Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of the Flier, I think having the ability to auto-dance itself is too broken haha. Don't know if that's just how SRPG studio works or if you can change it.

I wanted it to be Galeforce actually, but i couldn't figure out how ti add it, so i gave it a 3 turn cooldown instead xD

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also was James supposed to be recruitable or not? Cause idk, he felt important

nah just a random face xD

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

15 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Only Fox and Ninja Hell are bad from those

All amazing maps except Ryoma's

👌 maps. 

The joke was that the middle ones were some of Conquest's best imo, as for the journey to Hoshido sequence they either suck story wise or are the hells you describe.

The end maps can be considered really tightly designed sure, but they can end up being utter BS (I stand that Hexing Rod/Staff Savant is still a criminal act, 27 can be surprisingly trivialised 😛 and Final is its own beast, especially when you can't save before it and stat boosts are lost.)

But anyway, idk about the whole game but Ch.8 at least encourages early promotion.

Okay, so it's in that sense.

Only if you have a good PC. Way before I had my current PC, I tried running PCSX2 to play Xenosaga for the first time. I couldn't.

That's sad to hear, this laptop I picked up this year (<€500) and there's no way the last one would have pulled it off.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah just a random face xD

Ah ok. Cause he was the only one with an actual name so I didn't know if you were testing how recruitments work.

Ah ok. Cause he was the only one with an actual name so I didn't know if you were testing how recruitments work.

I am still in the process of testing recruitments tbh, but i wanted that guy to actually guard an Arena first as a mini-boss, but couldn't figure out how to do an Arena, so made him protect shop with OP items instead xD

33 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Conquest cast wise ain't all that great, barring Elise the best I do is tolerate them myself.

At least that’s one good character...

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So far, my promoted squad is (no pre-promotes):

Roy

Best hack.

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The joke was that the middle ones were some of Conquest's best imo, as for the journey to Hoshido sequence they either suck story wise or are the hells you describe.

Joke as in you don’t actually like them?

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Joke as in you don’t actually like them?

That Chapter 22-25 are some of my favourites, it's a counterpoint to the journey to Hoshido imo.

Just now, Dayni said:

That Chapter 22-25 are some of my favourites, it's a counterpoint to the journey to Hoshido imo.

Well you already know that chapter 10 is my favorite.

I really liked those ones as well, I also really liked the boat map... 14 I think?

Just now, Sooks said:

Well you already know that chapter 10 is my favorite.

I really liked those ones as well, I also really liked the boat map... 14 I think?

I also think 10's good, just wanted to do counterpoints. :P (The boat map's 16).

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Laslow, maybe? Selena is tolerable, although I much prefer Severa.

All of the Fates versions of those three are the older characters but hollowed out. Laslow is just the flirt who dances.

If we’re just talking about tolerability, the only ones I would say I can’t tolerate are Camilla, Effie, Peri, and Nyx for being annoying as heck.

I also forgot to mention that I unironically like Leo.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Promotions in general seem more balanced, that is to say, there's a lot more items to go around.

Oh, absolutely. The promotion thing was always one of the things I hated the most about FE6. Waiting until chapter 16 to promote half the team was just... Why, FE6? It's nice that PE gives you a few more items. And, of course the ability to promote Roy early.

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Best hack.

He promotes into Eliwood's promoted class from FE7 (only with 8 move) with a knight's crest. Pretty nice.

Sony originally planned to kill their stake in the game industry.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, absolutely. The promotion thing was always one of the things I hated the most about FE6. Waiting until chapter 16 to promote half the team was just... Why, FE6?

Not only that but I'm pretty sure you never had enough promotion items anyway. Not unless you spent a fortune in the secret shops.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Sony originally planned to kill their stake in the game industry.

Decisions like that are what killed the Vita. Would've been interesting to see the same kind of thing kill one of their main consoles as well.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Decisions like that are what killed the Vita. Would've been interesting to see the same kind of thing kill one of their main consoles as well.

What killed the Vita was just a complete lack of advertising iirc.

In this scenario, the PS5 is getting extensive advertising but no one's spending $100 for the standard edition of a game. And that's just here in the U.S. $70 games means folks in countries like Australia and Canada are paying even more. Imagine what $100 games would do.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wait, Nintendo's charging 95+ dollars for their games...

What's different with Sony doing that?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

What's different with Sony doing that?

Because $60 has been the norm for most console video games for years now. Upping that to $70 or higher wouldn't be consumer friendly or beneficial to Sony's business as a company.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nintendo charges $60 usually, Canadian exchange rates push it up to $90 I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If Nintendo pushes it up to $70, then in Canada that's $100.

Correct me if I'm off on my exchange rates.

Edited by Armagon

Nintendo charges $60 usually, Canadian exchange rates push it up to $90 I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If Nintendo pushes it up to $70, then in Canada that's $100.

Correct me if I'm off on my exchange rates.

Oh yeah, forgot that the Canadian dollar is fairly weak right now.

TH was 98 dollars, not including taxes IIRC.

37 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

How does Conquest compare in difficulty to Radiant Dawn normal mode?

That's the hardest difficulty I've ever beaten an FE game on.

Conquest normal is like RD normal Dawn Brigade chapters. With useful units and not 90% scrubs

Edited by Shrimperor