• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

27 minutes ago, Armagon said:

ut going back to fundamentals, in an SRPG, the things that the player does to themselves should always be a garuantee. Trading with their units? Garuanteed? Rescue? Garuantee. Heals? Garuantee.

Class changes? Not guarantee anymore. Seriously, I hope that doesn't return...

I mean tbh I hope nothing returns from TH but still

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I am still at like ch5, so everyone the game gave me so far xD

Stick with Evan and Lex, is my advice. All the earlygame units are great (heck, almost all the game's units are great in their own ways), but those two are a notch above the rest, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Stick with Evan and Lex, is my advice. All the earlygame units are great (heck, almost all the game's units are great in their own ways), but those two are a notch above the rest, in my opinion.

Even is really cool, especially with his PCC (main reason why i will give him SPD scroll when i get it). He even got a MoV level up!

Lex on the other hand

Yeah he gets Galeforce and all, but he is so weak otherwise. He can'T kill anything to make use of it. I will try to use him.

Honestly, hack is lookin pretty cool and i like what it is going for (except maybe slow penalties, don't like the concept at all even if i am a fast player). The only real complaint i have is the music choice...

not good xD

Edited by Shrimperor

Honestly, the best class change system was Tellius. No items required, just the effort of training your units to earn the promotion they get. It actually feels like a reward, even with BEXP, since you have to work extra to get as much of that as you possibly can out of each chapter.

Edited by twilitfalchion

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Class changes? Not guarantee anymore. Seriously, I hope that doesn't return...

Oh yeah, that was pretty stinky. Savescumming didn't even work either.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Even is really cool, especially with his PCC (main reason why i will give him SPD scroll when i get it). He even got a MoV level up!

Lucky Evan! Honestly, I like Evan because he's versatile. He kills everything with crits, he tanks despite being a mage, he heals... He can do anything!

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lex on the other hand

Yeah he gets Galeforce and all, but he is so weak otherwise. He can'T kill anything to make use of it. I will try to use him

Stick with him. Trust me on this one. He's the community's favorite character for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Honestly, hack is lookin pretty cool and i like what it is going for

That is excellent. I hope you keep enjoying it going forward!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

(except maybe slow penalties, don't like the concept at all even if i am a fast player)

I prefer it to the way other hacks do it, which is "RUN OR I SPAWN INVINCIBLE ENEMIES ON YOU". I am a rather slow player normally, but I appreciate the incentives to run fast.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

The only real complaint i have is the music choice...

not good xD

What!? How dare you. That opinion is wrong, I'll kill you!

If you fail to properly channel the energies of a healing spell, it should cause an explosion dealing as much magical damage to the user as the spell would have healed, while dealing half the damage to everyone on the adjacent tiles.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I prefer it to the way other hacks do it, which is "RUN OR I SPAWN INVINCIBLE ENEMIES ON YOU"

Ugh i hate that, too. 

Instead just offer rewards to the players for playing fast like most FE do (in the way of chest/Bandits + Thiefs/Village)

And the amount of hacks that get reinforcements right can be counted on one hand anyway.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yeah, that was pretty stinky. Savescumming didn't even work either.

I mean, you can, but it sucks to lose 2k gold at a time when Marianne failed becoming a Bishop at 88% Three times.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

If you fail to properly channel the energies of a healing spell, it should cause an explosion dealing as much magical damage to the user as the spell would have healed, while dealing half the damage to everyone on the adjacent tiles.

Suicide healer new meta

Come to think of it, in Berwick Saga healing spells can technically fail too. It's just presented differently.

Well, not like anyone not named Saphira has any trouble meeting the rank requirements and negate any failure chance.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Skills are command-based now. Have been since Echoes and I doubt it'll change. Crit rate and growths are all basic RNG things, although ngl, after Acacia saying that SRW doesn't have RNG growths, I'd like to see that in an FE game.

But going back to fundamentals, in an SRPG, the things that the player does to themselves should always be a garuantee. Trading with their units? Garuanteed? Rescue? Garuantee. Heals? Garuantee.

Imagine if Trades could miss. "Oh whoops, I dropped the item, guess that's a turn wasted".

Well no, that was just an additional note. My main point was that people don't really care whether or not they use the same units again in a different run.

But then you're just ignoring that they are all luck based because it's always been that way. It still doesnt change that fact. Chapters can be forced resets because of crits, always has been that way. That shouldnt be an "exception" because its standard FE. 

Also, Thracia has the whole second move idea, which is luck based as well. Which I think is fine, it's still RNG based moving. 

I guess so, but that has nothing to do with fatigue being a thing. But the idea of it isnt "luck" it's based on your max HP. You can easily plan around that.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

I mean, you can, but it sucks to lose 2k gold at a time when Marianne failed becoming a Bishop at 88% Three times.

You can just train her more in faith...

24 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

She had B+ Faith, I didn't really wanna bother getting that to A manually when I could be developping other people instead and she very well should have been a bishop already. I like how Raphael made it into Bishop at a 40-ish% before Marianne did.

Finished chapter 1 in Cold Steel IV.

At the end the best of the best appeared, but once more they were not controllable of course.

At least this little as adorable girl

Spoiler

image.png.56d42cc9e5221b00fc0287311671e844.png

joined my party, so the fun should really begin now!

Storywise it definitely catches my interest instantly as Cold Steel II did, but both have pretty much a similar story build aside Cold Steel IV having a much bigger character cast.

Still I totally enjoy the Rean-free-time.

Juna as a "protagonist" isn't bad at all, even if she doesn't reach Estelle's level.

If it will end up that way, the incumbent will need to take it to lower courts first and not the Supreme Court right away. Business as usual for a guy like him to show his ignorance and/or contempt for established processes.

Amy Barrett will do her job!

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

32 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Which isn't necessarily an option based on what else the unit's doing.

Marianne does like that Move +1 for instance, Dancer or no.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

I like how Raphael made it into Bishop at a 40-ish% before Marianne did.

Either this is Bishop only or you're cursing me with knowledge that should be kept unknown.

It is also noteworthy that it is rigable at the start of the month, but I never found it a huge necessity more than once, even in Maddening (And those who have been following my "contribution" to the 3H ranking thread rankings know I had units in plenty of classes.)

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Chapter 9's boss... Grauve... is a pain in the ass to kill. Shield that reflects damage back at the user... probably shouldnt have tried to Astra that. Xd whoops.

Welcome to Black Knights, probably the scariest enemy type in the whole game. 

1 hour ago, Spara said:

Welcome to Black Knights, probably the scariest enemy type in the whole game. 

Yeah, I wont make that mistake again, yikes.

So when Enid makes 5 mag, does she promote as soon as I begin the next chapter?