FFtF topic quality

lolDeath

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Spam is supposed to be funny, and sometimes annoying, but it isn't supposed to be disturbing to those who actually want to read some somewhat meaningful or funny conversations (or post in them), which it effectively is at this very moment.

So post something meaningful. Set a standard for topic quality on the forum instead of whining about it.

If you're not going to post there, then don't worry about it.

So post something meaningful. Set a standard for topic quality on the forum instead of whining about it.

Members are supposed to set standards as opposed to the staff enforcing them? I am obviously in the Twilight Zone.

Canas, I doubt even a compromise will work here.

Edited by Death

I was saying that if there are limits put on FFTF then allow any over-the-top spam to go in ultima

What I meant was that I don't see a reason why Ultima should be an exception. However, I won't rule out the possibility I suppose. Although I'm worred Ultima in that form would just turn into a microcosm of the current FFTF.

EDIT

That's probably beyond the scope of regular members, and would definitely be a bit difficult for the staff.

Edited by VincentASM

Members are supposed to set standards as opposed to the staff enforcing them? I am obviously in the Twilight Zone.

To an extent, yes.

If you don't want your kid doing drugs you shouldn't do them. And just because a cop tells you that you won't doesn't mean you won't and doesn't mean they won't.

What I meant was that I don't see a reason why Ultima should be an exception. However, I won't rule out the possibility I suppose. Although I'm worred Ultima in that form would just turn into a microcosm of the current FFTF.

it would limit the stupidity down to one topic, it may be concentrated stupidity, but it is in one topic which few people actually read.

To an extent, yes.

If you don't want your kid doing drugs you shouldn't do them. And just because a cop tells you that you won't doesn't mean you won't and doesn't mean they won't.

Do not compare posting on a forum to drug use, it is completely invalid. I mean, an admin just even said that it's hard for the staff, you are being completely unrealistic.

I am not going to set standards for this community, or even try. It is a lost cause as far as I am concerned and not my job in the first place.

Well I thought that Far From the Forest is meant for spam.

Spam doesn't have any meaning to it...so I don't get what some of the members are trying to say here... =/

I am slightly surprised members find this issue bothersome... :blink:

It never really bothered me. If members find some of the topics stupid just ignore them. Its honestly not that hard or requires extreme will power to do so.

BTW Fox I think your doing a great job as a Moderator...

Hey, why don't we change the title of FFtF into "General forum, but not really"? Seriously, this whole topic is flawed because it is based on opinion and high standards. Apparently, some of you don't understand that spam means Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages. If you change any part of that, it doesn't become a spam forum anymore.

Do not compare posting on a forum to drug use, it is completely invalid. I mean, an admin just even said that it's hard for the staff, you are being completely unrealistic.

I am not going to set standards for this community, or even try. It is a lost cause as far as I am concerned and not my job in the first place.

Is it completely invalid? The way you talked of the poor posting styles in the poor topics and how they would spread sounds just like drugs. Just because you can't take a comparison between a serious issue and a null issue doesn't make it invalid.

Vincent said that changing the forum was beyond the scope of the members in such a manner, and I never said it was possible either. But you're trying to place limitations on others because you feel that allowing poor posting habits there will allow it to spread elsewhere without posting there.

Edited by bunny

spam means Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages.

Agreed. These topics in the far from forest don't have no meaning to them.

Some members said it takes forever to find some useful discussion within those topics but...why on Earth are you looking at the FFtF forum. :blink:

The general forum is the best place to find some useful discussion, not the FFtF forum. FFtF forum just contains topics that are completely random.

XD XD LOL OVER 9000

Lock the topic. This will change nothing, I see that now.

Wait, I missed some posts, I am not trying to limit anything, I am trying to cut back on the amount of bullshit through which members must sift. But if you guys like it that way keep it, I was only making a suggestion, no reason to fret.

Edited by Death

The problem with FFtF is that the forum performs just one function: fun. People have very different tastes when it comes to fun, leading to situation where some will think that FFtF doesn't deliver when some think it does. That is the issue in here and Red Fox of Fire did excellent work leading the discussion out of this main issue with poorly chosen words.

It changes everything. Because now it's clear that something just isn't working. But you went about it the wrong way, and you acted like you were better than others when you have nothing substantial to offer.

You know me so well, thank you my lifelong friend. You make such valid points. And now you continue to derail this topic, good work. You are smart.

XD XD LOL OVER 9000

Lock the topic. This will change nothing, I see that now.

Wait, I missed some posts, I am not trying to limit anything, I am trying to cut back on the amount of bullshit through which members must sift. But if you guys like it that way keep it, I was only making a suggestion, no reason to fret.

"Cutting back on bullshit" is limiting things. You just contradicted yourself.

I know you had good intentions, but in the end, this is same as forcing maturity on members.

You've bashed the moderating staff the entire topic and expected to get away scotch free? On the self titled important forums. And it's not the first time. You more than deserve the warn. And frankly, I think the complaint proposed in the topic is ultimately worthless because whether it completely changes or doesn't you probably won't post there and you don't have to read the topics.

There's a difference between bashing and disagreeing. If we can't point out the incompetence of the staff and what expectations we have from them, then what CAN we do to ask for improvement from them?

Are you suggesting we just accept the staff how they are and never oppose them?

There's a difference between bashing and disagreeing. If we can't point out the incompetence of the staff and what expectations we have from them, then what CAN we do to ask for improvement from them?

Are you suggesting we just accept the staff how they are and never oppose them?

There is a difference in the two. But when you accuse someone of not doing their job, you're bashing them. Especially if they feel as if they are. That's what he did, and that's why the post was directed at him and not everyone in the topic.

Also, Death. While I can't really say anything to argue against what you said, posting there still couldn't hurt the situation. Some topics that are plagued in FFtF may actually qualify to be in general, and people always feel stupid when they post a sentence after someone posts three paragraphs.