Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Benice said:

what happens if Haar dies?

A Unit like Jill still exists. And so do other units, like Gatrie, etc.

Also if Haar dies later on someone like Aran won't salvage the situation.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

tbh the only really ironman friendly games are FE3, 11, 12 and somewhat 6.

*laughs in ambush spawns*

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

. I don't mind class trees or reclassing a la DSFE

but like

DSFE also makes every unit become everything????

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Good Morning, Julian!

I see what you did there xD

Good Morning!

And yeah, I think it was about time to have a more meaningful title regarding the latest discussions here.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

I like the modification to the title, not gonna lie. It actually makes sense.

This is the final Teehee, then!

Since I saw new people who came here just to discuss about Berwick Saga, the updated till maybe will attract even more people who like / play this game.

And no, I always will have the final Teehee!

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I just hope school was a one time thing. I really don't hope they go down the fates route and double down on everything i didn't like much in 3H.

I'd also agree with this. The monastery, more often than not, became tedious to work through and ended up consuming almost as much time as the actual battling. Going back to the multiple army setup that Radiant Dawn had would be nice though.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I really hope they don't keep the class system and customization-I feel like every unit is basically the same more-or-less anyways, and it makes actually designing good difficulty really hard. I don't mind class trees or reclassing a la DSFE, but please no more TH-like stuff...

Thing is though, each unit still has their base stats to point you towards an optimal specialty. They aren't the same by any means. Ingrid, for example, would have made for a horrible brigand or something similar due to her poor strength, but works better as a peg knight so she can at least dodge reliably with her speed (or as a swordmaster as well, possibly). Customization just lets the player do some neat custom setups if they want to. Having options is always a good thing.

------

And, since the teehee is gone from the title, how about one more...

tumblr_nthmddKCh71twrse4o1_500.gif

teehee!

Don't think much on about a repeat of the school system... won't mind either way.

But I do like the whole managing a base thing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Teehee is eternal!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Going back to the multiple army setup that Radiant Dawn had would be nice though.

Would be my prefered setup as well.

Especially with the lords on opposing sides.

Fun fact: if it wasn't for Part 4 RD would be my fav. xD

I prefer a more lineal progression. Just stick with the same ever-growing group all game long.

Maybe do RD!Part 4 style route splits. Like SRW does!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

A Unit like Jill still exists. And so do other units, like Gatrie, etc.

Also if Haar dies later on someone like Aran won't salvage the situation.

The point stands that there isn't always going to be good units upon good units. If Haar dies, you lose a tanky flier. Nobody else will be as tanky as Haar as easily as he does it. Say he dies in part 2, even. Then Brom becomes really important-He is the only tank you'd have in Elincia's gambit. The things that each unit can do become more important.

laughs in ambush spawns*

Those games are designed around losing units. Even if ambush spawns suck, it would be much easier to ironman Shadow dragon H3 blind than Three Houses with no Divine pulse.

but like

DSFE also makes every unit become everything????

It doesn't make you spend several hours to make Pegasus-chan an archer, though.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Thing is though, each unit still has their base stats to point you towards an optimal specialty.

To me, it matters little about that though, since any good class path will make any unit good. Lysithea kicks butt as a warrior between Axefaire, Deathblow and class buffs to strength, for example. She didn't proc strength once before she was level 18, and she was still able to ORKO a large portion of enemies.

Ingrid, for example, would have made for a horrible brigand or something similar due to her poor strength, but works better as a peg knight so she can at least dodge reliably with her speed (or as a swordmaster as well, possibly).

Ingrid would probably want to master Death Blow if she is to be a fighting unit, though. Her strength can be easily repaired.

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Customization just lets the player do some neat custom setups if they want to. Having options is always a good thing.

I don't disagree about customization, but I'd rather see that by either having DSFE reclassing or many units. TH's system is just very cumbersome and slow.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ngl, Berwick's base is actually pretty good. Although item management is more tedious than it needs to be. I should be able to trade any item, at any time, whether or not it's equipped.

I agree that prep is a bit clunky in Berwick. I think that trading equipped weapons shouldn't be a thing once in combat, though.

As for the next FE: As long as it's designed to be ironman friendly and has actually good gameplay, I don't particularly care how they do it.

Ngl, Berwick's base is actually pretty good. Although item management is more tedious than it needs to be. I should be able to trade any item, at any time, whether or not it's equipped.

And equipping items shouldn't force me to move the unit unless the unit was disarmed by an enemy unit and/or is injured.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Why though? What could possibly be the benefit to lacking that feature?

So that what you attack with and have equipped actually matters-I dislike being able to attack using a really heavy and powerful weapon but not having to deal with the drawbacks of using it.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

The point stands that there isn't always going to be good units upon good units

Yes, but nobody should lose that many good units in the first place.

Then Brom becomes really important-He is the only tank you'd have in Elincia's gambit.

...except Brom isn't really tanky.

Those games are designed around losing units

Ah the classic ''it's game design''

It's bullshit design

I could also tell you 3H maddening ambush is designed around you recruting everyone so you can replace who you loose easily. Still bullshit design

It doesn't make you spend several hours to make Pegasus-chan an archer, though

Which is good. There should be some effort in making units reclass.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

but not having to deal with the drawbacks of using it.

Which makes me just not use the weapon if i can't unequip it by trading.

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

So that what you attack with and have equipped actually matters-I dislike being able to attack using a really heavy and powerful weapon but not having to deal with the drawbacks of using it.

Said drawbacks would be?

I still fail to see how that would affect simply trading weapons back and forth in battle. FE has done that for a long time now.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

except Brom isn't really tanky.

Tankier than Nephenee, so he'd have to do that job.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah the classic ''it's game design''

It's bullshit design

I am not justifying ambush spawns, I am saying that games should be designed around losing your best units. The game isn't designed around you having every single amazing unit in the game or making specific decisions. You get many, many units. You have all the resources needed to complete the game.

31 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Which makes me just not use the weapon if i can't unequip it by trading.

It means that each weapon does its thing-Lances in berwick would be broken if you could just trade them around, for example. Or being able to use Thysrus multiple times every turn, but also removing a shield-I can use weapons without any of the problems with the weapon.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Said drawbacks would be?

Things such as weapon wieght, place in the weapon triangle, being too good for the situation, effectiveness against units, etc.

29 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I still fail to see how that would affect simply trading weapons back and forth in battle. FE has done that for a long time now.

FE also has done ambush spawns for a long time now, yet it still isn't a good mechanic. I mostly have a problem with things like being able to use Thysrus about 3 or 4 times every turn and the like.

21 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Trading weapons back and forward has always been a go to strategy of mine. Legitimately a viable strat.

Yes, but I think it should be limited, at least. Maybe the secondary item slot, (rings, shields, etc.) can't be traded or something. I dunno, just being able to completely circumvent any problem a given item to use is a bad thing IMO. Such as, again, using Thysrus then swtching to a silver shield.

I am saying that games should be designed around losing your best units. The game isn't designed around you having every single amazing unit in the game or making specific decisions. You get many, many units. You have all the resources needed to complete the game.

You can do that without making 90% of yout units a burden. See FE5. FE5 forces you to use more units than usual because fatigue, but it never goes into forcing useless units on players.

Unless you are only stuck with Marty party.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Lances in berwick would be broken if you could just trade them around

umm, not really, thanks to the turn system, the enemy will have a shot at you before you can trade it around.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mostly have a problem with things like being able to use Thysrus about 3 or 4 times every turn and the like.

I see nothing wrong with it, if you plan around doing that.