Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Knowing what part you're probably talking about, it's Elma at her most badass

Yep. 

Xeno series do be consistently making good female protagonists, which is something that can't be said for a lot of JRPG franchises out there.

28 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Octopath Traveler is a great one.

Worth noting that the old-school RPG vibe also applies to the gameplay and it may prove to be too old school for some. Which was the case for me. 

Thankfully there is a demo so people can see if the combat is for them or not.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Worth noting that the old-school RPG vibe also applies to the gameplay and it may prove to be too old school for some. Which was the case for me. 

Thankfully there is a demo so people can see if the combat is for them or not.

Really? To me the gameplay (if you mean combat) always felt like a more fresh and modern take on the JRPGs of old, if anything.

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Really? To me the gameplay (if you mean combat) always felt like a more fresh and modern take on the JRPGs of old, if anything.

Yeah I was referring to combat specifically. My main problem with it is that anyone in a support class just can't solo and you have to solo for the beginning chunks of each character's story. Like, I remember doing Primrose's story first and the first boss was such an HP sponge because Primrose was not designed for combat. The same thing happened with the thief dude though to a bit lesser extent iirc.

That and the fact that this character-focused game lacked interactions between the eight main characters broke the deal for me.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

And is Vantage in TH?

I think it is.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah I was referring to combat specifically. My main problem with it is that anyone in a support class just can't solo and you have to solo for the beginning chunks of each character's story. Like, I remember doing Primrose's story first and the first boss was such an HP sponge because Primrose was not designed for combat. The same thing happened with the thief dude though to a bit lesser extent iirc.

I did Primrose in the demo and Ophelia in the main game, and I never had a problem. Well, I lost twice with Ophelia, but that’s only because she’s very squishy. If the problem is just the boss fights being longer than oh boy you better hope be glad you never dealt with the secret shrines and the “final boss”, so to speak...

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That and the fact that this character-focused game lacked interactions between the eight main characters broke the deal for me.

Biggest criticism right there. I’m not sure if by “lacked” you mean there should have been more of that there weren’t any at all, and they actually did start in each character’s chapter 2 but... they were virtually absent and the one scene you got per combo for their chapters (and by that I mean say Ophelia and Primrose again, for each chapter they can only speak once, so Ophelia chapter 2, Ophelia chapter 3, Ophelia 4, Primrose chapter 2, Primrose chapter 3, and Primrose chapter4) which were usually incredibly short. Some of them were good, like Tressa and Primrose in Primrose chapter 2, but they were mostly just there (and that one was only good for being funny). I can see why you wouldn’t like that, although it wasn’t really a dealbreaker for me.

Ok so Lakeside Getaway is probably my favorite sidequest that I've done in Xenoblade X so far. It starts out so innocent but it quickly turns into fucking Alien and the fact that I did this quest at night upped the horror factor. And the fact that the parasites hatch after contact with water reminded me of the Doctor Who episode "The Waters of Mars". FYI I did the B-Route of this quest so Ajoa was able to survive.

And since we were discussing this earlier @Interdimensional Observer I guess that the Lakeside Getaway quest does give reason as to why Mims would want to avoid alien pathogens. Pathogens and parasites are different but both require a living host to function and this sidequest shows that Mim bodies are susceptible to stuff like this.

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ScDGkQL.gif

But ngl, I am extremely intrigued after reading that first chapter. 50% of that intrigue is genuine, the other 50% is me wondering just how drunk did the author get lmao.

As a related side note Godzilla did canonically fall in love with a human at one point (read the second bullet point).

16 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

did Primrose in the demo and Ophelia in the main game, and I never had a problem. Well, I lost twice with Ophelia, but that’s only because she’s very squishy. If the problem is just the boss fights being longer than oh boy you better hope be glad you never dealt with the secret shrines and the “final boss”, so to speak

It's less that it's hard and more of it just takes too long. The Break system can't effectively be used solo but that's what you have to deal with for the first boss so it just ends up taking too long.

17 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Biggest criticism right there. I’m not sure if by “lacked” you mean there should have been more of that there weren’t any at all,

Yeah, usually when I say "lacking" I mean there should've been a lot more. If there isn't at all, I'd usually specify.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But ngl, I am extremely intrigued after reading that first chapter. 50% of that intrigue is genuine, the other 50% is me wondering just how drunk did the author get lmao.

it's been pretty fun so far, ngl. And yes, i think the author was drunk haha

At the beginning of vol2 the author was like ''This is a shoujo manga, yet i have more male readers'' xDD

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As a related side note Godzilla did canonically fall in love with a human at one point (read the second bullet point).

Oh? Interesting.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's less that it's hard and more of it just takes too long. The Break system can't effectively be used solo but that's what you have to deal with for the first boss so it just ends up taking too long.

Oh yes... definitely be glad you didn’t have to deal with those late game bosses, I had full parties and boy did those take quite some time...

IMG_20201019_230155_1.jpg

Based. 

What's really funny is that like three feet from where this screenshot was taken, there's a quest you can accept and it turns out the client is racist.

IMG_20201019_230159.jpg

This guy totally would be a Trump supporter lol.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

At the beginning of vol2 the author was like ''This is a shoujo manga, yet i have more male readers'' xDD

Hey man, you put Kaijus in your story, that's a garuanteed male audience right there.

16 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

dafuq? A provoked enemy unit just attacked a different unit than the unit that provoked it...

game pls

What if you

Provoked an enemy unit

But Kaga said

No

17 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

dafuq? A provoked enemy unit just attacked a different unit than the unit that provoked it...

game pls

Ah yes, the old Provoke glitch.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I didn't finish Ch12-1 yet (although it shouldn't take me much longer)

I would say more chapter like it pls, and less like waiting simulators we had in the first half of the game.

Come second half of the game, go all out!

Dangit, you're farther than me now.