Nintendo Direct announced for 9/23/21

Perkilator

41 minutes ago, Reality said:

Also disapointed that the New Mario Party  doesn't keep the map specific costumes when playing on the Mario Party 2 maps 

I'm so glad that someone else feels the same way because I thought I was being too nitpicky for disliking that particular choice but the costumes are like one the biggest reasons Mario Party 2 is still my favorite. Would have been so great if they extended it to the other non-MP2 boards too like formal wear for Peach's cake or beach/summer attire for Yoshi's Tropical Island.

Anyway, overall the direct was very underwhelming but Kirby 3D looks great. I had given up hope of such a thing ever happening but this has me more hyped than Smash or BOTW2. It looks so gorgeous despite being in what seems to be a post-apocalyptic version of our Earth. I'm a bit worried because there wasn't a whole lot going on in the gameplay. I know it's early but still stuff looks empty and there was barely more than like one or two enemies at once showing up. Hopefully future trailers prove me wrong though.

As far as the movie announcement goes, Chris Pratt kills it for me. They could have picked any Chris to attract the MCU audience and of course they went for the homophobic one. Definitely not supporting this movie, but with Illumination behind it, I don't think I'll be missing much anyway.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

The Mario movie cast list is kind of...yikes. Definitely a mad grab for the most expensive talent that would say yes. I think a lot about how the Pokemon and Sonic movies didn't spring for big name actors despite being in Live action. And they're modest successes. This is an animated film, those faces your paying for aren't doing anything beyond their name. I'll begrudgingly admit Charlie Day for Luigi is probably brilliant, though. What the heck are Donkey Kong and Cranky Kong doing in the movie anyway? Is this low key a Donkey Kong Country film? Or will there be flashback scenes to the origins of Donkey Kong and Jumpman, and then when we flash forward that DK (who is now Cranky Kong) is recapping that story to freaking Seth Rogan.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Foreman Spike of all characters will be in the movie. Like, it's his construction site the one Donkey Kong and Jumpman went to during the entire thing.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

completed the Voice of Cards demo this morning, and i really liked it

it's an interesting tabletop rpg/jrpg hybrid, can't wait for its release (although i'll hate whoever decided that the limited edition should've been a japan-only thing for the rest of my life)

That Castlevania collection is a great deal. I've been playing Circle of the Moon and everything just sort of sits around for you to break them apart in one hit. Sure they can blast me across the room when they hit me, but only for single digit damage. The Boss fights will sponge a lot more hits, but victory on a first try really comes down to whether you found the nearby save point before wandering in. And once you notice boss fight rooms have particular doors to look out for, that becomes a non issue. I used to turn my nose at these design decisions, but I think I'm starting to see what other people see in the non action castlevanias. It's just a big old power fantasy. You are the lord of this castle, not Dracula. I'm running around as the literal whipping boy. Putting all these once-threatening monsters in their place.

On 9/24/2021 at 8:58 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Foreman Spike of all characters will be in the movie. Like, it's his construction site the one Donkey Kong and Jumpman went to during the entire thing.

Wait, it's not Spike, as in...the koopa guy from the original Mario movie?

On 9/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wait, it's not Spike, as in...the koopa guy from the original Mario movie?

No, this guy:

Super Mario Bros. Movie: Who is Foreman Spike? - Den of Geek

From Wrecking Crew.

You know, I just realized... if this were to be true, then Jumpman will likely be a different character from Mario (grandfather most likely, to go with the Cranky and Donkey parallel). If so... then is Jumpman who Charles Martinet may voice in the end then?

Edited by Acacia Sgt