FFtF topic quality

lolDeath

For the record, That was about Aragorn, and his badassness. A serious topic. It was turned into idiocy.

As I said, I like Aragorn, those topics are fun. I understand why people like Spam, and how it is fun. Sometimes though, it gets to be too much, like in the aforementioned cases (posting basically nothing, then quoting your own post without saying anything, etc)...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, I like Aragorn, those topics are fun. I understand why people like Spam, and how it is fun. Sometimes though, it gets to be too much, like in the aforementioned cases (posting basically nothing, then quoting your own post without saying anything, etc)...
Right. I am guilty of quoting someone without a real post, a few times, but it's just fucking retarded.

I don't recall saying I was having trouble doing my job, just that I can't do it alone. You should understand that. When we got a new mod and admin, I was actually opposed to it, but I didn't pursue it much because I trust in Vincent's decisions.

If people can't spam in a spam board, what do you suggest they do there? And yes, your post pretty much suggested people should stop spamming altogether there. I'm not saying it should be only spam, but you have to allow it if that's where it's been told to go.

You said without reports it's hard to do your job, and if you can't do it alone, then obviously you need help.

Your suggestions to fix problems are so similar whenever I see you give them. Maybe it's just me, but pretty much all they ever seem to do is either state that you don't believe it's an issue worth addressing, if an issue at all, or that we should just deal with it because there is nothing that can be done. I am rather concerned about this, then again it may just be me.

I don't recall saying I was having trouble doing my job, just that I can't do it alone. You should understand that. When we got a new mod and admin, I was actually opposed to it, but I didn't pursue it much because I trust in Vincent's decisions.

You are saying that you can't do your job, that you were opposed to hiring more staff, and that you aren't saying that you are having trouble all in one breath. Are you trolling us?

If people can't spam in a spam board, what do you suggest they do there? And yes, your post pretty much suggested people should stop spamming altogether there. I'm not saying it should be only spam, but you have to allow it if that's where it's been told to go.

Nobody ever said to completely disallow spam, stop putting words in our mouths. If you can not debate the points made you need to just stop. This is about punishing people for rulebreaks more often and you are completely derailing it.

... I didn't say they shouldn't spam. As has been said many times, there's a difference between regular, fun, funny spam, and posts like "lol", or "". That contributes NOTHING at all. It only serves to waste people's time and bandwidth. I like spam, and I often do spammy things, but Spam shouldn't equal complete wastes of time and energy.

You said without reports it's hard to do your job, and if you can't do it alone, then obviously you need help.

Your suggestions to fix problems are so similar whenever I see you give them. Maybe it's just me, but pretty much all they ever seem to do is either state that you don't believe it's an issue worth addressing, if an issue at all, or that we should just deal with it because there is nothing that can be done. I am rather concerned about this, then again it may just be me.

It's a good thing I have help. 3 other mods, 3 admins, an assistant, and members who report. That's the help.

To each his/her own.

You are saying that you can't do your job, that you were opposed to hiring more staff, and that you aren't saying that you are having trouble all in one breath. Are you trolling us?

Nobody ever said to completely disallow spam, stop putting words in our mouths. If you can not debate the points made you need to just stop. This is about punishing people for rulebreaks more often and you are completely derailing it.

Alone. Read what I just wrote above and cut the libel.

His post pretty much did. I'll address it below...

... I didn't say they shouldn't spam. As has been said many times, there's a difference between regular, fun, funny spam, and posts like "lol", or "". That contributes NOTHING at all. It only serves to waste people's time and bandwidth. I like spam, and I often do spammy things, but Spam shouldn't equal complete wastes of time and energy.

Last I checked, things like "lol," "XD," "ok," "I agree," "Me too," "No u," "ZOMG," "OVER 9000!" "penis," and the like are all forms of spam. Spam isn't supposed to contribute anything! It can, but no one said it has to!

It's a good thing I have help. 3 other mods, 3 admins, an assistant, and members who report. That's the help.

To each his/her own.

Alone. Read what I just wrote above and cut the libel.

His post pretty much did. I'll address it below...

Last I checked, things like "lol," "XD," "ok," "I agree," "Me too," "No u," "ZOMG," "OVER 9000!" "penis," and the like are all forms of spam. Spam isn't supposed to contribute anything! It can, but no one said it has to!

