rumors that he secretly converted- and patron of the arts and scholars, on an island that had been briefly ruled by Muslims beforehand.

And it's very understandable that, given the base game will only contain 10 civilizations for the second of the three eras, that Civilization VII is choosing the Normans. Ticks off a whole bunch of boxes.

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

Hmm.

I assume the check is for hitting Res, am I right?

Actually, I got it working, I was just overlooking something minor which caused it to not work.

But it checks for the “weapon has magical damage type” flag, basically.