:mellow:

Eh...I don't even know how to respond to that. You just...repeat yourself...over and over. No matter how many times we prove you wrong.

That's the thing, you are not alone and you still aren't doing it! Don't accuse me of libel when everything I say is coming straight from you.

What!? You all have misquoted me at least once in this entire damned thread! Read MY posts, why don't you!?

The other two staff members who posted here pretty much said they realize it's a problem, and they don't have a solution at this time. And pretty much are saying they'll get back to us on it.

The reason no one said anything to them, is because they acknowledged there's a problem, and said something should be done, but they aren't sure what yet.

What you did Fox was say you didn't see a problem, and started to justify the problem. Even though if 5 people are complaining about it, it's obviously a problem. That's why people targeted you, because they disagreed, and you continued to try and justify the problem. Even saying you don't know what to do about the issue, and that you'll come back when you have an idea, or just discussing it with other staff members would have been enough. But when you deny it's a problem, it makes us worry that the staff don't see it as a problem, and therefore aren't going to address it.

No, this is where it seems to break down.

Spam might not contribute much, but it'll give me a laugh or two, might make me think a little.

Most of the stuff I think shouldn't be there is NOTHING like that. It looks remarkably like ZERO though went into most of it. That type of post is basically saying you don't care enough to post something semi comprehendable or contributional. By posting like that you're basically saying that everybody else isn't worth your time, and you really don't care enough about anything to actually take the time to think about your post.

I think about every post I make, spam or not. Maybe it's only to think of the funniest way I can integrate a variation on "I stuck my dick in an electrical socket", but it's actual thought.

Tell me one good reason why someone should post simply to acknowledge the existence of the thread. If everybody did, we'd have over 600 posts in every thread.

I'm going to agree with Cynthia, Death, Revan and others.

This happening once or twice is not a problem, but this is what we see in Far From the Forest all the time. This is not spam anymore, this is what I'd like to call "idiocy", which is a completely different issue. I have only skimmed through this topic, but I believe it has been adressed that these forms of idiocy will bleed through to the other sections. And yes, I've seen it happen that there were simple "XD", "ok," "agree," "lolz," and similar kinds of posts being posted in serious threads with discussion value. Practically everything that's not in Far From the Forest has some discussion value, and it gets highly annoying when people interrupt discussion with disturbing posts that contain high levels of idiocy.

What!? You all have misquoted me at least once in this entire damned thread! Read MY posts, why don't you!?

I misquoted you, are you serious? I am reading every single thing you say and I am let down more and more by each post. Why don't YOU read OUR posts and respond with something useful instead of repeating your points that have already been proven wrong?

This happening once or twice is not a problem, but this is what we see in Far From the Forest all the time. This is not spam anymore, this is what I'd like to call "idiocy", which is a completely different issue. I have only skimmed through this topic, but I believe it has been adressed that these forms of idiocy will bleed through to the other sections. And yes, I've seen it happen that there were simple "XD", "ok," "agree," "lolz," and similar kinds of posts being posted in serious threads with discussion value. Practically everything that's not in Far From the Forest has some discussion value, and it gets highly annoying when people interrupt discussion with disturbing posts that contain high levels of idiocy.

Tino is right. Almost all the bad behaviors in FFtF I have observed at least once in a different section, usually with absolutely no retaliation.

Of course you wouldn't mention me. :P

Fox, please don't waste our time anymore. Either respond with at least a basic understanding of what we mean, or stop posting. You don't seem to get it! We don't want to kill all Spam Yet...

By God, I can't take this anymore. Rejoice, you all "won the debate." I no longer care. I'll continue doing my job, you can continue complaining.

But see, that's kind of the problem...

By God, I can't take this anymore. Rejoice, you all "won the debate." I no longer care. I'll continue doing my job, you can continue complaining.

If you're just going to walk away and not care, then perhaps you shouldn't have that job in the first place, and give it up to someone else that does. Nothing personal, just if you really cared about Serenes Forest you would either at least acknowledge it's a problem and say you're going to at least DISCUSS IT with the other staff members, and not just tell us to deal with it, or give the job to someone else who will.

This is about what's best for the forest in the long run, not about the satisfaction of the few.

Edited by Cynthia

It is impossible to continue something you do not do in the first place.